• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey bundle announced

MicH

Perfect, wanted a Switch for Odyssey and XB2 and I love the red joy cons. Will absolutely get this one.

jts

...hate me...
This is the ticket for my little brother, whose birthday is 3 days later and loves the Switch.

If he gets it I'll give him Zelda and what a holiday of gaming that would be for him :)

Neonep

Everybody that doesn't have a Switch need to get one now or be on high alert for the bundle if you want that. Come October 27th, the stock is going to dry up real quick.

Maxinas

Despite the price, it will completely sell out. I thought pricedoomsayers crawled back into their caves months ago.

mrmickfran

I don't even want to imagine how many of these are going to sell by Christmas.

200.gif

entremet

I mean with other gaming companies when they do bundles, yes.

Like i got my destiny white ps4 and it came with destiny for the price of a ps4.
Oh sure. Nintendo is a strange bird tho. Plus they’re supply constrained, so why give up that revenue?

I also got a bundled PS4, the Uncharted 4 one. It cost extra due to the game. So first party versus third party? Maybe the marketing contracts with third parties offset the costs?

Really wish there was a game I wanted other than Mario because I'm close to buying into the hype.

EDIT: Also why the fuck am I paying 30 extra dollars for the bundle?

Taker666

It seems way overpriced considering you're essentially paying an extra $80 for a digital copy of the game..plus a bag.

ramparter

Banned
I mean with other gaming companies when they do bundles, yes.

Like i got my destiny white ps4 and it came with destiny for the price of a ps4.
Its not about Nintendo. Switch is selling out no need to discount. They have done discount bundles in the past when they wanted to push the sales.

They just won the holiday season.
Nah. Realistically there could still be shortages if things continue to play out as is. Let's see if it's supply constrained first.

Plus it's not as simple as pairing Mario with the system to beat the other systems. We'll see if they can keep up with the readily available alternatives and if any last minute bundles come out. I feel like MS did something absurd last year like 3 free games or something.

I am surprised that OTHERS are surprised the game is digital. Parents open this and set up to be ready to go for Christmas so kids don't have to wait while servers are hammered( same with MS and PS4) Christmas used to be so rad the Zelda box was open, game in and started while current games sit at 10% installed. I'm old.

rtcn63

1) It will sell like hotcakes

2) Fuck the price and lack of physical cart. They started doing it with the Wii U + SM3D bundle to curb copy reselling or something.

EDIT: Although slightly different since the digital SM3D copy was pre-installed as opposed to receiving a code. You can sell codes. I think.

I don't even want to imagine how many of these are going to sell by Christmas.

I said virtually every single one they make on the first page and I'm gonna stand by that gosh darn it!

For reference what Mario (non Kart/spin-offs) bundles have Nintendo done before? I don't remember any Sunshine, Galaxy or Galaxy 2 bundles which was why I thought there wouldn't be one this time either. Did 3D World get a bundle even? I vaguely recall one here in the U.K. but I may be misremembering.

Top Bottom