• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Card Boy
Member
(11-06-2011, 09:28 PM)
Card Boy's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohhthegore

Was wondering if anyone can give me a suggestion on which next game I should knock out of my backlog next

Mirrors Edge
Alien Vs. Predator
The Chronicle of Riddick
Metro 2033

I would prefer something short to beat

The Chronicles of Riddick. Don't listen to the Mirrors Edge fanboys. It has 2 games in 1, at least clock Escape from Butcher Bay if you want a Prison Break like experience, then move to Mirrors Edge then finish off Assault on Dark Athena.
Laekon
Member
(11-06-2011, 09:32 PM)
Thanks. My back log is really long so I really didn't need to add to it.
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(11-06-2011, 09:49 PM)
Mrbob's Avatar
Whoops, wrong thread.
Oreoleo
Member
(11-06-2011, 09:50 PM)
Oreoleo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mrbob

Another TAINT?


Rivers you are pathetic.

Mrbob
I wandered too far from
the NFL thread and now everyone knows I'm crazy
for more reasons than being a rabid Bears fan.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(11-06-2011, 10:31 PM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gez

The Chronicles of Riddick. Don't listen to the Mirrors Edge fanboys. It has 2 games in 1, at least clock Escape from Butcher Bay if you want a Prison Break like experience, then move to Mirrors Edge then finish off Assault on Dark Athena.

To counter such an opinion as this, I must add my opinion that Mirror's Edge is the game to pick!

Also, I tried the Wallace and Gromit episode 1 demo. I didn't care for it too much. It's kind of amusing but maybe I've gotten too old and bitter to play such things. :(
jaundicejuice
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:31 PM)
jaundicejuice's Avatar
I played a bit of L.A. Noire on console, I actually finally opened the new and sealed copy I purchased day one a few days before the PC port was announced. I liked what I played, even though it was obviously flawed in some regards. I like that the primary mechanics are dialogue and crime scene investigations rather than the defacto standard of non-stop violence. In a lot of ways L.A. Noire is pretty much a point and click adventure game dressed up as an open world game, in some ways it shares a lot of the same flaws that oldschool adventure games as far as the puzzles go. I'm also quite partial to the era/setting and like leaner open world games that eschew the superfluous side activities. The base version of Mafia II is one of my favourite games, the DLC (even Joe's Adventure) added in all of the junk I kind of don't like in open world games.

Whether or not this will remain my experience once I play the whole game through on PC is another matter. I typically start off loving Rockstar games and then fall out of love with them by the end. I hated GTA IV (50 hours) and Red Dead Redemption (30 hours) by the time I finished them. When I hit a certain amount of time invested in a game I just can't stop for some belligerent reason.

I did pre-order the game but we'll see if I'll be able to tear myself away from SKyrim when it does come out.
chixdiggit
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:39 PM)
chixdiggit's Avatar
Wait... what is the $45 Skyrim D2D deal?
Vamphuntr
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:50 PM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar
Anyone has a new issue with Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines? Last night Steam forced me to update the game so it could convert it to a better format or whatever and it erased the fans' patch. I reinstalled the fans' patch and played the game last night and in the afternoon today but now I can't even boot the game. I get a "Can't find steam" error or a "game is not available try again later". My other games work fine.

Guess this game hates me.
PhoenixDawn
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:50 PM)
PhoenixDawn's Avatar

Originally Posted by chixdiggit

Wait... what is the $45 Skyrim D2D deal?

Skyrim is $53.95 normally at D2D, and if you have an IGN Prime account it takes an addition 15% off that price. You used to be able to make an IGN Prime account using a 30 day free trial but they removed that at the start of this week.
I missed that deal, but meh, I don't feel too bad paying a bit more for such a content filled game.
catabarez
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:52 PM)
catabarez's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

Anyone has a new issue with Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines? Last night Steam forced me to update the game so it could convert it to a better format or whatever and it erased the fans' patch. I reinstalled the fans' patch and played the game last night and in the afternoon today but now I can't even boot the game. I get a "Can't find steam" error or a "game is not available try again later". My other games work fine.

Guess this game hates me.

Have you tried running both steam and Vampires as admin?
Vamphuntr
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:55 PM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar

Originally Posted by catabarez

Have you tried running both steam and Vampires as admin?

Yup. Doesn't work...
FlyinJ
Douchebag. Yes, me.
(11-06-2011, 10:55 PM)
Does Direct2Drive release their Steam codes early for sake of preloading?
MRORANGE
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:56 PM)
MRORANGE's Avatar

Originally Posted by FlyinJ

Does Direct2Drive release their Steam codes early for sake of preloading?


usually yes.
Vamphuntr
Member
(11-06-2011, 10:57 PM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar
How do you activate your 15% off discount? I have a prime trial. Can you gift it?
Fare Godmace
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:01 PM)
Fare Godmace's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

Anyone has a new issue with Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines? Last night Steam forced me to update the game so it could convert it to a better format or whatever and it erased the fans' patch. I reinstalled the fans' patch and played the game last night and in the afternoon today but now I can't even boot the game. I get a "Can't find steam" error or a "game is not available try again later". My other games work fine.

Guess this game hates me.

Yeah, it forced me to update two days ago. I had just saved before the final boss and the fucking "Can't find Steam" error appeared :/

But just as I was checking once more if the game worked before reinstalling... It did! I swear I didn't touch anything, after two days the error dissapeared. The patch is missing, sure, but I finally could beat it.

Seriously, folks, buy this game next time it's on sale. IMHO, the bad pats aren't as bad as people say and the good ones are even better. Once again, many thanks to EatChildren for gifting it to me! I'd love to start a second playthough as a Malkavian chick, but I have to seriously start decreasing my backlog's size, my HDD is almost full :(
PhoenixDawn
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:02 PM)
PhoenixDawn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

How do you activate your 15% off discount? I have a prime trial. Can you gift it?

Something with logging in to D2D with your IGN account, although I don't know the specifics because I don't have a prime account. There was a very informative post about it although I can't for the life of me find the link to it at the moment. I'll see if I can't dig it up in my history (or if someone else knows what post I'm talking about it'd be appreciated. :P)
coopolon
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:04 PM)
coopolon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

How do you activate your 15% off discount? I have a prime trial. Can you gift it?

For me it just shows up when checking out as long as I logged in with the same account I signed up for IGN prime with.
jediyoshi
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:05 PM)
jediyoshi's Avatar
Rofl, is there a reason why the bonus text for MW3 is identical on Steam and D2D?




Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

How do you activate your 15% off discount? I have a prime trial. Can you gift it?

There should be a link in the checkout page that says it recognizes that you have an IGN account and to log in from there.
Korranator
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:07 PM)
Korranator's Avatar
So how good is Sanctum?

I played through the first two levels and enjoyed it, but it was easy. I'm just afraid that I could blow through the game in a couple of day. Replay value?
Vamphuntr
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:09 PM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar
Thanks guys! It's working (45.86$).

It's also possible to gift it!
PhoenixDawn
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:12 PM)
PhoenixDawn's Avatar
Great that it worked! :)
Also good to hear that it's giftable... May have to find someone to gift it to me in exchange for a $50 steam purchase or something. Will have to think on that one first though.
jaundicejuice
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:14 PM)
jaundicejuice's Avatar

Originally Posted by Korranator

So how good is Sanctum?

I played through the first two levels and enjoyed it, but it was easy. I'm just afraid that I could blow through the game in a couple of day. Replay value?


If you have a couple of friends to play with, it's great. That's where the strength and replay values lies, in my opinion. I think you'll get a solid hour alone out of making Stephen Hawking say the silliest of things, most of which seems to be 90's gangsta rap. I bought Sanctum for 2.50$ during the summer sale and out of the hundreds of dollars I spent, Sanctum was easily the best purchase. I sunk about twelve hours into the game before stopping.
LQX
Remember, he is Canadian.
(11-06-2011, 11:17 PM)
LQX's Avatar
Anyone interested in Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines? Please trade me something or buy. I'm stuck with it.


Originally Posted by jediyoshi

Rofl, is there a reason why the bonus text for MW3 is identical on Steam and D2D?





There should be a link in the checkout page that says it recognizes that you have an IGN account and to log in from there.

Activision seems to have very hands on approach to anything promotions with COD so they probably mocked that whole thing up. If I remember right the reason many retailers are not really running credit promotions is because they wont let them. Online retailers like Walmart and Amazon would probably be running $20 credits if they could.
PaulLFC
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:42 PM)
PaulLFC's Avatar
Is the retail verison of Sonic Generations Steamworks?
Nabs
(11-06-2011, 11:42 PM)
Nabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by PaulLFC

Is the retail verison of Sonic Generations Steamworks?

Yeah. Got mine for $25 on amazon.
Card Boy
Member
(11-06-2011, 11:43 PM)
Card Boy's Avatar
Can you use a US proxy to bypass the region lock on 80% of the games on D2D?
amdnv
Member
(11-07-2011, 12:01 AM)
amdnv's Avatar

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

I went through this a bit ago too. Shame about the elevator glitch, seems weird they wouldn't patch out something that breaks the game like that.

What's the elevator glitch? I didn't encounter anything (Win 7 64)
Dog Problems
Member
(11-07-2011, 12:09 AM)
Dog Problems's Avatar
Nice to see the Wallace and Gromit games on sale. I've been wanting to have them on Steam since buying them directly from TellTale comes with SecuROM. They're not TellTale's best but they're still enjoyable, especially for fans of the characters.
amrod
Member
(11-07-2011, 12:11 AM)

Originally Posted by FlyinJ

Does Direct2Drive release their Steam codes early for sake of preloading?

They gave me my MW3 one to preload....
The Mana Legend
Banned
(11-07-2011, 12:12 AM)
The Mana Legend's Avatar
WHY IS F1 2010 SO DAMN EXPENSIVE?!

I just got a new gaming PC and have been wanting to play this so damn badly, but not for $30.
amrod
Member
(11-07-2011, 12:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Vamphuntr

How do you activate your 15% off discount? I have a prime trial. Can you gift it?

You login to direct2drive with your IGN login... add Item to cart and it will appear

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 1 $53.95
15% Member Discount -$8.09

Subtotal: $45.86
Tax: $0.00
Total Cost: $45.86


If already bought it like me you'll get a error saying

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was removed from your cart due to : Previously purchased.
To re-download or have the information resent please visit your account page.
If you would like to give this as a gift, please add it to your cart and select the gift option.

According to the FAQ
Note: While you can send gifts to as many people as you want, you have to send them to one person at a time. For a complete explanation of how gifting on Direct2Drive works, click here.

https://www.direct2drive.com/Sites/R...Page/gifts.htm
DyslexicAlucard
Member
(11-07-2011, 02:37 AM)
DyslexicAlucard's Avatar
Can anyone able to get the Skyrim $45 deal add me on Steam? I'm thinking of getting that if IntKeys doesn't price match another Key site at $22.50. My current pre-order is a little under $30, and it'd be worth the extra cash to not have to worry about future DLC and VPN, etc..

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard
Hawkian
The Cryptarch's Bane
(11-07-2011, 02:50 AM)
Hawkian's Avatar
Loving Vampire: The Masquerade. The atmosphere is unlike any other game I've played. Thanks again grim! :D
Aselith
Member
(11-07-2011, 02:55 AM)
Aselith's Avatar

Originally Posted by DyslexicAlucard

Can anyone able to get the Skyrim $45 deal add me on Steam? I'm thinking of getting that if IntKeys doesn't price match another Key site at $22.50. My current pre-order is a little under $30, and it'd be worth the extra cash to not have to worry about future DLC and VPN, etc..

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DyslexicAlucard

I would also like this done for me if someone would be so kind. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aselith/
Sarcasm
Member
(11-07-2011, 03:17 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar
They need options like shutdown after all downloads complete.
DyslexicAlucard
Member
(11-07-2011, 03:23 AM)
DyslexicAlucard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

They need options like shutdown after all downloads complete.

Why... why would you ever shut down Steam? Wh--



..guys, make the bad man go away!
Exuro
Member
(11-07-2011, 03:26 AM)
Exuro's Avatar

Originally Posted by DyslexicAlucard

Why... why would you ever shut down Steam? Wh--



..guys, make the bad man go away!

Pretty sure he means the computer. I wouldn't mind that either with some games taking a few hours to download I could just set it to download at night and the comp shuts down when its finished.
Vamphuntr
Member
(11-07-2011, 03:46 AM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar
Someone still need Skyrim from D2D? I might be able to help.
Sarcasm
Member
(11-07-2011, 03:58 AM)
Sarcasm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Exuro

Pretty sure he means the computer. I wouldn't mind that either with some games taking a few hours to download I could just set it to download at night and the comp shuts down when its finished.

Exactly. I don't want to leave it on all night since I don't use AC ever and it gets hot. So when a download finishes it would shut the PC down. Steam client is a glorified browser with torrenting capabilities should be easy since practically all bit torrent programs can.

I did this a lot when testing out linux builds. Before bed I would download via torrent many distros and when they finished my PC would shut off.
imek
Member
(11-07-2011, 04:18 AM)
imek's Avatar
Looks like the Steam forums have been hacked, forums are down for maintenance atm, and received an email from steampowered.com with the following:

Ever wanted to dominate the servers you play on with guaranteed results, but you were too afraid to cheat because of ban risks? Visit removed domain It's safe, secure and undetected.

Along with hacks, we've also got some general discussion sections, hacking tutorials and tools, porn, free giveaways and much more. This site has been conditioned to meet all your needs in terms of resources so be sure to take a look and tell us what you think.

Thanks again,
the fkn0wned team.


Looking at the mail headers, looks to be sent directly through steam forums too, and sent to my steam forum contact email (separate to my steam account).
QuantumBro
Member
(11-07-2011, 04:30 AM)
QuantumBro's Avatar

Originally Posted by imek

Looks like the Steam forums have been hacked, forums are down for maintenance atm, and received an email from steampowered.com with the following:

Ever wanted to dominate the servers you play on with guaranteed results, but you were too afraid to cheat because of ban risks? Visit removed domain It's safe, secure and undetected.

Along with hacks, we've also got some general discussion sections, hacking tutorials and tools, porn, free giveaways and much more. This site has been conditioned to meet all your needs in terms of resources so be sure to take a look and tell us what you think.

Thanks again,
the fkn0wned team.


Looking at the mail headers, looks to be sent directly through steam forums too, and sent to my steam forum contact email (separate to my steam account).

Half Life 3 leak incoming?
The Big Rig
Member
(11-07-2011, 04:32 AM)
The Big Rig's Avatar
I'm assuming this is the reason I can't search for my friend in the Community Search.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(11-07-2011, 05:06 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by imek

Looks like the Steam forums have been hacked, forums are down for maintenance atm, and received an email from steampowered.com with the following:

Ever wanted to dominate the servers you play on with guaranteed results, but you were too afraid to cheat because of ban risks? Visit removed domain It's safe, secure and undetected.

Along with hacks, we've also got some general discussion sections, hacking tutorials and tools, porn, free giveaways and much more. This site has been conditioned to meet all your needs in terms of resources so be sure to take a look and tell us what you think.

Thanks again,
the fkn0wned team.


Looking at the mail headers, looks to be sent directly through steam forums too, and sent to my steam forum contact email (separate to my steam account).

I checked four different email accounts and didn't see anything...did anyone else get the email?
Vamphuntr
Member
(11-07-2011, 05:06 AM)
Vamphuntr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

I checked four different email accounts and didn't see anything...did anyone else get the email?

Negative for me.
crimsonheadGCN
Member
(11-07-2011, 05:08 AM)
crimsonheadGCN's Avatar

Fkn0wned Forum is currently unavailable
In lights of someone crediting us for the recent breaches of steam forums, the board is offline.
Fkn0wned is not responsible.

Contact cultoffowh@hotmail.com if you have any inquiries.

.
Flunkie
Banned
(11-07-2011, 05:10 AM)
Flunkie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

I checked four different email accounts and didn't see anything...did anyone else get the email?

Nope.
Aselith
Member
(11-07-2011, 05:12 AM)
Aselith's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sarcasm

Exactly. I don't want to leave it on all night since I don't use AC ever and it gets hot. So when a download finishes it would shut the PC down. Steam client is a glorified browser with torrenting capabilities should be easy since practically all bit torrent programs can.

I did this a lot when testing out linux builds. Before bed I would download via torrent many distros and when they finished my PC would shut off.


Try downloading this Download Manager, man. I have Hughes Net but I think the program wouldn't have issues for you even though you're not on it. You don't have to sign into a Hughes Net account to download it as far as I can tell. You can set the program to shut off your computer at specific times and you can actually set it to open an .exe at a specific time so it should be handy for what you want.

http://home.myhughesnet.com/services.php

I use it personally and it will function perfectly as long as you don't have a program that has a dialogue that you have to click before shutdown which luckily Steam doesn't.

It's not quite the same as when a download finishes but just guesstimate the time and then finish it in the am if you need to.


Here's an example of how I have it set up:

Last edited by Aselith; 11-07-2011 at 05:17 AM.
DTKT
Member
(11-07-2011, 05:15 AM)
DTKT's Avatar
No email here.

I guess I'm glad that the forum account is separate from the Steam client account.
Card Boy
Member
(11-07-2011, 05:19 AM)
Card Boy's Avatar
Yeah my Steam forums email and PW is completely different from my Steam account. I was paranoid they would ban my Steam account like EA does with their games.
Aselith
Member
(11-07-2011, 05:21 AM)
Aselith's Avatar

Originally Posted by DTKT

No email here.

I guess I'm glad that the forum account is separate from the Steam client account.

Obviously any breach sucks but as long as the CC systems or something aren't breached thus exposing your personals in a much more serious way, your account should be a-ok even if they got your password since Steam Guard would prevent unwanted access unless they get to your email also.

Thread Tools