• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Fantastical
Death Prophet
(01-22-2012, 03:39 AM)
Fantastical's Avatar
Why do people post on the official boards? Are there not some kind of fan board you can post on?
Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(01-22-2012, 03:40 AM)
Fox318's Avatar

Originally Posted by Andronicus

all u can do is laugh

Some men want to watch the world burn.
Derrick01
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:41 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by FStop7

I could always just post that I'm 12 in the forum and that'll get it taken care of.

Knowing them they'll probably still charge your credit card.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 03:41 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastical

Why do people post on the official boards?

To feel superior.

No, really.
Thoraxes
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:42 AM)
Thoraxes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Conflict NZ

At this point I'm actually afraid to post on the Bioware/EA forums and will probably never will. What a way to create a community.

Yeah, i'm afraid of getting anything banned, and is the same reason I don't use Origin either.

It's scary to think you can lose all that money in games for a joke.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(01-22-2012, 03:43 AM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Knowing them they'll probably still charge your credit card.

That's the rumor that they do, currently.
Renmei
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:43 AM)
Renmei's Avatar
SWTOR is rated "Teen" meaning you have to be 13+ so.. this guy is an idiot. Tis alright anonymous BW forum mod, I didn't know this was some obscure 4chan meme either~
Lone_Prodigy
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:43 AM)
Lone_Prodigy's Avatar
Meme or not, they should know better.
-bakalhau-
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:46 AM)
-bakalhau-'s Avatar
I don't know what you guys were expecting. He said he was 12. He didn't say it was a meme. Account suspended.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 03:46 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

That's the rumor that they do, currently.

All "EA is evil" rumors are under heavy suspect from me. People like to create validation as to why this thing is not only flawed, but purposefully evil.

Seriously, talk to a few people and I'm sure you'll come across the guy with the theory that EA is using mind control on BioWare.
TheChewyWaffles
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:47 AM)
TheChewyWaffles's Avatar

Originally Posted by MotionBlue

If only spouting memes was a ban-able offense in all online games.

There would be no world of Warcraft that's for sure.
Hex
Junior Member
(01-22-2012, 03:48 AM)
Hex's Avatar
I fucking hate "memes" so anytime misfortune befalls someone who uses them, I am ok with it.
Sysgen
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:48 AM)
Sysgen's Avatar

Originally Posted by -bakalhau-

I don't know what you guys were expecting. He said he was 12. He didn't say it was a meme. Account suspended.

Obvious it wan an expression and the ban is wacked. Unfortunate that not everyone knows to stay out of any community controlled by EA.
TheChewyWaffles
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:48 AM)
TheChewyWaffles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Renmei

SWTOR is rated "Teen" meaning you have to be 13+ so.. this guy is an idiot. Tis alright anonymous BW forum mod, I didn't know this was some obscure 4chan meme either~

Those ratings mean dick.
Derrick01
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:50 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

That's the rumor that they do, currently.

Heh and to think that I was actually joking about that one. Man EA is one fucked up company.
jediyoshi
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:50 AM)
jediyoshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by -bakalhau-

I don't know what you guys were expecting. He said he was 12. He didn't say it was a meme. Account suspended.

Nothing funnier than prefacing your meme by announcing you're using one.
mavs
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:51 AM)
mavs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Renmei

SWTOR is rated "Teen" meaning you have to be 13+ so.. this guy is an idiot. Tis alright anonymous BW forum mod, I didn't know this was some obscure 4chan meme either~

You don't have to be 13+ to play the game, you have to be 13+ to post on the forums. And if you get banned from the forums you're banned from the game.
Gattsu25
Formerly Wakune
(01-22-2012, 03:51 AM)
Gattsu25's Avatar
I'm a meme luddite and even I have heard of this one.
Sysgen
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:51 AM)
Sysgen's Avatar
The guy is also German and it really is a dick move by Bioware.
Jake Tower
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:53 AM)
br0ken_shad0w
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:54 AM)
br0ken_shad0w's Avatar

Originally Posted by balladofwindfishes

on other forums where this rule was enforced, you could get the ban reversed by sending in proof you weren't underage, or having your parents fill out a form or whatever.

It doesn't appear that they gave this person that option, to appeal with proof that he is not underage.

Yeah gamefaqs bans you on the spot if you even joke about being underage. COPPA seems to be a big deal. Remains to be seen if Bioware will overturn if there's proof.
Piercedveil
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:54 AM)
Piercedveil's Avatar
So funny. These bans always seem so unfair and hilarious.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 03:56 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Heh and to think that I was actually joking about that one. Man EA is one fucked up company.

Yeah, rumors are always true about things we don't like! Especially the ones that are too ridiculous to be true in any way, shape, or form!

Do you guys honestly believe that, even if this stuff is happening, that EA is doing it on purpose?
Valnen
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:56 AM)
Valnen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastical

Why do people post on the official boards? Are there not some kind of fan board you can post on?

They aren't completely useless, if it weren't for the official boards they probably wouldn't be working on things like combat delay the way they are.
Renmei
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:57 AM)
Renmei's Avatar
My question is whether or now Bioware really could get sued for knowingly allowing some 12- yr old kid from posting on their forum. Oh wait, American company nevermind~
It isn't even like this is an obvious meme like "over 9000", "lolcats" or "orly" where even the unhip could probably tell they're some sort of in-joke.
GavinGT
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:57 AM)
GavinGT's Avatar

Originally Posted by br0ken_shad0w

Yeah gamefaqs bans you on the spot if you even joke about being underage. COPPA seems to be a big deal. Remains to be seen if Bioware will overturn if there's proof.

Fuck no. EA never overturns these forum bans, regardless of how egregious.
Riposte
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:57 AM)
Riposte's Avatar
Whether it is a meme is pretty unimportant. The joke is pretty self-explanatory. You'd have to be a goddamn robot to take everything you read on a message board literally.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(01-22-2012, 03:58 AM)
Fantastical's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valnen

They aren't completely useless, if it weren't for the official boards they probably wouldn't be working on things like combat delay the way they are.

What I mean is that I wouldn't post on the official boards in fear of being banned from my game.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 03:58 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Renmei

My question is whether or now Bioware really could get sued for knowingly allowing some 12- yr old kid from posting on their forum. Oh wait, American company nevermind~
It isn't even like this is an obvious meme like "over 9000", "lolcats" or "orly" where even the unhip could probably tell they're some sort of in-joke.

Canadian company, American branch. But I still think it applies.
Teknoman
Little Big NeoContra
(01-22-2012, 03:58 AM)
Teknoman's Avatar

Originally Posted by mysteriousmage09

Is Bioware for fucking real?

Derrick01
Banned
(01-22-2012, 03:59 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Yeah, rumors are always true about things we don't like! Especially the ones that are too ridiculous to be true in any way, shape, or form!

Do you guys honestly believe that, even if this stuff is happening, that EA is doing it on purpose?

Any other company I would probably say no, but I've already been exposed to 17 years of evil EA antics to be surprised by anything they do anymore. They make a lot of "mistakes".
Frankenstrat
Member
(01-22-2012, 03:59 AM)
Frankenstrat's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSeks

Fixed that for you.

Also since this is the TORtanic hate thread currently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyO1F8fBGhU

Obligatory
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 04:00 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Any other company I would probably say no, but I've already been exposed to 17 years of evil EA antics to be surprised by anything they do anymore. They make a lot of "mistakes".

I don't quite think that people know what evil actually entails when talking about companies that make luxury Want items.

Evil is what Countrywide and the other banks knowingly did to families everywhere.
Evil is not making a crappy online system.
br0ken_shad0w
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:01 AM)
br0ken_shad0w's Avatar
And this is the best thing that came out of the TORtanic meme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-X0WUNN_g

Originally Posted by GavinGT

Fuck no. EA never overturns these forum bans, regardless of how egregious.

Another reason why I never go to official forums.
Valnen
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:02 AM)
Valnen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fantastical

What I mean is that I wouldn't post on the official boards in fear of being banned from my game.

It's not particularly difficult to avoid such things, you just have to watch what you say a bit more than you otherwise would. Just treat them like meeting a girlfriend's parents for the first time or something and you'll be fine.

My issue with this sort of moderation is not necessarily how harsh it is, but how inconsistent it can be. It doesn't really clean up the boards because they only seem to ban select people who act up, not everyone who does. Almost like they're playing favorites. But I know it's probably because they have moderation teams that are woefully understaffed.
Frankenstrat
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:03 AM)
Frankenstrat's Avatar

Originally Posted by br0ken_shad0w

And this is the best thing that came out of the TORtanic meme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-X0WUNN_g



Another reason why I never go to official forums.

Oh God, I lost it at Ainsley.
Moaradin
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:03 AM)
Moaradin's Avatar

Originally Posted by br0ken_shad0w

And this is the best thing that came out of the TORtanic meme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-X0WUNN_g



Another reason why I never go to official forums.

That 4chan shit is so dumb but I admit, the cantina song part on the violin was funny lol.
GavinGT
Banned
(01-22-2012, 04:03 AM)
GavinGT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Valnen

It's not particularly difficult to avoid such things, you just have to watch what you say a bit more than you otherwise would. Just treat them like meeting a girlfriend's parents for the first time or something and you'll be fine.

Or just avoid official forums because they're always bastions of concentrated stupidity.
MotionBlue
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:03 AM)
MotionBlue's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

Heh and to think that I was actually joking about that one. Man EA is one fucked up company.

They aren't charging people, I know two people who were banned because of Ilum.

The amount of hate EA gets is making everyone stupid, what is wrong with you people?
Derrick01
Banned
(01-22-2012, 04:04 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

I don't quite think that people know what evil actually entails when talking about companies that make luxury Want items.

Evil is what Countrywide and the other banks knowingly did to families everywhere.
Evil is not making a crappy online system.

I know you have an extreme hard on for defending everything EA and their extensions do but I hope you know they have a huge history of doing extremely dickish things to their employees and customers. It's pretty well documented even before Wikipedia came along.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they were charging people after banning them.
TheSeks
Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(01-22-2012, 04:08 AM)
TheSeks's Avatar

Originally Posted by Frankenstrat

Obligatory

Top Comment:

TOR is nothing like the Titanic.

People escaped from the Titanic.


HAHAHAHA. Oh /v/~ <3
HarryDemeanor
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:08 AM)
HarryDemeanor's Avatar

Originally Posted by MotionBlue

They aren't charging people, I know two people who were banned because of Ilum.

The amount of hate EA gets is making everyone stupid, what is wrong with you people?

I don't get it either.
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 04:09 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I know you have an extreme hard on for defending everything EA and their extensions

Nope, just a hard-on for defending against mis-information, hyperbole, and stupidity.

do but I hope you know they have a huge history of doing extremely dickish things to their employees and customers.

That they do. Believe it or not, I'm not a dumbfuck.
Amagon
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:12 AM)
Amagon's Avatar
Is this real life?
Kade
Banned
(01-22-2012, 04:13 AM)
Kade's Avatar

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

Nothing funnier than prefacing your meme by announcing you're using one.

I'd rather people do that so I know that the post isn't worth reading.
Valnen
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:14 AM)
Valnen's Avatar

Originally Posted by GavinGT

Or just avoid official forums because they're always bastions of concentrated stupidity.

I avoid discussions in them, but they are useful for providing feedback in an MMO, because they do read and take everything into account (which can be both good and bad).
HP_Wuvcraft
(01-22-2012, 04:14 AM)
HP_Wuvcraft's Avatar

Originally Posted by MotionBlue

They aren't charging people, I know two people who were banned because of Ilum.

The amount of hate EA gets is making everyone stupid, what is wrong with you people?

Your friends are obviously EA Plants.

Don't talk to them anymore.
John
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:15 AM)
John's Avatar
that is hysterical
MotionBlue
Member
(01-22-2012, 04:18 AM)
MotionBlue's Avatar

Originally Posted by HP_Wuvcraft

Your friends are obviously EA Plants.

Don't talk to them anymore.

Obviously.
Htown
STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
(01-22-2012, 04:21 AM)
Htown's Avatar
This is funny until you realize it cuts off access from a game someone paid for.

Thread Tools