• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Unlocked all the paths and got to about 80% activated on my current LR Goku. Been killing it with this team, especially now that he's critting like crazy.

EsdLPOil.png

Was planning on using EKs to get to SA 20, but I happened to get a 5th drop recently. And with all the medals I've got already from farming Stage 4, might as well go all the way with this one.

96mmKNql.jpg

I knew keeping those One Piece Gokus would come in handy a year later... xD

0TDNC2y.gif

Hootster

Neo Member
Hi OPTC player here. I just started playing this game still not sure I understand a lot of this game mechanics used 210 stones so far on pulls not sure if this is a good start or not seem like I'm rolling through the story with ease. Here's my file http://imgur.com/a/lqB9J. Got any suggestions on team building and other strats to learn.

Arrrammis

Hi OPTC player here. I just started playing this game still not sure I understand a lot of this game mechanics used 210 stones so far on pulls not sure if this is a good start or not seem like I'm rolling through the story with ease. Here's my file http://imgur.com/a/lqB9J. Got any suggestions on team building and other strats to learn.

Welcome! For general game stuff, Reddit has a pretty good guide for new players: https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/guide/newplayers

It looks like you're off to a really good start with your cards, so you will probably roll through the normal and hard difficulties of the story missions fairly easily. A few small gameplay tips:
- You can close the app during a battle to reset the turn. This is great if the orbs fall in a way that you don't want them to and you want to retry, or it the enemy is launching a super attack. As long as you force close before the final attack's damage number pops up, you'll be able to redo that turn.
- The "Epic Showdown" event missions on normal are a great place to get Gregory and Bubbles medals, which will really come in handy for awakening your early cards.
- There are dragonballs throughout the story missions, be sure to grab them as you go because once you complete a set, they'll appear again in later missions. There grant you wishes, like a bunch of training items, a higher team cost limit, etc.

MicH

You pulled some great units, congrats!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not really sure how this LR Dokkan thing works. I thought they removed all the restrictions, but I can't bring my team into the battle.

I'm not really sure how this LR Dokkan thing works. I thought they removed all the restrictions, but I can't bring my team into the battle.

They removed the Super strike restriction, you can only bring units that are got by drops (So no one from summons but the super strike characters and others like TEQ Bulma, and Cabba are fine).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They removed the Super strike restriction, you can only bring units that are got by drops (So no one from summons but the super strike characters and others like TEQ Bulma, and Cabba are fine).
Ah dope, my only real team is my STR team built around SSJ4 Goku. Guess I have to pass for now.

Ah dope, my only real team is my STR team built around SSJ4 Goku. Guess I have to pass for now.

You don't have to do STR, I do TEQ for stage 4 and hardly need to use items(sometimes a senzu or two buts that's it) my team is: TEQ Bulma(100%), Angel Goku, Jackie Chun, TEQ Xeno Trunks, TEQ Goku(who becomes LR) and TEQ possessed Gohan.

Should i go gogeta first since hes in 2 teams?

Not Sure. I like Gogeta because his super is effective against all types and with dupes he becomes a monster. SV is also insane but I'm not sure if his SA has any bearing on his counters(I'm pretty sure it doesn't but you never know).

I'm probably gonna make a few enemies but...I got 2 card drops in 3 runs lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You don't have to do STR, I do TEQ for stage 4 and hardly need to use items(sometimes a senzu or two buts that's it) my team is: TEQ Bulma(100%), Angel Goku, Jackie Chun, TEQ Xeno Trunks, TEQ Goku(who becomes LR) and TEQ possessed Gohan.
It's more that most of my characters are from the gacha. I think I only have a handful of characters that were from other sources.

Yup

First i thought about using kais for him but now i dont mind waiting a bit before getting him to SA 20.
I still need 600 medals before i can dokkan him for my first LR lol.

Damn that's dedication. I'm at 550ish and I had it, so I'm just gonna EK the last 10.

It's more that most of my characters are from the gacha. I think I only have a handful of characters that were from other sources.

Well, you can get most of the required units from the strike events, and right now is the best time to do it since the cards are guaranteed to drop(or pretty damn close it it) and the usual 100 team cost for them is currently lifted. The Bulma event is still going on so you can grind her orbs(they're story specific so you don't gotta worry about using your TEQ orbs) and get her cards to open up the paths

Kettch

Nice, Jackie Chun is up. Should be able to get a solid TEQ team going in a day or two.

Glad I didn't sell that Possessed Gohan copy, should be useful even at SA1.

Meneses

Had 3 full bars without a single drop, then got 4 drops in 5 straight runs (one of them was a double drop).

Now I need one more (going on 2 bars without drops) since I farmed all the R Gokus and I want to use them but on the other hand i'm tempted to just say fuck it and use Kais instead, I don't think I have the willpower to grind nearly 1000 medals.

did something stupid last night because i felt really shitty and bought the pilaf pack. But then I pulled 3 banner SSRs with the 10 tickets: OG STR Broly, TEQ Golden Frieza dupe, and a Rose dupe (second one). So all in all... that kind of worked out

I can use the strike agl pikkuhan to raise my str pikkuhans SA right? How do i go about that? Do i farm him till i get to SA 10 on the agl one and then reverse dokkan my str one and take the 50% chance?

