• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Octopath Traveler on Switch 2018, demo on eShop [Up: Surveys sent out]

Plum

Not exactly that infatuated with the JRPG genre but, I must say, that art-style is really enticing. I hope this isn't too 'deep' in terms of systems as I'd love to get in on this if it turns out good.

Rpgmonkey

So it really does seem to be SaGa-inspired. I had a feeling the look of the combat when it was first announced wasn't a coincidence.

Really looking forward to trying the demo.

Not exactly that infatuated with the JRPG genre but, I must say, that art-style is really enticing. I hope this isn't too 'deep' in terms of systems as I'd love to get in on this if it turns out good.
They did describe the battles as "simple pick up and play," so it probably won't be anything too crazy.

Plum

They did describe the battles as "simple pick up and play," so it probably won't be anything too crazy.

Ah, I must have missed that. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, then. Hope the game as a whole is as good as its graphics and music.

jp website updated. 2 new arts
bg_01.png
bg_02.png

ReaperXL7

Is the demo only going to be up on the Jpn shop, or is the US included also? I don't recall this even being announced for a western release yet.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The art for this game is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to play the demo.

This game looks SaGa as hell

I am so excited
WHERE IS THE DEMO

btw when they put the survey up, make sure to fill it out. They put out a couple of demos for Bravely Default before release and they really took player feedback into account. That game really improved dramatically in terms of combat and stuff.
Out of curiosity, what changed with Bravely Default? I only got around to playing it long after release, and wasn't following it back when it was a demo.

Out of curiosity, what changed with Bravely Default? I only got around to playing it long after release, and wasn't following it back when it was a demo.

there's some change from the 5 demo to vanilla version, but the major change is from vanilla to the version that western gets. stuff like 4x battle speed etc.

Kouriozan

Damn I just powered off my Switch because the demo wasn't there yet and people say it's live >.<

EDIT : there it is! Downloading!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it!!! Guess im a buying a Switch in 2018. POT looks great and pure old school SNES JRPG. Lost Sphear, POT and DQXI in 2018 for NA. Just hope all three games are spread out.

ghibli99

Very first impression (handheld):

Music is great
Aesthetic is incredible; the look really works
Gorgeous map in the menu
Character sprites look a little soft/blurry and too small
Fonts seem too small as well
English VO is not good
Can't tell if this is 30fps... or lower

Hopefully they zoom things in just a touch, sharpen it up, bump it up to 60fps, etc. Still lots of time. Will put more time into it later for gameplay impressions.

Playing as Primrose (of course). Amiibo please.

Aeana

Very first impression (handheld):

Music is great
Character sprites look a little soft/blurry and too small
Fonts seem too small as well
English VO is not good
Can't tell if this is 30fps... or lower

Hopefully they zoom things in just a touch, sharpen it up, bump it up to 60fps, etc. Still lots of time. Will put more time into it later for gameplay impressions.

???? So far the only VA I'd say is not so great is Philip (Playing Olberic). I'd go as far to say that it's great.

Top Bottom