• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MoviePass (Unlimited Films in Theaters) Drops to $9.95 a Month

I've had this for two years and love it, altho if you live somewhere with heavy reserve seating, I understand why this might not be the best idea. Otherwise it's a steal.

If you need a theater list, either PM me or post here a zip code. I can quickly check on my app.

Doesn't work with reserve seating??

Toothless

I'm going to guess you only can get into movies at the time of showing. No prebooking, which is incredibly common today at most theaters. So you're not going to see the latest and greatest on the day of release...

But still. Damn, that's a good deal.

Edit: ah, yes.

I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming at the Thursday previews with MoviePass. If I wasn't so busy earlier, I would've done the same with Guardians 2. I've never really had an issue finding tickets on opening weekend either for anything *shrug*

kaskade

I signed up, figured fuck it why not. My local theater isn't show up, as any other theaters either right now like the AMCs. Must be some wonky servers right now.

Pretty much only signed up since my theater doesn't have reserved seating right now and I could've sworn I checked their list before and it was on there. Hopefully everything sorts itself out soon.

http://www.tested.com/forums/general-discussion/449326-moviepass-is-a-bad-deal/

I mean, this is from 2012 and the TOS could have been updated since then, but them reserving the right to cancel your subscription at any time, coupled with the fact that if they do, you have to pay for any ticket costs that would exceed the subscription price, makes me very wary about trusting this sort of service.

Then again, that article is from 2012 so it could have changed since then :/

Malyse

Moviepass supposedly is pretty terrible. I listen to a horror podcast where a couple of them signed up to save money since they see films for the podcast every week and they concluded it's pretty much a racket that's way more hassle than it was worth. Even seeing a movie every week they said it would've been better to just pay the full price for the ticket.

I've used it and had no issues.

I mean, this is from 2012 and the TOS could have been updated since then, but them reserving the right to cancel your subscription at any time, coupled with the fact that if they do, you have to pay for any ticket costs that would exceed the subscription price, makes me very wary about trusting this sort of service.

Well
that article is from 2012

https://moviepass.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

f@luS

More than a member.
I've had unlimited movie card in France for 8-9 years now. 20 bucks per month
All movies available (2d/3D and so on ). Reservation possible

But 10? That's nice. here for 20e you get more Benefts that taking tickets individually (collecting coins for free snacks for exemple )

Toothless

Can someone check the zipcode 48108? Thanks. :)

Within 20 miles:

Goodrich Quality 16 Ann Arbor
Goodrich Canton Cinemas 1-6
MJR Westland Grand Digital Cinema 16

Doesn't work with reserve seating??

It does work with reserve seating. It's just that you need to be within the vicinity of the theater on the day of. So for example when I saw Doctor Strange at the previews of a reserved seating theater, I ended up buying my tickets ahead of time without MoviePass. That's what I recommend to do with Last Jedi or any big anticipated film that you could imagine seeing twice if you have a reserved seating theater by you that you prefer.

I love reserved seating, and I'd say when I'm at school, over half my MoviePass films are at the reserved seating theater, you just need to know how to time yourself appropiately

Anyone wanna let me know about 78704? If this works for the Alamo in some capacity, I'll be all in.

It does work for every Alamo Drafthouse from what I can see. I can check other theaters too, but I've been seeing the Alamo question for it a ton

Correct. The way it works is you check in at the theater using the app and it adds the amount of a ticket to the card. You need to be on the theater property to check in.

But technically, let's just say you live really close by to the theater or it's on the way or something along those lines, there's nothing stopping you from being there a day early and booking your ticket for a future showing as long as you're within the theater property?

shaneo632

The only bad thing is at first it's a 12 month contract. But even if you see just a few movies a month it is worth it.

Yeah this is what I don't like about Unlimited. I had it for a while but sometimes I just wanna join for a month to watch a shitload of art-house films in my nearest Cineworld and they don't let you do it. Odeon's one is cancel anytime IIRC.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Moviepass supposedly is pretty terrible. I listen to a horror podcast where a couple of them signed up to save money since they see films for the podcast every week and they concluded it's pretty much a racket that's way more hassle than it was worth. Even seeing a movie every week they said it would've been better to just pay the full price for the ticket.
I've used it for years with little hassle. I see multiple movies a month and can only remember 2-3 times the app messed up and their support were quick to help me out.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Signed up and immediately cancelled. Seems very scammy. Got an email and it said my first month would start when I got the card. So I raised a fuss with chat support, and he said it was actually a trial. That does not inspire confidence to say the least. I'll see what gaffers say and maybe I'll sign up later.

I signed my wife and myself up. The live chat told me it was all the theaters near me. We easily see two movies a month so this is a no brainer.

XT1c.png

Seems a little weird to me that they don't provide an easy way to see what theaters are supported...

Rvaan

Banned
Anyone wanna let me know about 78704? If this works for the Alamo in some capacity, I'll be all in.

Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar.
Regal Westgate Stadium 11 Theatres.
Paramount Theatre- Austin
Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz
AMC Barton Creek Square.

Apologizes to the guy earlier who I gave screeenshots to.

Ok, this would be interesting to sign up for, but the fact I can't check theater is mind-blowing and makes it feel like such a huge scam.

That said, could someone check the zip code 20877 for me. Just checking if theaters like Rio, Rockville, Kentlands or Germantown are in the list (I'll take further/any theaters, as this is a good deal overall and would make me watch a ton more movies).

Toothless

Can someone hook me up with theater information for 97330?

Carmike 12 Corvallis
Regal Ninth Street 4 Cinemas
Darkside Cinema
Pix Theatre
Regal Albany 7 Cinemas

91760 check please?

Terra Vista 6
AMC Ontario Mills 30
Edwards Ontario Palace Stadium 22 IMAX
AMC Victoria Gardens 12
Edwards Ontario Mountain Village Stadium
Cinemark Movies 8 Chino
Edwards Eastvale Gateway Stadium 14
Claremont 5

Been seeing this sentiment a lot in the thread. This is outdated. Earlier this year I cancelled in March and joined again in the middle of May with no cancellation charges at all.

29642 and 29621?

Thanks!!

Easley Cinemas 8
Regal Cherrydale Stadium 16
Camelot
AmStar Stadium 14 Anderson
Regal Cinema 14

phalestine

aka iby.h
I have been using this a month, and there are a couple of hitches.
- You cannot pre-book tickets you have to be within 100 yards of the theater. It makes seeing things a bit annoying I have to get to the theater early buy a ticket then come back.
- You only can use it to buy one ticket.
- The app is hot trash, never leaves me logged in.
- It also has my arthouse theaters so that is a plus.

With all that said, I have found that going to the movies, even by myself allows me to shut myself off for a bit and not multitask so this saves me a ton.

Hmm, wonder if you could spoof your location to bypass that?

snap

Banned
I've tried to sign up on both the website and in their app and neither lets me get past entering my payment details. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I got it to work and I'm seeing no theaters near 85340 or 85719, the two zip codes I'm moving between. Can any one confirm that? If so I'm cancelling this before I get my card.

Does anyone know if this works for Fathom Events like rifftrax? They usually cost more than a normal ticket but they are still just 2d movies.

Edit: Nevermind I asked the chat support. It does not.

$10 a month seems insane! I just signed up, even though it is fucking stupid you can't see theaters until after. It works at my theater, including their luxury seating (big ass, reserved seats, no kids under 12 allowed). This seriously seems like an unbelievable deal.

Their app is acting pretty screwy right now, though. Don't know if it's 'cause they are being hammered, or 'cause their app just blows. Hopefully the former.

I would love a check for 27612 if possible.

No theaters found.

Can anyone check 30329? Thanks.

2 Found.

Studio Movie Grill - Duluth
Studio Movie Grill - Holcomb Bridge.

48315 if possible. thx in advance.

9 theaters found. I'm not typing all that out.

Sounds like a killer deal since I see multiple films a month.

Can someone check 89129?

No theaters found.

Toothless

Ok, this would be interesting to sign up for, but the fact I can't check theater is mind-blowing and makes it feel like such a huge scam.

That said, could someone check the zip code 20877 for me. Just checking if theaters like Rio, Rockville, Kentlands or Germantown are in the list (I'll take further/any theaters, as this is a good deal overall and would make me watch a ton more movies).

All four of those theaters are supported but that's it within 10 miles.

I don't think this works in my area. Can someone check out 19087?

Studio Movie Grill Darby
Bow Tie Cinemas Anthony Wayne 5
UA King of Prussia Stadium 16 IMAX
Bryn Mawr Film Institute
Regal Plymouth Meeting 10
Regal Edgmont Square 10
Regal Oaks Stadium 24
AMC Plymouth Meeting Mall 12
AMC Marple 10
Narberth Stadium 2
Providence Town Center
AMC Granite Run 8
Bow Tie Bala Theater
Colonial Theater Phoenix ville
Movie Tavern Flourtown
UA Main Street Theater 6
Ambler Theater

Does anyone know if this works for Fathom Events like rifftrax? They usually cost more than a normal ticket but they are still just 2d movies.

It does not. However, if your theater is doing a type of re-release, like for example AMC's recent re-release of Lion King, it does work for that.

Top Bottom