• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Ins

Neo Member
Assassin's Creed Origins image looks cloudy/foggy/washed out all the time, any time of the day/night.

I'm on a KS8000 (US) using regular settings for HDR gaming (backlight 20, contrast 100, Smart LED and Dynamic Contrast High, gamma -1, etc.).

In the game settings, I have max luminance at 1100 and paper white at 120.

Is this how the game actually is supposed to look like?

11-11-2017_10-22-36_AM.png

I have the same issue with my LG B6. Every other game looks fantastic in HDR but this one is washed out, black are grey and colors are dull. I'm currently reinstalling after deleting save. Hope it will help because i really don't want to play this game in SDR.

EDIT:

Reinstalling didn't help. This must be some kind of bug because this is by far the worst HDR i have ever seen.

Does Mafia 3 support HDR? The dev says it was included in the patch, but I don't see any HDR or settings for HDR. The game looks a bit softer and a tad washed out.

Hawk269

Does Mafia 3 support HDR? The dev says it was included in the patch, but I don't see any HDR or settings for HDR. The game looks a bit softer and a tad washed out.

It is HDR but oddly they did not include any options to do any adjustments. I could not even find a brightness adjustment. Kind of weird to not have those type of options.

Besides the exclusive dedicated patches to MS games, I think Ghost Recon: Wildlands benefited the most from my purchase. Out of all my games I think the image quality from this game got the biggest improvement. I would say it had a higher wow effect to me than AC: Origins.

38390697961_fcbdce9a26_o.png

38335666176_ffd26f7eb1_o.png

It is HDR but oddly they did not include any options to do any adjustments. I could not even find a brightness adjustment. Kind of weird to not have those type of options.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. The game certainly looks better than it ever could of on the base Xbox One, but the colors seem washed out and it has a softer image. I own the game on the Pro as well, and vaguely recall a softer image there as well.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided needs an enhanced patch as much as any game out there.

It has PS4 Pro support and looks 100x better than its current Xbox One S counterpart.

I borrowed the PS4 version, checked it out on my Pro and compared it to the current non-enhanced version on my Xbox One and there is no comparison. The game needs an enhanced patch.

Just yesterday I discovered if you go into the store>deals, there is an option to try before you buy on certain games which gives you trials, ala ea access style. Here I downloaded ghost recon, tombraider, watch dogs 2 (non enhanced) and there are many others but it gives you the option to download these titles to see how they play and look.

Ghost recon and tombraider are incredible!!
DuO6eaJ.png

gfnsyLH.png

3phBD4c.png

Kgwiz0z.png

cVZvouj.png

I played this on PC on ultra 1440p. For some reason the x1x at 1080p enriched mode is impressing me more. Perhaps because the enhancements they made for x1x I dont know but it looks incredible. Perhaps because supersampled? Not a jaggy in sight....
Sc5TbWy.png

Vj2qLkr.png

yRVpX1k.png

u6jzT3w.png

23VawvU.png

6WentyS.png

bCBWIOg.png

f@luS

More than a member.
I played this on PC on ultra 1440p. For some reason the x1x at 1080p enriched mode is impressing me more. Perhaps because the enhancements they made for x1x I dont know but it looks incredible. Perhaps because supersampled? Not a jaggy in sight....
Sc5TbWy.png

Vj2qLkr.png

yRVpX1k.png

u6jzT3w.png

23VawvU.png

6WentyS.png

bCBWIOg.png
For 4k user what’s the best. 4k native (resolution ) or 4k CB (enriched )

Gitaroo

One X doesn't have any checkerboard rendering option, it either native 4K with standard One graphical setting or enriched mode with higher graphical setting and higher res temporal injection technique instead of CB rendering.

arhra

Native is visibly sharper (particularly noticeable things like zip lines and trees in the distance), but the enriched mode is still a dramatic improvement over 1080p, and the added details and improvements to things like LOD pop-in, etc make it a good trade-off.

f@luS

More than a member.
One X doesn't have any checkerboard rendering option, it either native 4K with standard One graphical setting or enriched mode with higher graphical setting and higher res temporal injection technique instead of CB rendering.
Just checked in game myself

It says :
-Enriched visuals : enriched Gfx features of the game for a mushed and more realistic experience and displays the game in 4K in 30fps
-native 4 k : display the game in native 4K
-high frame rate : provides higher frame are for a smoother gameplay experience

I’ll play the game soon. Wondering if I go for enriched or native

Native is visibly sharper (particularly noticeable things like zip lines and trees in the distance), but the enriched mode is still a dramatic improvement over 1080p, and the added details and improvements to things like LOD pop-in, etc make it a good trade-off.

I’m on 4K

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think enriched is like 1440p with temporal injection, I can't remember, check DF analysis.

Can anybody break down temporal injection so I can explain it to my buddy without him looking at me like I'm speaking Spanish 😂

I just played a match of Heroes vs Villains on Kamini in BF2, and sweet baby Jesus it looked incredible.

image.php

I'm very surprised at DF videos thus far. I figured they would have a video everyday showcasing the jump in IQ and performance on games from this year that got enhanced and a boost in gameplay. Maybe, I'm just too impatient

arhra

Just checked in game myself

It says :
-Enriched visuals : enriched Gfx features of the game for a mushed and more realistic experience and displays the game in 4K in 30fps
-native 4 k : display the game in native 4K
-high frame rate : provides higher frame are for a smoother gameplay experience

I'll play the game soon. Wondering if I go for enriched or native

I'm on 4K

Enriched is checkerboard 4K with better shadows, less pop-in, and various other improvements to things like ambient occlusion and terrain tesselation, but the final image is slightly softer than the native one.

Native is absolutely pin-sharp, but the graphical settings are equivalent to the base XB1 (albeit with better textures and texture filtering).

You can swap on the fly, so just take a look at both and see which you prefer (I'm going with enriched, personally, as pop-in and obvious LOD transitions have always bugged me).

I think enriched is like 1440p with temporal injection, I can't remember, check DF analysis.

It's checkerboard-style reconstruction to 4k. If you look closely at the edges of the tree branches in the top left of this screenshot, you can clearly see checkerboard-esque artifacting.

Space_nut

Enriched is checkerboard 4K with better shadows, less pop-in, and various other improvements to things like ambient occlusion and terrain tesselation, but the final image is slightly softer than the native one.

Native is absolutely pin-sharp, but the graphical settings are equivalent to the base XB1 (albeit with better textures and texture filtering).

You can swap on the fly, so just take a look at both and see which you prefer (I'm going with enriched, personally, as pop-in and obvious LOD transitions have always bugged me).

It's checkerboard-style reconstruction to 4k. If you look closely at the edges of the tree branches in the top left of this screenshot, you can clearly see checkerboard-esque artifacting.

Also all modes use ultra textures :)

T Ghost

I have the same issue with my LG B6. Every other game looks fantastic in HDR but this one is washed out, black are grey and colors are dull. I'm currently reinstalling after deleting save. Hope it will help because i really don't want to play this game in SDR.

EDIT:

Reinstalling didn't help. This must be some kind of bug because this is by far the worst HDR i have ever seen.

I got it better by setting the white paper settings higher, around 250. Kept Peak Brightness at 1,000.

T Ghost

You can set the TV black level mode, too. Either way they need to match. The HDMI Black level has to match the Xbox One.

On my LG C7 it’s in the picture settings. Not sure what TV you have?

On the KS8000 HDMI Black Level becomes greyed out (goes to auto only) when in 10-bit color mode (HDR).

Ins

Neo Member
I got it better by setting the white paper settings higher, around 250. Kept Peak Brightness at 1,000.

I found different solution for this problem on my OLED. I've turned down brightness to 49 (from 50). This one small adjustment was needed to get rid of washed out image. Now i can finally enjoy the game properly :)

Top Bottom