• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. Anything for Marvel Versus community and fans. Also one more PM for you. :)

Also if anyone is interested to join discord community for matchmaking and discussion,

Invite:
You might wanna hide the URL behind [EMAIL=link][/EMAIL] tags. Wouldn't want undesirables making their way into the Discord.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You might wanna hide the URL behind [EMAIL=link][/EMAIL] tags. Wouldn't want undesirables making their way into the Discord.

I welcome lurkers tho but if people want to be undesirables in our channel then they would face permaban easily.

Got it and updated! Thanks for the awesome work again!

No problem.

Lol, "Huge cast" is still in the OP.

Mayb we should change that to 30 characters roster

JeTmAn81

Hulk has great mobility actually. His new wall jump is terrifying.

We'll see when the game's out, I don't think that will be enough to get him in though. Can see a lot of projectile -> tag -> teleport out coming Hulk's way when he tries.

Dahbomb

We'll see when the game's out, I don't think that will be enough to get him in though. Can see a lot of projectile -> tag -> teleport out coming Hulk's way when he tries.
You know Hulk can get his partner to get him in right?

Like you can literally just do Ghost Rider's st.H which hits twice and pulls them in block, tag in Hulk then you in for free.

Hulk should be fine in this game.

Trace

Banned
oh less than a month now isnt it? 3 weeks from Tuesday in fact.

Any more events before the 19th? Isnt there a Pax soon? Im not hopinf for last minute reveals mind you (lol), just more footage really.

PAX is next weekend and will have both MvC:I and DBFZ playable at the Sony booth.

FSLink

Banned
Hulk has great mobility actually. His new wall jump is terrifying.

As someone who disliked fighting Hulk, gross lol

Like you can literally just do Ghost Rider's st.H which hits twice and pulls them in block, tag in Hulk then you in for free.

Really interested to seeing how Ghost Rider ends up in the meta, since he started off strong in UMvC3 and quickly went down when people figured him out. Infinite's mechanics are definitely more friendly to him so we'll see how this goes.

When's Cloak & Dagger?
Hopefully S3 2018

It's supposed to be the Avengers' training room. It's depicted similarly in Avengers: EMH & Avengers Assemble.

I think I asked this in another thread but if this is true would you consider the training stage to be the second part of the Avengers stage or something unrelated?

So, d'yall actually think Meioh is actually the third Capcom character?
Yes but
Honestly, my hope for Lady still burns.
this actually seems plausible as well....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo... that clip that Ultradavid retweeted of Jedah Dormmamu going ham on a Nova, where is that from? Nova isnt moving so it looks like training mode o_O

edit: lol Keits just tweeted the exact same question >_<

I'll deny Meio as the third DLC character until he's outright confirmed.

why? he looks freaky. We could use more freaky characters.

Jawmuncher

Please do not let Meio be the 3rd character. Pretty please with a cherry on top.
Pretty much where I'm at. Don't think anyone in the history of ever had even asked for the dude. Lady at least has that going for her.

yo... that clip that Ultradavid retweeted of Jedah Dormmamu going ham on a Nova, where is that from? Nova isnt moving so it looks like training mode o_O

edit: lol Keits just tweeted the exact same question >_<

why? he looks freaky. We could use more freaky characters.

Only way I'd be interested is if he has a really unique style like modok

tribal24

Banned
Please do not let Meio be the 3rd character. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

I don't think it would be Meio i think the dlc character on capcom side is going to get crazier. Meio will be just a story character i think, Since capcom listened about the damn models being bad, i think we are going to get our Asura or Edward Falcon atleast one to hype it all up.

JeTmAn81

Right, I was saying that to support the idea that Hulk/Haggar may not pair well in this game due to the lack of ability for either to clear room for the other one

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I completely forgot that MVC3 had 4 colors until Ultimate as well. We'll probably get more around S2 or 3

I noticed DBZF also has 4 colors... thats not the standard we want devs ;_;

Ryce

Pretty much where I'm at. Don't think anyone in the history of ever had even asked for the dude.
If we only got characters that were requested then the roster would be ridiculously boring. My favorite MvC characters happen to be the unexpected oddballs like M.O.D.O.K., Rocket Raccoon, Nemesis, and Firebrand.

Pretty much where I'm at. Don't think anyone in the history of ever had even asked for the dude. Lady at least has that going for her.

Only way I'd be interested is if he has a really unique style like modok

I don't think it would be Meio i think the dlc character on capcom side is going to get crazier. Meio will be just a story character i think, Since capcom listened about the damn models being bad, i think we are going to get our Asura or Edward Falcon atleast one to hype it all up.

I hope you 2 are right.

I really want Asura.

If we only got characters that were requested then the roster would be ridiculously boring. My favorite MvC characters happen to be the unexpected oddballs like M.O.D.O.K., Rocket Raccoon, Nemesis, and Firebrand.

While I agree with that logic in general, this roster is devoid of fan requested characters. If they're gonna expect fans to pay for DLC, the choices need to be popular choices.

Rhaknar

I wouldn't mind Meio and think he could be really fun, but I think Capcom should focus on the popular characters for S1.

You mean Winter Soldier isn't a really popular character from what many consider to be the best Marvel Cinematic Universe movie of all time?

but I'm not sure he's the third either

Giga Man

So, d'yall actually think Meioh is actually the third Capcom character?

I really want it to be Rashid.

I also don't think they'll go without a 3rd Street Fighter character in the first season, unless they have a "street fighter pack" planned for the future or something. I don't care much for Street Fighter reps, but I love Rashid.

Rhaknar

I just wanted someone to go "whos that kid?", you ruined it :(

I'm a big proponent of weird Capcom villains, though Grandmaster never really crossed my mind before. He's kind of like Belger in Final Fight or Scion in Red Earth or the main bads of the Viewtiful Joe games where all the lackies seem more interesting.

Coda

84FX5bel.png

Personally, I need Gene in this game. Gene/Dante team would be OD. He just feels like a MvC character with fun juggles and some of his best roulette moves as his supers.

g3lORyPl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom