• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Redmoon

Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll get this game and join in on the chicken dinners. Been putting it off for to long cause of BDO lol.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I did it I did it I did it!

Finally, after 24 hours I won my first ever game on solo FPP with a measly four kills!

Unsurprisingly, this was the game that I had no hopes for at all. I spent half the match racing the blue wall of death because I was dumb and didn't check up on it. I lucked out so much on the last couple of circles. I found the only little shed in a huge open field and the circle kept spawning over my shed. I heard gunfire outside the door when it was just me and two other guys, decided now was my chance, opened it, and saw a dude. My aim isn't that great but I think he was pretty injured and his efforts to dodge around a true proved futile, and I yelped when I saw the win screen. Yes!

AESplusF

Finally, after 24 hours I won my first ever game on solo FPP with a measly four kills!

Unsurprisingly, this was the game that I had no hopes for at all. I spent half the match racing the blue wall of death because I was dumb and didn't check up on it. I lucked out so much on the last couple of circles. I found the only little shed in a huge open field and the circle kept spawning over my shed. I heard gunfire outside the door when it was just me and two other guys, decided now was my chance, opened it, and saw a dude. My aim isn't that great but I think he was pretty injured and his efforts to dodge around a true proved futile, and I yelped when I saw the win screen. Yes!

Congrats I'm 30 hours in and I've only made 3rd. twice tho.

prag16

Banned

Nice dude! Only 10 hours for me. 4th is my best.

TVexperto

So they went from weekly updates, to bi weekly updates and monthly updates are now gone as well...they made millions and ran with it

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
£6+ per crate, I wish I had more than 3 now. Could easily hit £10 each in the future.

So they went from weekly updates, to bi weekly updates and monthly updates are now gone as well...they made millions and ran with it

Clearly just cashed out instead of using the half billion in revenue to flesh out their dev team. I hope a triple A developer comes in and takes their lunch so they can stop being rewarded for such greedy behavior

Meta4ickal

Neo Member
Simple addition. 1 year of exclusivity for Xbox. Game comes out December 2017. One year is December 2018.

So exactly where did the developers confirm it was coming to PS? Please link me to where you found this information, because it simply does not exist. Its speculation, there is also speculation it will NEVER go to PS due to a deal being worked out with MS. So until it is actually confirmed I wouldnt state it as fact. JS.

Flyinmunky

Hi guys i have 400 odd hours but last two days i have been getting a battle eye Error box, game loads but get kicked straight away.

[INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\syswow64\sechost.dll".

I dont have any reshades or run the game any different form a clean install.

I have reinstalled steam and BG from fresh

Have checked for malware/ Virus (malwarebytes)

Have allowed exceptions for the sechost.dll and various other folders linked to it to try stop block. Firewall and Windows defender.

Verified file integrity

Verified integrity after deleting battle eye.

Run as admin where possible.

I'm pretty much out of ideas. My PC and all other games run fine.

Really don't want to a complete fresh install for just one game.

Any ideas?

Use your brain.

Literally don’t understand how it’s even possible to refute this but sure, throw out that creative drive by insult. There’s been nothing of substance released since early access began in March. Weather effects a few new weapons and a first person mode are all absurdly minor for a studios only project that’s garnered over half a billion in revenue. The fact that vaulting and a new map were shown in early June and it’s still continually getting pushed back is pretty pathetic. They struck absolute gold with this game on a level not seen since Minecraft, a game which had a studio built around it almost immediately after showing some legs with constant material updates which resulted in a 2.5 billion dollar sale to Microsoft.

JDB

Banned
Literally don't understand how it's even possible to refute this but sure, throw out that creative drive by insult. There's been nothing of substance released since early access began in March. Weather effects a few new weapons and a first person mode are all absurdly minor for a studios only project that's garnered over half a billion in revenue. The fact that vaulting and a new map were shown in early June and it's still continually getting pushed back is pretty pathetic. They struck absolute gold with this game on a level not seen since Minecraft, a game which had a studio built around it almost immediately after showing some legs with constant material updates which resulted in a 2.5 billion dollar sale to Microsoft.
Repeat after me: Having more money doesn't infinitely shorten the amount of time it takes to create and implement features. Big maps like this also don't get made as quickly as smaller ones in other games. Showing a screenshot of a map in June doesn't mean it's close to being done.
Having a ton of money doesn't change the reality of game development.

abracadaver

So exactly where did the developers confirm it was coming to PS? Please link me to where you found this information, because it simply does not exist. Its speculation, there is also speculation it will NEVER go to PS due to a deal being worked out with MS. So until it is actually confirmed I wouldnt state it as fact. JS.

There is no confirmation of anything but unless MS spends some serious cash to keep it exclusive it will come to PS4

Chang has said his company is in talks with all of the major console companies about bringing PUBG to a broader audience. While Microsoft will launch the title exclusively on Xbox later this year, Bluehole is in talks with Sony about introducing a version for the PlayStation after that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...id-in-talks-to-extend-battlegrounds-exclusive

Repeat after me: Having more money doesn't infinitely shorten the amount of time it takes to create and implement features. Big maps like this also don't get made as quickly as smaller ones in other games. Showing a screenshot of a map in June doesn't mean it's close to being done.
Having a ton of money doesn't change the reality of game development.

