• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ifrit
Member
(01-05-2012, 09:03 PM)
Ifrit's Avatar
I'm actually surprised at how nice skyrim runs on my rig (core i5, 8 GB DDR3 and a 1 GB HD5770) I get some good and stable framerates for the most part but I sometimes do get a little screen tearing, it's not really annoying but noticeable

I see there's an ATI/AMD GPU frame rate fix and a FPS limiter, should I use both or just one? any recommendations?
Last edited by Ifrit; 01-05-2012 at 09:17 PM.
ColonialRaptor
Member
(01-05-2012, 09:43 PM)
ColonialRaptor's Avatar
Here are a few shots I've been able to pull out of Confidence Man's settings.

They're so awesome... for certain circumstances. Images below are downsized




Although this a very dark and subtle picture, I believe it's one beauty of a picture to look at.







Was trying to capture some of the amazing lighting as the Sun came up, however once the Sun comes up, I suffer from this sort of thing:



Colours are almost ALMOST perfect with just the right amount of sheen and blur and sharpness. DOF on is way too blurry but it also feels so smooth, if the graphics were created correctly for that type of DOF it could look incredible, but I don't think that ENB's DOF engine is advanced enough yet, it just blurs the whole screen and I haven't been able to figure out how to make it do any less.

I'm also having the screen go into 'flicker' mode some times. Usually I can just CTRL-ALT-DEL out of the game and come back and it's fixed, but I think it's some sort of Crossfire thing.

I hope someone makes a facial expression animation modification some time - the flat faces of the characters is starting to grind my gears.

Edit - I've also been screwing around with my character too much and she looks like crap at the moment, I haven't played the game very seriously for about a week, but today is the day I go back and get everything working properly - been spending to much time trying to screw with ENB settings and not enough time playing.
Last edited by ColonialRaptor; 01-05-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Clever Pun
Member
(01-05-2012, 10:06 PM)
Clever Pun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ifrit

I'm actually surprised at how nice skyrim runs on my rig (core i5, 8 GB DDR3 and a 1 GB HD5770) I get some good and stable framerates for the most part but I sometimes do get a little screen tearing, it's not really annoying but noticeable

I see there's an ATI/AMD GPU frame rate fix and a FPS limiter, should I use both or just one? any recommendations?

For what it's worth I have an i5 8GB DDR3 and 1 GB HD6850 and I didn't need either the GPU fix or FPS limiter once I used the DO NOT ARGUE ini generator to specify 4 cores for the processor and 8GB for the RAM.
Jtrizzy
Junior Member
(01-05-2012, 11:15 PM)
Jtrizzy's Avatar
Is it possible to lock a game at 45 fps? Would that even be desirable or is it better to just fluctuate between 50-60?
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-05-2012, 11:20 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jtrizzy

Is it possible to lock a game at 45 fps? Would that even be desirable or is it better to just fluctuate between 50-60?

You try the frame limiter or dxtory? I see drops from 60 to 40 for brief moments. I would just assume if you could set it to 30-40, you would be happiest. My performance is pretty consistent at 60 so I can't really say I mind the very few drops.
PjotrStroganov
Member
(01-05-2012, 11:27 PM)
PjotrStroganov's Avatar
I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the texture packs. Stuff just tends to pop out too much.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-05-2012, 11:41 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar
That's why I don't get too extravagant with them. There is still pop in as it just seems to be an issue with the engine but I'm about done modding for nor outside of some armor or other compelling mods.
Ifrit
Member
(01-05-2012, 11:47 PM)
Ifrit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clever Pun

For what it's worth I have an i5 8GB DDR3 and 1 GB HD6850 and I didn't need either the GPU fix or FPS limiter once I used the DO NOT ARGUE ini generator to specify 4 cores for the processor and 8GB for the RAM.

You lost me there, any details?
ColonialRaptor
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:04 AM)
ColonialRaptor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jtrizzy

Is it possible to lock a game at 45 fps? Would that even be desirable or is it better to just fluctuate between 50-60?

You can, but honestly you're better off locking it to 30fps than 45, this is because of the screen refresh rate.

If you've got something LOCKED at 45 it will be polling frames to the screen at a rate of 3/4 frame per screen refresh / update (60hz LCD monitor), it's hard to explain, and I'm not explaining it right but it will give you more of a lagged feeling than you will get at 30fps because some frames will need to be displayed twice and others once. It's a problem with fluctuating frame-rates as it is, but if you want to lock it at something, lock it at 30 so that each screen refresh will hold a frame for 2 refreshes each time, we want clean divisible of the refresh rate of the screen, not in between, it's why you don't see more games programmed to be locked at 33fps or 41fps or whatever. It's either 30 or 60, with PC we get it a lot different because it's very rare that the code is efficient enough for a game to be locked at a frame rate no matter the power of the system.

Even my computer on Battlefield 3 which is highly optimised code running on a 6990+6970 while close to 'locked' at 60 still gets drops, while on consoles you can have games that are absolutely LOCKED at 60fps because they're programmed for specific hardware, but in this day and age... "locked" is a very loosely used term.
Prophet Steve
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:18 AM)
Prophet Steve's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ifrit

You lost me there, any details?

http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

This one, it's in the OP. You specify the options and it creates an ini file for you.
Ifrit
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:35 AM)
Ifrit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prophet Steve

http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

This one, it's in the OP. You specify the options and it creates an ini file for you.

But what about the other millions of options? should I just leave them there?

EDIT: Ok, I'm understanding better. Leaving everything else in High setting

EDIT: I get an error if I try the modified ini, any help? is there anyway to enable 4 cores and 8 GB ram from the .ini file directly?
Last edited by Ifrit; 01-06-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Confidence Man
360 release: 2005
PS3 release: 2007
I need the reminder.
(01-06-2012, 12:46 AM)
ColonialRaptor - the dof effect is just placeholder values for a future version. All it does atm is blur stuff close to you.

The bad looking landscape is just due to the bad engine lod. The only way to fix it is to hide it behind fog and bloom. I'll probably add some in the next version, as much as I like a clear day I dislike the poor distant land even more.

If you want to adjust the settings yourself, increase the FogColorMultiplierDay value incrementally until you find something you're happy with.
Last edited by Confidence Man; 01-06-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Clever Pun
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:00 AM)
Clever Pun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ifrit

But what about the other millions of options? should I just leave them there?

EDIT: Ok, I'm understanding better. Leaving everything else in High setting

EDIT: I get an error if I try the modified ini, any help? is there anyway to enable 4 cores and 8 GB ram from the .ini file directly?

Yes if you do create the custom ini from that site and then just copy and paste the parts about the core and ram into your default ini that Skyrim creates that will work as well. There was a post on the last few pages of the performance thread with exactly what someone copied and pasted in to add those pieces.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...5#post33964515 Create the modified ini and look for these values that it creates for you and copy and paste them into your default/working ini
Last edited by Clever Pun; 01-06-2012 at 01:02 AM.
x3sphere
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:13 AM)
x3sphere's Avatar
Re-posting this from another thread since this one seems more active:

Whenever I run Skyrim with ENB I have to keep AA off otherwise my fps dips to 0.5

Anyone else run into this? AMD card, HD6970 2GB.

Don't think it's a VRAM wall since running the game at 1024x768 exhibits the same issue, and I have no problem running it 2560x1600 no AA.
GruntOfAction
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:19 AM)
GruntOfAction's Avatar
Not sure if this interests anybody, but I found a mod for Khajiits and Argonians if you're into that sort of thing...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gruntof...32927197816481


If it isn't obvious, it's a fat mod. Makes Argonians and Khajiits look pregnant D:
Marsipolami
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:34 AM)
Marsipolami's Avatar

Originally Posted by GruntOfAction

Not sure if this interests anybody, but I found a mod for Khajiits and Argonians if you're into that sort of thing...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gruntof...32927197816481


If it isn't obvious, it's a fat mod. Makes Argonians and Khajiits look pregnant D:

...I love it.

