• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
mfw i have Splatoon 2, and the two inkling amiibo ready for me at BB tomorrow
but that feel when i can't pick it up til saturday because i have other things to do

Splat them for me SplatGAF

MouldyK

Recommend we use Pro Controller?

Psh, Split-Cons is the only way I play...

...without the strap as I love to live dangerously.

OCD Guy

I'm in UK anyone know if it goes live for download at midnight ? I'm not sure.

Have you considered the South African store?

Will be live at 11pm UK time, and also works out at 38 quid. It's also EU region so no different to the UK version.

Other advantage is all you need to do is go to mynintendo.com change your region and you can use your uk debit/credit card, make your purchase and then change your region back to UK. No messing about with creating additional accounts and having all your purchases spread across different accounts.

I've bought all my games this way. It's actually cheaper than buying physical.

It's showing as 669 Rand, and 3.3Gb on the South African eShop.

Thinking I'm going to go digital.

Also, I've been reading about the Switch app from various articles who've tried it and man, it sounds really bad. I'm not an online player and don't care for voice chat, but sucks for those that do.

ChrisD

League Battle should fix this too though. This is because instead of using your ranks to determine who you face off against, you do 7 placement matches each rotation to get a rating for your teamy.

Going by the fest this works way better than anything they tried in 1.

Whaaaaaaaat
That's what League Battle does? I thought it was just a mini-ranking system within the ranking system. For people who wanted a Leaderboard to compete on or whatever. This is huge for us.

I can not wait for tomorrow. Everything is sounding cooler by the minute... By the slow minutes.

Recommend we use Pro Controller?

Psh, Split-Cons is the only way I play...

...without the strap as I love to live dangerously.

Real talk, split joy-cons aren't even worth using with the strap on. Makes 'em too bulky. They're the perfect size without anything extra*.

*those comfort grips not included in this statement

Also, I've been reading about the Switch app from various articles who've tried it and man, it sounds really bad. I'm not an online player and don't care for voice chat, but sucks for those that do.

Everyone is blowing it out of proportion. its probably the best voice chat implementation out there including PC.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Waited too long on Callie & Marie and the price even for the import listing on Amazon US went from $25 to $30 over the past few days, gah!

That's what I get for sitting on my hands I guess.
There was an entire rack of them on clearance at my Target this last fall. I got a couple for friends. I was surprised to see them jump in price.

Have you considered the South African store?

Will be live at 11pm UK time, and also works out at 38 quid. It's also EU region so no different to the UK version.

Other advantage is all you need to do is go to mynintendo.com change your region and you can use your uk debit/credit card, make your purchase and then change your region back to UK. No messing about with creating additional accounts and having all your purchases spread across different accounts.

I've bought all my games this way. It's actually cheaper than buying physical.

It's showing as 669 Rand, and 3.3Gb on the South African eShop.

Huh. I might be going the digital route more often then.

maouvin

Beautiful OP :)

I miss pre-loading :< At least it'll have my whole work day to download then.

And we're having Salmon Run for the whole weekend, right?

Yeah... I like to play online but I generally do so without voice chat. I kind of want to try out the app just to see what it's like but based on impressions I'm glad I don't feel like I "need" it. Hoping they get it fixed and have online sorted out in general. Seems like a bummer that we don't have the option to just plug headphones into the Switch directly.

Aleh

What a cool OP. Makes me even more envious of people who have a Switch, I can't wait to play this game!

Hey all, quote this post for the Friend Code list. I think Daboss will add it to the OP later.

Please don't share the link with anyone outside of GAF or we'll have to make it private

Thanks for the resource. I'm not putting myself on the list just yet (keeping my friends list under control for now so I can keep track of who everybody is) but as with Arms, I will PM people individually as I add them.

I don't intend to use the voice chat (don't like fussing with a headset), but for party lobbies I might put my device on speaker with the microphone muted, just to listen in. That's assuming the voice chat is widely adopted and used, and I doubt it will be.

Protome

OP is fantastic but also doesn't have the best cases in it (because Hori made them.)

Code:
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81G6q28b95L._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG][URL="https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splat-Pack-Splatoon-Essential-Accessories/dp/B01A0QEWR0"]
Splat Pack Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch Essential Accessories Pack[/URL]

Code:
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CQ-cZ4I9L._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]

Deluxe Splat Pack Splatoon 2 - Nintendo Switch Essential Accessories Pack Deluxe Version

Code:
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81nh50Lpw9L._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81KBIOnXBsL._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]
Splatoon 2 Nintendo Switch Tough Pouch
giphy.gif
\o/

Lucifon

Loving the online already. Hope they add more shops and elements over time as the hub world certainly has spaces which seem ready for things to pop up.

Shame you can't play salmon run at launch outside of private matches... Why is that a thing.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
There was an entire rack of them on clearance at my Target this last fall. I got a couple for friends. I was surprised to see them jump in price.

Around these parts I only ever saw them at Gamestop. Never at Best Buy, Walmart, or Target.

Since I don't particularly frequent Gamestop, they disappeared before I knew it.

I generally don't like to pay MSRP for anything, so I waited it out.

I waited a bit too long I guess. Oh well.

oti

Banned
Also, check out the shop in the App. Cool 3 Star stuff. Earlier today there was a Space Invader Cap. You can order one item on your phone and pick it up (after paying for it) in game.

B00TE

Added myself to the spreadsheet. I played a lot of Splatoon 1's turf war, and so I'll be spending a majority of my time there again. Salmon Run and League battles I'd be down for, really can't wait to try those out.

oti

Banned
How is this supposed to work? I get "Unable to find the room". Maybe because I don't have Splatoon yet on my account.

That's because I closed it before you followed the link. If you have the App installed it should launch the App most likely. Don't know what it does on a PC though. I guess nothing.

So whats with Salmon Run online... its limited to specific times? If so when is it available? I don't get the game till tomorrow but just read that it was time limited and am confused.

Milennia

So whats with Salmon Run online... its limited to specific times? If so when is it available? I don't get the game till tomorrow but just read that it was time limited and am confused.

For the first 3 days it's available at all times, after that the times will vary such as every other day or so starting at 5pm

forrest

formerly nacire
Added everyone from the friends list that is there for now. So please accept any requests from Forrest. :D

Also joined the Discord server.

Looking forward to playing with everyone!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's because I closed it before you followed the link. If you have the App installed it should launch the App most likely. Don't know what it does on a PC though. I guess nothing.

I clicked the linked from the phone where I have the app. And I got the message still in the browser. Maybe because you just closed it.

13ruce

Banned
Hey all, quote this post for the Friend Code list. I think Daboss will add it to the OP later.

Please don't share the link with anyone outside of GAF or we'll have to make it private

Added myself too although i am from EU i play on alot of different timesframes so i added that it can vary/change from time to time. So i don't mind US or Asian regions etc adding me.

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay so all of you new people on my friends list that are already playing Splatoon 2, what gives?

Did you all manage to get retail copies early or what?

Still waiting on this Amazon Japan seller to ship my Splat 2 joy-con set. They charged me, now just waiting on for it to ship.

I even order the Splat 2 pro controller from Walmart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom