• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Silver Case |OT| Kill The Past

cj_iwakura

I find it really, really disappointing that the PS4 version suffers from slow down, when fast forwarding the text crawl for example. There really is absolutely no excuse for that in a game like this.

I really wish they port this game to Tablets or the Switch, because playing VNs on a TV or on my desk just feels "wrong". I loved 999 or VLR on 3DS and VITA and would love to get into The Sivler Case to. But I just kinda lost interest on the PC version because I can't play this one as often as I could on a Tablet on the go and after a few days I can't really remember anything from the batshit insane story.
It's a good idea to play a chapter in one sitting, that might help.

Tizoc

Playing through the first epilogue and I am more confused than ever.
I'd watch the remaining Placebo chapters but this game's slowness has taken its toll over me @_@

EDIT: That last line...
is Suda51 fuckin' with me or something?

edit2: What's the best ver. of Flower, Sun, Rain?

cj_iwakura

Playing through the first epilogue and I am more confused than ever.
I'd watch the remaining Placebo chapters but this game's slowness has taken its toll over me @_@

EDIT: That last line...
is Suda51 fuckin' with me or something?

edit2: What's the best ver. of Flower, Sun, Rain?
You should play Placebo after each chapter.

Yeah I know I should, as they give further insight on the events, but navigation through this game is so sloooooooooooooooooooooow!

Some of them are actually better than the main game, honestly, they have a lot of character and good humour in them. Really reminded me of Flower, Sun & Rain with its humour. Seriously though those chapters answers some of the questions you might have, for the rest, there's always the upcoming Ward 25 (sequel) and some stuff just...won't be.

Also, did you unlock the additional chapters in the PS4 version? I'm doing my second playthrough now and wondering if I will unlock them or not...

cj_iwakura

I'm watching Twin Peaks now and I have to say the influence on the Kill The Past series, especially TSC, is clear as day. Moons everywhere.

So I’m considering picking this up since it’s on sale in the NA PSN, but so far the only visual novel type games I’ve enjoyed has been Ace Attorney. Is this anything like that (e.g. humourous, likeable zany characters, intriguing plot)?

Edit: Nevermind I purchased it anyway. Let’s see how it is.

Zekes!

Just finished the prologue...how glad I am to be playing an old Suda game. It's making me reminisce hard about FSR and Killer7.

cj_iwakura

So I’m considering picking this up since it’s on sale in the NA PSN, but so far the only visual novel type games I’ve enjoyed has been Ace Attorney. Is this anything like that (e.g. humourous, likeable zany characters, intriguing plot)?

Edit: Nevermind I purchased it anyway. Let’s see how it is.
Humorous no, the rest, yes.

Top Bottom