Unless you use that money to flesh out a larger structured development team then...yes it quite literally does. If size of development teams was irrelevant you wouldn’t see AAA developers maintain hundreds of staff after release rather than stick skeleton crews onto games. The idea that more money, more developers doesn’t affect the speed and scale of development is beyond ludicrous. It runs contradictory to how every studio in the industry opperates.

If rumors are true and it’s that hard to hire talent in Korea they should’ve created the spin off studios five months ago and been more proactive after seeing their success.

Mooreberg

Just lost a longer post for some reason, but is anything going to be done about bots in FPP? 35 people left in the first large circle makes for brutally boring matches.

JDB

Banned
Unless you use that money to flesh out a larger structured development team then...yes it quite literally does. If size of development teams was irrelevant you wouldn’t see AAA developers maintain hundreds of staff after release rather than stick skeleton crews onto games. The idea that more money, more developers doesn’t affect the speed and scale of development is beyond ludicrous. It runs contradictory to how every studio in the industry opperates.

If rumors are true and it’s that hard to hire talent in Korea they should’ve created the spin off studios five months ago and been more proactive after seeing their success.
I just hate the way people think it's as easy as having more money equals being able to push out updates faster instantly. Even ignoring that adding more developers to an already fairly big company (like Bluehole) doesn't help much with development of core mechanics and features, every new employee needs to be brought up to speed and get used to the tools they use and whatnot. This will probably just take away from experienced people who already work there.

It's different for adding more people to create art assets and all that because you can do that alongside each other fairly easily. This is what they're already doing by outsourcing map creation to two different companies. Still doesn't mean a map the size of PUBG's will be created very quickly.

Lastly; keep in mind that this game was initially planned as a fairly small scale project that they expected to only sell about 300k copies until release. This is fairly clear on several fronts, most notably the map where a good amount of assets are just straight up bought from the UE4 asset store. I imagine similar shortcuts were taken for the rest of the game which is probably why the game is fairly glitchy and unstable. Fixing that stuff takes time regardless of how many dollars you've got in your pockets.

Meta4ickal

Neo Member
There is no confirmation of anything but unless MS spends some serious cash to keep it exclusive it will come to PS4

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...id-in-talks-to-extend-battlegrounds-exclusive

Negotiations are one thing. Facts another. I could also post here how MS is in talks as well concerning exclusivity? So until the talks are completed and there is an official word then we must take things AS THEY ARE. As of right now, PUBG is exclusive to MS.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated with the sound design in this game. It feels like 60% of the time I have NO clue where gunfire or footsteps are coming from. I'm using a pair of HyperX Cloud headphones to no avail. I have zero issue with other shooters: Gears of War 4, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Squad, Battlefield 4, Red Orchestra 2: Vietnam... But pinpointing directional sound in PUBG feels helpless.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated with the sound design in this game. It feels like 60% of the time I have NO clue where gunfire or footsteps are coming from. I'm using a pair of HyperX Cloud headphones to no avail. I have zero issue with other shooters: Gears of War 4, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Squad, Battlefield 4, Red Orchestra 2: Vietnam... But pinpointing directional sound in PUBG feels helpless.

Exactly the opposite for me, I feel like PUBG is one of the few games where directional sound is important and works amazingly. I usually only have to hear one or two shots to be able to figure out the direction.

vocab

The sound in this game is either too quiet or too loud. which is a big issue, and dangerous to ones hearing. It's a problem a lot of people are having. Some people are actually using sound compressors.

IMACOMPUTA

I absolutely agree..

I also have HyperX Cloud (II)s.

hmmmmmmm

I_D

The test server had vaulting activated two days ago.

It's fantastic, and a complete game-changer. Tactics changed drastically, as a pinned-down enemy frequently had an escape route that wasn't previously available.

The proper patch can't come soon enough.

Calibos

Yeah I don't get it. Plus, wheres all the pre-release footage? Got a feeling now that this might be a dog.

Game Preview games don't typically get pre release footage which to me is a mistake. This game should be advertised heavily for Xbox if they want the game to have the effect they hope.

I don't think it will be a "dog"...however, people expecting it to be perfectly polished and smooth in every way should lower their expectations. It's a game preview game that only started Xbox development about a year ago.

I have faith that the game will get to an excellent state, but if for a while. Either way, I am excited to play this on the Xbox ecosystem.

Sorne

Downloading right now on my X1. Very excited to play. Anyone know if the servers are actually live for everyone, or tomorrow first?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Downloading right now on my X1. Very excited to play. Anyone know if the servers are actually live for everyone, or tomorrow first?
XB1 servers are up for me.

Playing on XB1X and outside of a few hitches, it plays great. A few instances, namely parachuting at the beginning, could be better optimized.

Top Bottom