• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bripe: Coffee on the go with a butane torch and meat thermometer

If you love coffee like me, you've always wanted to sip coffee from a large copper pipe.

ottawa-bripe-coffee-invention.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

Bripe is Turkish coffee(?) on the go. Designed for the hardcore camper that is tired of the complex kettles and other fancy equipment needed to make coffee. Bripe simplifies the coffee making process for when you can't pack an entire espresso machine for your 14 day hike.

Simply place grounds into the base, add water, heat with a goddamn torch while monitoring the temperature and enjoy.

And check out this kit that totally doesn't look awkward at all.

No way this will lead to you getting detained at an airport.

What says you Coffee GAF? Are you going to be baping soon?
Outdoor GAF, does this appeal to you?

https://www.briping.com/

$85!! A good turkish coffee pot is < $15. -_-

And if you are going camping long enough for your coffee cravings to hit, you are going to have some sort of stove/burner anyway.

Chorazin

"Made for the hardcore camper"

Oh fuck you, an Aeropress and titanium cup is like 6 oz. Sure, it's bigger, but you can also use it for other stuff if you wanted. This has one purpose.

Fuck this so hard.

GodofWine

I can totally see people sitting outside on gentrified city blocks, all cooking up their coffee while listening to the Black Keys, and posting it to instagram on a Iphone X. What an Advertisement that would make.

If this is for camping, BRING SOME INSTANT COFFEE YOU FOOL. Its not bad, seriously, its like perfectly average-ish coffee.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
It seems completely impossible to use something like this without looking like the world's biggest douche.

Anyone walking around with this product should expect to be arrested for carrying drug paraphernalia. Good luck convincing a jury this was for "coffee." Disclaimer: Laws vary by state and federal law seems limited to buying/selling said items (disclaimer disclaimer: this is random info off a legal website).

Peccavi

Doesn't seem simpler than bringing a French Press, a moka pot, a pourover, a mason jar to coldbrew in, an aeropress...

I guess this is more convenient than bringing your espresso machine into the wilderness.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd rather not put a metal object that needs to be heated up by a butane torch to use anywhere near my face. This is how you burn your face or singe off your beard.

That's amazing. It's like smoking healthy crack, rich with antioxidants. I'm going to be out in the woods on snowshoes a lot this winter so I definitely see the appeal.

Imagine going on a hike with friends and taking out your traditional wilderness coffee brewing setup, only to have a friend take out their Bripe and make you look like a fucking moron. Worth the risk?

Top Bottom