• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

Real Talk children.

Do I have a right to bring up perhaps going on birth control to my girl? We've been having a lot of unprotected sex lately and its pretty rad. The problem is neither of us really want kids at this moment.

It's one of those things where its her body her right but I also think that we need to be responsible.

When I was going though my issues, one of my friends suguested just nor using a condom. That helped.. but that guy wasn't the best advisor. Not long after we had that conversation he just had his first child. Unplanned.

Real Talk children.

Do I have a right to bring up perhaps going on birth control to my girl? We've been having a lot of unprotected sex lately and its pretty rad. The problem is neither of us really want kids at this moment.

It's one of those things where its her body her right but I also think that we need to be responsible.

When I was going though my issues, one of my friends suguested just nor using a condom. That helped.. but that guy wasn't the best advisor. Not long after we had that conversation he just had his first child. Unplanned.

Holy shit this post. Maybe the original definition of Mama Bird wasn’t wrong.

Yes, you can bring it up. But she can do what she wants. Except you’re both blissfully fucking and you KNOW abortion is off the table for her if she schedules unprotected sex around bible study. You are both so incredibly irresponsible, goddamn.

Real Talk children.

If your life was a movie, you'd have unplanned triplets by the second act.

What's the protocol on messaging a high school crush who you never really talked to? On Facebook

Seems like a good idea at first, especially when you're getting all nostalgic, but you two likely stopped talking for a reason.

Wait, you haven't talked to her since high school, or you never really talked to period? If it's the latter, don't.

Holy shit this post. Maybe the original definition of Mama Bird wasn’t wrong.

Yes, you can bring it up. But she can do what she wants. Except you’re both blissfully fucking and you KNOW abortion is off the table for her if she schedules unprotected sex around bible study. You are both so incredibly irresponsible, goddamn.

Real Talk children.

Wait wait unprotected sex with a religious girl who is against abortion...

giphy.gif

zchen

Match.com is a weird site. No one seems to read messages at all, and I guess a lot of girls just have free accounts? For what, just to see how many guys check you out? Been trying out a couple paid sites, and it's not particularly worth writing home about.

shame, I've always wondered about the pay sites. Is E-Harmony any different? friend of friend said he met his wife there.

shame, I've always wondered about the pay sites. Is E-Harmony any different? friend of friend said he met his wife there.

Haven't tried eHarmony. This year is the first time I've tried a paid site outside of (ugh) shaadi.com which I only did to make my mother happy, I'll have you know.

Xun

Real Talk children.

Come on man, what the hell?

GAF I think I have a weird subconscious 6th sense for ladies with kids. Like it does not bother me one bit since I've yet to have a serious relationship or encounter with one, just flings/having fun. But like every lady I think is attractive, cute, great body, good personality, ect. end up finding out they have kids.

Maybe its just my area and age group that is like... all single moms or something. Me and my friends were talking about a pretty lady I knew and her friend was like "oh shes 25, and has 2 kids" everyone had the wtf look because it doesn't show at all haha.

And I think the lady I've been talking to recently has a kid as well but I have not brought it up myself. It does not technically bother me like I said, but im seriously 8 for 10 when it comes to talking to ladies and them having kids.

jdstorm

Banned
Actually... I need your advice. I remember you talking about this. It’s kinda similar.

The girl I’m dating (I guess we’re at that point...) is religious. I’m not. I’m interested in the sociological, anthropological, literary/cultural, and archaeological impacts of religion. I’m cool with being a good person and helping others. But I don’t go to church and don’t “believe.”

How do you manage that? How does it impact any long-term decisions?

Thats really tough man. Short answer. It depends how religious she actuall is.

If she's once or twice a year Cultural Religious just think of Church as an akward mandatory family gathering. Maybe get a bit drunk/Tipsy, its only a few hours.

If She's seriously religious its very messy.

Can you deal with the idea of knowing that your partner believes you will spend eternity burning in hell. Seriously its not a joke for religious people. Its 100% a core belief. That belief will create a lot of unintended heartache.

Beyond that if it gets serious you have the "Should our Kids be religious or not" keeping in mind if she is seriously religious asking her not to raise her kids in that manner is the same as asking her to knowingly have a kid that will have 0 chance at going to Heaven.

Sorry about getting so intense. Just trying to give you a picture from her side.

Ultimately just leave the ball in her court and see how she handles it.

Mory Dunz

Good news is that the used one was still in the garbage. But the new ones are definitely gone. I fucking put those things on top of my fridge behind everything. Shes not even tall enough to see that high. She had to actually look for them. This has never happened before, I'm definitely wierded out a little by it. It makes no sense.

But she cancelled for tonight and rescheduled for tomorrow which is good because I have shit to do today.

When she comes over Imma be like "where those condoms!?" And then count them and be like "Theres one missing!! What the fuck!?!?"

Pro tip: you can do the whole shrug emoji if you type in 2 backslashes for the left arm.

wait, hold on.

Someone 90% likely stole something from you....and you're lettting them back into your house?

I see I'm the only one saying this, maybe my red flags are way different than everyone else's. That mindset is scary regardless of what was taken.

NateDrake

Real Talk children.

You probably shouldn't be having sex if this type of thing is an issue.

jwk94

Real Talk children.

Don't mean to intrude, but how did y'all start having unprotected sex without first discussing birth control or something?

Does Tinder really work and can help you to find someone? Getting zero matches so far...
It can work just gotta be diligent. In my experience, if you're a guy, it'll be hard, but somewhat doable. I only ever get matches on super likes, so I have Tinder plus (and gold now). After that, it's just a matter of finding someone who brings stuff to the conversation. If it's just me asking questions and that kinda stuff, I usually unmatch and go back to looking. My friend's brother met his wife on Tinder, so it's certainly doable.

Anytime I feel bad about my dating life or inability to solve complex issues, I look to Mega to make myself feel better. Fuckin hell mate.

Does Tinder really work and can help you to find someone?

Yes.

I've gotten like 20 convos and 4 dates out of it in like 2 weeks of actually trying. Have good pics, have a decent bio, be confident and be realistic. Like, I don't waste my swipes on girls who say they're "models" or "want my sugar daddy to spoil me, I'm your princess big papa 🍆🤤" and shit because I know it'll be a colossal waste of time lmao. I'm currently having a short break to spend more time working on my studies, fitness, fashion and hobbies though.

FyreWulff

Oh for sure. I have a therapist. I see them sometimes if I need to. Its not the sole reason I drink and play vids but they are a good distraction for when I'm alone and feeling down. I wont sit there and get drunk alone but I'll go out and drink and have fun. Therapy helped me understand my problems. Same with the psychiatrist. I got the meds I needed at the time. But they never cured me. They just helped show me the way to not let those feelings control my life.

I have my days but I am feeling pretty good lately. I am just saying that I understand how that can feel.

If you kept drinking while taking meds, you pretty much cancelled out the meds.

Just FYI. Don't use alcohol to self-medicate.

If you kept drinking while taking meds, you pretty much cancelled out the meds.

Just FYI. Don't use alcohol to self-medicate.
Just to clairify. I wasnt drinking when taking any meds. I've been off any meds for a while now. And I was only on Lorazepam to help manage my anxiety/panic attacks.

Ive only been drinking hard for a few months. Well its kind of a cycle. Im sober for years at a time and in relationships then the times I find myself single I like to party like a rockstar and be promiscuous.

My relationships have done more damage to my mental health than any drugs I've done or booze I've drank. Well I'm sure they all have contributed. The party lifesyle isnt exactly fulfilling but it has its perks.

I'll live. For a while anyway. I'm pretty healthy for someone who likes to party so much. I balance it out with good diet and exercise lol. Plus this never last too long. Been here, done this.

