• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Historia, The Zelda 25th anniversary art book.

img_info01.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda25th/guidebook/index.html
Release date: 21/12/2011.
Price: 3,255 Yen.
274 pages.

img_intro01b.jpg
img_intro02b.jpg
img_intro03b.jpg
img_intro04b.jpg

And a preview of the Skyward Sword Manga:
img_intro05b.jpg

Here's a breakdown of what's in the book based on the table of contents:

Detailed Skyward Sword stuff broken into various sections: 67 pages

The World of Hyrule detailed in several sections including a timeline: 70 pages

Artwork for the individual games:
Legend of Zelda - 4 pages
Link's Adventure & Link to the Past - 2 pages
Link's Awakening - 1 page
Ocarina of Time - 6 pages
Majora's Mask - 3 pages
Wind Waker - 10 pages
Oracle series - 6 pages
Twilight Princess - 32 pages
Phantom Hourglass - 4 pages
Spirit Tracks - 22 pages

The rest of the book contains an evolution of Link's character designs over the years, a catalog of Zelda games, and some other extra stuff.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks great. Not in love with the Zelda series as much as I used to be, but I can definitely see myself buying a copy to slot alongside all my Ghibli artbooks.

Luigi87

I think what they're going for is that the Goddess had a "chosen hero" in the past as well.

That wasn't my interpretation, that's for sure.

Probably something like that, since in Skyward Sword, Link doesn't have the long pointed ears, only the short pointed ones (Zelda has long pointed ears).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Manga art looks off, but...

Oh my God, I need that artbook. Nintendo can take all of my money. I've wanted this type of thing for years. .

BY2K

Membero Americo
As of now, everything that Japan got for the 25th Anniversary we got it too, right?

I'd say that's good sign.

Jackano

Nice thing (the artbook)! The Zelda mangas has always been marketing products without many value for the series.

I will try to get an artbook for once. I've never been a fan of goodies like this but hey, it's the 25th anniversary!

Lunar15

I definitely believe this is coming over.

Instead of the manga insert, they'll use the Penny Arcade comic as an insert. I feel like this was set up from the start.

Top Bottom