• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d think it’s more about turnout than anything. If I were a betting man I’d say a lot of the Democrats who didn’t turn up in 2010 or 2014 felt fine about Obama but didn’t care for Pelosi.

There’s no loyalty to Ryan, only Trump. And if Trump’s not on the ballot, who cares?

If I’m being realistic?

2018 - NV, AZ
2020 - CO, ME, NC, GA, MT, AK, IA

Even including those last four may be too optimistic, but I think they’ll all be some degree of competitive. Either way I could see next PresiDem coming in with a 55-seat majority in 2020 if we don’t lose any incumbent races (tough ask in 2018, pretty easy in 2020). Likewise, I don’t think even a bad 2022 midterm would put much of a dent in such a majority - Cortez-Masto is our only vulnerable incumbent, and she might be sufficiently entrenched by then.

If I’m going kookoo bananas with optimism, maybe add KY, LA to 2020 and TX or TN to 2018.
Hassan would be vulnerable too.

studyguy

Kelly is literally trying to herd cats here kicking out few sources of headaches from the administration but the root source is still Trump himself. No amount of wrangling is going to stop him from blasting a hole in his foot every chance he gets.

Oh my God.

eNp1rRt.jpg

It's real.

More phonebanking for Northam

Both VA Dems and Northam sent me to the same House District - 94, which is for Shelly Simonds. Not sure if it's a coincidence. In Newport News, a lean-Dem district that Hillary won.

Northam's campaign had a really good list. Talked to a lot of people who were lean-Dems but don't really vote or Independents who really weren't sure who to vote for (by a lot, I mean like, 7 or 8).

VA Dems list was sort of a disaster. A ton of Republicans, lots of people who said they would NEVER vote Democratic (why am I getting these people?) and two people who yelled at me about statues. So, there's that.

Gonna do it again for an hour tomorrow.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Peter Sullivan‏ @PeterSullivan4

Rand Paul says he wants "nobody" in individual market. Everybody in group market

I will never understand this man.

I feel like we should look at all of Trump's old tweets, assume the opposite will happen, and then use it to predict the future and make some money.

why is the chief of staff giving the press briefing

He read the story about Mattie and Kelly sticking around to keep him from nuking a country and the speculation on how they would try to stop him from doing so. He forces people to do a shame TV interview or be fired. Same thing happened when the tillerson "moron" story cameout.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I will never understand this man.

So does Rand Paul support a public option?

I mean, if he wants some wierd free market frankenstein, maybe have a Public Option, but have the ability for employers to offer their own Health Care plans, and allow the employers then to get waivers to paying into the public option (Since a large company of "Able" workers could possibly negotiate a cheaper insurance plan than the price per person in an public option). Could undermine a public option, but if we are going for an optimistic outlook, it could apply downward market pressure for pricing, since the public option would operate as a cost ceiling.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So I don't know why I jumped in but anyway a friend posted about this incident at a Lakers preseason game.
http://abc7.com/2-lakers-fans-say-they-were-assaulted-after-anthem-protest/2516199/

Then mostly white people came to defense of the girl with the defense being the 2 people of color were bad mouthing the military. In which case every article I've seen the only thing mentioned were the 2 people of color just sat for the anthem.

Or I kept hearing the media is biased and we don't know the whole story they shouldn't be punished or shamed for their actions. We agree it was wrong but don't take it out on their girls. Then of course screaming this wasn't about race stop talking about race. And if you look online multiple articles cite the girl's racist online activity with screenshots including being proud of going to a racist party or saying the N word(a) multiple times. But apparently we don't know the whole story yet.

Then most people of color seem including me say no it was about race this is racist. Otherwise all the defenders are ignoring it or saying it's not about race this has been taken out of proportion. Sigh...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Matt Fuller‏Verified account @MEPFuller

Puerto Rico aid passes 353-69 with all no votes coming from Republicans.

Does anyone know where to get this list? I need to see who voted against this.

More phonebanking for Northam

Both VA Dems and Northam sent me to the same House District - 94, which is for Shelly Simonds. Not sure if it's a coincidence. In Newport News, a lean-Dem district that Hillary won.

Northam's campaign had a really good list. Talked to a lot of people who were lean-Dems but don't really vote or Independents who really weren't sure who to vote for (by a lot, I mean like, 7 or 8).

VA Dems list was sort of a disaster. A ton of Republicans, lots of people who said they would NEVER vote Democratic (why am I getting these people?) and two people who yelled at me about statues. So, there's that.

Gonna do it again for an hour tomorrow.
Angie Craig’s campaign was the same (with the VA Dems having a shitty list) and it was really frustrating. Iirc they coordinated directly with the Clinton campaign and you all remember how that worked out. Plenty of Strong R/Likely Rs.

Saw Trump is going to stump for Gillespie. Yes, make this a proxy battle between Obama and Trump. that’ll work

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
An as an aside, in Generation I it's off-handedly mentioned that Team Rocket has a Russian base in Tiksi.

That's interesting.

I don't like to be a conspiracy theorist, but on the day of the election Pokemon Sun and Moon leaked on the Internet. Now I went out and voted, but as a huge Pokemon fan the rest of the day I was pretty much glued to my screen learning about all the new shit, so I do wonder if it a partial effort to keep more younger kids at home and away from the polls.

A de Leon v Feinstein senate race and Newsom v Villaraigosa governor race would effectively wipe out the Republican Party from California.
Yeah I think Democrats would blow past the 2/3rds requirement in the state legislature and pick up the 7 Clinton House seats. That’s already almost a third of the way there!

Dems should really take advantage of having such a population rich state all to themselves. Republicans get to do their awful pet projects on states like Kentucky. Dems should take more advantage of having California.

Wilsongt

Dems should really take advantage of having such a population rich state all to themselves. Republicans get to do their awful pet projects on states like Kentucky. Dems should take more advantage of having California.

They are.

I play FFXIV with someone from Bakersfield, CA, and you'd think everything Brown did was the work of satan, though. They also hated Obama.

Then again, it's Bakersfield...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom