• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

I am going to get to the bottom of this. Policy was last updated 3 days ago on the paypal website.
That's 3 separate fees plus currency conversions. Like was said above, that completely eliminates buying keys from the BST thread.

I don't see how this is anything but a money grab.

I am going to contact them later today as well.

Xater

I will never pre-load a game on Steam again. Unpacking it, or whatever Steam is doing, takes longer than me downloading it again.

Jimrpg

What the hell! Why? That makes no sense. Well I guess I cant ever use paypal now :(

You are right. $3 fee to send money to Europe or United states. https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees That wasnt there 2 weeks ago.

I was selling steam keys in the BST thread a month ago and couldn’t find an option for family and friends. It was for a $4 key and got charged $1.25 for the fee. Such garbage. Anyway I thought it was a US thing and I’m outside the states so I didn’t really think much of it.

Eternia

Paypal added fee to send money from Canada. Someone else complained too, it's pretty insane for small payments.

ismY85h.png
Wow, those fees are ludicrous. Is it just for sending money and receiving is still without fees?

Jimrpg

I skimmed through its TVTropes page.
Let's just say it gets pretty messed up from the very little I literally read in that page.
What’s the TVtropes page? Is that in game?

It's free, you should give it a try. It's a very lighthearted, family friendly adventure with some great humor

Ok I guess I will.

The Sakura games are just... not even games/VNs.

Uzzy

Doki Doki sounds pretty messed up from what I read on TVTropes
I prob. should play it down the line >_>

Yes you should.

Is this for real? It better not be like one of those Sakura games.

It's for real, and you should play it before reading anything at all about it. Seriously. Go to the Steam page, hit the download button and go play. Especially do not go to TVTropes to read about it.

Knurek

Do not spoil Doki Doki Literature Club! here, guys!
I'm still balls deep in Virtue's Last Reward, and I certainly wouldn't want to have my fun with DDLC spoiled. kthxbye

prudislav

South Park Season paass announced (source)
DMByjAYUMAEUN2D.jpg

Season Pass owners will be able to enjoy three DLC's:
  • ”Danger Deck", where players will have to face the ultimate combat challenge in Doctor Timothy's Danger Deck . They will be able to unlock exclusive costumes and artifacts. ”Danger Deck" will be available for $5.99 on December 2017.
  • ”From Dusk till Casa Bonita", a new story where players will team up with The Coon and Mysterion to defeat a demonic presence at Casa Bonita. This content will be available for $11.99 in 2018.
  • ”Bring the Crunch", which will introduce a new story, including an all new superhero class. It will be available for $11.99 in 2018.

In addition, the Season Pass will also include free Day One content:
  • ”Relics of Zaron" (costume and perks pack), available for $4.99 on October 17th
  • ”Towelie: Your Gaming Bud" (in game buddy giving tips), available for $1.99 on October 24th

Phinor

Love it, will buy it if it ends up being meaty enough once all of it is released

For an alternative view: Love it, I have played through the game by the time the season pass becomes relevant and in this day and age I will never have time to play a game like that again so I will never have any reason to buy the season pass.

Applies to pretty much every season pass.

Total Warhammer 2's Mortal Empires campaign, which combines the first and second campaign maps into one megacampaign, has a release date now: October 26.

It is the grandest campaign Creative Assembly has ever worked on. It's around twice the size of the first game's map, with 35 different lords to use, with older factions updated to the newer rulesets. There's also some major tweaks to certain aspects of the game (a full rebalance for one, I think, but it hasn't been unveiled yet), so it should be a fresh experience no matter who you choose.

It's gonna be a big'un, y'all. Prepare for a a total waagh.

I'm still kinda stunned by how much Creative Assembly has continually knocked Total Warhammer out of the park. It's just so fun.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PaulSane, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Endless Legend - Classic Edition -- MB-4B9FDB1EA7A0A559 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 18 entrants total.
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut -- MB-24DDFAF8592021A7 - Taken by Zeneric. 8 entrants total.

t1507915834z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubi was supposed to enable the pre-load on South Park half an hour ago. Publishers sure have been doing a great job of sucking at Steam lately.

Two weeks before release and still no cheap AC Origins codes. Dream is dead isn't it? :(

Well its 20% off GMG which is pretty good (use code SUCHWOW10) I mean we are used to Ubisoft games being really cheap at launch because they usually bundle with videocards. I have to buy on Steam though because it has steam achievements! For an Ubi game!

Jawmuncher

It's not even much of a spoiler though?

The last girl you talk to in Doki Doki is a dinosaur in a school uniform.
Like if anything that should just make you all want to play it more.

r3n4ud

Well its 20% off GMG which is pretty good (use code SUCHWOW10) I mean we are used to Ubisoft games being really cheap at launch because they usually bundle with videocards. I have to buy on Steam though because it has steam achievements! For an Ubi game!
I'm guessing the Steam achievements is an error. Hope to be wrong though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's amazing how much better this looks when you take that huge "Visit store page" button and actually just make the name of the game clickable in wishlists.

Before (no Enhanced Steam):
FrR8DBk.png

After:
ira21cy.png

Ultimately I'm just making more room to add actually useful functionality there going forward.

Question, since I dont wanna open a new thread.

If a publisher releases a game on Steam/PC, thats only available there, but regionlocks it to a certain country (lets say the US) and its not giftable and you are not allowed to use a foreign region you dont reside in, would it be morally wrong to download that game?

Question, since I dont wanna open a new thread.

If a publisher releases a game on Steam/PC, thats only available there, but regionlocks it to a certain country (lets say the US) and its not giftable and you are not allowed to use a foreign region you dont reside in, would it be morally wrong to download that game?

In theory, yes. But you wont go to hell.

Top Bottom