• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

devilhawk

Not sure what you're arguing against then. If this is too much, take a seat for a minute.
I wasn't really disagreeing with you. I simply suggested the media focus on the abhorrent things they are saying and doing and not get stuck into a future of trying to decipher the Nazi-ness of every person wearing khakis and a white polo. I just think that would be more effective for the media; it's just a personal opinion.

Just for visual reference

40seuog0sscv.jpg

They really do dress up like Trump.
Imagine looking up to a creepy fat, old white man for fashion inspiration.

rjinaz

Just stop. Deal with what matters. There are honestly "who wore it best" websites comparing Obama and Trump and their white polo and khaki outfits while on the golf course. Seriously, quit ceding random things to alt-right and Nazi scum.

So you say you know why they are wearing it in later posts, and yet it's random at the same time? It really just seems like you want to keep the issue away from Trump here not sure how to interpret it other wise. Sorry but this already has his stink all over it when he failed to condemn them.

Nazis look up to Trump. You can bet this would have been a hot issue if some terrorist group in the US were imitating Obama, especially if he failed to condemn them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I wasn't really disagreeing with you. I simply suggested the media focus on the abhorrent things they are saying and doing and not get stuck into a future of trying to decipher the Nazi-ness of every person wearing khakis and a white polo. I just think that would be more effective for the media; it's just a personal opinion.
I tend to agree. Their attire is fine as target for mockery every now and then, but ultimately irrelevant and we shouldn't focus on that kind of stuff.

Caelus

I actually think it's important for the media to notice this as it draws a direct connection between these assholes and the President, who has yet to properly condemn their actions. There are many people who dislike Nazis but fail to see the connection between them and Donald.

D i Z

I'm new to the party on this one. You weren't disagreeing with me. I don't see any "media" focusing on this. This is people being attentive.

I absolutely know why they are wearing it. I don't disagree with why. I disagree with the attempt to concede more and more things to Nazis that they don't own. A standard fucking golf outfit is just a microcosm of all this.

Papa..half are wearing the fucking hat. Come on..

The media should remind EVERYONE what this was about. It's not a distraction from the rest. I think we can walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm really surprised at this stance from you..

rjinaz

I actually think it's important for the media to notice this as it draws a direct connection between these assholes and the President, who has yet to properly condemn their actions. There are many people who dislike Nazis but fail to see the connection between them and Donald.

Shit, we just had a poster in one of these threads go on for pages about how they don't see how Trump supporters are associated with White Supremacy.

Teggy

I didn't realize daily stormer and stormfront are unrelated. Stormfront have their own hosting service, but they don't like daily stormer so they might not be able to just jump over there.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Hey I'm in the background there!

From DC's rally near the World War 2 memorial, march to the White House to gather with others to finally march to the only Confederate monument in the city. Finishing with a moment of silence for Heather Heyer. Started from about 500 people and got to a few thousand by the end.
Good pics!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The Guardian found another picture of the terrorist at a Nazi rally decked out in his white supremacist starter kit

50009esrr.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...s-pictured-at-neo-nazi-rally-vanguard-america

As he lofted his shield, the setting sun caught the strength and Nordic resolve of his chiseled aryan jaw. He flexed the noble truth of his strong righteous Caucasian arm and gripped his sword, "DarkSmiter" in a grip only the steel of superior genes could muster. As the hordes of dark, burnished, bronze, burnt umber and olive skinned savages squabbled with rancor in the confusing babel of their inferior foreign tongue. He straightened the four pleats of his Haggar chinos and braced for a righteous death. To die defending the purity of the off-brand Lacoste stand-in varmint emblazoned on his pure white polo shirt. Save a place for me on your mountain, great Maga. Today I get Bear Maced.

devilhawk

The media should remind EVERYONE what this was about. It's not a distraction from the rest. I think we can walk and chew gum at the same time. I'm really surprised at this stance from you..
Here on GAF, I think we can walk and chew at the same time. But, you got more faith in the media than I do, that's for sure.

It's a pretty common thing among neo-nazis and racists.

It's an easy, convenient way to display around your hate-related emblem of choice while also giving you something to hide behind when someone finally gets sick of your shit and comes up to hit you with something... Smart fashion decision, really.

D i Z

My initial reply was in response to someone complaining that the media wasn't talking enough about it.

No biggy. Just pointing out that you perhaps quoted the wrong person.

Anyway, in regards to this dipshit. I think his mom is doing well enough for herself, and he's not. These assholes kind of channel all of that shit into one direction.

Binabik15

As a German I feel disgusted by roughly half of the US right now. Christ.

Talk radio and Fox News and Evangelicalism and racism really did a number on you. A number that might be 1987...sigh.

Clefargle

It's an easy, convenient way to display around your hate-related emblem of choice while also giving you something to hide behind when someone finally gets sick of your shit and comes up to hit you with something... Smart fashion decision, really.

It's also the literal meaning of fascism. The faces of the shields with an authoritarian symbol.

D i Z

Talk radio and Fox News and Evangelicalism and racism really did a number on you. A number that might be 1987...sigh.

Hold that disgust. We haven't even gotten started yet.

It's also the literal meaning of fascism. The faces of the shields with an authoritarian symbol.

This is something that I've been wanting to ask. Can we compile a list of what all of this norse and fascist symbols that these "no nut Friday night with my buddies" guys are sporting?

It's probably not even close to half, but sometimes it feels like it. Twitter certainly gives idiots like this a platform to share their abhorrent views of the world.

Here on GAF, I think we can walk and chew at the same time. But, you got more faith in the media than I do, that's for sure.

Do I? I'm saying they ain't saying it. I'm saying folks here aren't either. Not sure about this "faith" you're talking about. I've got more faith in you than them..

HariKari

These people have always existed, they just feel emboldened by Trump. I see plenty of people pushing back so all is not lost yet.

Future

There's a difference between defending yourself or someone else from an actual attack and beating the shit out of a Nazi simply for being a Nazi. Which is what most of you guys seem to be ok with.

When have nazis become something that is not ok to beat the shit out of. I thought if there was one thing the world could agree upon as being pure evil, it was being a nazi. Holy shit.

Nazis. We are talking about nazis man. Fuck

You just know he joined up to kill some brown people (except what he said was a lot worse than brown people)
The Army kicked him out for being physically unfit for duty.

I am assuming his ego couldn't take the humilation, and why he probably went neo-nazi.

Losers cosplaying as losers indeed.

TalonJH

The Army kicked him out for being physically unfit for duty.

I am assuming his ego couldn't take the humilation, and why he probably went neo-nazi.

Losers cosplaying as losers indeed.

His old teacher says that he was always infatuated with Nazis. He says he did what he could to try to talk some sense into him but it didn't work.

I'm going to be honest, I doubt he was actually evicted for being physically unfit unless he was literally maimed in a training accident.

Tons of overweight, wimpy, or generally unfit people join the Army. You can--and the Army does--make anyone into a soldier who isn't severely medically handicapped. A person getting booted from Basic on grounds of being physically unfit usually has something else going on (like being a racist asshole) that's harder or more uncomfortable for everyone involved with to deal with directly, and it's just used as a convenient excuse.

Hell, I would go as far as to say many Drill Sergeants live for the chance to whip fat or puny soldiers into shape. What they don't tolerate so much are total assholes.

Chuckie

It's a pretty common thing among neo-nazis and racists.

I love that they think they look like bad ass Nordic warriors, while in fact they look like fucking kids with plywood shields made and painted in kindergarten.

Would be a shame if somebody threw a molotov cocktail, those shields look pretty inflammable.

I'm going to be honest, I doubt he was actually evicted for being physically unfit unless he was literally maimed in a training accident.

Tons of overweight, wimpy, or generally unfit people join the Army. You can--and the Army does--make anyone into a soldier who isn't severely medically handicapped. A person getting booted from Basic on grounds of being physically unfit usually has something else going on (like being a racist asshole) that's harder or more uncomfortable for everyone involved with to deal with directly, and it's just used as a convenient excuse.

Hell, I would go as far as to say many Drill Sergeants live for the chance to whip fat or puny soldiers into shape. What they don't tolerate so much are total assholes.

Your bootcamp experience was different from mine (Navy).

If you couldn't run, you were gone. It was considered an insult to show up at bootcamp out of shape.

Unless the guy was blatantly being a racist asshole for the whole world to see, then he could've flown under the radar and passed.

Your bootcamp experience was different from mine (Navy).

If you couldn't run, you were gone. It was considered an insult to show up at bootcamp out of shape.

Unless the guy was blatantly being a racist asshole for the whole world to see, then he could've flown under the radar and passed.

Same here (Marines). If you were out of shape I mean yeah they'd try to help you out but don't expect too much in boot camp. You'd basically be put in another batallion of overweight people if you couldn't keep up. Fat bodies is what they were called. Not exactly sure how it worked and this was also back in the 90s so I know it has changed since then. I hear they give recruits stress cards and such nowadays.

Belfast

Imagine looking up to a creepy fat, old white man for fashion inspiration.

At least Nazi Germany had its fashion and iconography game on point. I mean, they inspired some pretty horrible things, but they were good at it.

American Nazis? Khakis, tiki torches, and, uh... memes?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
We're really discussing whether it's okay to punch a Nazi?

Seriously, it's never not okay to punch a Nazi. In fact, it should be a crime to not punch a Nazi when you happen upon one. Of a group encounters a Nazi, form an orderly line and take your shots one at a time.

Call the police, tell them you found a Nazi. The response should be: "did you punch him? No? Get to it before I arrest you both!" When the Nazi gets tossed in jail, his cell mates should be informed he is a Nazi, so they can punch him on the hour, every hour.

D i Z

We're really discussing whether it's okay to punch a Nazi?

Seriously, it's never not okay to punch a Nazi. In fact, it should be a crime to not punch a Nazi when you happen upon one. Of a group encounters a Nazi, form an orderly line and take your shots one at a time.

Call the police, tell them you found a Nazi. The response should be: "did you punch him? No? Get to it before I arrest you both!" When the Nazi gets tossed in jail, his cell mates should be informed he is a Nazi, so they can punch him on the hour, every hour.

I'm sayin' tho.

Gutek

I have zero sympathy for any of these people, but there has got to be a post on every Neo-Nazi forum that is essentially this post but with "Nazi" swapped out for "Jew" or "black."

Would you agree that all Nazis are fundamentally bad people?

Would you say the same about Jews or blacks?

Do you see the difference?

Top Bottom