• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

yuoke

Banned
Naw, I doubt this as well.

Here in is why Hilary and Demos lost (well, one of the reasons), and if especially the Demos can't grasp that, they WILL lose again.

What does this have to do with a sick nazi murdering someone?

This has been a terrible day, but unfortunately not nearly enough people will learn anything.

ZOONAMI

I just had this infuriating discussion with my brother. He legit doesn't understand how nazis can be simultaneously anti-semitic and racist. Fucking blood boiling tonight and I had to just up and leave my brother after repeated explanations. Fuck.

Everyone that voted for Donald Trump either didn't see this coming and is fucking stupid or saw it coming and didn't care.

So bigoted or ignorant, take your pick.
Aye. They make themselves at least complicit in enabling them if they vote for him again. At least.

Can't really take anyone serious who says "well he enables Nazis but I need muh anti abortion president" or some other shit.

Lois_Lane

I just had this infuriating discussion with my brother. He legit doesn't understand how nazis can be simultaneously anti-semitic and racist. Fucking blood boiling tonight and I had to just up and leave my brother after repeated explanations. Fuck.
That doesn't fucking make sense. Has he never seen a WW2 movie before?What about the Roma?The Slavs?

Alucrid

Banned

er. is he trying to argue that since they hate jewish people too they aren't racist?

Wait, what? Why does he think that? Nazis can walk and chew gum, so to speak.

I...but they believed in eugenics. They wanted to create the Aryan race (white, blonde hair, blue eyes). The Jews were the other that the Nazi party blamed for Germany's fall after WW1 and it escalated from there that they were ruining the gene pool, etc. I mean, they hated a specific religion and wanted to create a race of blonde hair, blue eyes white people. Its basically Nazi 101.

cdyhybrid

23Y4fjT.jpg

This is why Trump made the statement he did. Neo-Nazis are his strongest support group.

Jeels

I've spent the past 3 hours trying to summarize my feelings about Charlottesville but I can't.

All the same emotions of anger, defeat, frustration, empathy, anger at others for their lack of empathy, etc. that I felt while watching Ferguson go down are back, and exacerbated.

Today the President of the United States of America could not call a spade a spade. The dog whistle of all dog whistles. Terrorism is a term exclusively for colored perpetrators now, apparently. We have to consider both sides, they say, in perhaps the least ambiguous act of domestic terrorism, hate speech, and prejudice in the new millennium. It's 2017. Donald Trump is the President of the United States. There's a white supremacist, ethnocentrist, violent rally going on with a side of domestic terrorism that getting international attention and the response from authorities relative to Ferguson is miniscule.

I'm not saying anything new either, and that's the really scary part. There is a progressive development, radicalization, and galvanization of white supremacy movements going on that have been energized by Trump. This isn't the last we've seen of it, and frankly, the smartest minds in the world from the social to political scientists don't know what to do and are scrambling to figure it out while they continue to bubble, murder, and oppress according to a dogmatic and self-righteous view of the world.

Humans' capacity for harm hasn't been this salient in the west for a while, but now we're getting reacquainted once again, and it is feeling uncomfortably familiar uncomfortably quickly. Honestly, shit like this really challenges my beliefs in concepts like universal human empathy, critical thinking ability, and conscience. I don't personally believe in inherently bad people, but if there's an argument for it, today's events are a damn good one and have me questioning everything that I think I know.

IDK even know if this is the right thread for this but the car stuff cemented it for me.

In some ways, I fear that in the same way that the gun debate ended with Sandy Hook, the BLM debate may have ended at Ferguson. Or, hell, the coloured lives matter debate may have ended decades to centuries before that.

I hope this wakes people up. There eneds to be counter protests across the country. Trump and his ilk need to be removed from power.

ZOONAMI

I...but they believed in eugenics. They wanted to create the Aryan race (white, blonde hair, blue eyes). The Jews were the other that the Nazi party blamed for Germany's fall after WW1 and it escalated from there that they were ruining the gene pool, etc. I mean, they hated a specific religion and wanted to create a race of blonde hair, blue eyes white people. Its basically Nazi 101.

I tried to explain all of this too him but it was a fucking brick wall 3x over.

I'll bet is a huge slap in the face to our ww2 vets when they see that nazis are allowed to march down the street of their own country.
It's massively disrespectful to them and their service.

Maybe he should be checked for a brain tumor because this is McCain-at-Comey-hearing levels of bizarre.

That was legitimately what he was arguing.
Wow...wait, so he is saying that yes, they hate black ppl, but since they hate Jews too, the label of "racist" can't apply?

Maybe just say, "okay, sounds like you need to figure out the right definition of racism, but until then just call it 'hateful evil,' -- k, bro?" Or something like that...

Violet_0

Banned

if you want to blow his mind, tell him what they did to non-heterosexuals, mentally ill, disabled and handicapped people or those that just behaved rebelliously and didn't fit into their system

yuoke

Banned
I'll bet is a huge slap in the face to our ww2 vets when they see that nazis are allowed to march down the street of their own country.
It's massively disrespectful to them and their service.
Also that this nazi scumbag driver served too. How could someone that has been in the military to protect the country even think of anything like this, let alone do it?

Today is a fucking disgrace for this nation, in a long line of recent disgraces we have experienced.

Its time to grow the fuck up US and condemn this shit outright. There is no more "middle of the road"

linkboy

Also that this nazi scumbag driver served too. How could someone that has been in the military to protect the country even think of anything like this, let alone do it?

He didn't even make it through boot camp (at least according to the article I saw), that's not serving, that's being a total fuck up. I did 11 years in the Air Force with a deployment to both Iraq and Afghanistan. He's not a veteran, he's a piece of shit.

Also, the military leans very conservative. Trust me, there's some people who only joined the military so they could go shoot Muslims.

The amount of racist shit that get said in the military is disgusting.

Wait the driver is only 20...did he get kicked out or what? Also I was in the military there was lots of racists there sadly

Top Bottom