I had a shitty year. I lost everything, got super depressed then almost died. When I bounced back I just felt like living a little. I just got a little carried away is all. Im good. Just had a wild summer.

Does Tinder really work and can help you to find someone? Getting zero matches so far...

Ditto what others said. Good pictures, info in the profile, as well as location. Mostly the later.

In my area Tinder does not work. It's just how it is. Too few people use it, the ones who do rarely check it/remember they have it, or in worse case(most) use it like a "make friends app" with many profiles saying they have bf's and what not which is odd. It might be a different description of the app in this language. Recently it's been taken over with fake accounts so I deleted it.

I only break it out in major cities when traveling for a laugh but I've gotten some hits.

Paid dating SNS, that require all sexes to pay I should add, tend to be better for serious dating or meeting people.

Xun

Hey friends, recently got into Tind/CMC/and OK and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me pointers for the profiles/pictures. I'd prefer to keep it through PM for the sake of privacy. Posted this originally in Online Dating and was recommended to post it here as well.
I'm not sure how much I can help, but feel free to PM them over.

Truth is, it almost doesn't even matter what your first message is (considering it isn't offensive)

If she's interested she will respond or message you first.
I always feel you need to stand out a bit from the crowd, but maybe the profile/pics are enough?

I usually send gifs (mostly the hey girl dog), but I'm not sure if that's hurting my chances...

Why a winking puppy with pink wings has anything other than a 100% success rate is beyond me.

So I had those 3 dates over the past weekend.

Friday night date was awesome, and it was a second date. I really felt like there could be something there, but then she texted me yesterday that she didn't think we'd work romantically. It really bummed me out, since I thought we were really clicking. I've been trying to go over it in my mind and seeing if I fucked up somehow, but I think I just have to chalk this one up to her not feeling it for reasons beyond my control. Her text message was very kind though, and wished me the best of luck with my career stuff. Rats.

Second date was a coffee date, 1st date. It went fine, but I wasn't feeling any real attraction. It was a fun conversation at least.

Third date was this girl I've already been on a few dates with. We had a ton of adult fun time, but we haven't committed to anything serious yet, and I'm okay with that. I'll just see if it progresses to stronger feelings of romance. It might be just sex to her, which is okay too.

Already setting up dates for next weekend. Looks like I might have at least 2 first dates lined up - probably finalize plans in the next couple of days.

Hrothgar

Real Talk children.

'Real Children Talk' you mean?

I would live in a state of constant fear if I even had unprotected sex with a partner once while she was not on the pill.

mega are you a real person?

I'm starting to question this lmao

On a personal note, I had a pretty bad day today. Fought with family, hated work etc. Having to go home without someone waiting for me, excluding my dog, kind of just really bummed me out. It somewhat reminded me of why I want to meet someone, but I can't help but feel like it's selfish of me to want a partner so that the loneliness is abated. That is in no way the primary reason I want to meet someone, but... I don't know, today just wasn't great and I can't get my head straight haha.

Most of my mates are so busy with their relationships these days, I haven't seen some of them for months. It's crushing.

Djostikk

I was chatting with one girl from college. Things were going pretty good and I decided to invite her to the cinema, but she said she is busy with all this college stuff and studying. This is actually an odd thing because it's only the beginning of study year and I don't think there are a lot to do right now. Seems like she just doesn't have interest, well then, now I'm depressed.

anaslexy

I was chatting with one girl from college. Things were going pretty good and I decided to invite her to the cinema, but she said she is busy with all this college stuff and studying. This is actually an odd thing because it's only the beginning of study year and I don't think there are a lot to do right now. Seems like she just doesn't have interest, well then, now I'm depressed.

Install Tinder and don't worry about rejection. Its best to move on and pursue others. You'll be thanking yourself for doing it.

Llyranor

Real Talk children.

You've been watching too many impregnation animes

Solo

I can't figure out if Mega is a joke poster or just dumb. First it was a joint bank account after 2 dates. Then mama birding. Now it's happy father's day.

Top Bottom