• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 |OT| "Something not quite right"

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
]It looks quite a bit more like TLOU then something like RE, but I don't find it offputting[/B], I find the game/control improvements welcome. Might lose some points with people because it's switched from grimy spooky villages and mansions to a small town in the middle of crisis.

Hype mildly deflated as I absolutely loathed TLoU. Will still buy day 1.

TheMoon

1xeph3.jpg

doing this right now. already missed half of chapter 4 for doing the usual "do not go where game directs you but explore the other direction first" thing XD

Hype mildly deflated as I absolutely loathed TLoU. Will still buy day 1.

IPgame2 looks more like IPgame1 than differentIPgame mildly deflates your hype? what were you expecting?

edit: misread

Can anybody says something about the PS4 version in terms of:

- Pro support
- Framerate
- Resolution

I'm not playing a 1080p/30 FPS game in 2017. If the pro version doesn't feature 1440p/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS, I'll go PC.

kc44135

First early review I've found: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhFemVtapQ

No idea who the guy is, never heard of him before. He just seems like some guy who got the game early, and he also seems a bit biased towards this franchise, so yeah, perhaps it's best to take this with a grain of salt, but... he loved the game, and gave it a
9/10
. Decent review that seemed to go into everything in a fair amount of detail, but with no major spoilers.

nOoblet16

I didn't like the reveal that the whole thing was just in the head through some inception dream machine. It kind of watered down the premise for me in the first game knowing that none of it is was real and was in the head. Made me lose interest to continue till the end. Had the story made it clear from the start that it's a dream machine (like Inception did) I'd have been better prepared and not disappointed by the premise as it wouldn't have blindsided me the way it did in the first game. Which is why I'm now looking forward to the 2nd game since I know from the start that it's a dream world.

kc44135

Can anybody says something about the PS4 version in terms of:

- Pro support
- Framerate
- Resolution

I'm not playing a 1080p/30 FPS game in 2017. If the pro version doesn't feature 1440p/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS, I'll go PC.

No confirmation of any PRO support yet.

Most hyped game of the year for me tbh. The first one is one of my top 3 games of the gen, rough edges and all, so I’m very curious to see how the changes to the formula an art direction will feel on the whole. I’m hoping it’ll at least be as good as the first one, but topping Mikami is no easy task.

22366365_10159380832370632_7651253432072959684_n.jpg

Chapter 3 so far..... I’m doing everything while progressing the story missions.

The first TEW was an average game for me, not memorable.

But this..... oh guys, this is a HUGE step forward from the first game, it’s seriously a HQ survivor horror game.

Everything is an upgrade... the only thing that bothers me is the stupid awful character movement animations... one of the worst I’ve seen.

Other than that... this game is freaking great and exceeded my expectations and it feels much more like a complete package of a game :)

Jacob4815

Chapter 3 so far..... I'm doing everything while progressing the story missions.

But this..... oh guys, this is a HUGE step forward from the first game, it's seriously a HQ survivor horror game.

Everything is an upgrade... the only thing that bothers me is the stupid awful character movement animations... one of the worst I've seen.

Other than that... this game is freaking great and exceeded my expectations and it feels much more like a complete package of a game :)

PRO or regular PS4 version?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member

Chapter 3 so far..... I'm doing everything while progressing the story missions.

But this..... oh guys, this is a HUGE step forward from the first game, it's seriously a HQ survivor horror game.

Everything is an upgrade... the only thing that bothers me is the stupid awful character movement animations... one of the worst I've seen.

It can't possibly be worse than in the TEW1, can it?

Aside from that, thanks for the info. My shop shipped my copy today so I should have it by tomorrow. Will hold it back until Saturday evening though and then jump in after my gym training. Can't wait.

strafer

Chapter 3 so far..... I’m doing everything while progressing the story missions.

But this..... oh guys, this is a HUGE step forward from the first game, it’s seriously a HQ survivor horror game.

Everything is an upgrade... the only thing that bothers me is the stupid awful character movement animations... one of the worst I’ve seen.

Ugh, that's sad to hear, I really disliked the character movement in the first game.

=e617d1262b1f567100b0b2490e8e8be3&oe=5A3D99AF

Why didn't you care for the first game? That would help me understand what you feel are improvements.

PRO or regular PS4 version?
My console is Pro but did they mention if the game support the pro?
It’s Copy & Paste from the first game -_-“
Ugh, that's sad to hear, I really disliked the character movement in the first game.
I have no idea why they didn’t change it... it’s very uncomfortable and awkward :/

Other than that... the game is a very solid survival horror game ;-)

Edit:
Why didn't you care for the first game? That would help me understand what you feel are improvements.
Everything about it felt average... and some of the forced action chapters.

But this... everything about it ( aside from the animation movement of course ) screams High Quality!

sphinx

the piano man
Aren't people streaming the game though? Surely somebody would know? I could tell 60 FPS at an instant.

at this point I have to wonder whether sony asked reviewers to kindly avoid any PRO comments.

it's been asked a ton of times in the differents thread, we have reviewers in those threads posting and and they just ignore the questions. what's going on?

kc44135

Most hyped game of the year for me tbh. The first one is one of my top 3 games of the gen, rough edges and all, so I’m very curious to see how the changes to the formula an art direction will feel on the whole. I’m hoping it’ll at least be as good as the first one, but topping Mikami is no easy task.
I'm hyped too, but also admittedly a bit nervous about the new director (the DLC's were just OK for me) and some of the changes made to the formula (open-world sections, side quests, no matches, etc.), but still hopeful that this will be a great followup.

Awesome! :)

Aside from that, thanks for the info. My shop shipped my copy today so I should have it by tomorrow. Will hold it back until Saturday evening though and then jump in after my gym training. Can't wait.

They do indeed look quite bad from what I've seen.

kc44135

Aren't people streaming the game though? Surely somebody would know? I could tell 60 FPS at an instant.

The streams I've seen were all for X1 and PC so far. All I know for sure is that the back of the box doesn't list PRO support, but the official PlayStation website does, so Idk.

Could you tell if it was 60fps?

I mentioned a few days ago that i've seen a running animation that is easily worse than the first game, Sebastian looks behind himself whilst running and the movements look really arkward with legs like the pumpkin king and a twisting head like the exorcist.
I was hoping it was just from that section of the game or an old build but maybe not.

I'm pleased to hear everything else is improved though.

m00h

Banned
The story is so cheezy that I don't know if I should give that game a try. I watched the first hour of gameplay, and I had a constant facepalm. I just can't handle that watered down story bullshit anymore.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Amazon promising release day delivery. The last time they failed to get a game to me on release I got a month free of prime.

Having no art book sucks this time around.

Nice OT btw

FiveSide

Banned
Here we go! Nier, Zelda, Resident Evil 7, so many games overperformed my expectations in 2017. I'm cautiously optimistic about EW2, so hopefully it similarly overperforms and we have a genre masterpiece on our hands.

Top Bottom