• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"AAA" Rambo game in 2012 [ PC, PS360 ]

Frankfurt

Banned
http://manatank.com/2011/08/04/aaa-rambo-game-works-coming-2012/

Craig Lewis, commercial director of Reef had the following to say: “We have big ambitions for Reef and the Rambo IP is the first step in establishing us as a worldwide player.

“Rambo will be a triple-A title on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC and will capture the gritty atmosphere and full-on action which made the Rambo movies so successful.

I just hope it's 3rd person and at least half playable. Decapitations too, kthxbye.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What indicates AAA?

AAA is like the catchphrase for people who don't know what they're doing.

Good games (and people) will never refer to themselves as AAA. They let their game do the talking.

Miggytronz

rambo3.gif

yes please

Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good.....

Im sorry but I am a MASSIVE Rambo fan. My favourite action movie from that era. Ive been praying for a new Rambo game ever since Rambo on the Genesis.

If they retold First Blood and part 2. I would implode.

R2D4

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I am cautiously optimistic. Also I've only seen Rambo 1 and 4, am I missing out?

Those are the good ones. First Blood being the best. And ironically the most opposite to 4 because John Rambo doesn't kill anyone. 3 is good but not great. 2 is blah.

I don't really see people falling over for Rambo in gaming when every dudebro game has been Rambo-ish for years not sure the real IP can carry a game in this age

80-90s yes, now?

R2D4 said:
Those are the good ones. First Blood being the best. And ironically the most opposite to 4 because John Rambo doesn't kill anyone. 3 is good but not great. 2 is blah.

3 was awful, 2 was awesome in that 80's action movie sense

TUROK

They should make it like the first film, in which you can't kill anybody, and if you kill someone on accident, you have a mental breakdown.

Man, the phrase "AAA game" really irritates me. As far as I'm concerned, if anything will bring about the fall of the videogame industry, this will. They probably don't even have a gameplay concept yet, they'll throw shitloads of money at it, panic halfway through, and turn it into an utterly unambitous shooter.

Sly has had the rights for the novel Hunter (main character going after a killer beast) and he originally thought of adapting it for another Rambo sequel but he discarded the idea, mostly due to The Expendables success. I wonder if they'd base the game on that.

The game needs to have that feeling like you're hunting men, setting traps for them to step into, and often being armed with nothing more than a utility knife, a bow, and your own bare hands. You, as the player, need to feel sorry for the enemy for having to deal with you.

The gameplay's difficulty must come from being pushed. Your abilities come from pushing back. They'll be lucky that you didn't kill all of them.

Carbonox

Stallone's likeness and voice or GTFO.

I also agree with the notion that it should be a COD/MGS hybrid. Throw in some cinematic Michael Bay shit and I will buy 40 copies.

Realistically I expect none of the above to happen and for me to be extremely disappointed.

RedSwirl

AlphaTwo00 said:
AAA is like the catchphrase for people who don't know what they're doing.

Good games (and people) will never refer to themselves as AAA. They let their game do the talking.

Top Bottom