• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Ramirez

mik said:
GG. I gotta figure out how to deal with QB pressure, toute suite.

Yea, I haven't gotten more than 1 or 2 sacks in the other 3 games I've gotten to play, but got 6 in this game. The last 3 might have been due to the hurry up and the guy being tired of something, my LE blew by him without much resistance every time. The one that I actually got was due to the screen, your guys didn't even brush me or anything, lol.

I had one early on in the game that I totally whiffed on, I'm so used to the assist from past games that I wasn't even trying to aim the guy towards your QB, felt like a retard. I also whiffed on an easy INT/Instant tackle early on too, the game is definitely taking some getting used to this year...

mik

mik is unbeatable
There's no way in the world FSU is three-stars in prestige. They haven't fallen THAT far. ;)

GCQuinton

Meier said:
Would love to get on the waiting list as FSU..

We run our league different from FMT's, in that we run it "career" style with everyone starting out with teams at three stars or less of prestige, so you wouldn't be able to be FSU right away with us. From there we let the coaching carousel run its course.

If you still want on the waiting list, though, I'll add you.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Two Games

Army vs Duke
#24 Arizona State vs #21 Missouri
Colorado vs Minnesota
Rutgers vs Oregon State
Ole Miss vs Northern Illinois
#18 Miss State vs #12 Auburn
Pittsburgh vs Cal
Kentucky vs USF

Week Two Headlines

Defensive Battles Highlight Majority Of Week 1 Action
Miss State Defeats Cal In Overtime
Besties BPH and MrCWS Prepare To Face Off
Arizona State Beats Rutgers In The First Of Many Eventual Meetings

Player of the Week

Collins Ukwu, DE, Kentucky
13-6 W Against Oregon State
5 tackles, 4 TFL, ATK, 4 sacks

Ranked Teams

Miss State - #18 Coaches
Arizona State - #24 Coaches

Game of the Week

Rutgers vs Oregon State

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
GG GCQ. I'm still having issues on offense, especially with NIU, but my defense won me the game today.
GG man. Way too many turnovers for me. Seems like there alot of defensive battles Week 1.

Meier

GCQuinton said:
We run our league different from FMT's, in that we run it "career" style with everyone starting out with teams at three stars or less of prestige, so you wouldn't be able to be FSU right away with us. From there we let the coaching carousel run its course.

If you still want on the waiting list, though, I'll add you.
Ah ha! Yeah, still interested either way.

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
My defense and o line is fucking trash... Thats all I have to say.

You got 3 turnovers dude. You got some rushing yards on me and I got gashed for an early 1st QTR TD run again. If the outcome was reversed, you wouldn't be as mad.

The Horn is in my hands!

mik

mik is unbeatable
BigAT said:
I think I can do that actually.
Turns out I'm screwed tonight. But I'm open evenings the rest of the week. Late tomorrow, but by 8:00 eastern or so Thursday and Friday.

Ramirez

Man, I ran all over USF, they got their lone TD in garbage time. I think I get Florida and LSU back to back next, yay.

BigAT

mik said:
Turns out I'm screwed tonight. But I'm open evenings the rest of the week. Late tomorrow, but by 8:00 eastern or so Thursday and Friday.
Alright, let me know when you'll be around tomorrow night. I'm going out to dinner but I should be home like 8-9 EST. I'm headed down to AC on Thursday so I would prefer to get it done tomorrow.

TheCrow

Azwethinkweiz said:
Man, Mizzou was no joke. They beat the shit out of me. Stupid spread is impossible to stop.
Tell me about it. Just played them in the other league and I barely had enough DBs to defend their 5 wr formations and they loved the no huddle. Couldn't get their offense off the field.

BigAT

I said it already in the other thread, but the CPU is no joke this year. I think there are going to be a lot more losses to CPU teams during the dynasty than there has been in any other year.

BigAT said:
I said it already in the other thread, but the CPU is no joke this year. I think there are going to be a lot more losses to CPU teams during the dynasty than there has been in any other year.

As it rightfully should be with us using 3 star teams.

Nightz

Striker and I are planning to play tomorrow, just in case we end up being the last game and you guys go hunting for our heads. :)

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
I cannot pass AT ALL this year. I have been averaging 3 picks a game. :(

Must have had a horrific first game if you're averaging 3 a game being you only threw 1 against me!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Horn sound if you couldn't tell)

BigAT

I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to remove the delay as the camera rotates on a turnover. It's absolutely impossible to control your player as the camera moves and your controls are instantly flipped. It's just dumb, I've seen it in every human vs. human game I've played so far.

BigAT said:
I don't know who decided it would be a good idea to remove the delay as the camera rotates on a turnover. It's absolutely impossible to control your player as the camera moves and your controls are instantly flipped. It's just dumb, I've seen it in every human vs. human game I've played so far.
It cost me 7 points in my game vs MrCWS, which would have put me up by 14-0 at that point.

BigAT

GG mik, seems like a lot went my way that game (aside from losing my starting QB for two quarters).

There was a while there where it felt like neither one of our offensive lines had much interest in pass blocking. I know I got a bunch of sacks with just rushing 4 and I'm pretty sure a couple of yours were just from the front 4 as well.

Edit: Put a video of one in my game story. Two of O-linemen just stare blankly at your DE and never lay a finger on him:
http://www.easports.com/dynasty#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0017fa78b31a_5064D_6DE96AAF&dynid=329293&sku=512A0001&sid=0&wknum=1

mik

mik is unbeatable
Yeah, I'm pretty clueless on offense right now.

It didn't help that I twice realized I was controlling my receiver, remembered it was against the law to control your player, and stopped running, allowing a pair of interceptions. (then I threw one more idiotic INT in there for good measure)

GG--you stomped my gonads.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:

It's definitely faster in this year's game, but it was like that in last year's too. I say from my vast amount of experience in turning the ball over. But yeah, it sucks.

mik said:
Yeah, I'm pretty clueless on offense right now.

It didn't help that I twice realized I was controlling my receiver, remembered it was against the law to control your player, and stopped running, allowing a pair of interceptions. (then I threw one more idiotic INT in there for good measure)

GG--you stomped my gonads.
I can't pass to save my life. It seems like the corners are superman this year. They seem to react way too well and swat down passes even though their back is to the ball.

MrCWS83

Big Papa Husker said:
It seems like the corners are superman this year. They seem to react way too well and swat down passes even though their back is to the ball.

I'll agree to an extent that it seems like maybe the defense reacts "too well" but it seems more like NCAA of old to me, circa PS2 years

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
It's definitely faster in this year's game, but it was like that in last year's too. I say from my vast amount of experience in turning the ball over. But yeah, it sucks.
I know it was in last year as well, I just felt I hadn't bitched about it an appropriate amount for this year. :p

I remember losing a couple INTs last year because I was holding LT and immediately lateraled and fumbled the ball the second I caught it.

Ramirez

BigAT said:

lol, I always end up doing a hurdle every time I intercept something, completely kills any chance of a return.

BigAT

Ramirez said:
lol, I always end up doing a hurdle every time I intercept something, completely kills any chance of a return.
I either do a hurdle or the momentum killing two steps back, one step forward routine. Az lost out on an easy defensive TD against me because his lineman did that on a fumble recovery when he had a clear path to the end zone. I ended up holding him to only a field goal.

why do they not give human vs. human games a pause? if you are playing the CPU in online dynasty, you get the pause after int (or PAINT, as i call it). no paint in human vs. human :(

GCQuinton

Thursday morning "Games Left" update:

Ole Miss vs Northern Illinois
#18 Miss State vs #12 Auburn
Pittsburgh vs Cal

I think everyone has updated their status already, so this is just a reminder. Deadline's tomorrow.

Striker

Jesus Christ, GG Nightz. I panicked and instead of electing FG to tie, I chose Shotgun which I couldn't get out of and no had timeouts. Fuck.

My left side of the line is ass anyway. Got sacked every drive it seemed like lol. :(

Nightz

GG man, another nail biter. I thought it was over when I threw that pick at the end of the 4th. Thankfully I was able to get it back. I was scared that the clock wasn't going to run down on the last play, since it seemed to stay stuck at 8 seconds on the previous play.

Top Bottom