• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

I know you've posted your line up a few times but you got Seager right? I love me some Seager, he is better for me than Correa

I wonder if I can get away with playing this AS card at first...

My lineup is alway changing. I like what I'm doing right now I've the last 3 games.

Dawson
Beltran (Team MVP)
Votto (Highest average on team from both R and L)
CAP (Beast cleanup)
Harper
Miggy
Ramirez (POTM)
Seager (8 hole bomber .365 vs RHP .170 vs LHP)
Pitcher

I already had a No Sell Correa that has Platooned with Seager and got some clutch hits for me. Werth comes in for Harper va LHP and then Bellinger comes in for Werth if they bring in a RHP. Cody has been clutch off the bench.

I decided to try and finish the Cubs collection, not because I really want Fergie, but because I really don't want that "Hey there's a nice 99 pitcher you can get!" hanging over my head anymore. lol. I hate the completionist whore that resides within me.

Miggy's value bumped up again pretty nicely.

Back to back games last night my team committed 7 errors total. All of it was that bull shit errors.
Wow who was committing them?

Not that it's their fault. This game is baffling all the time.

LS Scherzer has an insane price now and Harper is approaching Trout territory. God damn are the Nationals expensive to finish.

Wow who was committing them?

Not that it's their fault. This game is baffling all the time.

LS Scherzer has an insane price now and Harper is approaching Trout territory. God damn are the Nationals expensive to finish.

Harper x 2, Jose, Seager, Dawson x 2, Beltran.

I'm 2-5 in new season. Lol. 2 of those losses were 2-1 and two of those losses were just BS.

LS Scherzer is everyday rotation worthy after his upgrade to velocity and his per 9's. He is why is made it easy to sell Sale.

Harper x 2, Jose, Seager, Dawson x 2, Beltran.

I'm 2-5 in new season. Lol. 2 of those losses were 2-1 and two of those losses were just BS.

LS Scherzer is everyday rotation worthy after his upgrade to velocity and his per 9's. He is why is made it easy to sell Sale.

They said there would never be LS players in ticket counter right? If so I may sell Sale so I can finish Nats. Like him a lot but I got Kershaw, Vida, Feller, Fergie, and Felix. Haven't really used Feller/Fergie/Felix online so I might wait a little.

Price of 99 Yadi is steadily dropping, while the price of LS Scherzer steadily rises. Ugh.
To finish the Nats would cost about 385k for me. lol.....

you got to love when you're 7-0 in BR and then you lose a game where your team commits 2 errors on the most routine plays possible

Played 3 games today using the PCI in the middle meathod after watching the Astros game last night and the broadcast talking about Carlos Correas swing being more compact and having less moving parts compared to last years.

Went 2-1 and definitely did better than I have in quite some time. There was times where I felt weird but I fought through it and improved. My biggest problem before was swinging under everything because when my PCI was high and in, I had to jam my stick down sometimes to get down there. In the middle, you just have to determine where the ball is going in relation to the middle.

Anyone here used the 2016 AS Andrew Miller card? The control is a bit worse than the LS card, but everything else looks pretty close and it's like 100,000 stubs cheaper than the LS card.

Anyone here used the 2016 AS Andrew Miller card? The control is a bit worse than the LS card, but everything else looks pretty close and it's like 100,000 stubs cheaper than the LS card.
I have and it's ok, but doesn't have a change up. I'd recommend Felipe Rivero or the IV Wagner/AS Doolittle in the ticket store before spending on that card.

I think I may begin my ranked seasons trek again tonight since I got nothing else to do. Hopefully I don't run into too many CS folk...

So I blew 60k stubs on packs yesterday, oops

Today I finished the event and then pulled 98 Gaylord Perry from a pack :D

Too bad he isn't worth a ton

The executive decision has been made

Chris sale and nolan arenado are gone

dawson2_494063a.jpg

That great smile is joining the squad soon

Better than Reggie's? I can't wait.

Yeah...I sat around thinking what I wanted to do with my boatload of stubs. I'd always wanted Trout-Griffey-Dawson as my end game outfield. I finally have it. Sucks to have gotten rid of Sale (Don't care for Arenado) but he would have been a 4th/5th/6th kind of starter for me anyways, and I couldn't pass up on selling him at 128k. I'm pretty much set everywhere now, and there are really no more collections that I have hanging over my head. That 99 David Wright would be cool just to have another 99 player but he'd never play for me (Fuck the Mets!)

