• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

VanWinkle

The JL International omnibus looks gorgeous omg.

Dude I CAN'T WAIT. I've wanted to read the series so bad over the years, but it's only ever been on crappy newsprint paper and I hate newsprint. Plus, several of the trades are out of print.

I do have volume one and read a few issues of it and loved it. I can't wait to see it on actual good paper.

Guys... he's still trying to sell some comicbooks in the end. It's not like his actual story's going to change since a lot of it is finished by now. He's just saying this stuff so people will buy his products.

And he brings up in other tweets that he's been getting harassed by trolls and is clearly worried it'll damaged the comic's word of mouth.

Oh I get it. I just think he shouldn't have said anything at all. If your book isn't written with a political slant, then just don't say anything.

That Batman comic already sounded kinda sus writing wise. Guess I'm ok with just looking at the previews and calling it a day.

Messi

I still haven't forgiven the guy for flaking out on Tokyo Ghost. I don't believe for a second that TG was only supposed to be 10 issues. They clearly skipped over stuff to get to the end.

7898027095260749795%253Faccount_id%253D1

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I didn't post much last month 'cus I was shitting up the Game of Thrones thread but it did seem a bit slower than usual. Ya'll need to post more, mah dudes.

caliph95

What's the point of stating your own leanings to justify the book? Seriously. What's the point? Your only opening yourself up for far more scrutiny beyond that.

Damn it. Still in the top 10.
Seems to be getting harassed by it calling SJW for the BLM and wage gap thing

I thought the premise of White Knight was to shine a spotlight on Batman's more uncomfortable authoritarian overtones. Tough on crime isn't really a great look in the BLM era, and it was gonna explore that.

No clue what Murphy's trying to say with that tweet.

VanWinkle

Shiiiiiiit. Ennis Punisher AND Planet Hulk omnis next week? FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

I want Planet Hulk omnibus but I don't know if I will get it right away or not. I might just pick up the little Black Beetle hardcover and the Harley Quinn omni. If I have any extra funds it will go towards Gillen JiM Omnibus.

Messi

I didn't post much last month 'cus I was shitting up the Game of Thrones thread but it did seem a bit slower than usual. Ya'll need to post more, mah dudes.

Every month since I took over has been progressively slower lol

Alright. I think I'm about finished with this marvel sale

The highlights for me were
- Spider-girl mini
- Spider-Man tangled web : A great "Tales of the dark knight" style Spider-Man book that early on focused on others in one off stories. Really great stuff
- Sentinal - Marvel's manga Iron giant book. It's awesome. I ignore everything Marvel did to him post Avengers academy

Aizo

Banned
In the books reveal he felt the need to drop a mention to Black Lives Matter and the wage gap and the second he felt any kind of pushback he got defensive and started saying his batman wasnt political , wasnt SJW batman .
I'm very worried about this "hero" joker will act through politics if this is his view. :(

VanWinkle

36k views on that Ronaldo troll thread lol

Okay messi, so, if you could, tell me your thoughts on the content in the Harley omni. Any particular highlights or lowlights?

HARLEY QUINN #0-16, SECRET ORIGINS #4, HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1, HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO SPECIAL# 1, HARLEY QUINN: FUTURES END #1, HARLEY QUINN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1, HARLEY QUINN VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL #1, and HARLEY QUINN AND POWER GIRL #1-6

Okay messi, so, if you could, tell me your thoughts on the content in the Harley omni. Any particular highlights or lowlights?

HARLEY QUINN #0-16, SECRET ORIGINS #4, HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1, HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO SPECIAL# 1, HARLEY QUINN: FUTURES END #1, HARLEY QUINN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1, HARLEY QUINN VALENTINE’S DAY SPECIAL #1, and HARLEY QUINN AND POWER GIRL #1-6

Oh God, I forgot Future's End even existed. Thanks a fucking lot for reminding me. :3

Vyer

People like Murphy think they are being fair and 'rational' and don't understand the damage they are doing.

Or they just share some of those types of views from the 'other side' but don't want to be open about it.

In any case, as that one reply summed it up so well....

Messi

HARLEY QUINN #0-16, SECRET ORIGINS #4, HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1, HARLEY QUINN INVADES COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO SPECIAL# 1, HARLEY QUINN: FUTURES END #1, HARLEY QUINN HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1, HARLEY QUINN VALENTINE’S DAY SPECIAL #1, and HARLEY QUINN AND POWER GIRL #1-6

The main series is fun, secret origins is a nice little story with great art. Annual #1 is good. Comic con is trash, futures end is trash, holiday special is fun, valentines day is good. Harley and power girl is a let down sadly. It was fine but it could have been so much more. It's worth reading as part of the series though. It's worked into the story in a mildly amusing way.

VanWinkle

Oh God, I forgot Future's End even existed. Thanks a fucking lot for reminding me. :3

Oh yeah. Haha. There actually WERE a few good tie-ins, though. Green Arrow acted as a great series closer for Lemire, and Grayson was very cool.

The main series is fun, secret origins is a nice little story with great art. Annual #1 is good. Comic con is trash, futures end is trash, holiday special is fun, valentines day is good. Harley and power girl is a let down sadly. It was fine but it could have been so much more. It's worth reading as part of the series though. It's worked into the story in a mildly amusing way.

Man, that makes me sad about Harley and PG. I figured for sure that would be good.

Was the Comic-Con issue the one with the implied Joker orgy?

Oh yeah. Haha. There actually WERE a few good tie-ins, though. Green Arrow acted as a great series closer for Lemire, and Grayson was very cool.

Sure, but that was what? Like three good ones out of 18 or something?

VanWinkle

Now that I'm thinking of it, I actually did read the first 9 issues of the book and the holiday special. I thought they were fun. It's been a long time though, so I'll re-read them.

Was the Comic-Con issue the one with the implied Joker orgy?

Sure, but that was what? Like three good ones out of 18 or something?

Oh yeah, still a disgrace. But I am glad that those good ones exist at least.

Vyer

Huh so marvel's CMX BOGO sale is happening this weekend.

Time to peruse the wishlist and see if there's anything worth it

I have bought a lot in previous sales, and that batshit insane Amazon sale a while back really bumped the library up.

Having trouble thinking about what to look for this time around.......

Messi

Man, that makes me sad about Harley and PG. I figured for sure that would be good.

It's a let down to me because I expected so much. I was happy to see Conner and Palmiotti pee gee again. It's fine it's not bad content. It's significantly better than Gang of Harleys which will be in the next omnibus. That mini was so unnecessary.

VanWinkle

It's a let down to me because I expected so much. I was happy to see Conner and Palmiotti pee gee again. It's fine it's not bad content. It's significantly better than Gang of Harleys which will be in the next omnibus. That mini was so unnecessary.

Oh, yeah, that's fair. I'll just go in with normal expectations and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Red Hood and the Outlaws
Sinestro
Red Lanterns
Grayson
Green Arrow
Superman (or Action Comics. I can't recall which. It involved Billy Batson pretending to be Superman after he was killed)
Swamp Thing
Earth 2
Phantom Stranger

Were all decent to great.

Harley Quinn
Batman

Were average

Suicide Squad
Justice League Dark
Batgirl
Pandora

Were all terrible. Never read the core event, and I didn't even read all of the tie-ins.

Top Bottom