• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest Game You Own?

Hard to say, as I have a lot. At work at the moment so I don't have a pic. I'll list what I have that I believe is rare, and then someone more knowledgeable can tell me which is the rarest:

- Donkey Kong (Atari 2600)
- Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes (Gamecube)
- Shenmue (Dreamcast)
- Flashback (Jaguar)
- Dead Rising - non-classics cover (360)
- Samurai Showdown (3DO)
- Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2)
- Record of Lodoss War (Dreamcast)
- Final Fight (Mega CD)
- Panzer Dragoon II (Saturn)
- Dark Saviour (Saturn)

I'm sure there's other people might consider rare (MvC2 on DC for example) but I tried to base my list on whether this stuff is readily available on eBay for example. A lot of this stuff either isn't on eBay or really expensive when it is.

Is Twin Snakes rare? I have two of them lol.

I'm going to set the bar high...

Mine:

http://www.gamesniped.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/elemental-gearbolt-assasins-case-playstation-ps1.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/features/assassin_case/case_front.jpg[img]

Only 50 exist. One of the rarest PS1 items out there.[/QUOTE]

What game is it? Can't tell.

220px-NightsRereleasedCover.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Does the Metroid Prime Trilogy even count? I heard it was sorta rare these days.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm selling off a ton of old games this week but I couldn't let these go lol

vvYCC.jpg

hlGB8.jpg

I also have Persona 2 and Shining Force 3 (Saturn) but they are on eBay and won't be mine anymore in a few days lol

sc101

Last Blade 2 and MvC 2 for DC sealed, not sure if they're very rare. I have some boxed Intellivision and 2600 games too.

Troll

Banned
PANZER DRAGOON SAGA: This fantastic game was produced in the last days of Sega Saturn and in Europe around 3000 copies were distributed. In North America, around 10.000 copies were sold. The value of this game is around 150 EURO and that is the only game that needs to be owned in this list in our opinion

I had no idea it was so limited. I feel even worse now.

cj_iwakura

Elemental Gearbolt w/ Assassin Case. Comes with a gold plated Guncon and gold plated memory card. Although not all of them had the gold plated memory card. Some came with red ones.

It's also worth mentioning that it is one of the best light gun shooters ever made.

The game is simply amazing.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Okie Dokie (Atari 2600)

This isn't mine. I'm #97/100 #49/100 or something. Would have to look it up.

ixZTX.jpg

Edit: Wow. I'm a lot lower number than I remembered. I'm #49/100.

Philia

Everblue 2. Such an quality game mannn.

Anyway, I also had Koudelka til I found the third disc to be scratched to oblivion unfortunately. I also had Persona 2: Eternal Punishment that I'll go through once I finish Innocent Sin on psp. Lets see... oh, Kartia.

We also had Shining Force III (the first of the trilogy) for Saturn. I played, beaten and sold it. Its an alright game, however I did enjoyed Shining of the Holy Ark way more than I thought I would.

Um... I think that's about it really. Not sure if they're rare but yeah.

Toppot

G2Fff.png

Swing PS1
Rare but not expensive game. I swear I'm one of the only people to know it exists. Got it for Christmas this year after remembering I loved the hell out of a demo I had of it many years ago.

Its an interesting puzzle game that is sort of match 3+ but has a weighted ball element to it that I haven't seen anything like since. and nothing to do with balls with faces on =S. They could remake it for iOS/Android and make some nice money as it gets challenging quite quickly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcq_Cebmh9o

RickA238

I love how we still do this thread once a week, after all these years. Maybe it should just be made into a sticky.

Alright fine, I'll follow suit. Before downsizing my collection, it was Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad for Neo-Geo AES
I sold it a few months ago for $815
. I also used to have an English Metal Slug 3 AES and a sealed copy of Radiant Silvergun. My current rarest game is probably a mint Panzer Dragoon Saga. Or maybe Strikers 1945 Plus for Neo-Geo MVS. Or maybe a PAL Mega Man X3 for Sega Saturn.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I missed the opportunity to buy a shitload of sealed Star Ocean 2s and Shadow Hearts for 5€ each some years ago when some shop in my town closed down :((

Personally I own nothing of too much value (everything far sub 100€). Kula World PAL was much more worth than it is now when I bought it for cheap.

jvm

Gamasutra.
For the sake of having more pictures I'll offer up another rarity:

2012-02-07_17-38-55_254.jpg

This one usually goes for well over $100 on ebay (I think auctions around the time I bought it were going for about $150) but I happened to strike on a pretty good day and got it for like $50.

Too bad the game is pure rubbish.
You know how rubbish it is? The parallax scrolling goes the WRONG WAY when you turn. That's right ... the world turns the wrong way.

Oh, Atari!

Edit: Hm. Youtube video doesn't bear this out. I blame early senility. :(

Edit 2: Ah, here we go. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topi...atari-karts-today/page__p__855771#entry855771

Digishine

Banned
This.

2011-09-01_at_10_40.png

I do also have MGS 3 substance in mint condition and 2 x god of war 3 Ultimate trilogy Edition european edition

jeremy1456

You know how rubbish it is? The parallax scrolling goes the WRONG WAY when you turn. That's right ... the world turns the wrong way.

Oh, Atari!

Edit: Hm. Youtube video doesn't bear this out. I blame early senility. :(

Haha I was about to say that I never noticed that.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Rarest in terms of print run is probably my copy of Border Down LE for the Dreamcast. I believe that out of the 15,000 copies printed, only 5,000 are LEs.

BorderDownLE.jpg

I love LEs but it annoys me this day and age that companies throw that tag around that it doesn't seem like it holds any value.

Anyway, I have a few Collectors Editions, not too many, maybe 4-5 but I suppose the rarest thing I own (and don't laugh) is a factory sealed Virtua Fighter 2 for the Megadrive.

L7mbG.jpg

AniHawk

probably my signed copy of snake eater (shinkawa and kojima's signatures)

for just normal rareness, uh, maybe something like klonoa or la pucelle tactics? they're not worth much, but they didn't sell very well.

the sealed snake eater probably has the most value out of all my games, but of the ones i know that are worth money, my sealed skyward sword bundle and sealed premium edition hyperdimension neptunia (it was given to me) probably top the list.

Smo21

Secret of Mana SNES I guess. Don't think its rare at all tho. Are ICO or Zone of the Ender 2 rare?

edit* I see someone posted Metroid Trilogy, I have that too but didn't think it was rare.

totowhoa

Banned
I have a nearly *mint* copy of Earthbound. Sadly, no box, but the cart looks factory fresh. Not the slightest scuff, discoloration, or label damage. It would definitely sell on the higher end for that reason I'd imagine, even if that's still not really all that high.

Have a number of other games that are also valued moderately high I guess, but I'd wager that's the highest I currently own. A number of other games I've owned that were in a similar range have dropped over time.

PKrockin

Probably Battle Arena Toshinden on the Game Boy.

I never, ever even see this game mentioned or acknowledged. It's a decent game too.

battle_arena_toshinden_11_box_front.jpg

bender

What time is it?
CtUMF.jpg

Found this in a used game store a few years back. I probably wouldn't have given it a second look but I think it was a topic discussed on a Retronauts episode that must have stuck with me. I'm not sure how rare it is but it's probably the pick of the litter as far as my collection is concerned (that or Earthbound).

Top Bottom