• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
View Poll Results: Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?
Yes
638 32.52%
No
105 5.35%
Colossally So
1,219 62.13%
Voters: 1962. You may not vote on this poll

Mr. Pointy
(09-14-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Dead Man Typing

Edit: How many carts? Doom currently takes up 59.1GB on my Xbox One. I'm really interested to see the technical breakdown.

One 32GB cart + everything else on the SD card.
Baraka Obama
Banned
Even though I have new collosus collectors edition pre ordered on ps4 and played the living shit out doom I'm down for both baby.
TheSpaceBetween
MyGoddamnEars
It's a shame they couldn't get Wolfenstein there for launch, and also no Dishonored 2. But at least they are putting fourth some effort.
VariantX

Originally Posted by Neiteio

Samus armor would be fun, but you don't ever really see Doomguy during gameplay.

The armor customization features are for the MP mode.
mephixto
(09-14-2017, 02:32 AM)
Id Tech 6 is such a great engine, I'm very happy for Switch users getting this games.
rockyt
(09-14-2017, 02:32 AM)
Double dipping on Doom. I need that on the go. Will get wolfenstein on the go as well. Hopefully get a fallout on the go as well.
LordKano
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:33 AM)
More people able to kill nazis = best news.
mattwhite924
*Eyes copy of SNES Doom

It's time for insane ports again! :D
JBourne
maybe tomorrow it rains
I need to get a bigger memory card.

HD rumble with the guns in Doom. That could be amazing.
Dizastah
(09-14-2017, 02:34 AM)
That's pretty darn good.
Ludist210
(09-14-2017, 02:34 AM)
Never played either one, and I'll probably get both.
Kilrogg
paid requisite penance
(09-14-2017, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by seady

I think many 3rd party are still scare of releasing 3rd party games on Nintendo platform from the Wii experience. That console sold crazy but was filled with shovelwares and casuals so games didn't sell on it.

It has been shown countless times on this board and elsewhere, with actual data, that the Wii sold a ton of third party software. They might not be games you care about, and many of them might not be high effort, but "games didn't sell on it" is factually wrong regardless.

Also, you yourself are implying that games didn't sell because they were shovelware. In other words, games didn't sell because third parties didn't put their best games or their best teams on Wii projects. Which means you're reasoning in a circular fashion: "3rd parties are scared of releasing Switch games because of poor sales on Wii were due to them being scared of releasing game on that system". In other words: "they're scared because they're scared". Hardly a compelling argument or explanation.

But they need to see the Switch is different though. It is selling super well but unlike the Wii, its success is based on its fantastic hardware (not just gimmicky) and the popular games on it are the hardcore titles like Zelda and Splatoon (not casual Wii Sports). Even those hardcore Indies are selling so well on it.[/QUOTE]
franklyshankly
(09-14-2017, 02:36 AM)

Originally Posted by Undead Fantasy

I rather pass if I need one. At least for single player.

I don't care much for multiplayer. That can be a download.

You're forced to download the mp on other platforms. I will be pretty annoyed if they allow them to be separate on Switch but not others. Deleted Doom from my PC as soon as I beat the campaign once as the file size was just so absurd.
nordique
(09-14-2017, 02:37 AM)
Holy crap

Looked fantastic in trailer too

Wow!!!!

These will be purchased. Been hoping for shooters on the Switch!!!
massoluk
(09-14-2017, 02:38 AM)

Originally Posted by rockyt

Double dipping on Doom. I need that on the go. Will get wolfenstein on the go as well. Hopefully get a fallout on the go as well.

Omg, it slipped from my mind that this game is portable
ChaosXVI
So...since Skyrim got a Link outfit for the protagonist...does that mean Doomguy can get a Samus skin? Because I'll buy it again for that alone.
Air
Banned
Doom looked good, but I'm in it for wofenstein. Looks like Bethesda is all in
Naked Snake
(09-14-2017, 02:39 AM)
Great news! Hope they turn out well.

Edit: Doom this year?? Holy shit
Smiles and Cries
back to my old
nipples and tits
(09-14-2017, 02:40 AM)

I wonder how far into 2018 this game will be?
Plum
(09-14-2017, 02:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

Considering they've only just announced the Skyrim release date, and DOOM is in the next 4 months, I would expect Q1. Doesn't seem like something that's going to take ages to come out.
hughesta
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:41 AM)
I'm not expecting Wolf before E3.
diaspora
(09-14-2017, 02:42 AM)

Originally Posted by ChaosXVI

So...since Skyrim got a Link outfit for the protagonist...does that mean Doomguy can get a Samus skin? Because I'll buy it again for that alone.

an arm cannon at least
Grisby
Neat. Hopefully they're good ports!
ProtomanNeo

Best..idea...ever!
Wamb0wneD

Originally Posted by Colonel Mustard

Wonder what the likelyhood is that ID is developing Metroid Prime 4.

If they are involved I hope they help on the tech side. I like Doom but Prime leveldesign and item interaction is something completely else.

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

Lol at the censored Wolfenstein cover. Ugh. How does shopping from different e shops work...?

Originally Posted by JBourne

Have a 128 GB one and I'm affraid after 2 bethesda games I need a new one lol...
Equanimity
(09-14-2017, 02:43 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSpaceBetween

It's a shame they couldn't get Wolfenstein there for launch, and also no Dishonored 2. But at least they are putting fourth some effort.

Dishonored 2 uses the Arkane's internal Void engine, I doubt a game like that would run well on the Switch.
andthebeatgoeson
(09-14-2017, 02:43 AM)
Have we had a chance to laugh at Cacpcom yet? Because they are fucking clown shoes. 2017. Nintendo and Rockstar and Bethesda with serious support. And Cacpcom has middling support.

But yes, I'll be glad to shoot Nazis, thank you very much.
Mikeside
(09-14-2017, 02:44 AM)
WHAT

YES

YES BOTH
Equanimity

Originally Posted by andthebeatgoeson

Have we had a chance to laugh at Cacpcom yet? Because they are fucking clown shoes. 2017. Nintendo and Rockstar and Bethesda with serious support. And Cacpcom has middling support.

Resident Evil Rev 1 and 2.
GDGF
Soothsayer
Thank you Bethesda for bringing these to the Switch. Now that it's got two huge tentpole FPS on the horizon we should see an uptick in FPS announcements from other third parties and indies who were waiting for someone to prove there is a market.

Nintendo has a perfect partner here.
Scrawnton
(09-14-2017, 02:45 AM)

If you would've told me last year that in 2017 Bethesda was porting Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein to Switch and Capcom wasn't porting Okami Hd Hd I (and I bet most of Gaf) would've laughed you right off the site.

The world is upside down.
gdt
blow in her face and
she'll follow you anywhere
Hey that's legit amazing. I have no desire for it but I'm stoked Doom is coming.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
Oh shit I just realized Wolfenstein is The New Colossus. That's fucking bad ass. Bethesda giving good support to a Nintendo platform is very surprising.

Surprised they didn't pull Fallout though.
Shaanyboi
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:46 AM)

Originally Posted by JBourne

Oh fuck
Ecliptor
So for you experts out there, does the footage look like it is 60 fps?
diaspora

It's a PS3/360 port so lets slow down a bit there. But I agree that Bethesda/id is doing a solid job.
Wamb0wneD

Originally Posted by Scrawnton

If you would've told me last year that in 2017 Bethesda was porting Skyrim, Doom, and Wolfenstein to Switch and Capcom wasn't porting Okami Hd Hd I (and I bet most of Gaf) would've laughed you right off the site.

It's fucking ridiculous. That they don't even get Okami from them is a travesty.
Vulcano's assistant
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:48 AM)
Doom is too early, but wouldn't it be rad if by 2018 Wolf II could come in a 64 GB red cartridge?
plagiarize
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Ecliptor

So for you experts out there, does the footage look like it is 60 fps?

I can't imagine it wouldn't be 60 fps, but all the footage in the direct was 30 fps, even Mario.

Wait for confirmation all the same.
Scrawnton
(09-14-2017, 02:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Wamb0wneD

It's fucking ridiculous. That they don't even get Okami from them is a travesty.

remember when an investor called them out about not supporting the hot new Switch and they said "well of course we are! We got stuff coming" and then proceed to ignore it for even obvious releases.

I always thought Skyrim was like a pity play by Bethesda. Like a "okay lets just crap this out and maybe Nintendo will leave us alone." But then betbeada drops a double bomb today and it's as if they're all in.
How About No
Banned
(09-14-2017, 02:51 AM)
That's awesome, great catches for Nintendo peeps.

Maybe they'll also port The Evil Within and it will run 12fps
patientx
My expectations; 720p on docked smaller on handheld if they are targeting 60fps and no multiplayer at least none on card maybe as an optional later free dlc type thing on eshop. Even then the base single player experience must be bigger then 32gb at least if we cut snapmap and mp. Would they lower texture quality , how on earth would they fit ...
ZeroX03
I've wanted an excuse to play DOOM for quite a while now. Maybe this is it.
Wildo09
(09-14-2017, 02:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Scrawnton

Capcom is clueless.
E_Darkness
(09-14-2017, 02:53 AM)
If Doom is at a constant 60fps, I see no reason to not double dip. This is such a weird surprise but I'm all in on it.
LegitMcfalls
(09-14-2017, 02:54 AM)
Hopefully with this nintendo and bethesda partnership we will get Metroid Prime 4 made by Arcane studios.
Gridlock
(09-14-2017, 02:55 AM)

That!

Would be amazing...
Honorio
(09-14-2017, 02:55 AM)
please put gyro in these games
Spring-Loaded
(09-14-2017, 02:56 AM)
double post
Kirye
Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.
(09-14-2017, 02:56 AM)
Damn Bethesda going all in. Skyrim isn't even out yet but maybe they can sense the hype.

Plus Portable Doom is amazing.