• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
OP, you're missing the future HOFer.

Y7Nv-JGb.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of, the losing coach this Thursday has to be the early season hot seat coach, correct? Both looked terrible week 1 and both have had plenty of time to get the ship pointed into the storm. I don't think either of them get fired midseason, though.

slabrock

Banned
Speaking of, the losing coach this Thursday has to be the early season hot seat coach, correct? Both looked terrible week 1 and both have had plenty of time to get the ship pointed into the storm. I don't think either of them get fired midseason, though.

I'm positive Marvin Lewis has some dirt on the Bengal's owner to have kept his job for so long

Reid with a week and a half to prep for a coach he taught. That ain't gon be good.

Its funny but I think the opposite. Reid really pushed dougie on the Eagles from all accounts. I bet he wont want to embarrass him to much. Once KC gets a decent lead I could totally see Reid call the dogs off.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Marvin Lewis is never leaving. Cincy is stuck with him & Dalton until the heat death of the universe, or the Jets win their division. Whichever comes first.

Hindl

Its funny but I think the opposite. Reid really pushed dougie on the Eagles from all accounts. I bet he wont want to embarrass him to much. Once KC gets a decent lead I could totally see Reid call the dogs off.
It won't be a blowout but it's a pretty easy loss. Even if you ignore the Reid Doug connection, you have the home opener at one of the toughest stadiums in the league, coming off a huge win, Andy has extra days to prepare, the opponent's fast CB got injured, and the opponent's offense is inconsistent and can be turnover prone

Marvin stuck around because despite all the chaos, they were winning and making playoffs

Now they're not, and this year proves last year was no one-year fluke. If he's not gone this offseason, it's simply because he's been given a one year last chance, and 2018 will be his last season period, not just in Cincy

Vixdean

49ers are shitty team, but they have some talent on their defensive line that I expected would give the Panthers some trouble. The new look line handled them with ease in both the run and pass game which bodes well going forward. I also like how our DBs stuck to their man like glue, every single attempt was contested. Should bode well going forward.

McCaffrey showed me a lot too, but he needs to realize that dancing around the backfield isn't going to cut it in the NFL like it did at Stanford. Get past the line of scrimmage then look to make a guy miss.

MechDX

Texans gave up 10 sacks on 36 drop backs? That's disgusting.
Vinnie Ronca @PFF_Vinnie
Other than C Nick Martin (0 pressures), every starting Texans O-lineman surrendered at least 3 pressures vs the Jaguars
5:25 PM - Sep 10, 2017

At least they have a center. Texans just need to put Martin and Watson on the field and open up the Colts secret playbook

coltstrickplay-628x361.jpg

dionysus

Yaldog
Can anyone remember a game that had more wide open uncontested completions than the Vikings did vs. the Saints? That is not an athleticism deficiency, that was bad decisions by the players and poor coaching.

I am about as disappointed as sports can make me right now. I was expecting much better.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
everybody focusing on how awful the texans OL looked but not how good the Jags looked

Getting rid of Gus Bradley will make your team look a lot better. .

MechDX

everybody focusing on how awful the texans OL looked but not how good the Jags looked

Getting rid of Gus Bradley will make your team look a lot better. .

Everyone focusing on the Texans offense (myself included) but the defense got styled on by Blake Fucking Bortles

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
hey guys GUYS, i just read a rumor on BRB about Mech. dont look it up, its so bad, if its true its like the end of mech.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Everyone focusing on the Texans offense (myself included) but the defense got styled on by Blake Fucking Bortles

because the Offense held the ball for 9 fucking minutes in the first half. And they didnt get styled on by bortles he had 125 yards passing. They couldnt slow down Fournette and the run game.

Tom Nook

Let's Do This.

Week 1 (8-7)
Total (8-7)

Week 2

HOU @ CIN
BUF @ CAR
CHI @ TB
MIN @ PIT
ARI @ IND
NE @ NO
CLE @ BAL; upset special
PHI @ KC
TEN @ JAX
NYJ @ OAK
MIA @ LAC
DAL @ DEN
SF @ SEA; F it! I believe
WAS @ LAR
GB @ ATL
DET @ NYG

Meadows

Banned
Really excited to see what the Chargers can do. Once we stopped being nervous and got our shit together we looked good. Let's see how the atmosphere is at home.

OnPoint

Hopefully the Bills can find their way to 2-0 via McDerrmott's secret knowledge of the Panthers playbook. Uncomfortable 8-8 here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom