• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Straley Leaves Naughty Dog

Where do you think Bruce Straley will end up next?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dabi

Had a hunch this was going to happen :(

Thanks for everything Bruce. Can't wait to see what you do next!

snap

Banned
Druckmann memes aside, best of luck to him. It sounds like the toil of AAA gaming has pushed yet another creative talent away.

Wow, I wish him all the best.

If he really was primarily responsible for designing/directing gameplay, I'm really excited to see him use his talents elsewhere. Not feeling the overall direction of ND as of late.

Neoxon

Thanks for everything you did with Naughty Dog, Bruce. We wish you nothing but success in your future endeavors.

After what I read about the burn out going from last of us right into uncharted 4 caused him, I knew it was either he would find a way to do smaller projects within naughty dog itself or would leave for other endeavors.

Good luck in all your future endeavors Bruce!

Boke1879

shit. if i understood correctly, straley was like the gameplay director while druckmann directed story and cutscenes(maybe im way off here)

i hope this doesnt effect tlou2

It had no impact on Lost Legacy. ND will be fine. That studio oozes talent.

He'll be missed, but he'll most likely start his own studio and probably make smaller games. If UC4 burnt him out I doubt he'd dive head deep into a big studio again.

Electret

Damn, that sucks. Count me as another who isn't shocked considering the sabbatical, though.

Time for Shaun Escayg and Kurt Margenau to take the baton. They've earned it with TLL.

Fuck, the last good director of Naughty Dog has left... ND no longer one of my top studios

Bet he didn't like ND's new approach to games turning them more into interactive movies with gameplay last focus

ND was first gameplay since Crash to Jak

Your posts are just...terrible. jesus. You are also making up nonsense, that is not what happened at all.

Honestly expected after reading the Uncharted 4 chapter of Schreier's new (fantastic) book.

Straley's made a lot of sacrifices over the past few years, and he's earned some time to relax and spend time with his family.

chefbags

Fuck, the last good director of Naughty Dog has left... ND no longer one of my top studios

Bet he didn't like ND's new approach to games turning them more into interactive movies with gameplay last focus

Lol wut. Nice slippery slope there.

Actual tears in my eyes. This man and his work have definitely elevated the way I see gaming and what I expect from it going forward.

dugdug

Banned
Dude is responsible for some of the best moments in gaming history. I'm sure he's confident leaving ND in good hands, but, man, *any* team would be lesser in his absence.

Hope he continues to kill it, wherever he goes.

Memento

Just saw it on Facebook :(

End of an era! Thanks for everything Bruce! You directed my favorite game ever!

I wonder if he is going to open a new studio? I will follow whatever he does in any case!

VgXCk.gif

Thanks for co-helming The Last of Us, Bruce! If not for that game, I'd never have applied for Uni.

You're just full of "hot takes," aren't you?

Boke1879

That's a big blow to ND.

Eh. They'll be fine. After LL, and hopefully TLOU2 no one should question if they'll ever be in "trouble".

Whatever culture they promote clearly helps elevate people if needed. He'll be missed, but ND won't suffer for it.

Top Bottom