• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lakitu
st5fu
(06-01-2011, 11:51 PM)

This was up on the EA store and has since been removed.

Discuss.

Update:

Last edited by Nirolak; 06-05-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Gravijah
(06-01-2011, 11:52 PM)
OH TALI LET ME REMOVE YOUR HELMET
daviyoung
Where to begin...
Vamphuntr
As long as it's not required it's perfectly fine for me.
Forkball
(06-01-2011, 11:53 PM)
Dance Central: Citadel
Chinner
is it compatible with a story by any chance???
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
Helmet mode.
Sophia
Great, now I can look like a fool in my own home using biotechs!
BlueSummers
If this is true it will most likely be used in small ways such as moving planets with your hands for scanning, per say. Another possibility are mass effect mini games using it. lol
markatisu
Could easily be used for the mini games (mining a planet, hacking the computers) or going through menus (switching guns)
BY2K
Membero Americo
Sex scene playable, then?
chandoog
(06-01-2011, 11:54 PM)
suckithaters.gif
subversus
I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'll slap your alien ass face!
chubigans
y'all should be ashamed
I bet you'll get to talk to the Normandy.

THANKS TO THE POWAH OF KINECT
Metalmurphy
Banned

Originally Posted by Forkball

ShockingAlberto
I hope it's true because I am going to play it on PC regardless and the reaction would be priceless.
TheOddOne

Originally Posted by Forkball

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I guess its THE game for REMEMBER CITADEL.
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom
Interesting.

Thing is, I don't see what Kinect could do for Mass Effect. Voice recognition? Maybe for ordering your squad, but that's kind of meh. R6 Vegas 2 did the same thing, it was more efficient to use the buttons.

I don't see what it would add to combat, inventory management, or anything else. It don't really care if they do it or not, but I think it's unlikely.
Weenerz
Banned
(06-01-2011, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

I hope it's true because I am going to play it on PC regardless and the reaction would be priceless.

This this this.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
Well, the omnitool sword on his arm is in the game, but was not revealed until recently, so presumably this is correct.

Originally Posted by Snuggler

Interesting.

Thing is, I don't see what Kinect could do for Mass Effect. Voice recognition? Maybe for ordering your squad, but that's kind of meh. R6 Vegas 2 did the same thing, it was more efficient to use the buttons.

I don't see what it would add to combat, inventory management, or anything else. It don't really care if they do it or not, but I think it's unlikely.

EA did make voice commands for The Sims 3 Unleashed already, so it's entirely possible they just ported that over.
tea_and_crumpets
[IMG]http://i48.************/j7vrqx.gif[/IMG]
Carl
Not just kinect compatible, but BETTER WITH KINECT
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
Other than the Kinect logo, that's actually a decent cover for once. Especially compared to the godawful ME2 cover.
Darkgran
(06-01-2011, 11:56 PM)
Sex mini-game?
Metalmurphy
Banned

Interesting.

If they let you order your squad through arm/hand motions it would be cool.

Even if pressing a button is faster and more convenient lol
darkpaladinmfc
I'm Commander Shepherd and Kinect is my favourite peripheral on the Citadel.
Totobeni
An blind dancing ho
I think it will be one of two things..

-Romancing characters now with your hands and penis
or
-Use Kinect as a mic for multiplayer mode
Grecco
I look forward to this
subversus
I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

Interesting.

You can silence people during long speeches by showing them a middle finger.
Papercuts
fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Interesting.

I guess biotics? I thought MS was planning on updating the kinect to work with a controller at the same time, otherwise I don't really see it doing much if this is even true.

Originally Posted by Totobeni

I think it will be one of two things..

-Romancing characters now with your hands and penis
or
-Use Kinect as a mic for multiplayer mode

The kinect can work as a mic for any game, they wouldn't put the bar on the case if that's it.
Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Originally Posted by daviyoung

Where to begin...

Robot dancing with legion?

Sign me UP!
I NEED SCISSORS
Banned
If we can pilot the Normandy and molest EDI then it's worth it.
Darklord
(06-01-2011, 11:57 PM)
Probably some shitty mini-game.
Afrikan
I wonder if Microsoft would start money hatting for Motion Control exclusives for multiplat games....I wouldn't put it past them. Especially if the other console motion option might be implemented better.
Mindlog
Quoting yourself is tacky so I'll leave this unattributed snippet.

Bioware has a habit of releasing mini-games ahead of the release date. I'm really crossing my fingers for a downloadable Kinect/Webcam dance game. We can import our dances into the ME3 victory rave.

Yup. I AM easy to please.
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.

Originally Posted by BlueSummers

If this is true it will most likely be used in small ways such as moving planets with your hands for scanning, per say. Another possibility are mass effect mini games using it. lol

Now that would actually be cool as the map in the game is manipulated like you would some Kintect software.
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(06-01-2011, 11:58 PM)
I'm honestly curious how this would work. Using it for sci-fi-esque menu navigation would be awesome, I'm picturing the map from ME1
TheOddOne

Originally Posted by Afrikan

I wonder if Microsoft would start money hatting for Motion Control exclusives for multiplat games....I wouldn't put it past them. Especially if the other console motion option might be implemented better.

Well there have been MOVE exclusive things done before, right? So, yeah.
Snuggles
erotic butter maelstrom

Originally Posted by Jarmel

Other than the Kinect logo, that's actually a decent cover for once. Especially compared to the godawful ME2 cover.

I hate it, another render of default Shepard with a scowl on his face. It's almost as bad as the ME2 cover.
V_Ben
If it lets me yell "good", "nasty" or "badass" at my tv, that'll be amusing.
Yoshichan
I've played over 500 hours of DMC2 and consider the game good.
(06-01-2011, 11:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Gravijah

OH TALI LET ME REMOVE YOUR HELMET

THIS.
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
(06-02-2011, 12:01 AM)

I hate it, another render of default Shepard with a scowl on his face. It's almost as bad as the ME2 cover.

The covers will always have default Shepard. That's a given at this point. The background though and the art just seem to mesh better compared to the atrocious ME2 one.
InaudibleWhispa
Here's what Bioware have had to say about Kinect in the past: "We're not going to do a party game, we're not going to do Dance Dance Krogan for Mass Effect. The reality is it's going to have a really positive impact. Can we create a greater sense of immersion during conversations by using gestures? I think we probably could and I think that's where we'll explore." Bioware boss Greg Zeschuk told GamesIndustry.biz last year.

And BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka: "You could bolt it on, do it as afterthought, kind of 'Hey, Ta-dah! It's Kinect-enabled! Check!' Well, that's not how we would do it. We would actually try to think about how you do it in a way that actually makes the game better."
Mindlog

Originally Posted by V_Ben

If it lets me yell "good", "nasty" or "badass" at my tv, that'll be amusing.

I'm hope for some throwbacks. I've lost shield! Taking cover. I will destroy you!

They could also use Kinect to get the paramour achievement.
Sadist
(06-02-2011, 12:02 AM)
oh wow
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head

Originally Posted by InaudibleWhispa

Here's what Bioware have had to say about Kinect in the past: "We're not going to do a party game, we're not going to do Dance Dance Krogan for Mass Effect. The reality is it's going to have a really positive impact. Can we create a greater sense of immersion during conversations by using gestures? I think we probably could and I think that's where we'll explore." Bioware boss Greg Zeschuk told GamesIndustry.biz last year.

And BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka: "You could bolt it on, do it as afterthought, kind of 'Hey, Ta-dah! It's Kinect-enabled! Check!' Well, that's not how we would do it. We would actually try to think about how you do it in a way that actually makes the game better."

It'll probably tie into the interrupt system. Punch to punch someone, laugh to laugh, etc.
alr1ght
bish gets all the credit :)
blue and orange and bald.
user_nat
THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Yes. Finally I can scan planets by hand.

Seriously though, they could have you read the lines instead of selecting them.
Grisby
(06-02-2011, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by The_Technomancer

I'm honestly curious how this would work. Using it for sci-fi-esque menu navigation would be awesome, I'm picturing the map from ME1

Yeah, my first thought. Could be awesome.

Damn, I wish they would make an XBLA mass effect RTS or something using Kinect.
Lakitu
st5fu
(06-02-2011, 12:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Jarmel

The covers will always have default Shepard. That's a given at this point. The background though and the art just seem to mesh better compared to the atrocious ME2 one.

Yeah I agree. I don't hate it, it's about what I expected. The ME 2 cover was so fucking bad that it made me jump to the limited edition just to avoid having that shitty cover in my collection. This isn't anywhere near as bad. Resembles ME 1's cover a little bit I suppose.