• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

FlyinJ
Douchebag. Yes, me.
(02-08-2011, 08:13 PM)
This is just, well....

http://www.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147503229

So what's next? Confiscating property owned by homosexuals because they morally disqualified themselves?
Dice
(02-08-2011, 08:14 PM)
Why would you read anything that openly declares itself Right or Left?
SUPREME1
Banned
(02-08-2011, 08:15 PM)
For posting this thread, you are DISQUALIFIED.
Dabanton
(02-08-2011, 08:16 PM)

In all the discussions about the European settlement of the New World, one feature has been conspicuously absent: the role that the superstition, savagery and sexual immorality of native Americans played in making them morally disqualified from sovereign control of American soil.

Mmm sounds like modern america.
EmCeeGramr
If ghosts needed to breathe, dead people would use up all the air and we'd suffocate

They rejected Washington’s direct counsel to the Delaware chiefs in 1779, “You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ.”

Thomas Jefferson three times signed legislation appropriating federal tax dollars for the evangelizing of the Native American tribes. It all came to nought, as one tribe after another rejected the offer of spiritual light and advanced civilization.

Missionaries were murdered in cold blood, including Marcus Whitman, who was tomahawked to death in his own house in 1848 by the Cayuse and Umatilla Indians in what became the Oregon Territory.

God explained to the nation of Israel that because of the “abomination(s)” of the indigenous Canaanite tribes, the land had become unclean and “vomited out its inhabitants (Lev. 18:25).”

Is this to say the same holds true for native American tribes today? In many respects, the answer is of course no. But in some senses, the answer is yes. Many of the tribal reservations today remain mired in poverty and alcoholism because many native Americans continue to cling to the darkness of indigenous superstition instead of coming into the light of Christianity and assimilating into Christian culture.

Hoooolllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shiiit.
Herpes Reasons
aka Gilbert's Comic Sans
how is this news again?
you might as well be creating new threads on blog articles that pisses you off.
Dresden
on the run
(02-08-2011, 08:17 PM)
Such a terrible article.
Sho_Nuff82
(02-08-2011, 08:18 PM)
Hey I remember this from history class. Manifest something something.
Zenith
Banned
Why post this? It's an unimportant person on an unimportant site. There are millions of them.
ronito
got my tag in the OT
one could say their destiny was made manifest.
Learn2read
(02-08-2011, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by viakado

how is this news again?
you might as well be creating new threads on blog articles that pisses you off.

The American Family Association is a pretty big deal. This isn't just some random blog.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(02-08-2011, 08:19 PM)

And the Europeans proved superior in battle, taking possession of contested lands through right of conquest. So in all respects, Europeans gained rightful and legal sovereign control of American soil.

That's not really moral superiority...
Jexhius
In every age, in every place,
the deeds of men remain
the same
(02-08-2011, 08:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Dice

Why would you read anything that openly declares itself Right or Left?

Umm, that's pretty much how British newspapers work.
Enosh
(02-08-2011, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

no one claimed it is

he is talking about the moral thingy in the next paragraph
Herpes Reasons
aka Gilbert's Comic Sans

Originally Posted by mamacint

The American Family Association is a pretty big deal. This isn't just some random blog.

who? and it might as well be blog site. the whole article felt like an HS essay.
FlyinJ
Douchebag. Yes, me.

Originally Posted by Zenith

Why post this? It's an unimportant person on an unimportant site. There are millions of them.

He's hardly a nobody. He's a major part of the AFA, and he's the one of the guys who spearheaded that whole "Keep the 10 commandments statue in front of city hall" movement.
B_Rik_Schitthaus
Banned
(02-08-2011, 08:23 PM)
I'm sure in 50 years China will say a similar thing about the same land.
Last edited by B_Rik_Schitthaus; 02-08-2011 at 08:29 PM.
FoneBone
(02-08-2011, 08:23 PM)

Originally Posted by FlyinJ

This is just, well....

So what's next? Confiscating property owned by homosexuals because they morally disqualified themselves?

The AFA's pretty fucking nuts even by crazy fundie standards. Bryan Fischer especially.
BocoDragon
or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
(02-08-2011, 08:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Enosh

no one claimed it is

Sure they did. They claimed that the Natives were expelled from their land (via force among other things) because of their moral transgression in god's eyes.

That's like saying because I robbed you and stole your wallet, that god was punishing you for your moral poverty.
Sickboy007
(02-08-2011, 08:25 PM)
this guy is nuts

"Homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler, and homosexuals in the military gave us the Brown Shirts, the Nazi war machine and six million dead Jews."

antonz
(02-08-2011, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Sickboy007

this guy is nuts

should check out his twitter. Hes so out there he even hates Sarah Palin because she didnt say Gays should be banned from the GOP
GhaleonQ
(02-08-2011, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by viakado

who? and it might as well be blog site. the whole article felt like an HS essay.

Do you remember something about that woman who started(?) the Pandagon liberal website and then said awful things in her capacity as John Edwards' official blogger? This seems even less than that (even if it's gross and theologically suspect for a guy with a divinity degree).
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(02-08-2011, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by FlyinJ

This is just, well....

If we go by what that man said, then yes. He would likely totally support it.
Stinkles
sober, clothed, willing

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

Hoooolllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shiiit.

Missionaries were murdered in cold blood, including Marcus Whitman, who was tomahawked to death in his own house in 1848 by the Cayuse and Umatilla Indians in what became the Oregon Territory.

And these monsters, we never did anything to them!!!!1
Rapstah
Fucking reverse points. The reason indians today are poor and alcoholized is probably because their land was taken from them, not despite.
wayward archer
(02-08-2011, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Rapstah

Fucking reverse points. The reason indians today are poor and alcoholized is probably because their land was taken from them, not despite.

Religious logic: If bad things happen to you, it's because you obviously deserve them.
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(02-08-2011, 08:36 PM)
Thank you for reminding me the cesspool of villany that is the American Family Association.
ZephyrFate
Banned

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

And these monsters, we never did anything to them!!!!1

I love how he quotes like a few deaths compared to the outright genocide of Native Americans WE committed.
GhaleonQ
Does he think that the Coptic Christians who get murdered regularly are wimps, and that southern Sudan (now South Sudan?) was totally punished for being Christian?
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(02-08-2011, 08:40 PM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonQ

Does he think that the Coptic Christians who get murdered regularly are wimps, and that southern Sudan (now South Sudan?) was totally punished for being Christian?

They are not evangelicals, so they probably deserve it.
Invisible_Insane
(02-08-2011, 08:44 PM)
This isn't news. This is par for the course. We have all seen this before, and ignoring it is our best option.
Sho_Nuff82
(02-08-2011, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by BocoDragon

God decides the outcome of every conflict, no matter how minor, in this earth. If you win, it's because you carried God's favor. If you lose, it's because you pissed God off. Ipso facto, the winners of every fistfight, property dispute, relay race, online gaming session, Super Bowl, election, and major war were the morally superior side. Instead of looking outwardly at why their people were hopelessly slaughtered by the big meanies exercising God's will, perhaps they should have been reflecting inwardly at where their spirituality went wrong?

That sounded even dumber putting it into writing.
Hari Seldon
(02-08-2011, 08:49 PM)
Sounds like Conquistador logic to me.
tiff
Banned
(02-08-2011, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Sho_Nuff82

Hey I remember this from history class. Manifest something something.

I got more of a White Man's Burden vibe.
GhaleonQ
(02-08-2011, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Funky Papa

They are not evangelicals, so they probably deserve it.

Pretty much!

...Wait, South Sudan probably is. His logic may be suspect, guys.
Riddick
(02-08-2011, 08:57 PM)
I'll just leave this here

http://www.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147500421
lightless_shado
Banned
(02-08-2011, 09:12 PM)

Originally Posted by tiff

I got more of a White Man's Burden vibe.

Different sides of the same coin. Others would rather just wipe them out, while some believe that they can be turned into "ideal citizens".

But at the end of the day, their culture, identity, and property will cease disappear.
jay
(02-08-2011, 09:14 PM)

This seems even less than that (even if it's gross and theologically suspect for a guy with a divinity degree).

I hear divinity programs are extremely competitive. It took me 7 seconds to log into Universal Life Church the other day, so I believe it.
Opiate
Depressingly Realistic
(02-08-2011, 09:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Enosh

no one claimed it is

I agree, although it I find the juxtaposition amusing.

"We conquered the Native Americans because of their moral depravity. Also, as a footnote, it may have had something to do with the fact that we had guns and they didn't."
stuminus3
Never buying another games console. Ever.
(02-08-2011, 09:32 PM)
Buddy should chill out and listen to some Queen.
GhaleonQ
(02-08-2011, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by jay

I hear divinity programs are extremely competitive. It took me 7 seconds to log into Universal Life Church the other day, so I believe it.

"He has an undergraduate degree in philosophy from Stanford University, and a graduate degree in theology from Dallas Theological Seminary."

And with those research skills, you'll fit right in! *wasn't sure if you were being a douche, but it seemed like it; apologies if you weren't; both universities are very good.*
ivedoneyourmom
(02-08-2011, 09:42 PM)
I feel sick.
jay
(02-08-2011, 09:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Opiate

I agree, although it I find the juxtaposition amusing.

"We conquered the Native Americans because of their moral depravity. Also, as a footnote, it may have had something to do with the fact that we had guns and they didn't."

Didn't we have guns because we were morally superior?

"He has an undergraduate degree in philosophy from Stanford University, and a graduate degree in theology from Dallas Theological Seminary."

And with those research skills, you'll fit right in! *wasn't sure if you were being a douche, but it seemed like it; apologies if you weren't; both universities are very good.*

Of course I was being a douche.
Gaborn
Gaborn News:
Penetrating Your World™
(02-08-2011, 09:51 PM)
Just a total nutjob. Sad