• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Ryan_MSF

Jensoo too OP

tumblr_oxavi7dgi91sxpjiro2_400.gif

I'm on board with this

5222488e78b712ed308de56e2fd08296139c26cd_hq.gif

No No Eul

·feist·;251599988 said:
Heh, that should have been obvious but I had my serious reply hat on tight. That part of my brain may have simply wanted to display how it can differentiate between the various members of WJSN48.

I know the feeling. :D

·feist·;251599988 said:

I've been enjoying Reply Girls' Generation 1979 quite a bit. I guess it's a fairly run-of-the-mill story but the pre-democracy setting elevates the whole thing.

Niiice.

Yes Zoobeater Sound, more specifically Nassun and Bigtone, posted about A.C.E's comeback. Can't wait for another superior production. I was half fearing this would be a halfassed comeback for Halloween because they were teasing with an orange color pattern at first. Also two of the members are on The Unit.

Also there's this new The Unit teaser that shows a bunch of idols (which I guess passed the audition). Can you spot your faves??

Boss Mog

I wonder if SM is going to pull what they pulled with Jessica and try to make it as though Fany, Seohyun and Sooyoung were never part of the group and try to erase them wherever they can. I wasn't a huge Jessica fan but the way SM treated her was disgusting. No matter how things ended, she still put 7 years into SNSD, more if you count training.

But seriously, they might as well rename themselves SNSD-SHYTY because it'll be quite shitty if they try to perform all the old songs with just the 5 of them.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT8| Actually it's OT5 now

Boss★Moogle;251725874 said:
I wonder if SM is going to pull what they pulled with Jessica and try to make it as though Fany, Seohyun and Sooyoung were never part of the group and try to erase them wherever they can. I wasn't a huge Jessica fan but the way SM treated her was disgusting. No matter how things ended, she still put 7 years into SNSD, more if you count training.

But seriously, they might as well rename themselves SNSD-SHYTY because it'll be quite shitty if they try to perform all the old songs with just the 5 of them.

The way SM treated her? Sica threw all the shit in the fan to save her ass and people still blame SM and OT8? LMAO.

Stop comparing this situation with anything related to her, it's beyond retarded, it's nothing like it.

At this point, after all SNSD has been through, the only reason they will disband is if one of them gets married.

PInk Tape

Banned
It's been three days but I'm still sad about SNSD :(

I'm glad that the ladies chose this for themselves and I only wish them all the best.
Reading about all of Seo's missed acting opportunities makes me think that she chose the best thing for herself. Like wth were you thinking SM? >.>

·feist·;251350601 said:
To be expected, really. Lay has been a top tier dancer since day one.

Shame he has no interest in performing with Exo.

And Exo's worse off without him tbh.

[M/V] NU'EST W(뉴이스트 W) - WHERE YOU AT
This is so damn good. The jump from Pledis basement limbo to this big budget comeback has to be the biggest popularity jump since EXID's Up & Down. I wonder how close to disbandment they were some months ago.

In general, Pledis is on a roll, and is up there with the big three, with 3 moderately popular groups in active.

TRCNG - Spectrum M/V
TS, in the other hand, have lost the plot with this BTS retread.

1.) The song is great but omg the setpieces and use of color in that MV is amazing. Who would have thought Pledis, of all companies, would have all this momentum with their groups.

2.) Yeah, you'd think they'd want their group to stand out but *sigh* You could have done so many interesting things production and concept wise. When I think Spectrum, I think space so why not have a spacey sounding song with some modern touches to it.

I'm tired of this concept and sound when it comes to boy groups :/

^Cube still shitty confirmed.

Where's the 4Minute bot when you need him?

Seems like Doyeon was busy doing other activities.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, almost got me there again dammit.

Thanks to r/KpopGFYs I've recently become a fan of Pinky, and man... if Doyeon was in Pristin instead, I'd consider SNSD disbanding as the sacrifice to the gods for Pristin to exist.

But nope, that isn't the case so idek.

We need an IOI reunion stat.

Boss★Moogle;251725874 said:

Heh, SHYTY... I see what u did thar.

I gotta agree though. Losing Sica was a huge loss for me but somebody could easily cover her parts so it didn't feel like a huge loss in terms of perfomances, but with Seobot and Fany out... no one else can sing as stable as Seohyun and nobody else can replace the screechy/struggling vocals of Fany. Taeng is obviously a great singer, but Sunny's only good, and the other 3... lmao they can hold a note so they've got that going for them at least.

Proof that goddesses aren't infallible:

0ipjaOGh.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaDfnovHvJM/?hl=en&taken-by=miyayeah

Continuing on from Instagram content...

I was watching Kate Kim's livestream as she's walking around her hotel in Jeju and she's answering questions from peeps and all that, then some poor sad schmuck comes in and asks her if she has a boyfriend and then asks her what she's looking for in a guy.

@__________@

Like I get that you'll always miss the shots you don't take, but damn bruh... you just look foolish doing that especially in social media lol.

llehuty

핫펠트(HA:TFELT) - 나란 책 (Read Me) (Feat. PUNCHNELLO) M/V
No idea why Pendulum didn't link this one. On first listen, nothings grabs my attention out of the 2 tracks. It's just too laid back for me.

[MV] SF9 (에스에프나인) _ O Sole Mio(오솔레미오)
This is SO DAMN CHEESY. The spanish guitar, the cape outfits, the matador dance moves,... why? At least they are trying something different.

UP10TION(업텐션)_미치게 해(GOING CRAZY) M/V
Can't get more Teen Top sounding than this.

[M/V] HI CUTIE(하이큐티) - Play U(플레이유)
I'm calling it, next nation's girl group.

[Special] 엘리스 (ELRIS) - Pow Pow 안무영상 (Sailor Moon 세일러문 ver.)
Hmmm...

#FreeSohee...eventually

Read Me is probably the best and my favorite track off that single.

It’s very chill/laid back but more importantly it vibes sooooo well.

That chorus is like heaven sent imo.

———————

Lmao whoever did post work on that Elris video needs to be hanged and quartered. That shitty keying/post work is trash tier, and where I work, you’d get fired on the spot if you turn in something that shitty.

It’s pretty damn easy to fix it it too, the editor just doesn’t give a shit lol.

Boss Mog

The way SM treated her? Sica threw all the shit in the fan to save her ass and people still blame SM and OT8? LMAO.Stop comparing this situation with anything related to her, it's beyond retarded, it's nothing like it.

Like I said I'm not a huge Jessica fan and I do think her being "kicked out" was her own fault. That being said she trained at SM for 7 years and then completed her 7 year contract as a SNSD member. That's 14 years of her life she gave SM and no matter what the circumstances of her exit were, SM should not have tried to erase her existence like that, it's just a very petty move and unbecoming of a respectable company.

We'll see what SM will do here, I hope they'll take the high-road this time but I won't be totally surprised if they try to blacklist the 3 departing members or try to make it seem as they were never part of the group either. Time will tell.

From what I understand it has nothing to do with Cube and they will get the same royalties as the Korean members eventually. Korean law apparently delays foreigners getting their royalty pay. Blackpink Lisa also has to deal with the same thing as do many others.

Heh, SHYTY... I see what u did thar.

I gotta agree though. Losing Sica was a huge loss for me but somebody could easily cover her parts so it didn't feel like a huge loss in terms of perfomances, but with Seobot and Fany out... no one else can sing as stable as Seohyun and nobody else can replace the screechy/struggling vocals of Fany. Taeng is obviously a great singer, but Sunny's only good, and the other 3... lmao they can hold a note so they've got that going for them at least.

Exactly, although I think you're being a little hard on Fany. I think she's a better vocalist than people give her credit for even though her voice can be a bit nasal-y; even JYP was surprised by how good she was.

Sunny being the new second best vocal is definitely worrying though since she can have some really off days, I remember a cover of "Ma Boy" she did with Tae where she was off key a whole lot.

Pristin's Kyla is taking time off for medical treatment. Why do I suspect she'll come back looking different or not at all.

I honestly saw this coming. I wouldn't be surprised if it was due more to mental issues of dealing with haters than actual physical problems though it could definitely be both. Who knows if Pledis is letting her eat properly, they might be starving her which could easily lead to health problems.

I totally agree that she will either use this time to drop weight and come back slimmer or she probably won't be back at all.

This looks like a school project video that kids shot on their phones with some generic filters. It's embarrassing to be honest. Elris is group that has enough talent and visuals to become successful if they got some better songs and some variety show appearances to promote themselves. Though I do think Yukyung needs to gain some weight. I honestly think she is the skinniest idol I've seen and I'd be surprised if she weighed over 80 pounds (36kg). The other Elris girls are all pretty slim and yet their thighs are twice the size of Yukyung's. I'm just concerned for her health.

