• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT3| GL HF NO GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pancakes said:
Today is a good day!

rHuKJ.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28896666&postcount=19865

:p

Pollux

So I did what everyone has been telling me not to do...i'm fucking with build orders. Basically repeating the 3-rax over and over and over got boring as shit and I wanted to try something else with terrans that would be really different.

This is all against the AI, but it worked on hard, which is something I rarely beat with the 3-rax build

I built the barracks ---> factory ---> and then 2 star ports with tech upgrades. and made 4 banshees, got the cloak.

Flew over near the enemy base, cloaked and destroyed all his marines, marauders, hellions and flew back out of the way.

Then made around 3-5 vikings and a few more banshees and 2 more star ports.

All the while producing single marines from my single barracks.

Then built a second command center and expanded to another base, flew black with the clocked banshees and harassed the opposing base.

At this point I had three battle cruisers, and I brought those up, and finished it off.

All in all very fun.

Would that sort of thing work against an actual person? against zerg? another terran? protoss?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yes, Cloaked Banshees is a common strategy. However, most people use it to harass. If you have cloaked banshee's they usually go straight for the workers. Kill the workers that early, and it's basically game over.

Pollux

Yes, Cloaked Banshees is a common strategy. However, most people use it to harass. If you have cloaked banshee's they usually go straight for the workers. Kill the workers that early, and it's basically game over.

But is it possible to do an entire match relying almost entirely on air units with some ground support mixed in ?

But is it possible to do an entire match relying almost entirely on air units with some ground support mixed in ?

It's possible but difficult against terran. Against the other races i probably wouldn't suggest it. I've seen people make it work against protoss but it's difficult and i think you're better off mastering the more standard builds first.

Once you have a better understanding of each matchup you will be able to pull off less standard builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom