• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Why were Breezango on 205? Is it a permanent thing?

Nah not permanent. It was just a gag bit where they came out and arrested Drew Gulak for his captain underpants ring gear. They didn't have time to slot them in on Smackdown so they gave them something to do on 205.

Watched Supercard of Honor II last night, that fucking Whitmer/Jacobs cage match was so brutal. A proper feud ender, but also left me going "WHY!?!" for much of it.

BJn3ehL.gif

Also, they showed clips of what still remain two of the craziest spots ever;

AFLkOQy.gif

Jacobs was an absolute madman.

Watched Supercard of Honor II last night, that fucking Whitmer/Jacobs cage match was so brutal. A proper feud ender, but also left me going "WHY!?!" for much of it.

BJn3ehL.gif

Also, they showed clips of what still remain two of the craziest spots ever;

AFLkOQy.gif

Jacobs was an absolute madman.
What fucking idiots. Fucking killing themselves for peanuts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I want to care about some of the matches right now (owens, sasha, braun) but I just don't care to actually put on Smackdown or RAW. Even with Hulu the stuff feels like a slog.

I mostly just watch segments on youtube and reddit and then watch the PPV live.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The idea of a bunch of juggalos showing up to listen to political speeches makes me laugh.

Recall

Wait you guys haven't watched prime era ROH? What the fuck you been doing with your wrestling lives?

2003-2006 ROH is a shit load of fun! Go watch it, go, I'll wait...

Menome

I'm enjoying the lady tournament. And it's fun to think about how far women's wrestling (in WWE) has come in such a short time. Just a few years ago it was god-awful.

I'd just like to state that the "Women's Revolution" segment that kickstarted things after WM31 was the first RAW I watched. Clearly there's a link.

Recall

They have some sort of cheap on demand service? Preferably 9.99

If I could borrow you all my entire ROH DVD collection I would! Every show from beginning until mid 2008...then I stopped caring.

It wasn't perfect but my god did it entertain me greatly during my "I refuse to watch WWE period"

Recall

Glory By Honor V - Night 2 is still one of my favorite wrestling shows of all time.

I have my copy signed by Daniel Bryan and Marufuji :)

I named the UK shows ROH did and they used them for the DVDs - it's the only thing I ever contributed that was like, "hey that's a tiny bit cool" and I'll tell anyone who would listen.

Heroman

Banned
As I haven't seen the segment I imagine bench taking a headbutt and looks Daniel Bryan right in the eyes laughing as Brian looks on angrily.

A) is the first a horrible botch or intended? if its intended, what the FUCK were they thinking?

B) is that a powerbomb...into the crowd? what the FUCK were they thinking?

The first one was a botch, BJ's foot slipped and Jacobs was like "oh, so I'm gonna land outside of the ring...great" *SMACK* amazing he wasn't injured, tbh.

The second one was intended, huge props to BJ for actually clearing the guardrail - they had a good 10 or so ROH students in that part of the crowd who basically acted as a crash mat for both guys. Again, no one was hurt.

But during the final match of the feud, in the final spot no less, Jimmy ended up tearing his ACL;

Ft6GdDF.gif

Recall

I still regard ROH How We Roll as not only the worst ROH show they ever did (it even featured Christian) but the worst DVD cover ever.

Shows that happened from Long Island generally sucked, they were very dependable at being a poor crowd and the wrestlers phoning it in until the next night for the bigger New York show.

So many ROH memories, from the people I met, to the shows watched, to the excitement of caring about the next live show, to being the most banned member on the ROH boards. It was all good fun...excellent fun actually.

Recall

Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies from 2003 has one of my favourite matches from ROH. Homicide vs Steve Corino was fucking brutal and so eye opening at the time, it was violent not in a blood and guts way but two people who really wanted to destroy each other so they did that in a devasting fashion.

Top Bottom