• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

header.jpg

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is the game of August, for me. I am greatly anticipating it.

WotC is adding a couple big new features, like the titular Chosen, new enemy units, and new classes, plus a ton of new mechanics, but is also bringing a bevy of smaller changes. It rebalances the game a bit and makes the base game longer. The expansion, with a few of the comissioned Pavonis mods, will turn XCOM 2 into a legit Long War 0.5, which is exactly what I've wanted from it.

This video featuring lead designer Jake Solomon (80 minutes long!) gives a new introduction to all the new stuff. It all sounds so good, like a dream come true..
it would play nice with the proper Long War mod right? not just the mini versions?

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen is the game of August, for me. I am greatly anticipating it.

WotC is adding a couple big new features, like the titular Chosen, new enemy units, and new classes, plus a ton of new mechanics, but is also bringing a bevy of smaller changes. It rebalances the game a bit and makes the base game longer. The expansion, with a few of the comissioned Pavonis mods, will turn XCOM 2 into a legit Long War 0.5, which is exactly what I've wanted from it.

This video featuring lead designer Jake Solomon (80 minutes long!) gives a new introduction to all the new stuff. It all sounds so good, like a dream come true.

header.jpg

Life is Strange: Before the Storm is also interesting, but I'm kinda torn on it for a few reasons. The lack of Chloe's original VO kneecaps a lot of interest, even if she is directing the replacement; It's 3 eps, so unless they're really meaty it'll feel brief and unsatisfying IMO; the "deluxe" has an extra chapter featuring Max, which is a ridiculous thing to hold back; and, lastly, it just feels kinda unnecessary, as much as I'd love to see more of LiS1's characters and world.

header.jpg

The final game of August: Total Warhammer's Norsca DLC, free if you preorder Total Warhammer 2. It has trolls and vikings so it's a pretty easy win.

Like, tell me this isn't everything you've ever wanted from a game:

A troll! With a cape! Wowser.

It doesn't show up in search.

RIP Dino Crisis.

I'll just keep adding reviews until it does

it would play nice with the proper Long War mod right? not just the mini versions?

Right away? Probably not. There's an accompanying patch IIRC, and the expansion's changes are significant, so all mods will likely need to get patched for comaptibility before they work again.

And for Long War specifically, unless they've been working with Firaxis, I doubt that they'd be able to do much with the expansion's new features until it releases and they get their hands on it. Though I don't remember how LW handled Enemy Within. (Also, I've never actually played LW!)
I'll just keep adding reviews until it does

It seems like a follower cutoff more than a review one. The smallest curators have about ~2300 followers.

dex3108

Well it looks like that AMD disappointed again. It looks like that only their RX Vega with liquid cooling reaches 1080 performance for a small price of 700$.

iosefe

Right away? Probably not. There's an accompanying patch IIRC, and the expansion's changes are significant, so all mods will likely need to get patched for comaptibility before they work again.

And for Long War specifically, unless they've been working with Firaxis, I doubt that they'd be able to do much with the expansion's new features until it releases and they get their hands on it. Though I don't remember how LW handled Enemy Within. (Also, I've never actually played LW!)

It seems like a follower cutoff more than a review one. The smallest curators have about ~2300 followers.
I would imagine Firaxis and Pavonis are still close, so hopefully we get updates sooner

I'm about ready to remove LW2 though. Too hard, 2 failed runs so far

AHA-Lambda

Umm, it's not August yet? :/

Anyway, cross post from other thread then

Anyone selling Tacoma for cheaper than Steam's price?

Still a bit high for me considering if it's like Gone Hone it'll be really short :/

kurahador

I want to jump into this Humble Monthly thing, but for some reason it doesn't accept amazon payment? Disappointing because this means if there's a region locked game, I won't be able to get it.

Erekiddo

Threw a 8TB drive into my main PC. Been installing pretty much everything I have a remote interest in playing.

Come at me, August.

Deques

Posted in the last thread but not sure if anyone will see it...

KARAKARA got cards implemented last month but seems like you cant get anything past the 1st card o_O?

Known glitch or what?

I started to play it and already finished within an hour, only got one card

Tizoc

If only we had dates for Ys VII and Zwei. The thread then could of been called "There Ys no Zwei the heat will melt the Cold Steel this time"

Watch as they get announced for end of August XP
But that's a neat thread title.

Oh and expect a giveaway around halfway through August lads~

It'll be August in Aussie land so it all fits.

Tizoc

Interestingly enough, it's speculated that around half the stages in Sonic Mania have footage going around on Youtube, same goes for music (there isn't a proper clean rip of Mania's Flying Battery remix IIRC).
There is however another theme put up that is for boss battles apparently, if anyone is interested in giving it a listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW6TtXKVLYg

Also Rockman 8 stage select theme is prob. my fav. in the original series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up0fk2bKIZU

dex3108

I have 120GB SSD for OS and software I use for work, 500GB WD Blue or Green and 250GB WD Black for storage and I have old 250GB Samsung SSD that I got for like 20$ and it was at 85% of health (it is still at that percentage) for games. And I still have like 200GB of free space in total if not more XD

But again as soon as I am done with game I delete it.

It really stinks having limited amounts of data through Cox. Or else I'd be downloading some more games in my library. Today I'm definitely going to start Homefront. Has anyone played the first one? Is it worth playing?

kagamin

Just picked up the new Layton game, can't wait to play through it tomorrow since I have the day off, technically today but I have to sleep.

def sim

I bought a second 1TB SSD specifically for games last year and I've yet to put anything in it. Whoops.

I've used about 700GB for ~15 games and that's all I seem to need at the moment.

Echoplx

Are they going to tone back the survival elements in The Long Dark for the story mode? Or is it completely different from the sandbox mode? Shit is brutal I don't think I could survive long enough to finish the story.

The OT is a lie! It's still July for me :p

So this month is the fake life is strange release, although I liked the first one enough to want to get the second, I'm definitely cautious about this outsourced one and will wait for the reviews.

Tizoc

The OT is a lie! It's still July for me :p

So this month is the fake life is strange release, although I liked the first one enough to want to get the second, I'm definitely cautious about this outsourced one and will wait for the reviews.

I blindly dived in and bought it, just as jshackles did ;)

It really stinks having limited amounts of data through Cox. Or else I'd be downloading some more games in my library. Today I'm definitely going to start Homefront. Has anyone played the first one? Is it worth playing?

Played it just this weekend. Really wasn't a fan. Gunplay felt rubbish and I hated that the ADS was a toggle (presumably you can change that but I couldn't find it in the mass of options). Thankfully it was very short.

MadGear

Well it looks like that AMD disappointed again. It looks like that only their RX Vega with liquid cooling reaches 1080 performance for a small price of 700$.

Considering Vega was delayed over and over again (at least it was always rumored to be) I didn't expect much more performance than with the Nvidia counterparts but I was sure Vega would be priced much more competitively than that ... .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom