• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

I get my Switch tomorrow and really want to play this since I loved 4U and skipped Generations. I'm hesitant since I feel like it being in Japanese might get frustrating. I will definitely give the demo a shot though.

Juraash

Great hunts guys. Glad I was able to stick around and help get PK to 8. Making real progress to G. And now that Narkarkos is down I can craft the set that is arguably best for GS. Granted... I don't know if it can be upgraded to the G rank version or not, so maybe it's not worth it.

Anyways, was lots of fun, hope to see you guys on again over the week. I'll try not to wake any sleeping monsters next time :/

PKrockin

Heck yes, the G-rank hub has a bunch of songs that cycle. Thanks for helping me rank up again.

DJa-Td7U8AEUpoe.jpg:large

RUN AWAY FROM BABY JHO!

Yeah, great hunts as usual, everyone. Thanks for helping me farm for weapon upgrades.

PK, how are you sharing your screenshots? I uploaded mine to Twitter through the switch, but I only have mobile at the moment, and I don't see a way to link them without it leading back to my profile. I have some I'd love to share, but just the screenshots.

PKrockin

Yeah, great hunts as usual, everyone. Thanks for helping me farm for weapon upgrades.

PK, how are you sharing your screenshots? I uploaded mine to Twitter through the switch, but I only have mobile at the moment, and I don't see a way to link them without it leading back to my profile. I have some I'd love to share, but just the screenshots.
I'm just posting them to Twitter and pasting the image address here. I've made my tweets private, so maybe that's it? I don't know if it's somehow traceable to my Twitter account but I never use it anyway.

On my Android browser in Twitter's website it looks like I can tap and hold the image, open in new tab, and then replace the "?format=jpg" at the end of the URL with ".jpg:large" for what seems like might be slightly higher quality.

edit: looks like you figured it out

Hybris

Damn I need to start remembering to take screenshots.

Also I need to find the camera option to stop adjusting camera height when I target lock. Been super lazy about digging through the menu again, but on some of these big monsters is ruining me (nakarkos mainly)

I passed out as soon as we stopped playing lol, but yeah good games as usual! I know cats got a motion value nerf, but I still feel pretty useful when using them. Think it's time to make sets for a support, bomb and defense cat so I have some variety.

Also I need to find the camera option to stop adjusting camera height when I target lock. Been super lazy about digging through the menu again, but on some of these big monsters is ruining me (nakarkos mainly)

Let me know which option this is cause it's getting on my nerves when I use cat and the height keeps getting adjusted for every dang monster.

luulubuu

capture card + windowed fullscreen on pc
15199040.jpg

Lizardus

I passed out as soon as we stopped playing lol, but yeah good games as usual! I know cats got a motion value nerf, but I still feel pretty useful when using them. Think it's time to make sets for a support, bomb and defense cat so I have some variety.

Let me know which option this is cause it's getting on my nerves when I use cat and the height keeps getting adjusted for every dang monster.

These are from 3DS version but it should be the same for Switch too.

Doombear

It is a tiny bit differen than the 3ds.

Press + while in town and the options menu, as you've probably already figured out, is the 2nd to last on the second page of the list.

The setting you are looking for is the 2nd option on the 3rd page. Set it to Type 2 and the camera will no longer snap to height as well.

Here are a couple other resources for those of you out there with no Japanese language proficiency!

RedmondStache's video guides for importers - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ow4j8rMR2pCONbEU3uPwvHF_K41kw5V

Pretty burly Google Doc with quite a few useful translations - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-0YZ_CrkUdjbOLT8x1TAXpIrKAObnFRhIfghEoIosU/edit

This one is a bit different, and requires you to be able to draw Kanji, but it is pretty great for me and my Note lol - https://mhxx.israelcrisanto.com/

Network Play and House Box - http://imgur.com/a/lvOfo

There are a handful more over on Reddit, most for the Demo though which is a tiny bit different. I'd just search /r/Monsterhunter for anything more specific!

It is a tiny bit differen than the 3ds.

Press + while in town and the options menu, as you've probably already figured out, is the 2nd to last on the second page of the list.

The setting you are looking for is the 2nd option on the 3rd page. Set it to Type 2 and the camera will no longer snap to height as well.

Thanks guys :D

Hybris

Sweet, thanks! I was going to look it up when I got home but you guys saved me some trouble.

ryushe

Damn, Xenoverse 2 needs to be released and soon. I need a game I can grind in ok the Switch and I don't know how long I can withstand not buying this one.

Hybris

Is the charm run from Gen still god-like in this?

I think it was the 6 star coal gathering quest.

I believe there's a DLC quest now for it where you just kill brachy and end via subquest. I don't know which one it is though. Haven't made it to the point where I'm charm farming yet.

Doombear

I believe there's a DLC quest now for it where you just kill brachy and end via subquest. I don't know which one it is though. Haven't made it to the point where I'm charm farming yet.

This is the one you'd want. G Rank DLC quest.

Kill Brachy, end via subquest, swim in charms. (Useless useless charms... but hey, money?)

Juraash

So if any of our regular bunch is looking to play tonight, I'll be on and playing for the next 5 or so hours.

About the only things I'd like to post are my urgent for Diablos (I think) that is presumably one of the remaining gates to G Rank. Also need a drop from HR rathalos to try and bring my weapon more in line. Pretty much open to anything in addition to/ beyond that. I'll check this thread fairly often to see if people are kicking around.

Lizardus

So if any of our regular bunch is looking to play tonight, I'll be on and playing for the next 5 or so hours.

About the only things I'd like to post are my urgent for Diablos (I think) that is presumably one of the remaining gates to G Rank. Also need a drop from HR rathalos to try and bring my weapon more in line. Pretty much open to anything in addition to/ beyond that. I'll check this thread fairly often to see if people are kicking around.

I'll be up in half hour or so.

dadjumper

Started this the other day, and it's the first MonHan I've put a whole lotta time into. Just about done with 2-star village quests and have been doing some online co-op hunts with a friend. Really really enjoying it. I feel like I finally get it. I started with dual blades but have been experimenting with the Switch Axe, Long Sword (?) and the Sword and Shield. I still think I like the DB best because of the speed, but I wish I had a little more range. Is there a quick-ish longer ranged weapon I should be trying? The SA is really cool but the combos are too hard for me to get my head around at the moment.

Unfortunately, I picked a dude and have decided I hate his stupid face. Thinking about transferring my save to 3DS, using a save editor to change my gender, and transferring back. Anyone know any reason why this won't work?

Kinsei

Banned
Started this the other day, and it's the first MonHan I've put a whole lotta time into. Just about done with 2-star village quests and have been doing some online co-op hunts with a friend. Really really enjoying it. I feel like I finally get it. I started with dual blades but have been experimenting with the Switch Axe, Long Sword (?) and the Sword and Shield. I still think I like the DB best because of the speed, but I wish I had a little more range. Is there a quick-ish longer ranged weapon I should be trying? The SA is really cool but the combos are too hard for me to get my head around at the moment.

Unfortunately, I picked a dude and have decided I hate his stupid face. Thinking about transferring my save to 3DS, using a save editor to change my gender, and transferring back. Anyone know any reason why this won't work?

Long sword is the best you're going to get if you want a fast weapon with long range. For ranged weapons the light bowgun is pretty fast.

Where's the room, baby? I don't see you.

I can play right now. I'll help you with your stuff because I need help farming G Shogun Ceanataur, but I've always hated the monster. Whatever helps make it less of a pain... Gotta be HR9, though.

Juraash

Where's the room, baby? I don't see you.

I can play right now. I'll help you with your stuff because I need help farming G Shogun Ceanataur, but I've always hated the monster. Whatever helps make it less of a pain... Gotta be HR9, though.

Lemme finish this chameleos real fast and I'll make the room. I'll edit this post with details :D

dadjumper

Long sword is the best you're going to get if you want a fast weapon with long range. For ranged weapons the light bowgun is pretty fast.

Cheers! Long sword is the big katana looking one, right? There are like three big swords and I don't know the difference yet

Estoc

Can we get a game where Zinorge's set doesn't suck.

There are 3 different end game Zinorge sets in Gen and they all suck.

If you're just in it for the look, you can always merge your equipment, as that's a thing now in XX.

All my headgears will be Kirin R.

Estoc

Totally missed this.

Insect Glaive, I would say, is the fast long range weapon you are looking for, with the white essence up, you would have movement speed on par with light weapons, if you play aerial style, your pole vault would send you flying further(at a lower angle) than usual, you can quickly keep up with any monster charging too far away. It is also a weapon emphasised on fast rapid attacks rather than slow heavy hits.

You will have to learn where to draw your essence, but in general, the part the monster uses to attack the most would be red(ie head), the part the monster uses to move would be white(ie wings and legs), and the harder part of the monster would be orange(ie body/back). There are certain monsters with green essence(healing), but I can't figure out the rules for its location.

Red increases attack power, as well as unlocking better attack animations. White increases movement speed. Orange increases defence. Combining them will grant additional bonuses such as super armour, earplugs, critical up, etc. Upgrading your insect will improve the buffs or even allow your essence to be party-wide, though they would only be getting a dumbed down version of the buffs: Red - attack up, white - critical up, orange - defence up, green - team heal.

For your other question. If I recall, you get to remake your character when you transfer your save, I can't remember if gender is an option though.

Top Bottom