• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

New song is pretty boring :[ Man, I was so excited for this album and now i just...don't care.

I like the bell though. I think I have a similar one in FL Studio somewhere. Nice clung sound.

I quite like Ready for it. Or, at the very least the parts where the beat falls away. I feel the same way about LWYMMD. The heavy beat is supposed to be cool, edgy, but it's actually the melodic parts (pre-chorus in LWYMMD and I guess the chorus in Ready for it) that are the best parts.

Both songs are right up my alley when it comes to genre: heavy beats pop/dance with a female voice. So I'm here for Swifts new album.

But I'll go ahead and say that the songs are not as good as their success will suggest. :p

I feel the exact same way, tbh.

Still, comparing to 1989, these bunch of songs don't seem as "complex" and layered.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I like the new single a lot. I would probably rank LWYMMD higher, but they are both a solid 4/5 imo.

Mau ®

I hated "Gorgeous" at first but now I like it. I still think it's below her potential but oh well.

Also lol @ this song being about cheating on Calvin with Loki. I like this theme of embracing your shit side. Very Yeezus of her.

Another hit. Stunned at the consistent quality, this might already be the best era yet

lmao not when RED and 1989 exist.

Kibbles

All the fans who went to the secret sessions saying it's her best album lyrically.... What are they on? So far not the case at all

Vazduh

Stunned at the consistent quality,

I mean, technically you're not wrong....

ded

6eO2epy.gif

see5harp

I think the new song is a lot more palatable than the first single. The production is at least dope. The lyrics are the same as any of her other teenage love/crush hits.

Makes me think at the rate she's pumping out the singles she just wants to get the album out of the way and move on to make over Taylor Swift 10.0

Raster

Neo Member
This album is great. Not Red level great, but it's amazing nonetheless - her third best effort. End Game sounds like a future #1 smash.

I don't get why certain people dislike her - she's genuinely talented as a songwriter and lyricist, and her music is harmless. I guess her celeb scandals are why. My 2 cents: there's a reason she has two Album of the Year Grammys and Kanye has none, + outsold him several times over.

matmanx1

I bought the new album and am on my 3rd or 4th listen through it. Immediate stand-out songs for me are Ready for It (<-- I cant get this one out of my head!) Gorgeous, This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things (<-- this one makes me LOL) and New Year's Day.

I don't think, as an album, that it is as immediately accessible as 1989 but I also think there's more going on here in terms of complexity. Bottom line is, I want to keep listening to it and I'm enjoying the process of digging in and getting to know it.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I love the theory that all of the songs within the track list ellipses are a set, and the songs that follow are a second set. Reputation vs Personal or whatever.

And assuming that that's true, she doesn't exactly paint herself in a good light in the personal songs.

Top Bottom