• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1CC Lists

The purpose of this thread is to show off your 1CC's.

What is this 1CC? Is it edible?
No. 1CC is short for "1 Credit Clear" and is typically used to refer to beating arcade games, or arcade style games, without continuing.

What type of games can you 1CC?
Mostly shmups (Ikaruga), light gun games (House of the Dead, Time Crisis), belt scroll games (Metal Slug, Contra), puzzle games and other arcade style games with limited lives. 1CC's are always assumed to be done at default settings unless otherwise stated.

What is this 1-ALL and 2-ALL I've been hearing about?

A 1-ALL and a 2-ALL are ways of showing how far you've made it on certain games that "loop" over after you beat it. For example, if you can make it through all the stages of Gradius, the game will loop over with harder stages. If you beat all the stages and then the game loops over, you've 1-ALL'd the game. If you beat all the stages again on the second loop, you've 2-ALL'd the game. If you make it to the second loop of the game but run out of lives on stage 3 before the the loop ends, you've done a 2-3. Some games loop over indefinitely, others end at the second loop. Generally speaking, a 1-ALL is equivalent to a 1CC.

What? That sounds impossible. These games are credit munchers.
Believe it or not, most arcade games are designed to be beaten on one credit. The first time you play an arcade game you might not get very far, but instead of continuing, let the timer run out and try again. You might be surprised just how quickly you can make progress.

I saw one guy absolutely wreck this arcade game the other day. But when I play it I can't make it past the first stage without continues.
Except for extremely rare situations, nobody gets really good at a game overnight. And the guy whose extremely good at a game had to start somewhere, so get crackin'.

Format:

Go ahead and list everything in one post. As you add games be sure to update your original post. New posts and discussions about recent clears are highly encouraged. If your list is getting buried you can link back to it.

Street Fighter 4. Beat it while killing time at a movie theater. Gave the rest of the quarters away to a kid who was so keenly watching me play. Of course, that doesn't count, does it? I can't beat any of the other games with 1 quarter even if my life depended on them.

Tain

I like this thread!

Years ago, I never thought I'd clear some of these games, but overall the list still feels scrubby as shit to me. Gotta keep getting better! Chronological order.

[DC] Crazy Taxi (who hasn't?)
[DC] Cosmic Smash (likely the easiest path)
[AC] Darius Gaiden
[AC] Battle Bakraid
[AC] Golden Axe
[AC] Fantasy Zone
[MD] Thunder Force III
[AC] Gradius
[AC] Double Dragon
[360] Deathsmiles
[360] Mushihime-sama Futari 1.5 (Original, Palm Strong)
[AC] Contra
[360] DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (Strong-A)
[360] Deathsmiles II (Supe)
[360] Muchi Muchi Pork! 1.01 (2-2, Rafute)
[AC] Metal Slug
[AC] DoDonPachi (1-ALL)

Stuff that kinda sorta counts I guess but are so easy that I don't know if they're worth bringing up:

[PS2] Shienryu Explosion
[360] Omega Five
[AC] Outrun 2 SP's letter courses
[AC] TGM 2 Normal Mode
[AC] TGM 3 Easy Mode, Classic Rotation
[PS2/AC] beatmania IIDX, various styles from 3rd to 16th, arcade modes and expert courses. Very typical stuff.
[AC] Point Blank (Yellow course)

Man, the list of games I've gotten close to the end in is massive in comparison.

Playing arcade mode Akai Katana right now.

Durante

[PC] Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom (Normal)

That's pretty much my greatest achievement as a gamer (in action games at least)
Took me 3 years

Tain

I haven't played a ton of Metal Slug X, but I bet you could clear the OG. Seems like it might be easier. Once you learn how to deal with the Stage 3 midboss (fucking love that fight), the difficulty curve drops significantly until the final stage.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Only games I can think of off the top of my head (excluding fighting games, which completely don't count.)

Crazy Taxi
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
Elevator Action Returns
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5
Outrun 2
Outrun 2 SP
Thunder Force V
Time Crisis 2
Time Crisis 3

mmm... can't think of any others, cuz I don't practice games enough and because I can't think of other arcade games I've played a lot of. And because I suck :(

Getting a 1CC is pretty awesome though. Way more satisfying than finishing like... Uncharted 3 or something.

Edit: Oh yeah, I got really close with Metal Slug, Soukyugurentai and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs back when I played them regularly for like... a few days. I am bad at commitment.

Victrix

*beard*
Dungeon Crawl (twice), ADOM (once, fuck this games difficulty), Nethack (many times, 'easy' once you know all the ridiculous tricks) :p

My shooter list is depressingly short, far less clears than the amount of time I've spent playing them. I haven't touched any in quite some time either, despite the semi-renaissance occurring via xbl and other places (also Jamestown is cool).

Tain

Crazy Taxi is, like, the game everybody's cleared but forgot about.

Edit: I've cleared all of the normal routes in Outrun 2 SP, but I refuse to accept that as a 1cc unless I clear the continuous 15 course mode. Which doesn't seem too rough, either, but I don't know. Similarly, seeing credits in music games is nothing. Same with clearing Normal course in TGM games.

galvatron

NES:
Contra

PS1
Bust A Move '99

PS2
Contra: Shattered Soldier w/ S-Rank

Genesis
Contra: Hard Corps (one life clear on all paths with Ray and Sheena)
Adventures of Batman and Robin
Forgotten Worlds (on hard...totally forgot about it.)
Gunstar Heroes

Neo Geo MVS
Magical Drop 2 (on Level-8 using the Fool)
Money Puzzle Exchanger (on Level-8)
Cyberlip
Metal Slug

Dreamcast
Crazy Taxi
Cannon Spike
Bust a Move 4

Xbox

Outrun 2

Will update later

[PS] Einhander
[DC] Crazy Taxi

I loved the crap out Einhander and played it non-stop. I'm sure I'd still pop it in today if my disc wasn't all scratched to hell after all this time.

woodypop

[MD/Genesis] Forgotten Worlds

I almost feel guilty for mentioning it, 'cause really, the game ain't that hard, especially when compared to the arcade version.

[AC] Air Buster
[AC] Senkyu/Battle Balls
[AC] Dangun Feveron
[AC] Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom
[AC] Time Crisis 1
[AC] Gunblade NY
[AC] SEGA Strike Fighter
[AC] After Burner Climax
[AC] Outrun 2
[GEN] Gunstar Heroes
[SAT] ThunderForce V
[SAT] Silhouette Mirage
[PS2] ThunderForce VI

Currently working in MAME on Gigawing Generations, Mars Matrix, and ....G-Darius (FML)

Tain

I almost feel guilty for mentioning it, 'cause really, the game ain't that hard, especially when compared to the arcade version.

Seems to be pretty common for older home ports. An awesome exception is Chelnov. I started the arcade version of that a while ago and played to the final stage (so common, lol), but now I kinda wonder if I should play the Megadrive version instead. Way prettier, way more aggressive enemies. Original just seems neutered in comparison.

galvatron

Did you ever figure out what buying the dress did in the shop? I always ate it on the last boss when I bought the dress, so maybe it changes the ending?

bsb

Neo Member
NES-

Contra, 4-ALL (could've kept going but it was getting pretty mindnumbing)

Super C- beaten without dying

Genesis-

Contra Hard Corps (all pathways, but I can't remember if I've done all characters yet or not)

Super NES-

Contra III on Hard (albeit with lives set at 5 or 7)

PS2-

Contra: Shattered Solider (not with an S rank on all stages, however)

Neo Contra (S rank on all)

DS-

Contra 4 on Normal (hard mode can suck it)

Wii
-

Contra Rebirth on Normal (still working on Hard. You can't win extra lives, so this one is pretty difficult to 1cc).

NES-

Contra, 4-ALL (could've kept going but it was getting pretty mindnumbing)

Super C- beaten without dying

Genesis-

Contra Hard Corps (all pathways, but I can't remember if I've done all characters yet or not)

Super NES-

Contra III on Hard (albeit with lives set at 5 or 7)

PS2-

Contra: Shattered Solider (not with an S rank on all stages, however)

Neo Contra (S rank on all)

DS-

Contra 4 on Normal (hard mode can suck it)

Wii
-

Contra Rebirth on Normal (still working on Hard. You can't win extra lives, so this one is pretty difficult to 1cc).
Beast Mode.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Interesting idea for a thread. IIRC -

PSX
Cotton Original
Sexy Parodius
Gradius Gaiden
SAT
Batsugun
Shienryu
Cotton 2
Panzer Dragoon 1/2
NEOGEO
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
PCE
Winds of Thunder
PS2
Espgaluda
Fantasy Zone 1/2
X360
Dodonpachi Dai-fukkatsu 1.5

There are a few other non-arcade games I've been able to 1-life clear, notably-
Rockman 2
Rockman 4
Rockman 8
Rockman X
Rockman X2
Rockman X4
Rockman Zero 4

I wonder if anybody has ever 1CC'd Radiant Silvergun. It seems actually impossible.

Nope, just really really annoying because unlike most shooters, you're forced to play for score in order to survive.

I haven't played a ton of Metal Slug X, but I bet you could clear the OG. Seems like it might be easier. Once you learn how to deal with the Stage 3 midboss (fucking love that fight), the difficulty curve drops significantly until the final stage.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I actually have it on VC - along with some decent sticks and PS->GCN converter. I just never gave it the time of day because Fio ain't in there.
Is the VC port worth playing? It's censored and there's no hitflash on the bosses :/

I was kinda close to 1CC'ing MS3 too thanks to the Xbox port's hatred for credit feeders, but the last mission really kicks my ass.

Shmups:

[360] Akai Katana Slash
[AC] Armed Police Batrider (Normal Course)
[GEN] Arrow Flash (Auto fire)
[PC] Astebreed
[SNES] Axelay
[AC] Batsugun
[AC] Batsugun Special (2-4) (1 Life Clear through first loop)
[AC] Battle Bakraid (Normal Course)
[SAT] Blast Wind
[PCE] Blazing Lasers
[PC] Blue Wish Resurrection Plus
[PCE] Coryoon
[PS1] Cotton
[PC] Crimzon Clover (Original with Type-Z)
[PSP] Darius Burst (All Routes)
[AC] Darius Burst Another Chronicle (top route, 1 Life Clear)
[AC] Darius Gaiden (Auto fire, V route)
[AC] Darius Gaiden Extra (V route)
[SNES] Darius Twin (ACDFHKL)
[NDS] Dark Spirits
[360] Death Smiles
[360] Death Smiles Mega Black Label
[360] Death Smiles II (Arcade)
[AC] DoDonPachi (1-ALL)
[360] DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (1-ALL)
[AC] DoDonPachi Daioujou Black Label (1-ALL)
[AC] DonPachi (1-ALL)
[PC] Eden's Aigis
[PC] Eden's Edge
[GEN] Elemental Master
[PC] Eschatos (Original - Normal)
[AC] Espgaluda
[PCE] Final Soldier
[PS1] G. Darius (top route)
[PS1] Gaia Seed (Endings 1 and 3)
[GG] GG Aleste
[GG] GG Aleste 2
[PCE] Gate of Thunder
[PC] Genetos
[AC] Giga Wing
[GEN] Gleylancer
[NES] Gradius (1-ALL)
[NES] Gradius II (1-ALL) (1 Life Clear through first loop)
[SNES] Gradius III (1-ALL) (1 Life Clear through first loop)
[PS1] Harmful Park (Normal)
[360] Ikaruga (Easy)
[PCE] Lords of Thunder
[GEN] M.U.S.H.A.
[PCE] Magical Chase
[AC] Mushihimesama (Original)
[360] Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (Original)
[360] Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Black Label (Original, Maniac)
[NDS] Metal Torrent (No Miss)
[GB] Nemesis (no miss)
[GB] Nemesis II
[360] Otomedius Excellent (Normal)
[PCE] Psychic Storm
[AC] R-Type (1-ALL) (1 Life Clear through first loop) (Replay)
[AC] R-Type II (1-ALL) (1 Life Clear through first loop)
[SNES] R-Type III: The Third Lightning (1-ALL)
[PS1] R-Type Delta
[PS2] R-Type Final (Final A)
[AC] R-Type Leo (Replay)
[AC] Raiden Fighters 2: Operation Hell Dive (Replay)
[AC] Raiden Fighters Jet (ALL1)
[PCE] Rayxanber III
[GEN] Sagaia/Darius II (ABDGLQW)
[PS2] Shienryu Explosion
[GB] Solar Striker
[PCE] Soldier Blade
[PSP] Space Invaders Extreme (1 Life Clear)
[NDS] Space Invaders Extreme 2
[SNES] Space Megaforce
[PCE] Spriggan (1 Life Clear)
[PCE] Star Parodier
[PSP] Star Soldier
[3DS] Steel Empire
[SNES] Super R-Type (1-ALL)(Default - Easy)
[PCE] Sylphia
[AC] Thunderforce AC (1 Life Clear)
[GEN] Thunderforce III
[GEN] Thunderforce IV
[PS1] Thunderforce V (Good Ending)
[PS2] Thunderforce VI
[SNES] Thunder Spirits
[PC] Touhou 06 (normal, extra)
[PC] Touhou 07 (normal, extra, phantasm)
[PC] Touhou 08 (normal, extra)
[PC] Touhou 09 (normal, extra)
[PC] Touhou 10 (normal, extra)
[PC] Touhou 11 (normal)
[PC] Touhou 12 (normal, extra)
[PC] Touhou 13 (normal, extra)
[PC] Touhou 14 (normal)
[PS2] Triggerheart Exelica (True Ending)
[360] Trouble Witches Neo! (Heart Pounding)
[AC] Twin Cobra II
[AC] Twinkle Star Sprites
[AC] Xexex (1-ALL) (1 Life Clear through first loop)
[PS1] Zanac Neo (FC Custom)

Everything Else:

[3DS] 3D Streets of Rage 2
[3DS] 3D Outrun (All courses, no powerups)
[3DS] 3D Super Hang On (Beginner, Junior)
[360] After Burner Climax
[AC] Azumanga Puzzle Bobble
[AC] Bust-A-Move
[NES] Contra
[PS2] Contra: Shattered Soldier (A Rank Clear)
[DC] Crazy Taxi
[AC] Megaman: The Power Battle
[AC] Megaman 2: The Power Fighters
[AC] Metal Slug (1 Life Clear)
[PS2] Neo Contra (A Rank Clear)
[360] Outrun Online Arcade (All courses)
[AC] Outrunners (All courses)
[PS1] Point Blank (Yellow Course)
[PS1] Point Blank 2 (Yellow Course)
[PS1] Point Blank 3 (Yellow Course)
[AC] Puzzle Bobble 2
[AC] Sega Giant Tetris (God Rank)
[AC] Sunset Riders
[AC] TGM 2 (Normal)
[AC] TGM 2+ (Normal)
[AC] TGM 3 (Normal)
[PS1] Time Crisis (Arcade, Special)
[PS2] Time Crisis II
[PS2] Time Crisis: Crisis Zone

Most Recent: Rayxanber III
Shmups: 100
Other: 27
Total: 127

Tain

loved the shit out of that article since it was published, love it even more now than when I first read it

sorry haters

_dementia said:
Thanks, I'll give it a go. I actually have it on VC - along with some decent sticks and PS->GCN converter. I just never gave it the time of day because Fio ain't in there.
Is the VC port worth playing? It's censored and there's no hitflash on the bosses :/

Couldn't tell you, unfortunately. I'd assume it's worth playing outside of the issues you raised, though, just going by VC's general level of quality.

nullset2

hi icycalm

I wish I were icycalm, if only to be able to read texts as complex as he does and make it look so easy, I'm easily at least 10 years behind him in that regard. I do believe his commentary on arcade culture is pretty goddamn spot-on and whenever I'm tired of video game journos, I read something posted on his site to refresh.

I wonder if he's registered here, though...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
edit: added a couple
These I remember, but there are many more, of course I can't touch Cave aficionados:

[AC]Wonder Boy
[AC]Ghouls 'n Ghosts
[AC]Golden Axe [1 life]
[AC]Altered Beast [1 life]
[AC]Double Dragon
[SFC]Final Fight Guy (1 life) / [AC] Final Fight
[AC]Kung Fu Master
[SFC]+[GBA]Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (1life)
[SFC]Axelay (1 life)
[SFC]Area 88 (probably the hardest 1cc for me)
[SFC]Super R-Type III
[SFC]+[GBA] Contra III: The Alien Wars [ALL][1 life] (of course I meant starting in Normal, looping @Hard)
[MD]Strider (1 life) / [AC] Strider
[MD]Thunder Force III
[MD]Thunder Force IV
[DC]Mars Matrix
[DC]Cannon Spike
[DC]Under Defeat
[iOS]DoDonPachi:R [1st loop] iPhone/Original

cj_iwakura

I've 1CC'd Touhou: Imperishable Night. Rather damn proud of that.
(Marisa/Alice B.)

Castle Shikigami 2... one day.

Tain

edit: added a couple
These I remember, but there are many more, of course I can't touch Cave aficionados:

[AC]Wonder Boy
[AC]Ghouls 'n Ghosts
[AC]Golden Axe [1 life]
[AC]Altered Beast [1 life]
[AC]Double Dragon
[AC]Final Fight (1 life)
[AC]Kung Fu Master
[SFC]+[GBA]Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (1life)
[SFC]Axelay (1 life)
[SFC]Area 88 (probably the hardest 1cc for me)
[SFC]Super R-Type III
[SFC]+[GBA] Contra III: The Alien Wars [ALL][1 life] (of course I meant starting in Normal, looping @Hard)
[MD]Strider (1 life) / [AC] Strider
[MD]Thunder Force III
[MD]Thunder Force IV
[DC]Mars Matrix
[DC]Cannon Spike
[DC]Under Defeat
[iOS]DoDonPachi:R [1st loop] iPhone/Original

I don't know, some of those games seem way harder to me than the easier Cave stuff.

Final Fight always seemed like a hard game to clear. Is it? Or is there something I'm missing? I'm new to seriously playing belt scroll games.

Gaspode_T

How the heck to you beat Final Fight in one life??? I somehow don't think that one is possible unless you are totally glitching the game. I remember the Game Center CX episode has Arino doing the trick where you turn left and right to get in more jabs but that's it.

Tain

People on MARP have done it, and I'm betting tons of Japanese players have done it given how popular the game is. I'm also guessing it's really, really hard, lol.

I was pretty dedicated to beating Captain Commando for a few weeks a year or two back, and while the game seemed easier than Final Fight (by a good amount), I couldn't even get halfway through. Final Fight seems brutal to me.

Dash Kappei

I don't know, some of those games seem way harder to me than the easier Cave stuff.

Final Fight always seemed like a hard game to clear. Is it? Or is there something I'm missing? I'm new to seriously playing belt scroll games.

Yeah, there's a reason. MY BAD, it's not like I wanted to bullshit my list but leave it to me to do it at 8AM without really looking into it.
It's not Final Fight [AC] but Final Fight Guy [SFC]. Nevertheless I still 1cc solo Final Fight [AC], that and Wrestlemania were my go to games in the Golden Age of arcades. You can do it, but it's pretty fucking boring honestly, you're not really playing it fair, just take advantage of the hit boxes while being slightly above the thugs and master knee+opposite throw. You'll also always use most of the timer since you'll procede stepping in a new wave minimizing the number of thugs on-screen in the hardest parts.
I'd be able to 1 life Double Dragon as well (elbow) if it weren't for the last boss always fucking me up at least once.
Most of those I listed I probably wouldn't be able to do them now, at 34yo, without some serious training. Ad you know dexterity counts, but patterns are everything. As a kid I could do Contra III on normal no hits runs :D Now? I get fucked in Ghouls 'n Ghost like an elderly man! Can still blaze through Super tho :p

Cave shmups are definitely my favourite games surviving this past three generations, but I'm a shmup nut all around and despite being pretty good at them that's what I am... Just "pretty good" in the eyes of a newbie/infinite continues gamer, nothing more than that :(
I have all of the iOS Cave stuff plus Futari/Resurrection(my goty!)/Deathsmiles and Dodonpachi PSX on PSN. Still missing Guwange, EspII (don't like it, arrgh!), Muchi+PS and DS2 (PAL here, damn).
Also have Donpachi and DoDonPachi on PSX. The latter is the closest I can hope to 1cc one of those in a way that would count as 1CC, and only if I'd really tried.

ctrayne

My list is old, needs updating.
In order of clear:

Blue Wish Resurrection +
Gradius PCE
Aleste MSX
Thunder Force VI
Star Soldier Vanishing Earth
Star Prince from Retro Game Challenge - Both loops
Super Score Soldier 2004
Rude Breaker
Psyvariar Revision
Batsugun Special Version - Saturn

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You want to know something sad?

I don't think I've ever 1CC'd a game.

Gaspode_T

Actually going into an arcade and doing it is the thing that you can really brag about, the pressure is totally different! Try doing it in Japan too where the games are basically $1 a pop.

I liked Kevin Gifford's account of his battle against Tower of Druaga on 8-4 podcast.

Tain

That's it. I will clear Akai Katana this weekend.

i better fuckin clear akai katana this weekend

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I think this article is relevant to this whole thread.

Everyone read it, savor it, absorb it, soak your brain in it.

I ... I want to be in the magical place he describes. The best I have in my area is a simple Dave & Buster's, and I'm thankful for at least that. =(

Dash Kappei

Actually going into an arcade and doing it is the thing that you can really brag about, the pressure is totally different! Try doing it in Japan too where the games are basically $1 a pop.

I liked Kevin Gifford's account of his battle against Tower of Druaga on 8-4 podcast.

But I used to 1cc Virtua Tennis 3 and Outrun 2 all the time at the slots room/arcade in Oxford St. while living in London and those cabs were 1£ a pop! :p

you're right

One thing I've tried for 25years to 1cc is Bubble Bobble [AC]. Could never do that, even using candy cheats. :(
Ahhhh... The awesome times of arcade games' cheat codes!

Gaspode_T

I tried to play Ikaruga at Club Sega in Akihabara, I think the guy who came by and started to watch me probably had to bite down on his tongue keeping from busting out laughing as I got my ass handed to me by the snake thing near the beginning of the game. Is there a need to brag about "I used this much money to beat a game in the arcade"? I think I put 1200yen into Progear no Arashi trying to beat it (and I gave up because I was dying so quickly suddenly near the end), I remember spending huge amounts on The Simpsons, D&D, TMNT style games

Top Bottom