• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
3d8kq62zaefz.png
garbage cartoon

no moderate has advocated for "comprimise" with the Trump administaration or with Neo-Nazis

garbage cartoon

no moderate has advocated for "comprimise" with the Trump administaration or with Neo-Nazis

Worse off, though, is that moderates enable hate groups by staying quiet and refusing to take sides. Whenever there's a hate group vs marginalized people, the marginalized people always get screwed by the cowardice of moderates.

That whole thread is bleach for the mind... it burns just reading
This is why I can't stand current YouTube culture/the community, that entire community down just feels like one steep slope down to bottom of the barrel content, I've been maintaining for awhile and trying to explain to people that by supporting these channels that they're helping to cultivate the next generation of rightwingers that are going to be actively fighting against you/general progress.

I can't even stand to see a Phillip Defranco or H3H3 thumbnail amongst many other content creators who while not necessarily being "alt- right" I can't help but associate with the general attitude and journey towards.

I'm from the U.K but seeing all of this makes me sick.

I can't give a Nazi an inch, this is what happens when they go on about preaching their nonsense.

There should be no moderates when it comes to this, a white supremacist's views are not valid and should not be allowed to spread.

Yea, they do. But with things like this, it just doesn't sit well with me and it would bother me way too much. Maybe later I'd reconsider, but not right now.

That's fair, friend..just don't want the good that they did get lost in this, a thing that they have always done. I'm not a fan, but I prefer their stance and work to the alternative.

I won't put the blame on them but I wonder if this will influence how they approach these cases going forward. Will they continue to defend these rights knowing what the outcome will lead to because the intentions are very clear?

Yes because they always have.

I doubt the ACLU believes they share any culpability

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think the argument is that those who advocated for "listen to their opinion and maybe they will be less angry" were not moderates after all, just shy Trump supporters/voters. Which I think might check out at least for this forum.

They just keep their mouths shut or use weasel words to try not to offend anyone

They wring their hands and clutch their pearls and say nothing, hoping order is restored. So they can go back to their hum drum lives until they need to "moderate" again. Fence sitting cowards. The America moderate I mean.

Worse off, though, is that moderates enable hate groups by staying quiet and refusing to take sides. Whenever there's a hate group vs marginalized people, the marginalized people always get screwed by the cowardice of moderates.

do they really?

have they "comprimised" with them at all? who are these "moderates" you speak of?

name me "modereates" who advocate for comprimise with the Trump admin

Toxi

Banned
Should they though?
Absolutely. This was what the people they were arguing against warned of. They don't get to pretend this was unanticipated.

They can say that fighting for unrestricted free speech is worth the risk of extremists harming people. But not that that they bear no responsibility.

We defeated the Nazis once we'll do it again.

And LOL at their Tiki torches

But this time nazis aren't from a foreign country, they are around you. Father, brothers, sisters, in the same country sharing the same soil. Can uncle sam defeat his own people? Specially with Trump in command?

Moderation was the true cancer in the end, people unable to act for the less fortunate, that's the real disease in the world.

Joe

FAIR.org | For Media, Driving Into a Crowd of Protesters Is a ‘Clash'

Washington Post, Boston Globe, AOL News, The Hill, BBC and Sky News UK describe today's events not as a terrorist driving into a crowd of people but rather as a "clash".

The New York Times pushes the ridiculousness further and places blame on an inanimate object.

The term ”clashes" is a term designed to obscure blame, presenting a picture of two equal sides engaging in violent activities. Reading ”one dead" after ”clashes" at a white nationalist rally gives us no idea who died, or who did the killing.

Alternatively, one can veil responsibility by attributing agency to an inanimate object and disembodied emotions.

screenshot_75.png

screenshot_76.png

In truth, moderates lean towards the klansmen, but won't admit to it.

They probably wouldn't say it outright, but are probably thinking, "Yeah, I kinda like my white world, just like on some of those television shows where all the cast is white and sure, there are a few POC, but that's how it SHOULD be! But, I'm not 'racist', I like hip hop and think Beyonce is a beautiful woman... but, when I walk down the street in my neighborhood... I want to see all white faces looking back at me!"

do they really?

have they "comprimised" with them at all? who are these "moderates" you speak of?

I'm talking about the so called moderate that stays quiet and lets the nazis fester because saying something and choosing sides may mean they can't be friends with everyone.

Absolutely. This was what the people they were arguing against warned of. They don't get to pretend this was unanticipated.

They can say that fighting for unrestricted free speech is worth the risk. But not that that they bear no responsibility.

I don't know, Toxi. Can't see myself making that connection. Again, they've been who they've been for ages. I've definitely agreed and appreciated the work that they've done more than the moments I haven't. Today is a shitty day, make no mistake. I just, personally, don't feel is on them. Not gonna tell you how to feel..you're obviously entitled to that opinion.
I'm just not there..

Ponn

Banned
do they really?

Undecided voters at election time just for starters. As far as GAF, the "listen to them, debate them, this is why Trump won, so much for the tolerant left, etc" crowd. I mean for christs sake what do you think the whole Boogie "isn't the middle a great place to be" thing is exactly?

In truth, moderates lean towards the klansmen, but won't admit to it.

typicla Fringe-Left nonesense.

"uhh uhhuhuhuhuh moderates are sympathaizers" nonense
Undecided voters at election time just for starters. As far as GAF, the "listen to them, debate them, this is why Trump won, so much for the tolerant left, etc" crowd. I mean for christs sake what do you think the whole Boogie "isn't the middle a great place to be" thing is exactly?

undecideds are morons,
in life, you pick a side, you pick a team, you pick a path. Undecideds who flip between parties are just morons

FAIR.org | For Media, Driving Into a Crowd of Protesters Is a ‘Clash’

Washington Post, Boston Globe, AOL News, The Hill, BBC and Sky News UK describe today's events not as a terrorist driving into a crowd of people but rather as a "clash".

The New York Times pushes the ridiculousness further and places blame on an inanimate object.

It was a clash between a car and pedestrians. We're all praying the car is okay.

(Newspapers historically tended to print headlines using considerable ambiguity because they often had to print well in advance of having all the details on a story, but it's fairly ridiculous to see it used in a modern internet context. If nothing else it's a thoroughly outmoded style of writing, and it's quite possibly intentional signalling.)

III-V

Watch as history is literally re-written before your very eyes. Radical domestic terrorist be damned, the truth of the day is both sides clashed, and a car killed someone at political protests.

Stop pissing me off..

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
What happens in the south is white folks won't speak out against it. Not on big issues, but in day-to-day life. It feels so ingrained in everything, and most of the racists seem so dumb that I guess it feels pointless to engage.

I mean, we just had that thread where making fun of black people was defended by so many. "I'm not racist this is just normal," not realizing that it's only normal because people normalize it.

It's not a moderate thing per se, it's more about the erroneous belief that we have to put up with this bullshit around here, that it's just some kind of character flaw like anything else. Just another bad thing about living in the south. It's not true.

This shit is deeply ingrained down here and will not change unless people start pushing back. People have to get out of their comfort zones and start doing the right thing

The Kree

Banned
FAIR.org | For Media, Driving Into a Crowd of Protesters Is a ‘Clash'

screenshot_75.png

screenshot_76.png

Like I said hours ago:

Watch as the so called liberal media refuses to call the driver a terrorist and makes no obvious comparisons to terrorist behavior commonly exhibited oversease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom