• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle announced (Blazblue X Persona X Undernight Inbirth X RWBY)

So this is the BB game for Switch (and multi) that Mori was talking about?. Such a shame the lack of Guilt Gear but I guess they don't want to make HD sprites just for this game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Did ArcSys license its motor to uniel or they will make the sprites from zero?

UNIEL's sprites are too recent(and more importantly high quality) to logically have Arc redo them, its not a Capcom SNK scenario.

This is most likely a budget endeavor for Arc of all the sprites from their previous games they had lying around plus exposure for France Pan. All they really need to do is make the RWBY sprites and some new stages

Cause it started as small project without big VAs?. That's been her voice actress since day 1, I don't think anyone wants her replaced

I'm not saying I want the VA replaced, I'm just asking why the character sounds drunk in the trailer.

Is at least better in the show given it's been going on for 4 seasons? Voices usually improve as a series goes on.

Inuhanyou

I'm not saying I want the VA replaced, I'm just asking why the character sounds drunk in the trailer.

Is at least better in the show given it's been going on for 4 seasons? Voices usually improve as a series goes on.

yeah the VA improve and stuff in the show

Slater

Banned

Yes, honestly sounds like they grabbed her quick just to get the lines

sjay1994

Well... the VA just gave birth a month ago, which might have affected her voice quality. It's usually not as shrill as in the trailer.

Kalentan

Blame the director at Roosterteeth. Her voice was fine in volume 1 but they keep having the actress make her voice higher and higher each volume. It's pretty awful since the character is actually aging.

I just finished watching Vol 4 and her voice sounds fine in that.

Kalentan

Really? I thought she sounded awful during the
Qrow vs Tyrian
fight

I mean maybe I'm just used to it but her voice in the trailer vs Volume 4 sounds completely different. The trailer voice sounds like they somehow went back in time, got the actress that voices her before she had even voiced her and it was her first run at it.

Fj0823

I mean maybe I'm just used to it but her voice in the trailer vs Volume 4 sounds completely different. The trailer voice sounds like they somehow went back in time, got the actress that voices her before she had even voiced her and it was her first run at it.

I mean she's far from a pro and recently had a baby. Maybe she didn't have a director with her and was only asked to read the lines without context

Kalentan

I mean she's far from a pro and recently had a baby. Maybe she didn't have a director with her and was only asked to read the lines without context

Well it's just my thought. I imagine once the full game is out her voice work for the game will be much better.

I don't watch the show regularly, but from what I've seen, her performance is solid. Her lines in trailer might be a voice director issue, since they aren't indicative of her usual performance.

Does anyone know who did voice direction for her for the trailer lines? Was it Roosterteeth or Arcsys?

petran79

Banned
Some sprites are even using the same stance animation.

I hope this gets a PC release as well due to including P4/Atlus characters

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Jesus Christ! Persona and RWBY?! Good lord. I can't handle all that in one game.

I don't think Minato was in ultramax.
Looking it up, and it seems that indeed he wasn't. My bad, totally misremembered that. Guess that would imply that the P3 protag is probably not going to happen. Still would be surprised if no-one from P5 showed up.

spiritfox

Given what happened to the P3 protagonist I highly doubt he would be in P4A. But they could do it here depending on the canonity.

luffxan

I don't watch the show regularly, but from what I've seen, her performance is solid. Her lines in trailer might be a voice director issue, since they aren't indicative of her usual performance.

Does anyone know who did voice direction for her for the trailer lines? Was it Roosterteeth or Arcsys?

Probably Roosterteeth considering it was so bad. Rwby has never been good at that as much as i've tried to like it

I hope the RWBY Japanese dub cast is in. Ruby's Japanese voice actress is Saori Hayami. Although Weiss is my favorite character, Saori Hayami is one of my favorite voice actresses.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow lol.

I searched some videos of RWBY and it looks like a PSP game :\
I understand being indie and all the rest, but at least add a basic cel shading.

Inuhanyou

Wow lol.

I searched some videos of RWBY and it looks like a PSP game :\
I understand being indie and all the rest, but at least add a basic cel shading.

It was not ever going for graphical fidelity considering the base was essentially done out of Monty's basement, that's not really the draw. But they have improved the visuals significantly in the switch to Maya

Is RWBY worth watching? I looked at trailers on CR after this was annouced and it looks really cheap ?

It is relatively very cheap yes. Its worth a watch IMO

Loz246789

Is RWBY worth watching? I looked at trailers on CR after this was annouced and it looks really cheap ?

Animation quality wise, season 1 is ROUGH. Background characters are just black shadows of people, and even with the main cast there are a few bits where you can tell they just didn't have the budget to do some things better. Fortunately, season 1 is the shortest season, and each subsequent season is a drastic improvement. And the fight choreography at the very least is almost always a treat.

Plotwise, it's a slow build, and it can feel a bit predictable at points, but the characters generally do a good job at carrying the show until the plot actually gets going. Not the best overall, but certainly not the worst, and hey if it gets in more fight scenes I'm certainly not complaining.

Also the music is excellent. Consistently. If nothing else listen to the soundtrack.

sibarraz

Banned
UNIEL's sprites are too recent(and more importantly high quality) to logically have Arc redo them, its not a Capcom SNK scenario.

This is most likely a budget endeavor for Arc of all the sprites from their previous games they had lying around plus exposure for France Pan. All they really need to do is make the RWBY sprites and some new stages

But would they fit with the rest of the characters? At least Blazblue and Persona look like they could belong in a same game, but don't know how will uniel sprites look there

Loz246789

What's the choreography been like for RWBY since Monty's passing?
Season 3 was pretty great, although this is largely because a lot of the ground work was already done before Monty passed away.
Season 4... Largely less so. There's one really cool fight half way through the season, but otherwise you can really feel Monty's passing. Fortunately the writers seemed to realise this and shift the focus for the season towards other things, but hopefully season 5 improves again.

Top Bottom