• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I wanted a Doctor Who CMF series.

Seconded! Sadly seems like we'll only get the 2 doctors (Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi).

This guy made customs that seem to be mostly made from existing LEGO minifig parts.

8995464809_2c14569185.jpg

LEGO Doctor Who: 50 Years by Kadigan Photography, on Flickr

When the LEGO Store says the free cavepeople set is with orders over £25, does that include Pick-a-Brick and Bricks and Pieces? Because I missed out on the LBM promo when I tried that last time, but it might just have been sold out.

Nope, sorry.

I believe actually that Pick a Brick is included, Bricks and Pieces is not.

Could vary by country. I can confirm PAB does count in the retail stores here in the U.S. as I've done it many times. Not sure about from S@H website. Bricks and Pieces does not count for sure online in U.S. at least I never got promotions to show up in my cart with Bricks and Pieces until I got other items to meet the price threshold for the promo.

Speaking of PAB, retail store had a nice sale where a baseplate was $5 with purchase of any PAB cup. Not sure when it ends.

Jimrpg

My mind was blown today doing one of the 3in1 Creator sets. Apparently a bunch of them fit together like the Constructions do!

mtmENo9.jpg

JANG put it together -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7oVMJBCvA

But he shows you there are some gaps when you actually turn it around. So its not perfect, though i think its fine for kids to play with.

I'm just missing the modular modern home. Its so annoying in Australia its AU$49 while the poolside villa is AU$29. But in the US both are the same price? US$29?? Doesn't even make sense. Plus the poolside villa is about 320 pieces and the modular modern home 370.... they're hardly stocking the modern villa in Australia too. Most places have the poolside and the larger house.

JANG put it together -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7oVMJBCvA

But he shows you there are some gaps when you actually turn it around. So its not perfect, though i think its fine for kids to play with.

I'm just missing the modular modern home. Its so annoying in Australia its AU$49 while the poolside villa is AU$29. But in the US both are the same price? US$29?? Doesn't even make sense. Plus the poolside villa is about 320 pieces and the modular modern home 370.... they're hardly stocking the modern villa in Australia too. Most places have the poolside and the larger house.

Don't complain, Lego is only releasing the smaller set, poolside villa, here (Brazil). So much for "modular" houses...

Jimrpg

Y ah saw a few people comment about his review...

No one has their own thoughts?

(Lol I'm standing in the store with it in my hands, basically I'm searching for an enabler lol)

I don't have this set - but it looks great to me and the set has 3 really different builds but on the same theme, I think it looks awesome.

The Turbo Track Racer is also a good one to get too.

Don't complain, Lego is only releasing the smaller set, poolside villa, here (Brazil). So much for "modular" houses...

Haha - i didn't mean to complain. I should have worded it better, i just don't get why the prices are different.

Osahi

5 bags into Destiny's Bounty. Well, damn, in any other year this would've probably be my set of the year (Saturn V stil takes the cake, and Assemblyl Square is amazing too offcourse). If you would've told me this was a D2C set, I would've believed you. Even though the build is just a tad more simple then the regular D2C (and it is spread out in many, many bags)

The lower level is allready packed with detail and some cool techniques. Especially the angles are often done in interesting, Psiaki-like ways.

I'll take things slow building this thing, spread it out over today, tomorrow en tuesday (it's a long weekend here). And afterwards it will be hard to not immidiatly jump in Ninjago City I'm affraid (still will hold of until I've put enough aside. I also want OFS and BB-8)

wetwired

I was away all weekend but got a little progress on the batcave tonight

It's a bit gappy on the right but it's mainly the block out the forms before committing

5wTg4Yl.jpg

I'm running out of BURPs so I've got a few ideas to make them go a but further, mainly by incorporating everyone's comments wondering where the T-rex and giant penny is. I photoshopped up the other side and my idea for fitting in the trophy room

HjSuKAr.jpg

So on the left would be an opening into a giant room with the trex and giant penny inside, with some arches as if it's the supports of wayne manor. To stretch my BURPs a bit further on the right hand side I would do something similar but a bit smaller and have 2 batpoles come down ( I did have another batpole down the botttom but it was a bit hidden away)

It's a bit gappy on the right but it's mainly the block out the forms before committing

5wTg4Yl.jpg

I'm running out of BURPs so I've got a few ideas to make them go a but further, mainly by incorporating everyone's comments wondering where the T-rex and giant penny is. I photoshopped up the other side and my idea for fitting in the trophy room

HjSuKAr.jpg

So on the left would be an opening into a giant room with the trex and giant penny inside, with some arches as if it's the supports of wayne manor. To stretch my BURPs a bit further on the right hand side I would do something similar but a bit smaller and have 2 batpoles come down ( I did have another batpole down the botttom but it was a bit hidden away)
You could do a big stair like in Beyond if the batpoles look weird.

Hey LEGO GAF sorry to intrude. Lapsed builder looking to get back in the game.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a ~£200 set that will take me a while to get through? Something complex for the summer, basically. I was eyeing up the Carousel, as well as the Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart, mainly for being stuff that would actually having meaning for me.

But I defer to your infinite knowledge and wisdom.

Just_one

Assembly square

Have fun!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a ~£200 set that will take me a while to get through? Something complex for the summer, basically. I was eyeing up the Carousel, as well as the Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart, mainly for being stuff that would actually having meaning for me.

DonShula

I have the Kwik-E-Mart and it took me a decent amount of time to put together. There are a lot of TINY pieces on the interior - it's fully detailed inside so there are coolers and shelves with food and beverages. It's also a great place to display your Simpsons CMFs if you have any.

Bought this set a few weeks back for pretty cheap at Wal-Mart

Thought it was cool but wasn't all that happy with it. Modified it a little at first, then a lot later on, ended up with this. What do you guys think? Does it look like something that could actually be in Star Wars?

Back end has a ramp that lowers down to let out up to six stormtroopers that can fit in the back. Side ports can open up so whoever is inside can shoot outward. Two drivers/pilots sit side by side up front.

ghostmind

Thought it was cool but wasn't all that happy with it. Modified it a little at first, then a lot later on, ended up with this. What do you guys think? Does it look like something that could actually be in Star Wars?

Back end has a ramp that lowers down to let out up to six stormtroopers that can fit in the back. Side ports can open up so whoever is inside can shoot outward. Two drivers/pilots sit side by side up front.

Not sure about the trans-red up front, but everything else is awesome, and would definitely fit in Star Wars.

This is what the tank could have been, if it had a larger piece count allowance.

R-User!

It looks sweet!

Carousel is great and I feel it has lost in the crowd of huge, awesome builds this year. Watch it become as rare as the original Grand Carousel as a result.

Otherwise Assembly Square and the upcoming Ninjago City should be right up your alley.

Koren

5wTg4Yl.jpg

HjSuKAr.jpg

Holy shit...

Sorry, but I lack words. I don't even want to think at the cost.

Edit: if it's not obvious, it's a great piece... But again words are weak.

Just_one

Need some advice lego gaf

Building my first modular moc (a hotel) and was gonna go originally with black and white front (due mainly to piece costs) but that might be to prison like if you know what i mean...any good tips on colors?

Ponn

Banned

Building my first modular moc (a hotel) and was gonna go originally with black and white front (due mainly to piece costs) but that might be to prison like if you know what i mean...any good tips on colors?

Gaudy Las Vegas colors. Buy a lot of Friends sets.

Gold is pretty cheap. Look to the Heartlake hotel for inspiration. Most buildings need three colours.

Just_one

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

Dont know if this is the right place but here it goes :

Im selling a Nintendo nes classic with 1 controller in Mint condition shipped with original box in perfect condition

Would trade for one the following lego sets

Ferris Wheel
Carrousel
Temple of airjitzu

Worldwide but wouldnt mind europe

Help!

I should be saving for Ninjago City and Old Fishing Store, but the news of Palace Cinema retiring made me look for some deals (I already have Pet Store, Parisian Restaurant and Grand Emporium). Well, one thing leads to another, and....

Those are my July and early August purchases that finally arrived. All sets are sealed.

4DaSkwU.jpg

fubbQ3E.jpg

KUvp4DC.jpg

M1F2JQR.jpg

No, I did not went bankcorrupt, I have been saling an huge videogame collection, and the last month earnings surpass the double I had paid for those sets, but even so....

I am officially a Lego nerd.

Assembly Square box was slightly damaged on its front in the transport to my country, but I got an discount for that, so wasn´t a big loss.

Now to find the time needed to assemble everything.

Boogiepop

Help!

I should be saving for Ninjago City and Old Fishing Store, but the news of Palace Cinema retiring made me look for some deals (I already have Pet Store, Parisian Restaurant and Grand Emporium). Well, one thing leads to another, and....

Those are my July and early August purchases that finally arrived. All sets are sealed.

4DaSkwU.jpg

fubbQ3E.jpg

KUvp4DC.jpg

M1F2JQR.jpg

No, I did not went bankcorrupt, I have been saling an huge videogame collection, and the last month earnings surpass the double I had paid for those sets, but even so....

So jealous of that Town Hall. Still waiting in the hopes that I'll manage to nab it for a price I can justify, rather than the current going-rate of $400+ at the lowest.

willp2003

Nice! I would like to get fire brigade and town hall in my collection but I can't bring myself to pay that much. That's a good collection though!

So jealous of that Town Hall. Still waiting in the hopes that I'll manage to nab it for a price I can justify, rather than the current going-rate of $400+ at the lowest.

Nice! I would like to get fire brigade and town hall in my collection but I can't bring myself to pay that much. That's a good collection though!

Thing is, I payed less for Town Hall than the normal price of a Detective Office here. Fire Brigade was as expensive as Assemble Square. So I had to pick them.

ghostmind

Thing is, I payed less for Town Hall than the normal price of a Detective Office here. Fire Brigade was as expensive as Assemble Square. So I had to pick them.

Nice haul! Reminds me of the hauls back when I first emerged from the Dark Age. So much LEGO goodness!

Now you need to pick up the Green Grocer.

<Palpatine cackle>

Nice haul! Reminds me of the hauls back when I first emerged from the Dark Age. So much LEGO goodness!

Now you need to pick up the Green Grocer.

<Palpatine cackle>

Well, I just emerged from my Dark Age late last year. There is so much to catch up. I am already eyeing the Apple Tree House, Brick Bank , the Winter Village sets... I am doomed.

It was offered a sealed Green Grocer too. But for the asked price I could get Fire Brigade, Town Hall and Palace Cinema together. Not worth it imo. I may get it used later or bricklink it. Cafe Corner is not my goal too, since it is kind of dated.

Ponn

Banned
Help!

4DaSkwU.jpg

fubbQ3E.jpg

KUvp4DC.jpg

M1F2JQR.jpg

*whistles*

So did you save enough for the Falcon?

*whistles*

So did you save enough for the Falcon?

Well, I am glad I am not into SW. I thought about getting the Falcon to store it and make a profit later on, but the sheer size of its box is a logistic problem. Not only it will cost a lot on shipping, but it will be difficult to guarantee that it arrives in good shape. And it would take a lot of space in storage. So the odds are against getting it. I still have enought for NC and OFH but again due to boxes size I may get OFH and wait for a sale on NC. It is not that I am out of things to build, since I still need to assemble Parisian Restaurant.

Wow, I'm jealous.

Don't be for the prices, Lego here costs the double in relation to US prices. If a set costs $100 in US, it will be sold for the equivalent of $200 here... at least videogames follows that price logic too, so my collection still worths enough to make me enter the Lego space in a great way.

Someone put the breaks on me............I've gone over 2 decades without owning any legos, and now.......now, I have been bitten by the collector's bug. These models are just fantastic and increase way too fast in price. I need to hop on these NOW before it is too late.

In just the past 2 weeks, I've gobbled up the following (all are new-in-box):

(Model, Model #, Price Paid)

UCS Snowspeeder 75144 - 220
AT-AT Walker 75054 - 175
UCS Slave 1 75060 - 197
UCS Xwing Red Five 10240 - 279
Death Star Final Dual - 100
Jabba's Sail Barge 75020 - 130
UCS Tie Fighter 75095 - 175
UCS Assault on Hoth 75098 - 250
UCS B-Wing 10227 275
UCS Death Star 75159 480
UCS Death Star II 10143 650 (damaged box)
UCS Vader's Tie Advanced 10175 600
UCS Super Star Destroyer 10221 630
UCS Jedi Starfighter 10215 180
UCS Sandcrawler 75059 280
Ewok Village 10236 300
UCS AT-ST Walker 10174 300

and I am still on the lookout for:

(Model, Model #, Retail Price)

UCS Imperial Shuttle 10212 260
UCS R2D2 10225 300
UCS Tie Interceptor 7181 100
UCS Star Destroyer 10030 300
UCS Y-Wing 10134 120
UCS Tantive IV 10019 and/or 200
UCS Millenium Falcon 10179 500
UCS 2nd TIE Fighter 75095 - 175

To add to the above collection, I hope to one day amass the pieces for the following amazing MOC builds:

Mortesv's UCS Nebulon-B Medical Frigate (expected price > $1500)
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-5083/cjd_223/mortesvs-ucs-nebulon-b-medical-frigate/#comments

Moderately Sized Star Destroyer (w Full Interior) (expected price > $1500)
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9018/raskolnikov/moderately-sized-star-destroyer-w-full-interior/#comments

Minifig Scale AT-AT w/ Interior (expected price > $1000)
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-7540/jhaelego/minifig-scale-at-at-w-interior/#comments

I hope to one day replicate the following:

The Rebel Fleet
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/141801-moc-the-empire-strikes-back-rebel-fleet/

GAF ---- what have I done??? And rumor has it that a $700+ Millennium Falcon is due on Sept 1.................RIP my wallet, my free time, my display space, and probably my marriage, LOL

Weevilone

I'm getting deja vu so I might have asked this.

Do people desire the boxes from sets? I'm about to toss a bunch of stuff, mostly Start Wars stuff (non-UCS).

Rationalizing it this way makes me think I'm not crazy:

Having just joined the party, I need to scramble to get all the current UCS models at retail prices (or cheaper, if possible!), and to get as many deals on new-in-box or complete w/ box and lightly used older UCS models, spanning back to the year 2000 or earlier.

If I started the collection a decade ago, this collection so far would be able $520 / yr . It works out to about $330 per model when I only include UCS & Ewok Village.

When I manage to get the UCS Y-wing, Star Destroyer, Tantive IV etc., Tie Interceptor etc., that average will go up, no doubt :cool:

But I've delayed joining this party for far too long --- premium price for a latecomer, but better late than never (except from my wallet's perspective)

Someone put the breaks on me............I've gone over 2 decades without owning any legos, and now.......now, I have been bitten by the collector's bug. These models are just fantastic and increase way too fast in price. I need to hop on these NOW before it is too late.

In just the past 2 weeks, I've gobbled up the following (all are new-in-box):

(Model, Model #, Price Paid)

UCS Snowspeeder 75144 - 220
AT-AT Walker 75054 - 175
UCS Slave 1 75060 - 197
UCS Xwing Red Five 10240 - 279
Death Star Final Dual - 100
Jabba's Sail Barge 75020 - 130
UCS Tie Fighter 75095 - 175
UCS Assault on Hoth 75098 - 250
UCS B-Wing 10227 275
UCS Death Star 75159 480
UCS Death Star II 10143 650 (damaged box)
UCS Vader's Tie Advanced 10175 600
UCS Super Star Destroyer 10221 630
UCS Jedi Starfighter 10215 180
UCS Sandcrawler 75059 280
Ewok Village 10236 300
UCS AT-ST Walker 10174 300

and I am still on the lookout for:

(Model, Model #, Retail Price)

UCS Imperial Shuttle 10212 260
UCS R2D2 10225 300
UCS Tie Interceptor 7181 100
UCS Star Destroyer 10030 300
UCS Y-Wing 10134 120
UCS Tantive IV 10019 and/or 200
UCS Millenium Falcon 10179 500
UCS 2nd TIE Fighter 75095 - 175

To add to the above collection, I hope to one day amass the pieces for the following amazing MOC builds:

Mortesv's UCS Nebulon-B Medical Frigate (expected price > $1500)
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-5083/cjd_223/mortesvs-ucs-nebulon-b-medical-frigate/#comments

Moderately Sized Star Destroyer (w Full Interior) (expected price > $1500)
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-9018/raskolnikov/moderately-sized-star-destroyer-w-full-interior/#comments

Minifig Scale AT-AT w/ Interior (expected price > $1000)
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-7540/jhaelego/minifig-scale-at-at-w-interior/#comments

I hope to one day replicate the following:

The Rebel Fleet
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/141801-moc-the-empire-strikes-back-rebel-fleet/

GAF ---- what have I done??? And rumor has it that a $700+ Millennium Falcon is due on Sept 1.................RIP my wallet, my free time, my display space, and probably my marriage, LOL

giphy.gif

Top Bottom