Here's a download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21145...anuary2012.zip

Credit to GruntOfAction for his furry internet detective skills. :D
Last edited by Marsipolami; 01-06-2012 at 01:36 AM.
br0ken_shad0w
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:35 AM)
br0ken_shad0w's Avatar
Is the creation kit still going to be released this month? I'm taking a break from Skyrim until the unofficial patches are made.
TheExecutive
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:46 AM)
TheExecutive's Avatar
So all of a sudden I have unlimited magika... have NO idea why. All i did was change my skyrim.ini settings to accept more memory and threads...

Edit: Crap its gotta be a bug with the save file. I had a level 1 save and that sucker has the magica bar and everthing. Too bad I leveled 8 times between the last save and my quick save... FFFFFUUUUUUU
Last edited by TheExecutive; 01-06-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Marsipolami
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:49 AM)
Marsipolami's Avatar
I can't provide screens at the moment, but using SkyrimEnhancedShaders FX Beta - VANILLA PLUS - 102 in conjunction with these settings for FXAA Injector made my Skyrim the prettiest Skyrim. It's not very "hazy" or doesn't have exaggerated colors, instead it's more of a vanilla look but it really makes the colors pop, and the nights are perfect (I heartily recommend the darker nights optional add-on for the ENB settings).

Can try to get some screenshots up later.
Jtrizzy
Junior Member
(01-06-2012, 01:54 AM)
Jtrizzy's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

You try the frame limiter or dxtory? I see drops from 60 to 40 for brief moments. I would just assume if you could set it to 30-40, you would be happiest. My performance is pretty consistent at 60 so I can't really say I mind the very few drops.

I was just kind of curious if that was something people did, but it sounds like that isn't desirable because of refresh rate. Right now I'm playing with no changes other than the AF and AO settings in Nvidia inspector. Even using a 580/2600k, a 10% increase in frame rates would really put this over close to a "locked 60" as I really need. If the Steam stuff doesn't come out soon, I'll just add Sky Boost.
Ifrit
Member
(01-06-2012, 02:01 AM)
Ifrit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Clever Pun

Yes if you do create the custom ini from that site and then just copy and paste the parts about the core and ram into your default ini that Skyrim creates that will work as well. There was a post on the last few pages of the performance thread with exactly what someone copied and pasted in to add those pieces.

EDIT: Here it is http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...5#post33964515 Create the modified ini and look for these values that it creates for you and copy and paste them into your default/working ini

Thank you, I was trying to see which setting to change but got lost, I'll try that solution
GruntOfAction
Member
(01-06-2012, 03:53 AM)
GruntOfAction's Avatar

Originally Posted by Marsipolami

...I love it.

Here's a download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21145...anuary2012.zip

Credit to GruntOfAction for his furry internet detective skills. :D

Lol, a friend noticed I was playing Skyrim and linked me a random mod file. Had no idea what it was until I installed it.
TheExecutive
Member
(01-06-2012, 04:52 AM)
TheExecutive's Avatar
So I use the DoNotArgue .ini creator and the game wont start at all. I have both files read only and have not changed anything else. What am I doing wrong?
Hawkian
The Cryptarch's Bane
(01-06-2012, 08:02 AM)
Hawkian's Avatar
WOW that skyboost works.
Enco
Member
(01-06-2012, 08:20 AM)
Enco's Avatar

Originally Posted by br0ken_shad0w

Is the creation kit still going to be released this month? I'm taking a break from Skyrim until the unofficial patches are made.

Yup. Should be.

I have so much to catch up on. Been away from Skyrim for nearly a month.
wilflare
Member
(01-06-2012, 09:21 AM)
wilflare's Avatar
hmm will there be any clashes between using Skyboost and SKSE?
gonna try SkyUI and redo my character..
PjotrStroganov
Member
(01-06-2012, 10:59 AM)
PjotrStroganov's Avatar
I doubt whether increasing the amount of threads and memory allocation works. I bet that when the game detects your hardware it sets those settings automatically.


Originally Posted by TheExecutive

So I use the DoNotArgue .ini creator and the game wont start at all. I have both files read only and have not changed anything else. What am I doing wrong?

Put your backed up inis back and gradually copy/paste the settings you really want instead of putting the entire custom ini in there. Many of the options don't do anything because they are turned on by default anyway. They only add clutter.
Last edited by PjotrStroganov; 01-06-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Dmax3901
Member
(01-06-2012, 11:37 AM)
Dmax3901's Avatar
If someone could knock up a quick and dirty guide to setting up ENB with Confidence Man's settings I would be eternally grateful. I've been fiddling with it all through nexus mod manager, but it'd be a lot better if I knew what the hell I was doing.
Azure Phoenix
Member
(01-06-2012, 11:49 AM)
Azure Phoenix's Avatar
Gionight has finally released their ENB settings, if anyone remembers those fantastic Orc images back in the other thread you'll know which ones I'm on about. They are the only ENB settings I've seen that don't seem to badly compromise certain areas to improve others.
LabouredSubterfuge
Member
(01-06-2012, 11:51 AM)
LabouredSubterfuge's Avatar
I'm having a hard time biting my tongue about how shit every single ENB and FXAA injector mod out there looks and how it in no way justifies performance loss..

Woops.
PjotrStroganov
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:29 PM)
PjotrStroganov's Avatar
nm
Last edited by PjotrStroganov; 01-06-2012 at 05:44 PM.
TheVampire
(01-06-2012, 12:31 PM)
TheVampire's Avatar

Originally Posted by LabouredSubterfuge

I'm having a hard time biting my tongue about how shit every single ENB and FXAA injector mod out there looks and how it in no way justifies performance loss..

Woops.

Yeah like I just tested Gionight's ENB and i was getting like 30-40fps and it was jerky.

Compared to before when without ENB its almost allways 60fps.
Prophet Steve
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:38 PM)
Prophet Steve's Avatar
So, with the Do Not Argue, any recommendation for my ini file? Are those enhanced settings good? Also, is UGrids still good to use, or does it still cause stability problems?

Originally Posted by wilflare

hmm will there be any clashes between using Skyboost and SKSE?
gonna try SkyUI and redo my character..

I haven't seen any clashes and am using both.
gotee12
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:39 PM)
gotee12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hawkian

WOW that skyboost works.

You ain't kidding. I finally tried it last night and I'm now getting 50-54 fps from the top of Dragonsreach overlooking the tree and 60 everywhere else.

Once again, modders do some pretty dang amazing things. I can't wait for the release of the creation kit.
Last edited by gotee12; 01-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Refreshment.01
Member
(01-06-2012, 12:58 PM)
Refreshment.01's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

That's why I don't get too extravagant with them. There is still pop in as it just seems to be an issue with the engine but I'm about done modding for nor outside of some armor or other compelling mods.

So changing the lod distances in the .ini will do nothing? I feel more or less satisfied with the game's look, so draw distances and object detail are the stuff i want to adjust in a next play through.

Originally Posted by Clever Pun

Yes if you do create the custom ini from that site and then just copy and paste the parts about the core and ram into your default ini that Skyrim creates that will work as well.

Hold on a second, this is really interesting. So what the games defaults to core wise? 2 cores? That's just weird. Are you guys sure when you change the core setting in the .ini is not giving you a placebo effect.

The only way to really know is trying with the default setting of the .ini and the modified core line and see what fps are you getting.
Last edited by Refreshment.01; 01-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-06-2012, 01:05 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by PjotrStroganov

Put your backed up inis back and gradually copy/paste the settings you really want instead of putting the entire custom ini in there. Many of the options don't do anything because they are turned on by default anyway. They only add clutter.

That's the advice I keep spreading. No way would I copy paste over my settings with a wall of text ini created by an app. A lot of the bits are good and the generator gives you some definitions and stuff to mess with but from there you have to add/edit things in instead of just foregoing your own ini.

Originally Posted by Refreshment.01

So changing the lod distances in the .ini will do nothing? I feel more or less satisfied with the game's look, so draw distances and object detail are the stuff i want to adjust in a next play through.

TerrainManager and LOD settings are what you want to mess with next. My ini in the performance OP has some values edited in. On top of lighting LOD alterations that really don't kill your FPS unless you're on old HW. Give it a shot.

And that controller edit you sent worked well, thanks. I only mainly noticed the left analog click for favs but that was better already.
Refreshment.01
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:17 PM)
Refreshment.01's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

TerrainManager and LOD settings are what you want to mess with next. My ini in the performance OP has some values edited in. On top of lighting LOD alterations that really don't kill your FPS unless you're on old HW. Give it a shot.

If you can link me to the post please.

To tell the truth i really want to extend the draw distances, object detail and would like more denser grass. But i fear stability issues and frame drops. How hard was the hit to your fps?

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

And that controller edit you sent worked well, thanks. I only mainly noticed the left analog click for favs but that was better already.

I just got used to it, the cool thing is that i don't have to move my left thumb from the stick at all. Also clean your favorites menu of the items or spells that are mapped to the shortcuts. The game flows so fast now, it's really game changing for me. A ton less of stupid pauses to switch spells.

The other things there are "LB" + "LC" allows auto move on the controller, really great to traverse long stances of plain terraing or climbing with the hoping trick. And "LB"+"RC" takes a screenshot. So you can be less depending of the keyboard.

Originally Posted by Prophet Steve

I don't need a Large Address tweak anymore right? It was updated in a patch or something?


It was fixed in a patch indeed.
Last edited by Refreshment.01; 01-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Prophet Steve
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:25 PM)
Prophet Steve's Avatar
I don't need a Large Address tweak anymore right? It was updated in a patch or something?
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-06-2012, 01:28 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Refreshment.01

If you can link me to the post please.

To tell the truth i really want to extend the draw distances, object detail and would like more denser grass. But i fear stability issues and frame drops. How hard was the hit to your fps?



I just got used to it, the cool thing is that i don't have to move my left thumb from the stick at all. Also clean your favorites menu of the items or spells that are mapped to the shortcuts. The game flows so fast now, it's really game changing for me. A ton less of stupid pauses to switch spells.

The other things there are "LB" + "LC" allows auto move on the controller, really great to traverse long stances of plain terraing or climbing with the hoping trick. And "LB"+"RC" takes a screenshot. So you can be less depending of the keyboard.

ini settings here. The hit wasn't big or shall I say it was less noticeable. And that has been updated since the November date so ignore that. The only one thing I may be missing are the lighting LOD fixes but I'm sure they are in there after posting the comparisons.

As for the controller, those edits seem worthwhile. I don't take screenshots via Steam if that's what that does but it's rather convenient. I do need some more screens in my profile as I took 1 Witcher 2 and 1 for Blur on accident. Will tinker more later.

Originally Posted by Prophet Steve

I don't need a Large Address tweak anymore right? It was updated in a patch or something?

I scrapped almost all of that relating to LAA. If you are not patched for some reason, I can link it back.
Refreshment.01
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:34 PM)
Refreshment.01's Avatar
Thanks for the link. I forgot to ask you if the .ini tweaking has affected your stability in any way? But that answer would also depend if you have played unmoded vanilla version enough to notice.

*Edit: Holy shit Batman! just saw the monster machine you have of course you would not a feel a thing when mesing with some inis :)

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

As for the controller, those edits seem worthwhile. I don't take screenshots via Steam if that's what that does but it's rather convenient. I do need some more screens in my profile as I took 1 Witcher 2 and 1 for Blur on accident. Will tinker more later.

No, i set the screen capture shortcut so i uses the game's internal function. When used it's taking a high quality .BMP image file with no compression like Steam does.
Last edited by Refreshment.01; 01-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Prophet Steve
Member
(01-06-2012, 01:37 PM)
Prophet Steve's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

ini settings here. The hit wasn't big or shall I say it was less noticeable. And that has been updated since the November date so ignore that. The only one thing I may be missing are the lighting LOD fixes but I'm sure they are in there after posting the comparisons.

As for the controller, those edits seem worthwhile. I don't take screenshots via Steam if that's what that does but it's rather convenient. I do need some more screens in my profile as I took 1 Witcher 2 and 1 for Blur on accident. Will tinker more later.



I scrapped almost all of that relating to LAA. If you are not patched for some reason, I can link it back.

No, but I just started with the game, so am figuring out what is outdated and what isn't.

But the uGrids still causes stability issues right? Because my Skyrim hasn't been crashing yet and I'd like to keep it that way.

EDIT Ah, I see your ini file and your specs, your specs are the same as mine. Do you have stability issues with the game?

