• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2017 - Summer Ys Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

You guys are going to make me pick up a copy of Guacamelee I don't need.

Oxgxyl9.png

What's the chance?

It always happens.

dex3108

Death of the Outsider pre-load is live. 23.39GB install/20GB download.

Edit: It unlocks first in AU, NZ and Asia at 1am AEST*.
t1505401200z0.png

* Unless Valve's finally fixed the countdown timer, in which case it's 12am AEST.

I am still waiting for my code from Play-Asia. But again i am still playing Prey so XD

Wok

I also dont get how Lichdom Battle Mage is so often in 1$ tiers in bundles. Its not a good game, but also not bad.

Being priced at $1 is not an incredible deal since it only puts the game in the same basket as 7% of the game on Steam. It is not an insignificant percentage. The market is tight.

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f694e5a4241696f2e706e67

Thanks guys gonna try to find the AV possibly causing this issue it sucks because this only started recently.

Hype for CSD2 I really hope it gets out today!

ArjanN

I thought that game always had waypoints?

could be remembering things wrong but I definitely remember using some and this was before the enhanced edition came out

I don't think so unless they added them later. I think not having them was a deliberate choice in that you actually have to pay attention to the writing/story/context in contrast to MMO type design where all the text is just fluff no-one reads and you can just mindlessly follow waypoints to the next spot to farm 50 rare orc scalps or whatever. :p

I'll admit it can make it a little rough if you haven't played for a while though.

Wok

The game is not yet released (impossible to download), but it is purchasable on Humble Store.

An Humble eBook Bundle.

Monooboe

Oh man I want to play D:OS 2 so bad! I even have but installing windows for it feels like a pain.XD

Wonder if when they've had the Kickstarter and gave out beta keys, and having the game in EA somehow hurt the launch of the game? Like there wouldn't be as much fanfare since the game has been available already? Like somehow the hype doesn't build as strongly? Not sure, just wondering out loud.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-B13CA162B2B350BA - Taken by TheGreenArrow

Wok

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hand of the Gods Roman Starter Pack -- MB-C2FE75AA47FF714B - Taken by Wok

Code was already used.

Every couple of years I buy a soccer game and get a solid dozen hours of fun doing nothing but performing dangerous slide tackles and seeing how fast I can get red carded.

How does the physics engine in pes compare to the joy of Fifa?
nh7x9zB.gif

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Every couple of years I buy a soccer game and get a solid dozen hours of fun doing nothing but performing dangerous slide tackles and seeing how fast I can get red carded.

How does the physics engine in pes compare to the joy of Fifa?
nh7x9zB.gif

Sadly you don't get glitches like this on PES :'(

I feel like the point of an RPG rulebook is to have a physical copy with you while you're playing the game.

My group is scattered these days so we use Roll20. I usually have the books on my second screen if I have the digital version. Most of the better ones will be searchable anyway, though Humble books generally aren't. I have Pathfinder, Doctor Who and a few others from them and none of them are searchable IIRC.

Played in some amazing games of 2nd Ed WHFRP back in the day. Absolutely hilarious system, and also brutally unforgiving.

I hope we get a Dark Heresy bundle at some stage now.

AHA-Lambda

I have now come to accept that as much as I want to like them, I just don't find old-school cRPGs fun.

If I hadn't already redeemed it in early access, I'd raffle my D:OS 2 key =/
Sorry Durante D:

gelf

I owned more of these then I realized, so enjoy :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for gelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Renegade Ops Collection -- MB-2E9A27E92F27226B - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-78CF2690F980D3FA - Taken by Mikurden. 17 entrants total.
Sonic Adventure 2 -- MB-570B305FFD55DA8F - Taken by longlivegaming. 3 entrants total.
Sonic Generations Collection -- MB-129BCA1C10F8ED3B - Taken by abelasabel. 8 entrants total.
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-45114CAB81371D6D - Taken by thenexus6. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-1C5D6491F1A2654C - Taken by Orakio Rob. 3 entrants total.

t1505339991z1.png

I have now come to accept that as much as I want to like them, I just don't find old-school cRPGs fun.

If I hadn't already redeemed it in early access, I'd raffle my D:OS 2 key =/
Sorry Durante D:

I'd probably like Baldur's Gate more than I do if I could understand 2.5e. I barely understand how magic works in 5e as it is.

The first Original Sin seems mechanically overwhelming to me, but it also seems like the kind of RPG I would love to take the time to learn.

I just created a thread about this in the Off-topic board, but I'm not getting any replies. Maybe one of you can help me:

I know little about Warhammer, but recently I got addicted to Warhammer Quest on Steam and I would like to learn about the Warhammer Fantasy lore.

So...

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

Any opinions on the books, particularly the 1 Dollar tier? Is the Core Rulebook 2nd Edition worth it? I'm not really interested in playing, I only care about the lore, but I heard it was rebooted recently?

EDIT: In case I decide to play, do I need miniatures and all? This is more of a boardgame, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck Warhammer.

40k is where its at. Accept the darkness into your heart. For the emperor!

'Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. But those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live.'

Uzzy

I just created a thread about this in the Off-topic board, but I'm not getting any replies. Maybe one of you can help me:

If you're only interested in the Warhammer Fantasy lore, then you'll really want more than just the core rulebook from that. There's only 14 pages of lore, though there's a good section on religion in Warhammer Fantasy too. Going up a few tiers would give you a lot more lore for the setting. Or you could search for an old 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles rulebook.

Yes, the setting was recently rebooted, changing it from a rather unique setting with a fantastical take on the Holy Roman Empire, to fantasy 40k, killing most of it's unique selling points in the process especially when just brought in goddamn Sigmarines and gave them all different colour schemes including blue cause they need to stick goddamn SPEES MERHEENS into everything goddamn it all goddamn cunting cunts not giving me a Bretonnia update for a decade then killing the world to stick in FANTASY SPEES MERHEENS... and breath.Thankfully the video games are ignoring that and sticking to the interesting setting. Thankfully.

No, you don't need miniatures to play it. It's a roleplaying game, the game takes place in your imagination. Miniatures can help, especially when it comes to combat encounters, but they aren't necessary.

Monooboe

I'd probably like Baldur's Gate more than I do if I could understand 2.5e. I barely understand how magic works in 5e as it is.

The first Original Sin seems mechanically overwhelming to me, but it also seems like the kind of RPG I would love to take the time to learn.

Yeah I remember being very frustrated with Original Sin over how hard it was, don't know when it clicked with me, think it was when I realised how powerful it was to use elemental things against the enemy, like setting up traps with oil barrels and then blowing them up. And also I remember sending on guy to try and get one or two enemies to follow him into traps. I really liked how creative one could get with the combat, more so than one usually sees in cRPGs.

Arthea

I often get impression many people play Fifa only because of those (intended) glitches, because whenever there is talk about, you get those gifs without a fail.
Talking about that how's PES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom