• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alabama Republican nominee for US Senate, Roy Moore is a pedophile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkyMohr

Banned
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...art-1pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.287a40454cd5

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

It was early 1979 and Moore — now the Republican nominee in Alabama for a U.S. Senate seat — was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. He struck up a conversation, Corfman and her mother say, and offered to watch the girl while her mother went inside for a child custody hearing.

“He said, ‘Oh, you don’t want her to go in there and hear all that. I’ll stay out here with her,’ ” says Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71. “I thought, how nice for him to want to take care of my little girl.”

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

Two of Corfman’s childhood friends say she told them at the time that she was seeing an older man, and one says Corfman identified the man as Moore. Wells says her daughter told her about the encounter more than a decade later, as Moore was becoming more prominent as a local judge.

Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

And he's still probably gonna win.

Damerman

Apparently to excuse this, they compared those relationships with Mary and Joseph. Lmao i can’t tell if this is a new low for republicans.

So what you’re saying is his fans will support him even more claiming it’s all fake news and lies from the “libtards.”

Fuck conservatives and right wingers.

New Yorker has a funny article about his past, don’t have the link but google Roy Moore fruit salad.

My bet is his closet is far from empty they don’t hit on pre-teens around their mothers without working up to it, and they don’t stop there unless caught.

I guess everyone is just presumed guilty before proven innocent now when it comes to these type of accusations?

Seems so and now anyone can conveniently ruin someone's life over a tweet. People have seriously lost their shit on social media lately.

Seems so and now anyone can conveniently ruin someone's life over a tweet. People have seriously lost their shit on social media lately.

The Alabama judge has his career in jeopardy over a story with 30 sources.
Public shaming over tweets can be horrible but are a totally different issue. Like next planet different.

Kimawolf

One id believe you. But 3 reporters spent WEEKS compiling sources and gathering evidence. And the main person is a diehard Republican so... yeah i tend believe the hardworking reporters over the racist homophobe. Dude is sick. If he wins i PROMISE nationwide the Republican brand is done. They may win Alabama but They will lose so much more.

The Alabama judge has his career in jeopardy over a story with 30 sources.
Public shaming over tweets can be horrible but are a totally different issue. Like next planet different.

One id believe you. But 3 reporters spent WEEKS compiling sources and gathering evidence. And the main person is a diehard Republican so... yeah i tend believe the hardworking reporters over the racist homophobe. Dude is sick. If he wins i PROMISE nationwide the Republican brand is done. They may win Alabama but They will lose so much more.

I mean ya that works. But before the celebration formal charges need to be placed by the proper authorities and a guilty verdict after the trial. I know there's lots of scumbags out there but we can't just throw proper justice aside for "likes and retweets" and for what it's worth if he is guilty I hope there is a hell so he can rot there.

I mean ya that works. But before the celebration formal charges need to be placed by the proper authorities and a guilty verdict after the trial. I know there's lots of scumbags out there but we can't just throw proper justice aside for "likes and retweets" and for what it's worth if he is guilty I hope there is a hell so he can rot there.

There is a statute of limitations for a crime that happened in 1979, except murder.

DorkyMohr

Banned

The amount of people who's only barometer of right and wrong is wether things go to trial and the person is convicted is fucked and why we have such a culture where abusers have all the power. Also shut up about twitter. Twitter doesn't have anything to do with this.

Hissing Sid

The amount of people who's only barometer of right and wrong is wether things go to trial and the person is convicted is fucked

Are you serious?

You can’t be serious.

Let’s see how loudly you squeal about due process when it’s your arse in the media sling matey.

Lynching happened in masse in the USA the turn of th3 20th century.

Many black women were raped by white men but it was illegal to take them to court.

Are we about to say that Ida B Wells, Rayford Logan, Carter G Woodson, and John hope Franklin were liars?

This story us no different. John McCain and Mitch McConnell have already come out and said that Roy Moore needs to step down. A trial is not going to make the accusations more or less true.

GrapeApes

Are you serious?

You can’t be serious.

Let’s see how loudly you squeal about due process when it’s your arse in the media sling matey.
In Alabama, the statute of limitations for bringing felony charges involving sexual abuse of a minor in 1979 would have run out three years later, and the time frame for filing a civil complaint would have ended when the alleged victim turned 21, according to Child USA, a nonprofit research and advocacy group at the University of Pennsylvania.

How are victims supposed to fight back when there are no legal options?

I heard this when the trump tape came out, are you sure you want to make that promise?

Ain't nothin gonna happen. It's Alabama. Most of us from the state just nodding our heads like "Yep, this is normal for us."

Bass-Ackwards state.

I can't believe Alabama is content in being the laughingstock of the nation. Do they not travel outside Alabama and realize it doesn't have to be this way?

dolabla

He could be guilty or he could be innocent, but the timing of all this seems just suspect.

It's not like he hasn't been a well known (controversial) character before, but 4 weeks away from an election and all this finally comes to light? I don't like the guy at all, but the timing of this just makes me skeptical.

I guess we'll see what happens. Supposedly he's suing the WaPo.

Timing just matches with the #metoo campaign and people feeling confident that they may be taken seriously now. Empowered by others they can finally try to see that it stops with them rather than hold onto it and feel it was their fault or they wouldn’t be believed.

Timing just matches with the #metoo campaign and people feeling confident that they may be taken seriously now. Empowered by others they can finally try to see that it stops with them rather than hold onto it and feel it was their fault or they wouldn’t be believed.

Correct. Suspicion about the timing does not hold water considering the #metoo movement is reaching far beyond Hollywood and spanning decades.

DorkyMohr

Banned
He could be guilty or he could be innocent, but the timing of all this seems just suspect.

It's not like he hasn't been a well known (controversial) character before, but 4 weeks away from an election and all this finally comes to light? I don't like the guy at all, but the timing of this just makes me skeptical.

I guess we'll see what happens. Supposedly he's suing the WaPo.

Yeah, how dare victims come out to accuse pedophiles when it's inconvenient to the pedophile?

dolabla

Yeah, how dare victims come out to accuse pedophiles when it's inconvenient to the pedophile?

Again, hopefully we'll know something sooner rather than later. This guy has no business being in any form of the government even without the accusations, but I'm not ready to hang him over this just yet.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

“Likes and retweets”

Stop trying to pretend this is a random tweet. Many many sources. Enjoy watching the fallout.

McLovin

It would be out of character for republicans to turn on him. I mean Trump was accused of awful shit by way more women some of whom were minors at the time of their incidents. And they made him president.

It would be out of character for republicans to turn on him. I mean Trump was accused of awful shit by way more women some of whom were minors at the time of their incidents. And they made him president.

Evangelicals are amoral and will explain anything away that they have to. Their religious values are essentially political. The Republicans that you'll see denouncing Moore will be from other wings of the party, just like with Trump.

This is part of a larger cultural problem:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2017/11/child-brides-teenage-sluts-and-roy-moore.html

A couple excerpts:

In the wake of recent revelations about Roy Moore, it is worth noting a not insignificant portion of conservatives don’t have a problem with relationships between very young teens and adult men.

Because marriage was the object, courtship was not to be embarked upon until both individuals were at a place in their lives where they were ready to marry. The trouble was that that meant something different for men than it did for women. A man must be able to provide for a family. He must have a job and a home to bring his wife into. A woman, in contrast, must be able to cook, clean, and care for children; most girls in my community could do that by the time they were thirteen.

rokkerkory

Catholic here but for those using Jesus to compare this man against is just PATHETIC.

Just SMH at stupid humans making religion bad.

Kimawolf

All red states are not like Alabama. Republicans are rightfully panicking cause they have people defending dating kids.

The one accuser that was a minor talking about something on an airplane was debunked and they stepped away from the case once the final debates were starting.

Now with Roy Moore there seems to be a few issues here. One story had it that her mom drove her to his house, one had it where he picked her up, one had it that her mom knew either way, and she says she displayed discomfort on what he was doing yet telling her friends she was with an older man?

Also other prominent guys all fell to pieces once the allegations came out, and admitted guilt Moore didn't. Then an accuser was working with the DNC for years and only brought this up during the current election.

At the same time one of the stories could be true. Even if it was "consensual" illegal is illegal.

But given the circumstances it doesn't make much sense why Moore would destroy himself if he did it. And the story as it's been developing is a bit strange. Luther Strange.

Pun aside basically there's only two outcome here, he did nothing, or he had a relationship with a underage girl. If the latter even if it wasnt sexual it would burn his image.

But if he did nothing that could burn the metoo movement going on

He's just a pedosexual. It's no big deal

If you've been following the news the last couple years the country has been moving in this direction.

There's already many coming out and getting sympathy for something they can't control aong with platfirms to speak on, and all the pro pedo organizations are raising quite a bit of money including the one that won't go away.

It's not going to be much of a joke soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom