• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

Demoskinos

Did anyone link to Vicarious Visions' blog post Edit: beaten, lol

They handwave the collision issues of the game and file it under "Oh you just need to be more precise". They think the collision issues are a feature of the game; in fact they don't acknowledge a single issue that players have reported at all, which is immensely concerning. I can live with Crash 1 having the physics of Crash 3 but it looks like we're not getting a patch for any issue. Guess we'll have to live with the fucked up fire hitboxes, wonky shield enemies, slipping off the ropes in the road stages in Crash 1, Coco jet physics, etc...

Yeah, while that is true there are also times I've straight up just slid off platforms I shouldn't have. I would hope they would consider tuning the physics (especially in Crash 1) a little bit in the players favor. Some jumps like the platforms on the last stretch of Sunset Vista can be infuriating because the window for a successful jump is incredibly tiny right there even though what you're seeing visually would suggest otherwise.

ghibli99

Grabbing the last few gems in the main game before going back for the gold/platinum relics in Crash 2. The backtracking in some of these stages make this game more frustrating than Crash 1 in certain ways. In fact, Crash 2 makes me appreciate Crash 1 for its purer approach to platforming, even though overall, Crash 2 is a better designed and balanced game.

They handwave the collision issues of the game and file it under "Oh you just need to be more precise". They think the collision issues are a feature of the game; in fact they don't acknowledge a single issue that players have reported at all, which is immensely concerning. I can live with Crash 1 having the physics of Crash 3 but it looks like we're not getting a patch for any issue. Guess we'll have to live with the fucked up fire hitboxes, wonky shield enemies, slipping off the ropes in the road stages in Crash 1, Coco jet physics, etc...

lmao pretty much!!

Not a word about the horrendous load times which is disappointing.

I mean they didn't outright deny these problems like they did the new Jump physics. I feel like the rest will be filed under silent fixes for the first patch. I mean the shitty hitbox for fire and Nitros jumping way too fucking high aren't features, they can't be...

Then again, I'm being optimistic.

farisr

lol

that whole blog post was basically handwaving away the existing issues with "but we've made these other improvements in other aspects of the game tho!"

Come on guys. There are definite improvements/changes that need to be made, and I say this as a person that platinumed Crash 1 yesterday so it's not an issue of "just gotta get used to it."

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
And im willing to bet the Comic Con announcement is the worse secret ever that weve known for months about the DLC when the Trophy list leaked about those two trophies.

EDIT- And the guy pretty much covered every single point we all made here about the Crash 1 collision issues, jump boxes, etc....i bet there's at least 1 or 2 VV people here that creep and/or post on GAF. Noone's as vocal as we are lol

*Splinter

I wouldn't call any of the things you listed "issues" so... good?

They seriously should be fixing a few enemy hitboxes, especially the turtles in Crash 1 and a few things in Crash 2. They could also slightly increase the length of the jump in Crash 1 - takes 30 seconds of testing to see that the jump is shorter here so bit weird that they like it where it is.

That's all I'd want them to change though. Oh and add a restart option to normal runs, I guess.

On a cheerier note, sounds like we will hear about the DLC Thursday. Wonder what the price will be.

Demoskinos

I wouldn't call any of the things you listed "issues" so... good?

They seriously should be fixing a few enemy hitboxes, especially the turtles in Crash 1 and a few things in Crash 2. They could also slightly increase the length of the jump in Crash 1 - takes 30 seconds of testing to see that the jump is shorter here so bit weird that they like it where it is.

That's all I'd want them to change though. Oh and add a restart option to normal runs, I guess.

On a cheerier note, sounds like we will hear about the DLC Thursday. Wonder what the price will be.

They can't seriously charge for it.....

Roo

And im willing to bet the Comic Con announcement is the worse secret ever that weve known for months about the DLC when the Trophy list leaked about those two trophies.l

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case lol
Their big E3 surprise was playable Coco and we knew about her like a week in advance lol

The all-crate gem in CB2's Cold Hard Crash can suck my Cold Hard Dick. I managed to get it in the end, but only because I died so much I spawned with 2 Aku Aku masks.

Croash

The all-crate gem in CB2's Cold Hard Crash can suck my Cold Hard Dick. I managed to get it in the end, but only because I died so much I spawned with 2 Aku Aku masks.

Same, did not enjoy any of it and I don't remember so much frustration with the original.

Disappointed by the blog post. I didn't expect a No Man's Sky/Andromeda damage control response but at least a statement about player feedback that promises improvements to some aspects of the current game behavior. There is quite a big list of possible changes VV should look into.

But, eh, it's barely been two weeks, plenty of time to see where this goes. I'm sure they won't disregard their passionate community's wishes, especially for a previously dormant series.

Anyway, Crash 1 and 2 at 100% and just got Crash 3's Platinum.

Time to go back to 2 and 1 for Time Trials. I started with Spaced Out, needed about 50 attempts. I'll just do my best on the toughest levels first and then enjoy the peacefulness of earlier levels.

Finally finished the High Road...
giphy.webp

Up next Slippery Climb.
giphy.webp

Mr-Joker

Banned
After failing multiple times on the motorbike race and having to get my little brother to do it for I realised something;

"Why am I wasting my time playing Crash 3 and the stupid remaster when I am clearly not enjoying it?"

So since I have no desire and intention of finishing the Crash 3 I might as well sum up my thoughts on the remaster as whole;

Crash 1; I always felt that the crash 1 was boring to play and the remaster doesn't fix that, plus getting all the gem doesn't feel rewarding as I know that the reward isn't worth it.

Crash 2; I always maintain that Crash 2 was the best of the bunch and I still feel that way...for the original version that is as the remaster version is just straight up garbage with wonky hit detection, twitchy nitro, terrible ice physics and Polar floaty jump.

I will just stick to the superior original version, even if it means that I miss out on the box count, being able to play as Coco and the much better 100% ending.

Crash 3; Crash 3 is just straight up a bad game with awful gimmick and bland level theme, I will never play Crash 3 as long as I live as I just don't find the game to be fun anymore both the jetski and motorbike levels put me off for life, so well done ‎Vicarious Visions you somehow made terrible levels play even worse.

Also the lack of subtitles meant that I just skipping cut scene as if Vicarious Visions wasn't willing put in the effort to put in subtitles then I wasn't going to waste my time struggling to understand what the character were saying.

Same, which threw me off when I got my third Aku Aku.

But honestly I felt that the remaster version was worse than the original due to the dreadful ice physics as I never had that much problem in the original.

I dunno that just seems really shitty. They should just patch those levels into the game as a thank you to all the fans who actually made this thing a success.

We should be thanking them for including an entire three games remade from the ground up and only charging $40 bucks for them. It's a total steal as it is, and you want whatever new stages they bothered to remake as extra to be free too? Christ some people won't be happy until games cost $1 and comes with free DLC for life. They're a business and they don't owe us shit as a "thank you". If you don't want it, you don't have to spend a dime on it.

Liamc723

We should be thanking them for including an entire three games remade from the ground up and only charging $40 bucks for them. It's a total steal as it is, and you want whatever new stages they bothered to remake as extra to be free too? Christ some people won't be happy until games cost $1 and comes with free DLC for life. They're a business and they don't owe us shit as a "thank you". If you don't want it, you don't have to spend a dime on it.

Oh wow. You're an idiot.

It has to be Cold Hard Crash. Its absolutely brutal with the random wood traps.

I was hoping it would be one I already completed

Crash 2's levels are easier to complete in one life than Crash 1's, but I got way more platinum relics in 1.

Those controls had me in awe.

Does left and right momentum reverse when changing between forward and backward? Because I swear that happened

I dunno that just seems really shitty. They should just patch those levels into the game as a thank you to all the fans who actually made this thing a success.

In a world where Nintendo charges full price for a 3 year old port, £50 for Splatoon 2 and £20 for an abysmal season pass? Nah, I don't think so.

I mean it would be nice but let's not get ahead of ourselves. They have every right to charge for an expansion, if they ever so wish too.

Oh wow. You're an idiot.
Oooo name calling! Real quality post right here, bravo.

Now is there any more thought you have to offer toward an actual discussion, or are you simply projecting? (I'll help you out here, it's the latter isn't it?)

Don't tangle your fingers too quickly trying to conjure up another insult now.

Sullichin

Omg I finally finally got the High Road time trial (gold). Pretty close to plat but I just cannot finish that level that fast very consistently. It's by far the hardest one for me.

Just have Sunset Vista left! Kind of saving it as it's my favorite level. The time trial is pretty hard, i tried it a few times earlier, but I'm confident it won't take me nearly as long as High Road.

Omg I finally finally got the High Road time trial (gold) Pretty close to plat but I just cannot finish that level that fast very consistently. It's by far the hardest one for me.

Just have Sunset Vista left! Kind of saving it as it's my favorite level. The time trial is pretty hard, i tried it a few times earlier, but I'm confident it won't take me nearly as long as High Road.

Well done - that time trial was a real pain.

HardRojo

Fuck Hangin' Out. I hate cycle based levels, you miss a cycle and end up wasting several seconds, and I don't know how people can consistently jump over or between those two spike balls that go up and down, I try to do it and I get clipped 90% of the time, waiting for them to go down so that I can jump above them wastes way too much time.
Edit: Finally got the Gold relic, not coming back to this one ever again.

Quick update crash-GAF.

After a quick break, just finished Crash 2 100%. Tomorrow I start the time trials. Hey, if I can do Crash 1's...

Also, wanted to toss a DLC out there - see if anyone else would like, considering activision is king of DLC.

What says you if like for a dollar, we can buy a skin where we can play as 32-bit polygon Crash from the intro?

Sullichin

Well done - that time trial was a real pain.

Yeah I died so many times. The route that I settled on involved two quick rope jumps, the second of which killed me a lot. it was still easier than doing a long turtle jump though. The end of the level isn't so bad, it's more the frustration of stupid deaths along the way, making me often choke when I did get close enough to the end.

I just got the platinum trophy with the sloppiest gold on Sunset Vista. Messed up the last set of rotating platforms really bad. I can definitely get the platinum relic for that one. I tried too hard to do the first section with the bats without stopping at all, can pull it off sometimes, but it killed me a lot and it barely saves any time. Can definitely get the platinum relic without it.

Really glad to have the plat trophy for Crash 1! I almost never care about platinum trophies. When I first started going for the last trophy, 0.7% people had the plat and now it's 1%. I'm curious to see where that's at a couple months from now. It's at a higher percentage than Crash 2 and 3 platinums, which kind of surprises me but I guess people want to go in order (I guess I do too)

Hardest time trials for me:
High Road
The Lab
Generator Room
Fumbling In The Dark

Sullichin

Fuck Hangin' Out. I hate cycle based levels, you miss a cycle and end up wasting several seconds, and I don't know how people can consistently jump over or between those two spike balls that go up and down, I try to do it and I get clipped 90% of the time, waiting for them to go down so that I can jump above them wastes way too much time.
Edit: Finally got the Gold relic, not coming back to this one ever again.

I hated these sections then and I hate them now. It's so hard to jump over these enemies consistently. I fuck it up going through the level let alone the time trial.

Edit: whoops doublepost

Catman

Banned
I had been doing the time trials on all the levels for Crash 2 so far, and I was feeling so proud of myself having been able to get under the target times in each level up to where I'm at so far. Then I realized that there's 3 levels of relics, and all of mine are just sapphire :( Sure took the wind out of my sails

Sullichin

Went back and got that Sunset Vista platinum, feels good. 3:27:52. Didn't even run the first half of the level as well as I had been. I know I'm going to want to get all of the platinum relics now..guhhhhhhhh. Why is the turtle woods platinum so hard? lol

Is anyone else unable to connect to the server to see time trial leaderboards?

Theyre just gonna ignore stuff like the inferior vehicle controls and collision??

The fuck am i reading.

Activision gonna Activision.
This is the most disappointing things to read about this game. I've given up, due to the quirks in Crash 1. I've not been so frustrated with a game in a long time and I really don't want to subject myself to the stress. I hope it gets corrected in a patch, but until then, I'm out. Sorry, you crazy marsupial!

Liamc723

Oooo name calling! Real quality post right here, bravo.

Now is there any more thought you have to offer toward an actual discussion, or are you simply projecting? (I'll help you out here, it's the latter isn't it?)

Don't tangle your fingers too quickly trying to conjure up another insult now.

The idea that we should be thanking a business who have already made a ton of money of this product is absolutely embarrassing.

The DLC should be free. So come on, let's have another shitty sassy response.

What a damn shame, these collision issues are obvious and need looking into.

Sounds like they think their vision is perfect and we are wrong about everything.

Roufianos

Was going to pick this up soon so I figured I'd hop in and see what the current buzz is... Does this suck now or something?

Same here.

I played Wrath of Cortex and Crash Bash so I have no nostalgia for these three. I really like the look of them though, wondering if they hold up.

Top Bottom