• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

Hasney

dean-ambrose-gif-18.gif

Just_one

LOL loved the OT. is Neville really out?

About 2K18 , i will probably buy it on sale.

i usually WWE games every 2 years , last one was 2K16 so...

Amazing OT. I'd love to jump back into a WWE game as it's been years since I properly played one. There's always so many reasons not to though. Mainly Yukes.

Hasney

maybe MyCareer won't be a shitty grind this year

A9SPGmt.gif

Without snark, I honestly believe the career mode changes with backstage free-roaming and the like could fix it. They have the multiplayer career end-game which likely will be a shitty grind, but I'm hoping by adding that,t hey remove the grind from the normal career and just make it a 10-20 hour thing or whatever.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can’t believe how unrealistic this game is. The picture in the OP shows Shane actually connecting with a punch.

Hasney

I can’t believe how unrealistic this game is. The picture in the OP shows Shane actually connecting with a punch.

According to Jericho on his podcast, Shane actually does lay those punches in. They look like shit, but he actually hits them, which is double lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
According to Jericho on his podcast, Shane actually does lay those punches in. They look like shit, but he actually hits them, which is double lol.

What? How? Every clip I have seen he doesn’t even come close! That has to be Jericho ribbing people.

Shauni

Jesus Christ at some of those screenshots. I know these games are never Lookers and only have slight improvement game to game, but damn

I remember Bret Hart on a podcast describing Shane’s punches like he was picking lint off someone’s shirt, maybe because he’s the bosses son no one has the guts to tell him how bad it looks

Hasney

I remember Bret Hart on a podcast describing Shanes punches like he was picking lint off someone’s shirt, maybe because he’s the bosses son no one has the guts to tell him how bad it looks

Jericho said in the same podcast that when Shane was tagged in at Survivor Series he's like a ball of energy and just does everything fast, so he hit a couple of punches on him, then that back elbow hit Jericho pretty square and it hurt, so Jericho put him on the mat hard and told him to slow it down.

Weirdly, the crowd pops for it when he starts them though. Even if it does look bad, they probably just think "Well this half-filled arena is into it so I'll keep doing it".

Getting the game tomorrow once it arrives, so I'm hoping that the MyCareer stuff has been improved. Universe Mode can be a laugh sometimes too.

shanafan

The OP delivers. Absolutely love the pic of Roman with all the belts. I hope that is how Wrestlemania 34 ends.

Valkrai

I'll pick it up when 2K remembers to release it for Switch. It's not as bad as GAF says but now that there's a new Fire Pro...

Effect

Question. Has there been any word in the past about how okay WWE is with the presentation of these games? Do they simply not care about the quality as long as they sell?

Zetaero757

Neo Member
Question. Has there been any word in the past about how okay WWE is with the presentation of these games? Do they simply not care about the quality as long as they sell?
They are the ones that picked Yukes not 2k.... i think thats kinda all we need to know about that.

Top Bottom