• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Hitmonchan107
Member
(01-09-2012, 02:20 AM)
Hitmonchan107's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tunavi

wow the steelers came back

TEBOW.
cuevas, PhD.
Member
(01-09-2012, 02:37 AM)
cuevas, PhD.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Hitmonchan107

TEBOW.

.
lybertyboy
Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
(01-09-2012, 02:39 AM)
lybertyboy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hitmonchan107

TEBOW.

Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(01-09-2012, 02:42 AM)
Tashi's Avatar
I was taking a crap when over time happened. I missed it!

It was a code red
vhfive
Member
(01-09-2012, 02:45 AM)
vhfive's Avatar
this week's SportsCenter is officially ruined
Steelyuhas
Member
(01-09-2012, 02:58 AM)
Steelyuhas's Avatar
I hate football.

FUCK
kylej
Banned
(01-09-2012, 03:04 AM)
kylej's Avatar
FUCK THE STEELERS


http://www.twitch.tv/formal

formal, apg, heinz, snipedown running playlist right now. preview of things to come :)
heckfu
Member
(01-09-2012, 03:06 AM)
heckfu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Steelyuhas

I hate football.

FUCK

Just wait, my twitter will be all about football tomorrow when the SEC wins another championship.
Hitmonchan107
Member
(01-09-2012, 03:09 AM)
Hitmonchan107's Avatar

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

Hahaha! That is beautiful.
Hydranockz
Member
(01-09-2012, 03:16 AM)
Hydranockz's Avatar

Originally Posted by lybertyboy

So did 2 of these guys do it wrong or was it the other 3?
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(01-09-2012, 03:17 AM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by vhfive

this week's SportsCenter is officially ruined

For real. I just want people to talk about Tebow like he's a professional athlete and not some complete fuckin mess of a human playing. It can't just be, Broncos beat Steelers.
Crucio
Member
(01-09-2012, 03:37 AM)
Crucio's Avatar
Whats the deal with the credit cap? It no longer tells you when you should stop playing.
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(01-09-2012, 04:15 AM)
Plywood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

Dude, Plywood was gonna cry if you didn't join. His dog just pooped and he wouldn't have been able to take the heartbreak.

  • wat
  1. my dog peed
#getitright
GhaleonEB
knows his net worth
(01-09-2012, 04:49 AM)
GhaleonEB's Avatar

Originally Posted by blamite

I love Dino Blasters. :(

I love Hockey and Haloball.
A27_StarWolf
Banned
(01-09-2012, 05:45 AM)
A27_StarWolf's Avatar
for those of you who missed God descend from the heavens.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...cos-highlights
thezerofire
Member
(01-09-2012, 05:56 AM)
thezerofire's Avatar
played Reach this year, MLG is awesome
Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(01-09-2012, 06:08 AM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by thezerofire

played Reach this year, MLG is awesome

Me and you, we should high five right now
ncsuDuncan
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:16 AM)
ncsuDuncan's Avatar
New article at Misriah Solutions. Not Destiny-related.



Quitting Halo

Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.
Last edited by ncsuDuncan; 01-09-2012 at 06:48 AM.
heckfu
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:18 AM)
heckfu's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

New article at Misriah Solutions. Not Destiny-related.



Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.

I literally wouldn't print that out to shit on as some kind of colorful, make-shift toilet paper.

I've seen my dog vomit out more insightful things than what you just typed on wordpress and submitted as an "article."

If you ever find a map and locate inspiration, let me know.


i mean...nice work!11!
Last edited by heckfu; 01-09-2012 at 06:21 AM.
thezerofire
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:20 AM)
thezerofire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

Me and you, we should high five right now

can we talk about how much fun Oasis is?
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(01-09-2012, 06:21 AM)
Plywood's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

New article at Misriah Solutions. Not Destiny-related.



Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.

Okay I was skimming and this caught my eye:

(As a side note, the start of the voting round should be signaled by a distinct and clearly audible sound. Reach attempts this but the sound is too quiet and players often miss it while browsing the start menu, Xbox guide, or refrigerator.)

Could not agree more.
ncsuDuncan
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:22 AM)
ncsuDuncan's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

I literally wouldn't print that out to shit on as some kind of colorful, make-shift toilet paper.

I've seen my dog vomit out more insightful things than what you just typed on wordpress and submitted as an "article."

If you ever find a map and locate inspiration, let me know.

Tashi
343i Community Coordinator
(01-09-2012, 06:24 AM)
Tashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plywood

Okay I was skimming and this caught my eye:


Could not agree more.

I remember in the beta, everyone was forgetting to vote. It was a big problem
Plywood
NeoGAF's smiling token!
(01-09-2012, 06:31 AM)
Plywood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tashi0106

I remember in the beta, everyone was forgetting to vote. It was a big problem

Well it's not like they paid attention to the beta feedback.
Tawpgun
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:38 AM)
Tawpgun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Plywood

Well it's not like they paid attention to the beta feedback.

The pistol and focus rifle were the two main things I missed for the beta. Elites also. Maybe the Plauncher, but it was a bit OP.

Everything else improved.
thezerofire
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:49 AM)
thezerofire's Avatar

Originally Posted by A27 Tawpgun

The pistol and focus rifle were the two main things I missed for the beta. Elites also. Maybe the Plauncher, but it was a bit OP.

Everything else improved.

grenade launcher got nerfed though
Tunavi
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:52 AM)
Tunavi's Avatar

Originally Posted by thezerofire

grenade launcher got nerfed though

The grenade launcher is better now. The thing was a noob tube in the beta, now I'd call it a propipe
thezerofire
Member
(01-09-2012, 06:58 AM)
thezerofire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tunavi

The grenade launcher is better now. The thing was a noob tube in the beta, now I'd call it a propipe

not really, it wasn't exactly easy to use. now it's just inconsistent
Barrow Roll
Member
(01-09-2012, 07:07 AM)
Barrow Roll's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tunavi

The grenade launcher is better now. The thing was a noob tube in the beta, now I'd call it a propipe

What changed besides it not killing on impact at close range now? Because that change sucks.
thezerofire
Member
(01-09-2012, 07:14 AM)
thezerofire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

What changed besides it not killing on impact at close range now? Because that change sucks.

if you hold down R it basically is never a kill now, it only strips shields.
reggie
Banned
(01-09-2012, 07:18 AM)
reggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

Just found out about the ignore list. So as a fond farewell, fuck you [redacted]

Maybe now I can post without you stalk replying to me all time. Mission successful.
Hitmonchan107
Member
(01-09-2012, 07:24 AM)
Hitmonchan107's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

New article at Misriah Solutions. Not Destiny-related.



Quitting Halo

Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.

The upvote/downvote system is a bit complicated in terms of visual accessibility. Perhaps a simple yes or no vote for each option would be best.

The Arena voting system is brilliant in that you can't see other people's votes. Too often, people are swayed by popular opinion -- be it to vote for the popular choice or for a party to troll the lobby with a terrible gametype and then quit. My suggestion would be a yes/no voting system where votes lock in and voting results are not shared until the end.

I didn't agree with your point to give everyone reduced credit payouts for games that end with a surrender. Winners shouldn't be punished for winning.

Otherwise, great article. Keep up the good work!
ncsuDuncan
Member
(01-09-2012, 07:39 AM)
ncsuDuncan's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hitmonchan107

The upvote/downvote system is a bit complicated in terms of visual accessibility. Perhaps a simple yes or no vote for each option would be best.

The Arena voting system is brilliant in that you can't see other people's votes. Too often, people are swayed by popular opinion -- be it to vote for the popular choice or for a party to troll the lobby with a terrible gametype and then quit. My suggestion would be a yes/no voting system where votes lock in and voting results are not shared until the end.

I can understand your point on visual accessibility. I'm sure some of the UI wizards at Bungie /343 could design a similar system in a much cleaner way.

Arena's hidden, locked votes are good but it makes it even more likely that your vote will be wasted.

The yes/no system would be a touch better than what we have now. I just think players would just end up voting "Yes" for their top option and "No" for everything else, which makes it act just like the current system.

I didn't agree with your point to give everyone reduced credit payouts for games that end with a surrender. Winners shouldn't be punished for winning.

If the game is that lopsided (by team skill or team size), a reduced Game Completion payout is a small price to pay for ending the game early and moving on to a good match.

It's no different than Reach having Game Completion be based on how long a game lasts, only in this case it would only be lower when the game ends due to surrender.

Otherwise, great article. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. :^)

Still waiting on your mysterious good news that probably has something to do with Trendy.
heckfu
Member
(01-09-2012, 07:41 AM)
heckfu's Avatar
Mysterious news still not out? Heckfu has an inside track?

I CAN BE BOUGHT, FOOLS.
Demoncarnotaur
Member
(01-09-2012, 07:41 AM)
Demoncarnotaur's Avatar

Originally Posted by OuterWorldVoice

I heard the rings are comprised of material that can section itself off, like links of a chain and reform into different configurations.

Pfffft, you clearly know nothing of Halo at all. Obviously you havent played the games or read the books.

Ill add an "lol" for the sake of my sarcasm/joking possibly being lost

Hm, I better get some sleep now. Long day, and a long week ahead of me.
TheOddOne
Member
(01-09-2012, 08:05 AM)
TheOddOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

New article at Misriah Solutions. Not Destiny-related.

Quitting Halo

Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.

Man, gotta take my time reading this :O
Krispy
Member
(01-09-2012, 12:24 PM)
Krispy's Avatar

Originally Posted by thezerofire

if you hold down R it basically is never a kill now, it only strips shields.

Sounds like somebody needs more practice. Watch and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ROCR...69AUAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s2rQ...69AUAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuSqu...69AUAAAAAAAAAA

Learn to use it before you abuse it. Class dismissed.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(01-09-2012, 12:28 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar
I guess they're gonna make us earn Weekly #70

Dedication/Time - 30,343cR
Complete 16 Daily Challenges this week.
Barrow Roll
Member
(01-09-2012, 12:30 PM)
Barrow Roll's Avatar
Grenade Launcher truly is the greatest addition from Reach.
Krispy
Member
(01-09-2012, 12:38 PM)
Krispy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

Grenade Launcher truly is the greatest addition from Reach.

reggie
Banned
(01-09-2012, 01:29 PM)
reggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

New article at Misriah Solutions. Not Destiny-related.



Quitting Halo

Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.

In regards to betrayals, I think it's much easier to have friendly fire turned off, instead of having a convoluted system that may or may not work.
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(01-09-2012, 02:39 PM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by Barrow Roll

Grenade Launcher truly is the greatest addition from Reach.

It needs to show up in Halo 4 somehow. Hidden compartment on Forward Unto Dawn, Tardis, whatever.
Slightly Live
Dirty tag dodger
(01-09-2012, 02:54 PM)
Slightly Live's Avatar

Originally Posted by ncsuDuncan

Quitting Halo

Rip it a new one, HaloGAF.

Nothing personal Duncan, but you've invited a ripping and I'm happy to try. =)

You ranking of the reasons why people quit is just total guesswork, you don't have the faintest idea why people actually quit the game and the attempt to rank the reasons is just silly. Even going by anecdotal evidence the ranking is bizarre. You don't even attempt to explain why you think one reason is more likely than the other. I honestly think half of that list is irrelevant.

The whole voting "solution" you put forward is a complicated mess and solves a problem that barely even exists. Saying that 343/Bungie could make the complicated mess look nice is irrelevant as it's a flawed idea. You'd need to explain how the system worked to players and even then some just wouldn't understand it. It asks many times more of a player than the existing system (choose your favourite selection versus rank four selections individually). As has already been stated, a blind vote would improve things and little else should be done. If it's broke, don't fix it. And certainly don't add on a heap of useless crap for no reason.

Your surrender idea is poorly thought through and open to abuse. Any possible surrender option would need to be carefully considered and implemented but your proposed "solutions" could easily be exploited. Winning teams would be constantly and consistently denied a victory if given your ideas any merit and it shit up matchmaking altogether. It takes just one quitter on a team and the whole then is abused to hell and back.

A surrender option may actually be good idea and it's one the community has been floating for a very long time but not your proposed idea.

Your booting idea; again a "solution" to a problem that doesn't or barely exists. It is flawed and would actually make the situation worse.

Firstly, you are punishing the "victim" player for wanting to boot a player more than forgive them. You force them to read multiple walls of text and hold buttons for seconds versus a quick button press. This eats into gameplay time and removes the player from control during the game, which could lead to more griefing too. To add insult to injury, even if a "victim" jumps through all of your proposed silly hoops, the offending player isn't even booted. Nope, because you've introduced a system wide upon to abuse that rewards dicks and punishes their victims: the three strikes system. So some tosspot can dick around until the final strike causing even more grief than they could under the existing system.

Not to forget that you've decided to toss all the information towards one player and not the other. The griefer would need to have the consequences of his actions explained, particularly under the three strikes system otherwise its even more a useless deterrent if the offending player doesn't even understand it.

Your idea is flawed, broken and just makes a mess of everything all the while it would make it worse.

The credit "punishment" idea wouldn't work. Credits can always be earned. No one could possibly care about losing a few hundred or thousand credits. It's a horrible punishment which lacks more balls than Reach's already defanged "punishment" system and is even more likely not to work.

And time out? Again, a nice idea that's been floated around a ton in the community.

Your original ideas lack substance. Your foundations are based on flawed guesswork and your best ideas are stolen from the community. If your original ideas were actually implemented, macthmaking would be a joke, winners would be punished more than losers, assholes would increasingly make games unplayable. But the quit rates might just decline because the majority of what's left of Halo's population would quit the game for good and you'd be left with a small bunch of asshole trading shitty experiences with one another.
Last edited by Slightly Live; 01-09-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Shake Appeal
Member
(01-09-2012, 02:58 PM)
Shake Appeal's Avatar
Why don't you tell him how you really feel?
heckfu
Member
(01-09-2012, 03:09 PM)
heckfu's Avatar
You know Dani is worked up when he calls someone a tosspot. You don't really mean that!
Slightly Live
Dirty tag dodger
(01-09-2012, 03:20 PM)
Slightly Live's Avatar
Am I really coming across as angry or something? I was just trying to be blunt. =/
heckfu
Member
(01-09-2012, 03:22 PM)
heckfu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slightly Live

Am I really coming across as angry or something? I was just trying to be blunt. =/

Haha, not angry, no. I was merely pointing out that word because I had never seen it written before and had to look it up.

but blunt? blunt is a good word to use.
reggie
Banned
(01-09-2012, 03:24 PM)
reggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Slightly Live

The whole voting "solution" you put forward is a complicated mess and solves a problem that barely even exists. Saying that 343/Bungie could make the complicated mess look nice is irrelevant as it's a flawed idea. You'd need to explain how the system worked to players and even then some just wouldn't understand it. It asks many times more of a player than the existing system (choose your favourite selection versus rank four selections individually). As has already been stated, a blind vote would improve things and little else should be done. If it's broke, don't fix it. And certainly don't add on a heap of useless crap for no reason.

This too. To fix the voting all you need to have is blind votes and make it so that you can't change your vote after it has been cast (the amount of people who don't take it seriously and constantly change their vote... Force people to make the decision properly).
Last edited by reggie; 01-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Slightly Live
Dirty tag dodger
(01-09-2012, 03:30 PM)
Slightly Live's Avatar

Originally Posted by heckfu

Haha, not angry, no. I was merely pointing out that word because I had never seen it written before and had to look it up.

but blunt? blunt is a good word to use.

Good.

<3 Duncan and his site.
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(01-09-2012, 03:36 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by reggie

This too. To fix the voting all you need to have is blind votes and make it so that you can't change your vote after it has been cast (the amount of people who don't take it seriously and constantly change their vote... Force people to make the decision properly).

I'd like to see them experiment with this setting outside of the Arena in other playlists. Then again, I'd like 343 to actually ship a new Reach gametype.

Thread Tools