Rotation:
Kershaw
Blue
Fergie
Feller
Felix

Lineup:
RF Dawson
C CAP
LF Trout
1B Cabrera
CF Griffey
SS Ripken
3B Seager
2B Sandberg

All I care left to do is maybe get a better 4th/5th starter, and Schmidt when that eventually arrives. And Molina so I can be a greedy slut and have 99 everywhere :D

Man, I should have bought Scherzer when he was in the low 30s. Damn. I was able to snag all others but haven't gotten him so far. People keep topping my bid by 1, and just now when I tried to re-do my bid, the person right in front of me got it sold before I could hit enter. Fuck

Thinking of changing things up again. I'm only down to 165,000 stubs that I can play with tied to 3 players. Beltran, Miggy and Seager. Beltran has been awesome but I think I can be equally as awesome with Cody in LF. I can move Jose from second back to third and put Zobrist back in and I can put Correa at SS. I have always wanted to try out Kershaw, he worth it?

Thinking of changing things up again. I'm only down to 165,000 stubs that I can play with tied to 3 players. Beltran, Miggy and Seager. Beltran has been awesome but I think I can be equally as awesome with Cody in LF. I can move Jose from second back to third and put Zobrist back in and I can put Correa at SS. I have always wanted to try out Kershaw, he worth it?

I personally love that card. Many don't because doesn't throw a heater, but he has amazing control and the movement on his pitches is exactly what you'd imagine.

I've had some bad games with him but I get got with everybody, none of them really felt like it was a Kershaw issue.

Overpaid for Scherzer but I didn't feel like sitting around waiting over a few thousand stubs. Just 5 Jayson Werth homers away from the dream outfield

....getting these homers is the worst. Only need two more but I've hit the fence twice now. Where and against who is my best chance?

I personally love that card. Many don't because doesn't throw a heater, but he has amazing control and the movement on his pitches is exactly what you'd imagine.

I've had some bad games with him but I get got with everybody, none of them really felt like it was a Kershaw issue.

Overpaid for Scherzer but I didn't feel like sitting around waiting over a few thousand stubs. Just 5 Jayson Werth homers away from the dream outfield

....getting these homers is the worst. Only need two more but I've hit the fence twice now. Where and against who is my best chance?

I did it against the Reds easy.

I got Kershaw!!

I did it against the Reds easy.

I got Kershaw!!

Nice!! You will enjoy him. That curveball is the filthiest in the game.

Also, since I'm just about done grinding for shit with offline stuff, I'd be down to play a game against one of us around here sometime. Maybe a stream session or something might be fun. Powerhouse vs. Powerhouse!

I know I said I don't care for anymore LS players....but it would sure be nice to have an Altuve.

Nice!! You will enjoy him. That curveball is the filthiest in the game.

Also, since I'm just about done grinding for shit with offline stuff, I'd be down to play a game against one of us around here sometime. Maybe a stream session or something might be fun. Powerhouse vs. Powerhouse!

I know I said I don't care for anymore LS players....but it would sure be nice to have an Altuve.

Yeah, I'm excited to use him. I got him for the Sell price also of 159,000 so I could turn a profit if I want.

I would play on stream against you. I think we would be evenly matched. All in good fun.

Be nice having every card.

98 Felx, 99 Ripken get!

Cal is great. You'll see a lot of people complain online about him...he isn't the massive power hitter that his attributes might suggest, but he is super solid and his defense is superb.

Still no idea about Felix though....today's the day I begin ranked.

I'm looking forward to many "Friendly quit" requests at the beginning. I'm pretty sure it's because they see my team lineup and are scared away, and I don't really blame them. But at the same time, if you choose to enter a game, stay there. I usually accept them because I don't want to put up with a rage-filled moron who will try to make getting my win as unpleasant as possible, but last season I was getting these more and more and I had a game or two where my opposition decided to be a dick and prolong it.

Who is better - Ripken or Seager?

Ripken is better on defense. But Seager plays 3 positions (2B-3B-SS in order of how well) and if you took away the rating on their card, I would say that Seager is a more productive hitter for me. I think having quirks might help him out more.

Good thing I use them both!

In the ticket store for 700 tickets. Getting rave reviews in the community. Weird delivery, decent per 9s and great control and lots of movement.

DE_wsapXoAE1mtr

Would it be a terrible idea to spend 7800 tickets on Kris Medlen so all could be quicksold for 20k and a 20 pack? Asking for a friend.

In the ticket store for 700 tickets. Getting rave reviews in the community. Weird delivery, decent per 9s and great control and lots of movement.

DE_wsapXoAE1mtr

I went against this card (I think it was this one and not some other Chris Young card) and at first he seemed unhittable because of the weird delivery, but after and inning or two I got used to it and put up like 8 runs. I remember there being a lot of movement to his pitches, but nothing that is all that high velo so you dont have to worry about that.

I went against this card (I think it was this one and not some other Chris Young card) and at first he seemed unhittable because of the weird delivery, but after and inning or two I got used to it and put up like 8 runs. I remember there being a lot of movement to his pitches, but nothing that is all that high velo so you dont have to worry about that.

I'm at work and bought him before the ticket store changed so I havnt used him but I'm going by this thread.

https://twitter.com/joeyfairplayer/status/887192304439742466

I'm at work and bought him before the ticket store changed so I havnt used him but I'm going by this thread.

https://twitter.com/joeyfairplayer/status/887192304439742466

Lol I've run into JoeyFairPlayer. Reminds me of two years ago when WE randomly got matched together (When you were rocking the sick batman logo)

I'm still so disappointed they didn't let us carry logos over. Spent so much time making a Miami Heat logo and it went to waste...

Checked out more of his Twitter. Yep this is what I referred to earlier!

KjRtr2c_d.jpg

Sandberg and Feller get :)

Why did people complain about the rookie sandberg mission so much? Didn't take too long to get it done, same with the Cubs mission

So my lineup right now is....

Feller, Blue, King Felix, 94 Ryan, 91 Zimmerman or I could use Oswalt, Drabek, Sabathia, Darvish, Degrom, Lincecum, Rookie Hersheiser, Degrom.....

Devinski, Strickland, Nate Jones, Rivero, 88 Wagner, 94 Nathan, Osuna (Also have 89 Axford, AS Grilli, Clippard, Soria, Papelbon)

92 Lucroy
94 Cepeda or 92 Gonzalez, 91 Davis or LS Rizzo
96 Cano or 99 Sandberg, 97 Kinsler (Or Corey Seager)
93 Buddy Bell or IV Hanley or Seager at 3rd....?
99 Ripken or Seager or Hanley
Lots of outfield choices.......Lou Brock, 96 Ellsbury, 95 Cutch, 92 Griffey, Reggie......Granderson and Holliday for the bench maybe?

MIght sell Ellsbury and Cano even though they are so damn good

I'd sell Cano for sure. Platoon guys aren't as valuable in this game.

Ellsbury is nice, only thing is his shitty arm strength but you can just plant him in left field or something.

And yeah that rookie Sandberg mission sucked. 3 hits and one gotta be a double and you need a walk? It sucked

The walk was for the Cubs players mission

Sandberg was just 3 hits, 1 double, 1 run, 1 rbi.........just kept restarting until I got a lead off double

I'm gonna see if I can get any of the ranked all-star missions done before I sell Cano or Ellsbury

Who got kicked out?

Holy shit Kershaw's value has shot up

POTM Chase Anderson for now. He was doing good for me but so was everybody else so I picked the guys I liked pitching with the best.

Yeah, I saw that about Clayton. He had a successful debut also for me but not Perfect game material.

So, SDS announced we'll have new players in the ticket store.

I wonder how soon we'll get the elite of the elite, and what kinds of players will be in there. Last year near the end (Basically when I didn't care anymore) they started having those 12-0/20-0 Battle Royale rewards in the store. As of right now I highly doubt they'd release any premium end-game players in the store so I wonder what sorts of "legends" are released.

Probably Jeff Bagwell...lol

Starting my ranked seasons run today. I'm going to load my lineup with AS players only until I get to CS. Then I come out full force...

Gwynn
Dawson
Cano
Cabrera
Jackie
Holliday
Ozzie
Lucroy

LMAO made the first guy quit after going up 4-0 in the top of the first. dude never even bothered to go bat. WE BAAAAAAACK!!!!

felix's first start: 6 IP, 1 ER, 1 SO, 4 hits allowed. he was pretty good

jansen on the other hand? fuck you. come in and give up 2 homers in the bottom of the 9th SMFH

Starting my ranked seasons run today. I'm going to load my lineup with AS players only until I get to CS. Then I come out full force...

Gwynn
Dawson
Cano
Cabrera
Jackie
Holliday
Ozzie
Lucroy

LMAO made the first guy quit after going up 4-0 in the top of the first. dude never even bothered to go bat. WE BAAAAAAACK!!!!

felix's first start: 6 IP, 1 ER, 1 SO, 4 hits allowed. he was pretty good

jansen on the other hand? fuck you. come in and give up 2 homers in the bottom of the 9th SMFH

Not knocking your skills but I think I need to wait like you until I start ranked. Rocking an 8-11 record right now. Playing professionals starting out.

Top Bottom