• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Fortnite Xbox One X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuqKiQm8eIo

Visually, this is a massive upgrade over PlayStation 4 Pro, comparable to epic setting on PC, but as of now (since its in beta) there are frame drops in high demanding areas. PS4 Pro has the more stable frame rate, which had frame issues early on as well, and was improved over time. Overall more stable on PS4 Pro, Looks better in every way, with every graphical feature on the xbox one x.

PS4 PRO-1080P
Xbox One X-1728P

mad597

Banned

Visually, this is a massive upgrade over PlayStation 4 Pro, comparable to epic setting on PC, but as of now (since its in beta) there are frame drops in high demanding areas. PS4 Pro has the more stable frame rate, which had frame issues early on as well, and was improved over time. Overall more stable on PS4 Pro, Looks better in every way, with every graphical feature on the xbox one x.

PS4 PRO-1080P
Xbox One X-1728P

Huge win for the X, staggering resoltuion difference over the pro, sony fans deql with 1080p res is reqlly funny. Dimishing returns huh?

Calibos

PS4 PRO-1080P
Xbox One X-1728P

Its a big visual upgrade, and that's great....but I can't abide by visuals over framerate...make a few small compromises and get a solid framerate please.

Its a big visual upgrade, and that's great....but I can't abide by visuals over framerate...make a few small compromises and get a solid framerate please.

Agreed. Hopefully the team at Epic get that sorted shortly. Frame rate is integral in an online, competitive shooter. Great looking upgrades though.

Fuck you to.

1ce10068717201107de44fe3158d17e4.jpg

twisted89

For a game that involves shooting at a distance it's beyond my comprehension why they would use DOF on any version. What a complete waste of resources to an already visually underwhelming game.

Calibos

Agreed. Hopefully the team at Epic get that sorted shortly. Frame rate is integral in an online, competitive shooter. Great looking upgrades though.

The video does say that the Multiplayer is a smooth 30fps though, so I guess that's a good thing along with other upgrades.

The will get it sorted...it's still technically an early access game as well.

DonF

Fuck off asshole, can ypu spell 1080p on your fucking "pro" console dipshit. Its spelled BLURRY

333.gif

They really should focus on smooth gameplay over graphics. Impressive and not surprising showing for the xb1x

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Another superior version for the X, apart from the framerate, but that will be fixed.

solis74

PS4 PRO-1080P
Xbox One X-1728P

GREAT STUFF

Hoo-doo

Banned
Be a mod.

Yeah no thanks. I only check GAF once in a while to see what the discussion is like since the incident.
Banning people is probably off-limits for the moderators right now, seeing the already minuscule activity numbers. Better to have shitposts than no posts, I guess.

Gaf has always been a complete shit show, it's just Bish banned the fuck out of anyone that even hinted they werent 100% devoted to Sony so Sony fans loved this shit hole.

This place has been a paid off PR site for Sony and a cancer to the gaming community for a long time, funny Sony fans are only now noticing how crappy it is here.

Case in point. Site feels like 4chan at times.

mad597

Banned
The state of nuGAF in a nutshell.
What a fucking shit show that posts like these are tolerated now.

Gaf has always been a complete shit show, it's just Bish banned the fuck out of anyone that even hinted they werent 100% devoted to Sony so Sony fans loved this shit hole.

This place has been a paid off PR site for Sony and a cancer to the gaming community for a long time, funny Sony fans are only now noticing how crappy it is here.

Malcolm9

It's also funny how terrible this place has become when idiots like you spout so much shit, your hard on rage for Sony is pretty pathetic.

I guess you missed the threads shitting on Sony before NuGaf came about.

shinnn

The lighting looks miles better on the X in those demanding areas. I hope they can improve the framerate maintaining the better lighting.

pixelbox

Yeah no thanks. I only check GAF once in a while to see what the discussion is like since the incident.
Banning people is probably off-limits for the moderators right now, seeing the already minuscule activity numbers. Better to have shitposts than no posts, I guess.

Case in point. Site feels like 4chan at times.
Seem you'd be great.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And you know this how? I mean if the X can't run a game like this in true 4K it's quite laughable really, good old Shill Spencer.

Anyone with half a brain (I know that rules out a lot of people) knew this machine would not be capable of running every game in Native 4k not using the CPU it has.

I love my X and glad I bought it because I have 4k displays and games that upscale from even 1800p look great.

That said I wish Native support for 1440p would get pushed out (it may be already) because I have a friend who just bought a 1440p 165hz monitor and really want to try it out.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
It's also funny how terrible this place has become when idiots like you spout so much shit, your hard on rage for Sony is pretty pathetic.

I guess you missed the threads shitting on Sony before NuGaf came about.

What's with the personal insults?

Anyone with half a brain (I know that rules out a lot of people) knew this machine would not be capable of running every game in Native 4k not using the CPU it has.

I love my X and glad I bought it because I have 4k displays and games that upscale from even 1800p look great.

I agree with this 100%.

I dunno how Mad597 hasn't been banned yet. Its truly maddening and shows the levels of embarrassment this forum has sunk to. Right now gaf is tracking below gamefaqs in terms of reputability.

Anyway, I wonder what's accounting for the large disparity. Its far greater than 40% gap as prescribed by the hardware. Is it a bandwidth issue, a cu issue or a fillrate issue. It'd be nice to see a full breakdown on this issue.

Huge win for the X, staggering resoltuion difference over the pro, sony fans deql with 1080p res is reqlly funny. Dimishing returns huh?

What is "resoltuion", "deql" and "reqlly" mean? Seriously, I dont know if they are memes and my old age keeps me un-hip, or if you were trying to console warrior so hard you just didn't type slow and correctly enough. Thanks for any updates you can provide!

Maximus P

. Right now gaf is tracking below gamefaqs in terms of reputability.

The rep wasnt that much higher than gamefaqs before. Most of my friends and people on my twitter were loving it when this place went down and there was a chance it was never going to return. i saw and heard the words ''good riddance'' a hell of a lot..

I dunno how Mad597 hasn't been banned yet. Its truly maddening and shows the levels of embarrassment this forum has sunk to. Right now gaf is tracking below gamefaqs in terms of reputability.

Besides the absence of mods and banning, old gaf isn't much different than new gaf.

The rep was that much higher than gamefaqs before. Most of my friends and people on my twitter were loving it when this place went down and there was a chance it was never going to return.
Yea it's dead and its probably better that way. As long as ownership doesn't change, the industry sources, devs and etc won't come back. Its okay though, I finally found out where most people migrated too. Its wonderful because embarrassing behavior displayed by characters like Mad597 aren't tolerated. Its pretty much an instant ban.

Besides the absence of mods and banning, old gaf isn't much different than new gaf.

The mods kept things in check and purged repeat offenders. Now people just go around acting like asshats and polluting with the forum with trash. I

Top Bottom