• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Most of the vote movement at EOD came from people confused about the vote count and just trying to make sure it wasn't a tie. I don't find this particularly indicative of alignment, in fact to take it a step further I got the impression that scum wasn't at risk - just look at all the people with no active votes. Makes me inclined to look elsewhere.

VOTE: CrimsonFist

All that talk day one and yet you two evaporated. What happened?

Ty4on also with a bad look coming out of day one. You sure did make a point to talk down on the different lynch candidates all while parking your vote elsewhere. It's almost like you knew what the results would be, hmm..

Sophia said ahead of time she wouldn't be around at the end of day, I was around, so not sure how I evaporated.

Ty4on

I haven't liked their argument at all and I don't really feel like Darryl's given much aside from it. My read on Darryl hasn't been particularly towny anyway, but that stuff during late day didn't help. Plus the whole telling Nin not contribute.

I've also been looking at the people who were around at the end of day but not on the major trains, scum often likes to stay off the main lynches, and his end of day voting lines up with that.

Knowing Sorian's track record of going hard on team mates I'm almost tempted to consider w/w, although that's probably a bit far-fetched a theory.
Sorian doesn't unnecessarily bus teammates and it was started by Fat.

Elaborate a bit more. I don't know *why* you don't like Darryl's arguments.

Do you think it's town or neutral then?

To be a bit meta, do you think Burb just reused the same neutral as love boat 1 then?

Silencing shot was also a role in Love Boat 1? I was considering if Kark and Xbro were inventing this just now, as Kark is known for his gambits.

Natiko

Banned
I wasn't here for the final day:

If you must know, I was busy carrying a bunch of junk in the rain while a bunch of police officers watched on as an angry man screamed at them. I barely had time to look at the thread or lovers chat.
Yet you never did place a vote. It's not as if there's some rule that states your vote must occur right near day end.

Most of the vote movement at EOD came from people confused about the vote count and just trying to make sure it wasn't a tie. I don't find this particularly indicative of alignment, in fact to take it a step further I got the impression that scum wasn't at risk - just look at all the people with no active votes. Makes me inclined to look elsewhere.

Ty4on also with a bad look coming out of day one. You sure did make a point to talk down on the different lynch candidates all while parking your vote elsewhere. It's almost like you knew what the results would be, hmm..[/QUOTE]

Vote: Ty40n

for now....

Sophia said ahead of time she wouldn't be around at the end of day, I was around, so not sure how I evaporated.

You DID jump on the OrbEdge train, after voting kitsune. Why? The two pairs in the running seemed both like equally low-profile to me, while the Kark pair had their shitty gambit to boot.

You DID jump on the OrbEdge train, after voting kitsune. Why? The two pairs in the running seemed both like equally low-profile to me, while the Kark pair had their shitty gambit to boot.

I did say that I thought it was a tie, at that point Kitsune wasn't in the running any more. And I wasn't convinced that Kark was scum, he always gambits like that.

Natiko

Banned
Heads up: I'm having some family drama tomorrow, and I'll be out come time of day's end. I'll put my vote up with my partner's before that, but unfortunately I won't be able to give the game any real time of day in the last two or three hours. Not my choice, unfortunately.

???

And as to you, would you say you were an active participant in discussions as the day concluded? Would you say that you demonstrated any real interest in what the day end result would be?

I did say that I thought it was a tie, at that point Kitsune wasn't in the running any more. And I wasn't convinced that Kark was scum, he always gambits like that.

But what is worth more, a coasting pair or a coasting pair who admits to coasting intentionally, which is pretty anti-town in the end? I don't see how Orb and Edge are the better choice, they made a few posts here and there at least which didn't involve a gambit that didn't deserve to be called one.

Sophia

Ty4on also with a bad look coming out of day one. You sure did make a point to talk down on the different lynch candidates all while parking your vote elsewhere. It's almost like you knew what the results would be, hmm..

I'm just going to put this as nicely as I can, because I'm holding back a bit of anger after what happened that day.

Screw off, Natiko.

I had enough shit to deal with due to my uncle basically screaming and harassing everyone while carrying a bunch of literal junk in the rain as police officers watched on. It wasn't fun, and I would have much rather been here for day's end. The last thing I want to see is you come back and having zero fucking reading comprehension. I told everyone I would be out. Nevermind the fact that I just had a police officer show up to my door this morning accusing us of stealing stuff that we had receipts for.

Besides, Crimson was here, as reading the final page of the thread for that day shows.

Sorry I couldn't fucking vote like I intended to. Real life got in the way.

Ty4on

I had town read them much earlier and said beforehand I wasn't able to be as active as usual. I had to sneak out with my phone. I wanted to push kitsune, but nobody really bit it apart from Crimson.

Not knowing the votes also didn't help. I was surprised to see Worthy that far in the lead.

Sorian doesn't unnecessarily bus teammates and it was started by Fat.

Elaborate a bit more. I don't know *why* you don't like Darryl's arguments.

A lot of it felt like Darryl was defending his fairly lacklustre contributions, then it ended up derailing a lot of the day.

I also made a post yesterday about it, which Darryl ignored to continue fighting with Sorian, considering how defensive he'd been it seemed interesting that he was only interested in fighting Sorian about it.

Yeah, I'm still kind of struggling to wrap my head entirely around this Sorian vs Darryl thing. It's certainly not endearing me to Darryl, considering parts of it have felt like trying to play up his relatively minor contributions before the whole thing started, and I really don't like Nin not getting engaged in anything, apparently intentionally.

Now that that is out of the way: wtf were you thinking?!

Where did this shitshow start? Let's make a timeline for easier analysis. "The score" is Orb/TWE vs. Kark/XBro

688:
Sorian with a more or less prod vote to TWE is the first to have a vote on the pair. Fine, not really relevant for the analysis imo.
-> 1:(Doesn't matter yet)

954:
Somewhere later comes dragonz. It's an argument I disagreed with (as I noted earlier that just looked like inexperienced newbie to me). On its own not really relevant, but will provide context later on.
-> 2:(Doesn't matter yet)

1021, 1206:
Interlude: Karkador acquires a couple of votes (Ouro, Fireblend) for wasting everybody's time)
-> 2:2

1268, 1352:
Sorian jumps from Worm onto the Kark train and away again.
-> 1:2

1436, 1504, 1531:
Now it starts getting interesting. Myself, Muffin and Darryl vote for Kark
-> 1:5

1532:
Dr. Worm votes for Orb and apologizes in the same post for not taking greater risks.
-> 2:5

1535:
Samuraischnecke votes Kark
-> 2:6

1567:
Kingkitty votes for Orb following his readslist where he put the pair as scummy.
->3:6

1579:
Darryl jumps ship again for kits who at this point has 2 votes (Darryl is the third)
-> 3:5

1582:
Sorian votes for Orb "to create a horserace". Note that there is a chance he hadn't seen Darryl's new vote yet and thinks it's still 2:5. Only one minute between the posts.
->4:5

1595:
Muffin changes his vote to Darryl, who then has 3 votes.
-> 4:4

1598:
Verelios makes the first vote of the dayphase on Orb, following his lover. No own argumets.
->5:4

1605:
Crimsonfist wants to prevent a tie (he didn't need to) and votes for Orb
->6:4

1613:
Ouro (unnecessarily) wants to prevent a tie and jumps from Kark to Orb.
->7:3

1617:
XBro jumps without comment on Orb. Can't blame him , though, as he himself was the other option.
->8:3

1619:
Muffin wants to swing back to Kark (came from Darryl)
->8:4

1630:
TWE jumps onto Kark without comment. Again, can't blame him.
->8:5

(Dayend)

Notably absent in the whole exchange: Karkador with a parked vote and Orb with no vote at all.

Natiko

Banned
I'm just going to put this as nicely as I can, because I'm holding back a bit of anger after what happened that day.

Screw off, Natiko.

I had enough shit to deal with due to my uncle basically screaming and harassing everyone while carrying a bunch of literal junk in the rain as police officers watched on. It wasn't fun, and I would have much rather been here for day's end. The last thing I want to see is you come back and having zero fucking reading comprehension. I told everyone I would be out. Nevermind the fact that I just had a police officer show up to my door this morning accusing us of stealing stuff that we had receipts for.

Besides, Crimson was here, as reading the final page of the thread for that day shows.

Sorry I couldn't fucking vote like I intended to. Real life got in the way.
Please tell me where I said you should have been around at the final moment? Please tell me where I brought activities outside of this thread into the discussion? You made your post saying you would not be around for day end. I'm not arguing against that. I'm asking why you didn't bother to vote in that post or the subsequent posts you made at the time. This has nothing to do with strictly the final few hours of the game.

Ty4on

Please tell me where I said you should have been around at the final moment? Please tell me where I brought activities outside of this thread into the discussion? You made your post saying you would not be around for day end. I'm not arguing against that. I'm asking why you didn't bother to vote in that post or the subsequent posts you made at the time. This has nothing to do with strictly the final few hours of the game.
Because she wanted to do it later but couldn't

Sophia

Because putting down a vote prematurely when I'm not there for the day end and/or would have difficulty in moving (due to being on mobile) it could have caused a problem.

Natiko, I think you should stop with this. It's understandable that Sophia might have thought she would have had time for a quick look and vote that day and ended up not having that time. Let's not get too much into RL stuff here. Accept it.

@Royal

Pretty good post, Crimsons and Worms votes are itching me a bit.

nin1000

Banned
telling Nin not contribute.

I just want to make it clear that I woke up in the middle of this whole Fat4all/darylll/sorian thing, read through it and thought it was just them overreacting. Even after Daryll said openly in this very thread that I should not contribute, I posted ( yet nothing worthwhile or even remotely interesting ) Daryll even pointed that out by quoting me , yet he was shut down by sorian.
Just to be clear about it.
He said I should not dive into this shit discussion that they were having.
I followed suit and made a post about something completely unrelated.
After that I was mia and it has NOTHING to do with Daryll telling me not to contribute.

Me being a non entity on D1 was something personal. I regret it and I am here to take in the responsibility for it.

Ty4on

Natiko, I think you should stop with this. It's understandable that Sophia might have thought she would have had time for a quick look and vote that day and ended up not having that time. Let's not get too much into RL stuff here. Accept it.

@Royal

How good of a track did you have of the votes? You moved back when I didn't know who was in the lead.

How good of a track did you have of the votes? You moved back when I didn't know who was in the lead.

Really not a good track. I didn't think the Orb train would pick up so fast, and when I switched back I thought Orbs lynch was still one or two votes under the Kark train.

Natiko

Banned

@Royal

I never asked to bring real life into this, she did. I didn't say she should be here day end. I asked why she never once bothered to vote with the posts she DID make. It's not my fault she decided to bring such topics up when she instead could have led with the explanation she just gave instead. But fine

Unvote

My bad for mind controlling her into bringing up outside activity. Sophia must be town though, because if anyone was scum and threw a tantrum like that then they would effectively be undermining the game by pleading for a pass due to reasons outside of this thread.

Verelios

What does that have to do with his post?

I thought it was a pretty solid argument myself, and your argumentum ad hominem here certainly is not doing you any favors.

His bonus read on Dragonz was also an expanded version of what me and Fran felt earlier that day phase.
Whatever 'favors' I'm doing is superflous. It's an entirely subjective argument. You can't just say I don't like thing because thing is bad. That's a nonsense answer.
Continuation of the yesterday's post:

okay, so the only-slightly-more-than-nothing posts continue: 1, 2, 3
Okay, so first post was me explaining my thought process, second post was again an explanation and third I was asking an actual question. Where is the nothing? When I think of nothing I think of shit posts/fluff and coasting. Where am I not interacting here?
Ant then the supervillain comes through again: 1, 2. Especially the first one is like "You're such a fascinating creature, ty. I'm curious why you would make such an odd move. What are you going to tell them?"
[/Quote]
What does Supervillain here mean? Where are you getting this? How is any of this particularly sinister? And in the post itself I explain why I think it's an odd move. Because it isn't bad to admit a shit post is a shitpost.
Then he goes after Kark for a bit, which somebody has to do after all but still is an easy thing to do: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
So...if it's such an easy thing to do then why didn't you take over? You're not interested in why Kark spent all of last day on a Gambit and barely interacted with the thread. You don't find that significant?
As basically last action of the day he goes on with making connections between pairs. 1, 2, 3. He did this earlier already in this post.
Be honest Flush, my pair connections are different from early day 1 to late day 1. That's how I look for scum. If you're going to say this then please refute my posts.
Last post of the day: 1. Votes for Orb. He hasn't mentioned any suspicion against Orb or TWE before. however, he quotes dragonz and says how they talked in their chat about Orb. This smells like an easy public justification to swing the vote away from Kark. That argument of course only works if Kark is actual Scum. Also note that the interaction with Kark does not speak against this, because somebody had to call out Kark anyway, so it might as well be a Scumbuddy to earn Townie-points in case of a lynch.
In any case, I didn't feel like Kark was a good case for yesterday only witg being absent against him (and a failed gambit) while Dragon had made a good case against Orb earlier. They were the two viable candidates at that time, so why wouldn't I got with Orb?

Conclusion: I feel like we're being toyed with. Even if you disagree on that feeling (and I can understand this; its just a feeling after all), some of you are greatly over estimating the value of Vere's post. Of note here are Muffin and Sorian. To a lesser extent also Fireblend, but that was close to the three post I marked as "perfectly fine and good" yesterday. Verelios surely isn't coasting, but he also isn't exactly putting pressure on not-easy targets.
I feel like your conclusion is what you're trying to get at here. You don't like me and are working backwards to explain why I could be suspicious instead of finding me suspicious. Hell, four pages into the thread you even said I made odd posts and I don't think I had ten posts at that time.

You're full of shit Royal, and if you'd made an actual argument instead of emotional semantics I'd actually bother to reply to them. Look at your posts all game, you've done fuck all besides coast and busywork.

Come at me correct mate.

1. My posts so far in this game have absolute no influence on the validity of my future posts.
2. I stated several times yesterday that your posts ring my alarm bells. There is no rational arguments to be made for gut feelings. I tried to explain them as good and vividly as I could. I now have to let other people (notably not you) decide whether there is something to my gutfeeling or if I'm just in general allergic to your posting style.
3. I also pointed out (and this is not a feeling but fact) that you're not that much above average in terms of posting quality as some people seem to think.

Ty4on

I never asked to bring real life into this, she did. I didn't say she should be here day end. I asked why she never once bothered to vote with the posts she DID make. It's not my fault she decided to bring such topics up when she instead could have led with the explanation she just gave instead. But fine

Unvote

My bad for mind controlling her into bringing up outside activity. Sophia must be town though, because if anyone was scum and threw a tantrum like that then they would effectively be undermining the game by pleading for a pass due to reasons outside of this thread.
Don't do this.

Unvote

I missed day end because of real life shit as well and ended up with no vote. It happens. We're on honor system with real life excuses, so try and be cool when they come up. Nothing to do with scum or town. I see what it seems like you're trying to get at, why did she never once vote in four days, but are you arguing that it is scummy to hold a vote until the end of the phase? You can make that argument while still accepting that she meant to vote last day and couldn't.

I told kits already for me, but I found out I was fired last day phase and made the choice to go drinking instead of keep up with the thread. I'm over it so go ahead and throw shade this way if missing day end is nagging anyone.

I think I have a dejavu. Didn't we argue in a similar manner in some previous game already? Have you been Town back then? I don't remember.
Okay, so first post was me explaining my thought process, second post was again an explanation and third I was asking an actual question. Where is the nothing? When I think of nothing I think of shit posts/fluff and coasting. Where am I not interacting here?
My definition of "nothing" is generalities. Nothings may be interactive but they're usually soft and obvious follow-ups. Easy posts that Scum could make to fake meaningful interactions. If you should flip Scum we get nothing from those posts. The opposite of "nothings" are posts that directly confront people or contain deeper analysis. With these posts one can often draw conclusion about the relationship between the two parties if one of them flips Scum. Shitposts are "shitposts" in my language.

What does Supervillain here mean? Where are you getting this? How is any of this particularly sinister? And in the post itself I explain why I think it's an odd move. Because it isn't bad to admit a shit post is a shitpost.
You know these cartoons from your childhood? Where the villain has a plan and uses the heroes as his pawns. That's the person I imagine behind these posts. The strict content of the post isn't really damning. Gut-feeling, non-rational. I admitted that from the start.

So...if it's such an easy thing to do then why didn't you take over? You're not interested in why Kark spent all of last day on a Gambit and barely interacted with the thread. You don't find that significant?
I voted for Kark the moment I finished reading the bunch of pages that contained his glorious reveal. All relevant questions were asked at that point.

Be honest Flush, my pair connections are different from early day 1 to late day 1. That's how I look for scum. If you're going to say this then please refute my posts.
But this only works in retrospect once one of the parties flips Scum, right? Or am I missing something about your method? Anyway, I didn't think that's a particular Scummy method, more a remarkable approach. I'm open to be convinced of the methods value.

In any case, I didn't feel like Kark was a good case for yesterday only witg being absent against him (and a failed gambit) while Dragon had made a good case against Orb earlier. They were the two viable candidates at that time, so why wouldn't I got with Orb?

I feel like your conclusion is what you're trying to get at here. You don't like me and are working backwards to explain why I could be suspicious instead of finding me suspicious. Hell, four pages into the thread you even said I made odd posts and I don't think I had ten posts at that time.
You are suspicious to me because you invoke a certain gut-feeling and because of dragonz. You are probably around average (or slightly above) in terms of valuable contribution. Just not some master contributor that on its own makes your boat untouchable.

Sophia

Whatever 'favors' I'm doing is superflous. It's an entirely subjective argument. You can't just say I don't like thing because thing is bad. That's a nonsense answer.

It's not superfluous, it's shady. Ad hominem attacks (I.E. "You're full of shit Royal") are mafia tactics. It reeked of not having a counter-argument, but still needing to get a word in.

Verelios

1. My posts so far in this game have absolute no influence on the validity of my future posts.
2. I stated several times yesterday that your posts ring my alarm bells. There is no rational arguments to be made for gut feelings. I tried to explain them as good and vividly as I could. I now have to let other people (notably not you) decide whether there is something to my gutfeeling or if I'm just in general allergic to your posting style.
3. I also pointed out (and this is not a feeling but fact) that you're not that much above average in terms of posting quality as some people seem to think.
This literally does make you a hypocrite though when you retroactively call my posts shit. I've been playing the game to find scum, not to throw up a list of posts and gladiator ring people into finding problems with them.

Ty4on

Did you ever discuss kitsune?

This literally does make you a hypocrite though when you retroactively call my posts shit. I've been playing the game to find scum, not to throw up a list of posts and gladiator ring people into finding problems with them.
Being a hypocrite would involve that I think I would be above the things I'm pointing out. I have enough self-awareness to know that I haven't been the most useful person around in D1, thanks. Also not the most useless. Probably somewhere around average or slightly below, but that's another story. Not being better than somebody doesn't revoke my right to point out flaws in that person's posts.

Also, even I were a hypocrite it wouldn't mean that my arguments are invalid. Just because I have no clue how to play the guitar doesn't mean I have no right to say that a certain guitar solo is uninspired.

Being a hypocrite would involve that I think I would be above the things I'm pointing out. I have enough self-awareness to know that I haven't been the most useful person around in D1, thanks. Also not the most useless. Probably somewhere around average or slightly below, but that's another story. Not being better than somebody doesn't revoke my right to point out flaws in that person's posts.

Also, even I were a hypocrite it wouldn't mean that my arguments are invalid. Just because I have no clue how to play the guitar doesn't mean I have no right to say that a certain guitar solo is uninspired.

Honestly I have no idea what you're trying to argue here but it reeks of trying too hard

Verelios

It's not superfluous, it's shady. Ad hominem attacks (I.E. "You're full of shit Royal") are mafia tactics. It reeked of not having a counter-argument, but still needing to get a word in.
I made a counter argument after that post, I just didn't feel it warranted a response. And I would make that same argument Mafia or town because some arguments are nonsense.

I think I have a dejavu. Didn't we argue in a similar manner in some previous game already? Have you been Town back then? I don't remember.
Yes, that happened. Town/town thunderdome but eh.
My definition of "nothing" is generalities. Nothings may be interactive but they're usually soft and obvious follow-ups. Easy posts that Scum could make to fake meaningful interactions. If you should flip Scum we get nothing from those posts. The opposite of "nothings" are posts that directly confront people or contain deeper analysis. With these posts one can often draw conclusion about the relationship between the two parties if one of them flips Scum. Shitposts are "shitposts" in my language.
You can't just call those posts generalities. Asking a follow up question isn't vapid. Those 'follow up questions' are a part of a larger thread of conversation so if you can't derive something from them then that's on you. It's not a difference in language, it's a difference in value.

You know these cartoons from your childhood? Where the villain has a plan and uses the heroes as his pawns. That's the person I imagine behind these posts. The strict content of the post isn't really damning. Gut-feeling, non-rational. I admitted that from the start.
What I'm trying to say is that's entirely nonsense. From page 4 you've had a preconditioned notion about me and set along on that track. It seems like you haven't strayed from it all game.

I voted for Kark the moment I finished reading the bunch of pages that contained his glorious reveal. All relevant questions were asked at that point.
And that isn't an easy vote? Do you think Kark is actually scum or did you vote him because of him being missing?

But this only works in retrospect once one of the parties flips Scum, right? Or am I missing something about your method? Anyway, I didn't think that's a particular Scummy method, more a remarkable approach. I'm open to be convinced of the methods value.
The entire point of the game is that the only person's alignment you're sure of is you and your partners. Everyone else is a blank slate so of course it all works retroactively.

You are suspicious to me because you invoke a certain gut-feeling and because of dragonz. You are probably around average (or slightly above) in terms of valuable contribution. Just not some master contributor that on its own makes your boat untouchable.
I vaguely doubt this. A gut feeling? And I somehow think you only mentioned Dragonz as an addendum while I can't help but think this is a pretty pointed attack.

Verelios

Did you ever discuss kitsune?
Other than alignment leanings? Not really.

I never said your arguments were invalid because of your posting quality. I said they were nonsense because they were illogical and supported by semantics. I could pull up a post of yours and derive any meaning I wanted from it, but it wouldn't be accurate because it's bias.

Sophia

I never said your arguments were invalid because of your posting quality. I said they were nonsense because they were illogical and supported by semantics. I could pull up a post of yours and derive any meaning I wanted from it, but it wouldn't be accurate because it's bias.

You literally just insinuate this.

You're full of shit Royal, and if you'd made an actual argument instead of emotional semantics I'd actually bother to reply to them. Look at your posts all game, you've done fuck all besides coast and busywork.

Come at me correct mate.

How is that not an attack on his posting quality?

The replies I didn't quote I don't think I can add anything of worth.

You can't just call those posts generalities. Asking a follow up question isn't vapid. Those 'follow up questions' are a part of a larger thread of conversation so if you can't derive something from them then that's on you. It's not a difference in language, it's a difference in value.
Maybe you're right. And somebody of course has to ask these questions. But doing so is terribly NAI for both parties that it's a nothing in a post-death analysis. scum can do this with literally zero risk of giving Town post-death info. That's my point. Your point is (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that furthering more harmless conversation is valuable at the moment. I don't think the two points are in strict disagreement, we just value them differently.

And that isn't an easy vote? Do you think Kark is actually scum or did you vote him because of him being missing?
Kark was an easy vote, no doubt. I also gave a full list of people I'd be willing to vote later that day. I voted him because at this rate he was dead weight, XBro didn't stand out for making particulary good content and I lost too many games to coasters to not go after low-quantity-low-quality player as early as possible. Because you will just overlook them later on. With Kark's calculated D1 gambits it's almost impossible to deduce his alignment.

I vaguely doubt this. A gut feeling? And I somehow think you only mentioned Dragonz as an addendum while I can't help but think this is a pretty pointed attack.
During D1 I noticed how several people explicitly didn't vote for dragonz because of you. You are a team. How one party perform directly influences how likely I am to vote for the other party because I can only vote for both. So yes, dragonz not doing much is an attack. But several people made it before me and I don't think I need to convince anybody of it anymore. So of course I focused on the party I seem(ed?) to be the only one to have a bad gut-feeling about.

Karkador

Banned
Hey, what's up with TsuXna? No replacement, or what? They have said zilch in this game

We've also got two replacements. Curious to see what they say today

Top Bottom