• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Update (Fifth Valkyria revealed)

There's a new update about Valkyria Chronicles 4 which you can read here:

https://gematsu.com/2017/12/valkyria-chronicles-4-introduces-six-new-characters-brave-system

They show the fifth Valkyria, Crimaria Lewin, and her squadmates. The other four Valkyrias
Being Selvaria Bles, Alicia Melchiott, Riela Marcellis, And Aliasse.

It seem that like Aliasse the new character's lance doubles as something else, with Aliasse it was a whip and with Crimaria it's a staff. Also something interesting is that the article only mentions 6 classes: Scout, Grenadier, Sniper, Lancer, Shocktrooper, Engineer. I think that's good because honestly those are the main clases I only use since I would never use for example a Fencer or a Heavy Gunner over a Shocktrooper.

So what are your hopes and dreams about VC4? Mine is that the special command points from VC3 are still in VC4 since I wanna use the Valkyrias, especially Aliasse since on PSP you don't get her crazy looking hair, long segmented skirt, or her actual whiplance.

Art has been available for a few of them for a little while (tapestry pre-order bonuses for different stores, with larger versions floating around Twitter). All of it very Raita, though in the scans it's pretty restrained.

Reducing the number of classes feels as much an attempt to evoke the original as a balance change, which I'm fine with. The new classes felt a lot like they'd been added for the sake of having something new, when the base classes themselves are largely fine and it's the combat scenarios that need to be fresh and interesting. Only thing I'm concerned about is the snow hampering movement and little else, could see that getting old quick.

Art has been available for a few of them for a little while (tapestry pre-order bonuses for different stores, with larger versions floating around Twitter). All of it very Raita, though in the scans it's pretty restrained.

Reducing the number of classes feels as much an attempt to evoke the original as a balance change, which I'm fine with. The new classes felt a lot like they'd been added for the sake of having something new, when the base classes themselves are largely fine and it's the combat scenarios that need to be fresh and interesting. Only thing I'm concerned about is the snow hampering movement and little else, could see that getting old quick.

Thanks, didn't know that since when the game was announced I didn't even had internet (sucks to be at Puerto Rico after the hurricane, 2 months without internet access) and it's now that I have been looking at the info but it feels like not many people are talking about the new VC :(. As for the new cast I just hope there are more Darcsens since VC 3 only had 3 and I tend to go for them the most, at the very least it have me Imca which is my favorite and I hope to see her HD model in VC4!

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
i dont know much about the lore of this series

are the Valkyria a different species from humans or just a special class type thing?

Paracelsus

i dont know much about the lore of this series

are the Valkyria a different species from humans or just a special class type thing?

They're clearly meant to be inspired to Valkyries (so superhuman entities linking the human realm to the death one), but they're probably closer to the amazons of Wonder Woman.

sublimit

Banned

Totally agree with this.I was fine with the amount of classes in the original.Personally i just want to see more open maps that give you more freedom to explore a variety of strategy options,explore hidden paths,open shortcuts,enter buildings etc.

This is good news, I'm a little behind on the info released for VC4 but the original Valkyria Chronicles was my fav RPG of the PS3 era. I actually own the collectors edition that only ever released in Japan.

From what I've seen VC4 looks to be more on par with the first game was, I played through VC2 on the PSP and while the combat was good the storyline wasn't as good as the first game. I imported VC3 although sadly it was never translated for North America, although I've heard there is a fan created translation.

I did buy Valkyria Revolution but I haven't played it yet, I've heard horrible things and just have been busy with a couple other games.

sublimit

Banned
This is good news, I'm a little behind on the info released for VC4 but the original Valkyria Chronicles was my fav RPG of the PS3 era. I actually own the collectors edition that only ever released in Japan.

Heh that's awesome man.For a time i was also considering getting the Japanese CE but for some reason which i don't remember anymore i never did... That Edelweiss figurine looked really good. I think it's the only CE i regret that i didn't bought.

DonF

Really excited about this. Loved VC1, played 2, ...I thought 3 was only a jp release?
Do we know anything about the plot? Would I need to read the story of 3 to get this one?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really hope someone remake VC3. I couldn't play it because it never released here but I heard the the 3rd game is as good as VC1 and the story has same kind of same tone as first game instead high school setting from the 2nd game.

TeeDoff

Neo Member
A VC2 and VC3 remaster would be amazing. I won't hold my breath though. How Revolution got a release, and on Xbox one, I'll never know when they only released VC2 on the PSP and didn't even bother bringing VC3 west..

Oh well, loving what I am hearing from VC4.

Top Bottom