Boss★Moogle;251780750 said:
Exactly, although I think you're being a little hard on Fany. I think she's a better vocalist than people give her credit for even though her voice can be a bit nasal-y; even JYP was surprised by how good she was.

Sunny being the new second best vocal is definitely worrying though since she can have some really off days, I remember a cover of "Ma Boy" she did with Tae where she was off key a whole lot.

Lol come on man, I've been a Fany stan for the last 8 years, I'm only half joking about her singing talent. She's definitely a great singer, her problem is that she has no control over her voice so it's very raw and unrefined.

Unsurprisingly, people just point out the worst qualities of her singing because hurrdurr Taeyeon or whatever. Frankly, Taeyeon's a boring singer... like she's great at it on a technical level, but quality wise, it's nothing special. If she wasn't part of SNSD, I could see Taeng killing it at as a session or touring musician.

And before some Taeng stans think that calling her a session/touring singer is a slight on her... lmao, nope. Session musicians are much better than your standard celebrity musician because you can throw them in any situation and they'll pretty much kill it. The only reason why they're session musicians is because they don't have the personality to sell themselves or care about having a celebrity lifestyle... for them, it's all about being the best at what they do.

Singing on a techinical level: Taeyeon>Seohyun>Sica>Fany>the rest

Singing on a quality standpoint: Seohyun>Sica>Taeyeon>Fany>the rest

Fuuuuuu... fell into the SNSD ballads hole so I'm posting one of their best performances imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ciaYedC8Q

Pristin's doing fanmeets for kids now?

I swear this is the last one... I don't want to beat a dead horse either lol.

Boss Mog

Fuuuuuu... fell into the SNSD ballads hole so I'm posting one of their best performances imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ciaYedC8Q

It's funny cause I almost posted this performance instead of the English acoustic IJWD one but then I remembered that I had already posted it a few months back to illustrate my point about the 3rd gen groups not really having the same level of vocal talent as the 2nd gen ones, with I.O.I being the exception which is why I liked them so much.

And I totally agree with your Taeyeon analysis, she's really good technically but lacks a bit in power and quality compared to other popular Kpop artists like Ailee or Hyolyn or even Seohyun like you said.

vanty

Pristin's Kyla is taking time off for medical treatment. Why do I suspect she'll come back looking different or not at all.
She probably shouldn't have ever been put into Pristin and held back for whatever the company has happening in a few years.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;251874911 said:
It's funny cause I almost posted this performance instead of the English acoustic IJWD one but then I remembered that I had already posted it a few months back to illustrate my point about the 3rd gen groups not really having the same level of vocal talent as the 2nd gen ones, with I.O.I being the exception which is why I liked them so much.
Ha, I remember when people complained about I.O.I being just visuals.

And there is plenty of vocal talent in 3rd gen groups. The thing is that they are not popular, so I guess that's why the big companies aren't even trying and focusing their casting and training somewhere else.

Spica, BESTie, MINX/Dreamcatcher, Red Velvet (before Yeri), EXID, Mamamoo, etc. Pristin and gugudan have also good underutilized vocalists in their bloated lineups.

llehuty

[Teaser] 풍뎅이(PungDengE) "Stay" - Stay(머물러줘)
YEssssssssssssssssssssssssss, PungDengE are so much fun. Hope they go full on Twice's Signal parody in this.

This looks so amateur. Looks like a youtube thumbnail form a crappy reactions channel.

소녀주의보(Girls Alert)-소녀지몽(Dreamgirls)
The nugu struggle is real. The unfiltered vocals, the recording probably taking place during multiple 15 min school break, the actually quite good dancer doing what she can to give some energy to the limp dance break instrumental,... . I do think that there is potential, if they ever get some decent material to work with.

Wait! Where did this came from? They look so happy ;_;

She probably shouldn't have ever been put into Pristin and held back for whatever the company has happening in a few years.
I think you are right. her image did kind of fit the one of Pristin's though, so I see where they were coming from.

Boss★Moogle;251874911 said:

This is fucking absurd to me. You think 2nd gen had stronger vocals than the 3rd, and IOI is the supposed exception? What the fuck? IOI doesn't have half the vocals that groups like WJSN, Gugudan and Pristin do.

llehuty

The Unit - "My turn" MV
The production values for this show are insane.

HOLY SHIT.

I will say that I'm struggling to pinpoint the names or groups of some of the girls in there, but it's crazy (and sad) how a lot of them look familiar. The eliminatios in this are going to be brutal. After a quick unfocused glance, I will say I'm happy
Woohee
is there with her beatiful smile. And legit surprised of
Eunjin from Sonamoo
being the center of the girls. I also catched a glimpse of one of the girls of
Laboum

From the boys, I din't pay much attention, but I saw someone from
Snuper and Topp Dogg

Boss Mog

This is fucking absurd to me. You think 2nd gen had stronger vocals than the 3rd, and IOI is the supposed exception? What the fuck? IOI doesn't have half the vocals that groups like WJSN, Gugudan and Pristin do.

So let me get this straight, you're citing WJSN and Gugudan whose main vocalists are Yeonjung and Sejeong, who are I.O.I members, to say that I.O.I has poor vocals?

I know Pristin has some good vocalists since I followed Pledis girls a bit before their debut, particularly Sungyeon, Eunwoo and Roa. That being said, you wouldn't really know this by listening to "Wee Woo" or "WE LIKE". Same goes for WJSN, none of their title songs really make use of strong vocals. Gugudan at least was able to show a little something vocally in "A Girl Like Me".

When I listen to SNSD, SISTAR, EXID, Girl's Day, AOA, miss A, the songs show off vocal talent better than the songs of artists that debuted from 2015 onward. So maybe citing a lack of vocal talent was not entirely accurate on my part and I should also put a lot of the blame on the songs of the 3rd gen groups that seem to really showcase vocal talent appropriately.

The Unit - "My turn" MV
The production values for this show are insane.

Wow that was very impressive. The only thing I could say is that you see a lot of a few contestants and I hope the show won't favor certain people and that it'll try to give contestants equal time, at least in the beginning.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;251891441 said:
Wow that was very impressive. The only thing I could say is that you see a lot of a few contestants and I hope the show won't favor certain people and that it'll try to give contestants equal time, at least in the beginning.

The 2 groups of 9 that take most of the focus are probably the winners of some kind of early ranking or vote. With that being said, is probably going to be complicated to get a balanced and fair screen time between all the idols. Here is the list of the members of those 2 "center" groups.

Female center group
Euijin (Sonamoo)
Somyi (DIA)
Yebin (DIA)
Eunji (Brave Girls)
Chahee (MelodyDay)
Yoomin (MelodyDay)
Yeoeun (MelodyDay)
Yeonkyung (ex-The Seeya/5dolls)
Suji (The Ark)

Male center group
Kijoong (IM)
Hansol (ex-SM rookie)
Feeldog (Big Star)
Kanto
Donghyun (Boyfriend)
Lee Geon (MADTOWN)
Timoteo (HOTSHOT)
Hojung (HOTSHOT)
Rockhyun (100%)
lol, legit never heard of one of the boy groups (but they just debuted last month)
[M/V] IM - 미치겠어 (SAD STORY) 25k views, RIP.

We'll have to see if KBS manages to give the same repercussion to this show than Produce 101, but looks like some groups could potentially get a big boost out of this. Also, I like that since it's built with "failed idols" the average age is obviously higher than the one in Produce 101 and the concepts and everything will be a bit more mature.

Omg
Yeonkyung
! I loved
The Seeya
and she was like the awkward member but I always felt like she could do more.
Woohee
not being center?? Shocked. Nice to see her though.

I recognize so many of them. This show is gonna be something else to watch.
Melody Day
doing well from the start, that's nice. Get '
Kiss on The Lips
' on the charts plz.

Is Woohee, And Spica Jiwon confirmed?
Yes and they seem to be in the same team, which looks like an absolute DREAM TEAM btw. At least I hope this is a team.

DMC7jrBXcAAv6Vh.jpg

So are we spoilering this because that MV came out, but I'm just following everyone else.

llehuty

Holy shit that lineup. I'm guessing they are picking teams themselves with multiple members of the same group in the same unit?

Ineed the first epusode NOW.

llehuty

Boss★Moogle;251943701 said:
How does it work for the winning group? Is it a limited time group like with PD101?
Yeah, 9 member girl group and 9 member boy group will promote for 7 months or something like that.

Top Bottom