EDIT 2: Can I turn ingame AA of when I have used the guide for RadeonPro? Does it make a difference?
Last edited by Prophet Steve; 01-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-06-2012, 02:28 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prophet Steve

No, but I just started with the game, so am figuring out what is outdated and what isn't.

But the uGrids still causes stability issues right? Because my Skyrim hasn't been crashing yet and I'd like to keep it that way.

EDIT Ah, I see your ini file and your specs, your specs are the same as mine. Do you have stability issues with the game?

EDIT 2: Can I turn ingame AA of when I have used the guide for RadeonPro? Does it make a difference?

You can leave AA or any in game settings the same. I manually enable 8xEQ MSAA and 16xAF in RadeonPro. Stability is not an issue as much as engine optimization. Just override the settings of what's in game basically. I can tell you that just enabling 16xAF made a big difference when enabling it in RP. I also just enabled FXAA in the ini. I don't see a difference if not for the game seeming a little darker due to it. I would leave that off.
Prophet Steve
Member
(01-06-2012, 02:53 PM)
Prophet Steve's Avatar

Originally Posted by LiquidMetal14

You can leave AA or any in game settings the same. I manually enable 8xEQ MSAA and 16xAF in RadeonPro. Stability is not an issue as much as engine optimization. Just override the settings of what's in game basically. I can tell you that just enabling 16xAF made a big difference when enabling it in RP. I also just enabled FXAA in the ini. I don't see a difference if not for the game seeming a little darker due to it. I would leave that off.

Ah thank you, I followed the guide by BoobPhysics but even with the same settings shown in his screenshot my framerate drops by 15. I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: A picture of my settings:

Confidence Man
360 release: 2005
PS3 release: 2007
I need the reminder.
(01-06-2012, 03:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Dmax3901

If someone could knock up a quick and dirty guide to setting up ENB with Confidence Man's settings I would be eternally grateful. I've been fiddling with it all through nexus mod manager, but it'd be a lot better if I knew what the hell I was doing.

Probably better just to download the file directly, just extract it all to your skyrim folder. That's it. Download the new version though, it has a lot of fixes and adjustments.
TheExecutive
Member
(01-06-2012, 05:41 PM)
TheExecutive's Avatar
So I am still trying to figure out why skyboost does nothing for me...

All you do is copy and paste the SkyBoost.asi and dinput8.dll into the skyrim directory correct? There is also an src folder that has some stuff in it do I put that anywhere?
disappeared
Junior Member
(01-06-2012, 05:44 PM)
disappeared's Avatar
That female face/body mod looks as out-of-place as it did in Oblivion. Jesus.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-06-2012, 05:54 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prophet Steve

Ah thank you, I followed the guide by BoobPhysics but even with the same settings shown in his screenshot my framerate drops by 15. I must be doing something wrong.

EDIT: A picture of my settings:

Hit the overrride tab on the AA portion there. Get rid of Adaptive, it causes glitches. I took screens of each screen here



Turn off Aero and enable high processor affinity for kicks too. Sorry for late response as I had to go out on business.
Colkate
Member
(01-06-2012, 06:05 PM)
Colkate's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheExecutive

So I am still trying to figure out why skyboost does nothing for me...

All you do is copy and paste the SkyBoost.asi and dinput8.dll into the skyrim directory correct? There is also an src folder that has some stuff in it do I put that anywhere?

The Src folder is just the source code for other modders. If you've got the Skyboost and dinput8 files in the same directory as your Skyrim.exe then it should be working. Only thing I can suggest is to make sure your game is fully patched to version 1.3.1.
Last edited by Colkate; 01-06-2012 at 06:07 PM.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(01-06-2012, 06:06 PM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheExecutive

So I am still trying to figure out why skyboost does nothing for me...

All you do is copy and paste the SkyBoost.asi and dinput8.dll into the skyrim directory correct? There is also an src folder that has some stuff in it do I put that anywhere?

Just for the hell of it, install script dragon.
SpudBud
Member
(01-06-2012, 06:16 PM)
SpudBud's Avatar
Has anyone modded any other Witcher 2 stuff into Skyrim? I saw the Triss mod but It would be awesome to get some of Geralt's stuff.

Thread Tools