• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

Korgill

Higher res:

9hYtX8t.png
xgRnFa2.png

Looks really easy to flip. Will probably see play in standard control decks.

I like how well the two sides work with each other if you get both on the field. Free scrying, then dig if you don't find the answer you were looking for.

Added quote for new page.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Six mana is a lot, but those abilities are good and 6 starting loyalty is juicy.

But, then again, I'm still waiting for the Ob Nixilis PW to shine in Standard, so what do I know...

Justin

What a difference a day makes

During the Arena stream
Tolarian Community
@TolarianCollege
Replying to @SaffronOlive
That stuff is complicated, so we took it out. Magic is too complicated. Kids want sounds that go BOOM! ZAP! BA-HARING! BOOM! BAM!

At HASCON a few minutes ago
Tolarian Community @TolarianCollege
4m
Played #MTGArena. I see no reason why this cannot replace MTGO entirely if given full cards and formats. Ultimate #mtg digital experience.

Higher res:

9hYtX8t.png
xgRnFa2.png

Looks really easy to flip. Will probably see play in standard control decks.

They broke the pattern of putting the cards on bottom in a random order.

There was definitely a philosophical shake up behind the scenes for this set. They are reversing things that had previously been changed about how cards are supposed to work.

Another example: that 3 drop dinosaur has a down side for its controller. It doesn't JUST screw over your opponents. That would have been unthinkable in any set printed in the past 3 years.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Vraska doesn't seem any more playable any more than Ajani is.

DrArchon

God, I was really hoping new Vraska wouldn't cost a ton.

Well, at least she can still kill guys on command. That's nice. And she can come down with 8 loyalty and a body to protect her, so she's going to be very tough to remove. And Menace matters on the tokens because, really, who wants to spend two creatures to block a 2/2 that'll come back next turn?

Not sure what you'll want the treasures for though. Unless you cheated her out early with a bunch of treasure already, you probably have enough mana to do whatever you want.

Main takeaway: She's really fucking beefy in terms of loyalty. 6 starting with a +2 ability that makes a dude means barring a kill spell she's sticking around. Nice to know that you'll get value off of your 6 mana.

Bandini

Vraska seems fun. Will try it out in Meren or something.

If this MTG Digital thing ends up dealing MTGO a slow death, I hope they at least let us port our collections over. I'm way too addicted to sell my stuff now and ride it out.

ultron87

Yay Resto! That's my favorite Magic card. Ooh, going with the Promo artwork too. I think I like that better than "hello, I'm an angel, here is my bare leg for no reason". Though the wings on the original art are very nice.

Hero

Hoping Chalices and Vials dodge Iconic reprints in favor of next year's 25th Masters set, need to unload mine still.

Top Bottom