I can use the strike agl pikkuhan to raise my str pikkuhans SA right? How do i go about that? Do i farm him till i get to SA 10 on the agl one and then reverse dokkan my str one and take the 50% chance?

no, SA levels only transfer over between 100% identical cards with the one exception being the dokkaned and undokkaned versions of SS cards. but since the STR Pikon is not an SS card that doesn't work. You have to z-awaken each SS Pikon to SSR and feed them into the undokkaned STR one for a 50% chance, per SA level.

i hate the sentences this game makes me type out sometimes, lol

Meneses

Don't raise the AGL one to 10, it will only give 1 SA to the STR one. That only works when using the exact same card (or maybe it's only on Super Strike characters? Not sure).

Feed them separately.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I beat stage 3 of LR goku for the first time yesterday. Now I need to beef up my freebie STR team (or just make my bulma teq team viable) so I can farm stage 4 until my eyes bleed

Meneses

"Finally got the last drop I needed from stage 4, now I can finally go back to stage 3 and get more than 5 or 7 medals per run."

*does five runs of stage 3*

5-7-7-5-5

Kill me now.

Sec0nd

"Finally got the last drop I needed from stage 4, now I can finally go back to stage 3 and get more than 5 or 7 medals per run."

*does five runs of stage 3*

5-7-7-5-5

Kill me now.

I'll deffo keep farming stage 4. Any extra dupe will go in SA. Don't feel like farming his SA through farming that other card and DA it. I did that already but since I wasn't paying attention I raised the SA of another Goku card lol. Don't want to go through that hell again.

the trick is to not pay too much attention to how many medals drop because it sucks anyway. You'll get there, and it'll most likely average out to about 7-8 medals per run regardless. Just watch a show or stream or whatever while you're doing this and transcend the mortal plane. The art of Zen and Dokkan. It helps that I did the Frieza grind which was a deal more challenging because he could kill you in a single round, which is impossible with a STR team in stage 4, if I'm over like 60k HP. So it barely requires any attention beyond giving ki to Frieza. if you're sitting there hoping for the 10+ drops every time you're just setting yourself up for frustration. It's a long tedious grind.

Voror

Is selling characters the best way to get Baba points? It almost feels like the best way to get medals for Z-Awakening unless I'm mistaken.

Reizo Ryuu

Is selling characters the best way to get Baba points? It almost feels like the best way to get medals for Z-Awakening unless I'm mistaken.

it's the best way to get points yes, but not the best way to get supreme/elder kai medals because they are mad expensive.

Sometimes you can get lucky and get a 50% off on a 2x one, which is a decent deal. But other than that, you don't want to z-awaken every single ssr, just the ones that you will be actively using.
Just play the game and go for the golden purple capsules when you see them on the stage, they have a chance of dropping a supreme or elder kai medal.

Chucker

the trick is to not pay too much attention to how many medals drop because it sucks anyway. You'll get there, and it'll most likely average out to about 7-8 medals per run regardless. Just watch a show or stream or whatever while you're doing this and transcend the mortal plane. The art of Zen and Dokkan. It helps that I did the Frieza grind which was a deal more challenging because he could kill you in a single round, which is impossible with a STR team in stage 4, if I'm over like 60k HP. So it barely requires any attention beyond giving ki to Frieza. if you're sitting there hoping for the 10+ drops every time you're just setting yourself up for frustration. It's a long tedious grind.

Alternatively, get the good double Bulma set up and teach a child to do it, then post on GAF while she toils away.

I've probably got a half hour of this working.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Alternatively, get the good double Bulma set up and teach a child to do it, then post on GAF while she toils away.

I've gotta get children. Between this and them eating free at IHOP, it's all pluses!

Haha that's hilarious. Doubly so if you actually did it. I just hope you don't come back to an account drained of dragon stones because she bought 300 more box spaces or something

This LR Goku is so cool. How can we get it?

Here are the steps to get LR Goku

Do Stage 1 to get your first drop.

Do Stage 2 about 15 times to get the medals to awaken your SSR Goku to awaken to the Transcended Ultra Rare form

Then do Stage 3 to get your first couple of Legendary Rare medals. It can be as low as 5 or as high as 20 I hear.

Stage 4 is for more 1st form Goku drops, the SSR version. You want at least 4 for all the dupe paths and a 5th one to feed back into the LR Goku for an SA 20. After you get 5, go back to stage 3 to farm medals since the medal drops are better there.

1544 medals later, you'll have 2 LR Gokus, 1 you need to feed into the other for SA20.

Make sure you feed the LR Goku that doesn't have its dupe paths opened up!

Chucker

I've gotta get children. Between this and them eating free at IHOP, it's all pluses!
This guy gets it.
Children: For fun and profit.
Haha that's hilarious. Doubly so if you actually did it. I just hope you don't come back to an account drained of dragon stones because she bought 300 more box spaces or something
Required password on purchases and she's old enough to understand what she's doing. Drained stones on EK's, told her she can use stones to restore stamina.

She just ran into my office and told me "Daddy we got 15 medals!!!"

I was debating whether or not to grind out a second Goku to get the 10 Elder Kai for free, but it seemed like a really tedious process. Fast forward a day, and I've already gotten almost 100 medals toward a second LR Goku while trying to go for drops (I still need 4).

I think after I get the four drops, I'll Dokkan one LR Goku and use a Mono-TEQ Double Bulma team with Stage 3.

Top Bottom