• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

ViciousDS

Banned
I got around 60K VC with the MyLeague method before they "fixed" it but I'm afraid to use it on my character until they fix the randomly deleting players.

Might as well wait before you know what badges truly are on what characters and what they cap at

Otherwise you could be wasting VC as well

Jarate

Banned
I got to 72, which I'm happy with. Still need to grind through the season but now I can probably hit a jump shot at least

The Ummah

Banned
Still not buying a cent of VC, 2K. Nope!

Got my character to a 70 with the glitch, I'm just going to be ass my whole career. I bet they had multiple meetings about how to fix this issue swiftly and without addressing the real issue here. Fuck VC.

So they patched the only way to get vc at an acceptable rate quicker than any of the bugs? Never change 2k.
Glad I got a solid hour out of it, sitting at a 75 rating now which is enough to enjoy the career mode and a much better starting point.

jmizzal

Just did the myleague thing and yeah, can't use it to farm VC.

Nice one 2K.

What happens now when you play the first game? is it just 100 VC?

Also whats your user name I will add you, mine is jmizzal2000 on xbox one

Glad I got my guy up to 80 before the patch

edit:
Yup its 100 VC haha

If you do the save as method you dont get any VC lol, I wonder if they made it you have to play 4 qts

How do I change shoes for NBA games in my career? I can change them for street games but my agent is chewing me out for not wearing my sponsors shoes.

Still not buying a cent of VC, 2K. Nope!

Got my character to a 70 with the glitch, I'm just going to be ass my whole career. I bet they had multiple meetings about how to fix this issue swiftly and without addressing the real issue here. Fuck VC.
Yeah, I lost an honest 71 due to the disappearing MyPlayer glifch. Upgraded my second player, using the League thingy to 76 and have a some nice Nike branded clothes and a cool Thunders hat.

I was actually somewhat considering getting the 75K pack when they fix the disappearing players, as I didn't feel like doing the League grind anymore, but I won't spend a dime on VC anymore, until they make the earnings at least somewhat decent. I'll eat my "too cheap to buy VC losses" on the playground and will enjoy the few wins I have more. Thanks 2K, for proving you're actively trying to be scamming people into buying your virtual ducking coins.

At least make the cutscenes in MyCareer skipable and reward scoring and Teammate Grade more.

I mean 2 coins when I make a shot? At that rate I would have to score 50 two pointers in a match to get my weekly NBA star haircut! Just ridiculous, it would actually be less insultingn if they just plain didn't give any coins for a made shot.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh my fucking lord

How does ANYONE play park. It hitches, freezes, lags and even had it kill my video feed, then when pressing the dash brought video and everything back.

This is fucking shit, please tell me pro am is much better?

I absolutely can't defend or even attack. This was never this bad in past games holy shit

Guys, I think I got a little carried away taking the Kobe mentality.
21559065_1957435207844185_4970864141254005846_n.jpg

cHinzo

Oh my fucking lord

How does ANYONE play park. It hitches, freezes, lags and even had it kill my video feed, then when pressing the dash brought video and everything back.

I absolutely can't defend or even attack. This was never this bad in past games holy shit

Pro-Am is great in terms of latency, but playing defense this year is hot crap.

cHinzo

I mean 2 coins when I make a shot? At that rate I would have to score 50 two pointers in a match to get my weekly NBA star haircut! Just ridiculous, it would actually be less insultingn if they just plain didn't give any coins for a made shot.

I remember when we got VC for accolades. ;__;

Edit: fck double post.

CSX

heard back from a friend that all the "story drama" stuff 2k were promoting for MyGM only happens during the first year. Once you play a 2nd season, it just becomes regular ass MyGM. Lame but shouldn't be too surprised since that's often how the mycareer stuff is too.

Crazyorloco

VC trick still working for me...I haven't had any download to do yet. I'm on the switch. I'm going to just keeping doing it till it blocks me

Edit*
Never mind, it seemed to work only for one last time. 😑 I

Oh my fucking lord

The first couple of days, which I guess were days within the preorder early access window, MyPark ran like butter.

Trying to play yesterday on MyPark I felt like everything was a step behind. In order to hit my particular jump shot, I have to let go of the shot as soon as the meter pops up, but the latency was so great that the bar wouldn't even show up until I had been holding the shoot button for a while. It was a bummer.

jmizzal

This t-shirt thing is annoying I have two really cool shirts but I have no votes

Because 2K highlights the people who already have 100 votes and some have thousands of votes

The have a section for most votes and then recommended both showing the same shirts for people who are already have them on the market, when people reach 100 votes they should be removed from recommended section to let other peoples shirts shine, and just have them on top votes spot its so dumb why does a person who shirts are on the market need so much more exposure.

This t-shirt thing is annoying I have two really cool shirts but I have no votes

Because 2K highlights the people who already have 100 votes and some have thousands of votes

The have a section for most votes and then recommended both showing the same shirts for people who are already have them on the market, when people reach 100 votes they should be removed from recommended section to let other peoples shirts shine, and just have them on top votes spot its so dumb why does a person who shirts are on the market need so much more exposure.

I agree, I have some cool ass shirts that I want to wear. Why can't they just allow us to buy our own shirts without votes? :(

Who here would be interested in being part of an online league?

Preferably...a full 30 man league?

I've got about 10 folks right now, and that's including nobody here.

Pretty please?

FOR PS4

Hi all, 2 questions, hopefully someone can help:

I bought NBA 2K14 digital on PS4 and that was the last one I bought. Of course, a year and a bit later, the online features shut and my MyGM save was effectively wiped. Is there an option to start an offline MyGM save, so I can skip the heartbreak of eventuay losing that save and saving on my console anyway?

Also, regarding the microtransactions, I don't really care about MyPlayer (or whatever), just the GM mode--how badly is that affected?

Thanks for your help.

Hi all, 2 questions, hopefully someone can help:

I bought NBA 2K14 digital on PS4 and that was the last one I bought. Of course, a year and a bit later, the online features shut and my MyGM save was effectively wiped. Is there an option to start an offline MyGM save, so I can skip the heartbreak of eventuay losing that save and saving on my console anyway?

Also, regarding the microtransactions, I don't really care about MyPlayer (or whatever), just the GM mode--how badly is that affected?

Thanks for your help.

You can start an offline one but you'll have to...be offline. There isn't an option to start one while being online either. Idk why lol

MyGM has minimal VC stuff. You can use VC for player morale stuff and training camps but that's it. No big deal.

ron_bato

Who here would be interested in being part of an online league?

Preferably...a full 30 man league?

I've got about 10 folks right now, and that's including nobody here.

Pretty please?

FOR PS4

I'm interested, but I'm in Southeast asia, so sadly not ideal from a timing perspective and probably latency.

But if anyone wants to add me for some games, my PSN ID is ron_bato

VoxPop

heard back from a friend that all the "story drama" stuff 2k were promoting for MyGM only happens during the first year. Once you play a 2nd season, it just becomes regular ass MyGM. Lame but shouldn't be too surprised since that's often how the mycareer stuff is too.

Aw man that really sucks cause I simmed through my first season just so I could get a nice draft pick in the second and was really enjoying the story stuff in between. Gave MyGM much needed life.

Why is this game so fucking hard? I used to play on Superstar in 2K17 comfortably and I'm struggling on Pro/All Star now. Open shots don't go in easily, easy open drives just roll off the rim, computer plays some godlike defense ALL the time, my defensive schemes get all broken up and matchups get botched, I get called on everything as a foul, I miss fucking free throws with Curry ffs when it says 98% up top.

To be fair, I'm playing MyGM mode with all classic team and current teams (teams are STACKED with guys like Marc Gasol in free agency lol). Even so, I'm driving in with superstars and there's already 3 computers on me ready to block or the shot straight up doesn't go in unless its literally perfect. Is it a simple matter of git gud?

cHinzo

Welp just found out my Shot Creator / Slasher build doesn't even get gold posterizer. The one badge they made silver is Posterizer smh.

Welp just found out my Shot Creator / Slasher build doesn't even get gold posterizer. The one badge they made silver is Posterizer smh.

My ankle breaker is only silver too :(

But I don't really think the badge matters since I can't get elite dribble moves anyway lol

Rockeeo

Has anyone purchased custom shoes for NBA games in My Career?

I edited some shoes and saved them. When I went to buy them at Foot Locker, they showed up as the default 2k shoes. If I buy them for 10k, will I receive the correct shoes or the default 2k shoes?

I also bought 3 pairs of the same shoe, but different colors. But, when I play an NBA game, they are always the same color.

If 2k is gonna have microtransactions, they should make sure I am getting the shoes I buy with VC.

My review is now live for NBA 2K18. Before I continue note I've been reviewing the series since 2K13.

TheSixthAxis - 3/10

The score is more of a protest against how bad the grind for VC has got, turning the series from a great basketball experience to a free to play model with a high entry price.

AddiF

So yeah.. I have the Switch version. Played only 2 games in MyLeague season and 2 quick matches. Turned off the system and took it with me to work to play during lunch break.

No internet, save file corrupted. Have to start all over again...

Is it lost or can I somehow regain it? Probably been asked and answered before so pardon me for that.

Has it been patched?

My review is now live for NBA 2K18. Before I continue note I've been reviewing the series since 2K13.

TheSixthAxis - 3/10

The score is more of a protest against how bad the grind for VC has got, turning the series from a great basketball experience to a free to play model with a high entry price.

Interesting. My opinion is if the game plays great, not sure how much the score should be affected by external stuff like VC. The 3/10 seems purpisely evocative but a smidge unfair to use it as so. Just my opinion, though.

But on the other hand, if it really does feel like it affects the game that much to you, so be it.

newsguy

So yeah.. I have the Switch version. Played only 2 games in MyLeague season and 2 quick matches. Turned off the system and took it with me to work to play during lunch break.

No internet, save file corrupted. Have to start all over again...

Is it lost or can I somehow regain it? Probably been asked and answered before so pardon me for that.

Has it been patched?

This happened to me on a flight. It made me remake my player. When I got back on a network my save file was back, but I still had the player I had to recreate

Top Bottom